User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

the first ones to panic. got ammo at a cheaper price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is it really "Panicking" when there's a legitimate reason?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Yes. Panicking in any situation is not helpful.

And the ones that learned from prior panics and bought over the past 6 months or so got it at a cheaper price than both groups
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:10:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
(<---snickers)  Still shooting LC lot #9
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Gouging? Do you hate capitalism?
View Quote

Maybe he doesn't understand economics.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:22:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

35cpr with clips, free shipping, and a new ammo can.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

35cpr with clips, free shipping, and a new ammo can.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not to blame.  I bought a ton of Wolf this last year while it was cheap and plentiful.  The last time I purchased ammo was Black Friday.

ETA: You could successfully convince 100% of Arf members to not panic buy, and it wouldn't change the market one bit.  We are a tiny minority.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
well if they cant sell it after the 16th they better not hold onto it too much longer lol!
View Quote

Who is they?  It won't be illegal for the Beards to sell after the 16th....only ffls and manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I went to my LGS today and there was PLENTY of 5.56/.223 in lots of different flavors. Price was more than I want to pay but it was there if someone wanted to purchase.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I sure as hell ain't responsible.  I haven't bought factory .223/5.56 ammo in years.
View Quote

Not my fault either, I don't even own anything in .223/5.56.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I went to my LGS today and there was PLENTY of 5.56/.223 in lots of different flavors. Price was more than I want to pay but it was there if someone wanted to purchase.

View Quote

lol, i have never been to my LGS and the price was not more than i wanted to pay.

$19.99 for crap 9mm AYFKM!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#12]
It’s the fear of an out of control administration and lawless Gov that is causing all these major panic buys since 2008. Some ignorance and profit taking feeds all these panics, but it is not the root cause. If you really think about it, these buying panics have been going on and off since the early to mid 90s. Us older folks will recall the major primer and powder shortages back in the day when the Gov threatened to put taggets and markers in primers and powder. This cat and mouse game has been going on for a long time.

It sucks that ammo and powder is expensive and hard to find at times, but it will eventually go back down. Look at the bright side; these recent buying panics pushed forward 10-15 years worth of normal demand in just the last few years. So many people now have ARs, AKs, hi-cap handguns, tactical shotguns, tons of mags and thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo it’s absolutely mind-boggling.

The anti-gun/anti-freedom pushers have failed miserably at the federal level. They have people so spooked and pissed off, every time they open their mouths with some new nutty anti-gun proposal; millions of folks go out and buy even more guns, ammo and mags just to spite. I hope the fools continue squawking about banning guns and ammo, if they keep it up, eventually the population will be so armed, they won’t be able to do a damn thing about it no matter what laws they try to pass.

The more guns, mags and ammo in the hands of citizens the better.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#13]
We ?  I have about 1000 rounds  of factory ammo that was given to me years ago , I reload everything I shoot , I have approx 8,000 XM 193 , 2,000 varmint bullets , 2,000MKs and at least 1,000 misc. bullets of various weights and profiles , with just about enough powders and primers to cover them all , it's not an ammo fort but I'm not panicking
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It’s the fear of an out of control administration and lawless Gov that is causing all these major panic buys since 2008. Some ignorance and profit taking feeds all these panics, but it is not the root cause. If you really think about it, these buying panics have been going on and off since the early to mid 90s. Us older folks will recall the major primer and powder shortages back in the day when the Gov threatened to put taggets and markers in primers and powder. This cat and mouse game has been going on for a long time.

It sucks that ammo and powder is expensive and hard to find at times, but it will eventually go back down. Look at the bright side; these recent buying panics pushed forward 10-15 years worth of normal demand in just the last few years. So many people now have ARs, AKs, hi-cap handguns, tactical shotguns, tons of mags and thousands upon thousands of rounds of ammo it’s absolutely mind-boggling.

The anti-gun/anti-freedom pushers have failed miserably at the federal level. They have people so spooked and pissed off, every time they open their mouths with some new nutty anti-gun proposal; millions of folks go out and buy even more guns, ammo and mags just to spite. I hope the fools continue squawking about banning guns and ammo, if they keep it up, eventually the population will be so armed, they won’t be able to do a damn thing about it no matter what laws they try to pass.

The more guns, mags and ammo in the hands of citizens the better.
View Quote

Fukin A!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not to blame.

I haven't bought ammo in years, and I refuse to pay panic prices.

I may have contributed to the powder and reloading supply shortage......
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And the ones that learned from prior panics and bought over the past 6 months or so got it at a cheaper price than both groups
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would like to recognize the man with the unusual choice in underwear for this spot on reflection.

Call me chicken little if you want to. But my ammo stash is already full, bitches!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:55:17 PM EDT
[#18]
probably more me than you
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]
So everyone enjoying "capitalism" at its finest, who've not "panicked" but has bought thousands of green tips in the last couple weeks, now what?  You may have something that will be banned, you won't shoot it because well it's banned and you can't find it anymore, but you'll have spent neckbearding prices, another reason why you won't shoot it.  Will the ammo just sit in a closet somewhere?  I guess I just don't get it.  I guess it was bought because the gov says you can't have it, now it's going to collect dust, buy hey, you managed to find some just because .  Good for you!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So everyone enjoying "capitalism" at its finest, who've not "panicked" but has bought thousands of green tips in the last couple weeks, now what?  You may have something that will be banned, you won't shoot it because well it's banned and you can't find it anymore, but you'll have spent neckbearding prices, another reason why you won't shoot it.  Will the ammo just sit in a closet somewhere?  I guess I just don't get it.  I guess it was bought because the gov says you can't have it, now it's going to collect dust, buy hey, you managed to find some just because .  Good for you!
View Quote

So, you failed to stock up after the last panic right?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:07:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Nope , been good for a long while.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:10:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Traded about $275 of m855 today for a keltec pmr-30.  True story
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We panic like there is no tomorrow. We create stories without facts. Ban has not happened yet.
It's a ploy. Now stores are starting to hoard and will later put it out with higher prices. Price Gouging
has began. Wake up everyone! Stop the panic.
Instead, conserve ammo. Don't be fooled by hearsay and bite the ploy
View Quote

Don't EVEN try to blame me!     I refuse to participate in the panic/ hysteria. And I'll be double-damned if I EVER pay stupid high prices for ammo during a shortage/panic fueled by neckbeards. I don't hate capitalism nor do I have much .223 or .22 at all, but that doesn't matter. I have other things I can do in the meantime.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.

I'd say you don't really understand how Capitalism comes into this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why can't I resell it later on again....for a giant profit?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

GOUGER!!!!!!!1!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
We panic like there is no tomorrow. We create stories without facts. Ban has not happened yet.
It's a ploy. Now stores are starting to hoard and will later put it out with higher prices. Price Gouging
View Quote

I laughed.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Gosh, I wish I had read this before.  Damn, I have never read anything like this, in a dozen or so threads, on this site.  OP is a genius and an original thinker.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Ha.

Ha-ha.

Ha-ha-ha.

Not me sucker.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Your'e trying to stop a runaway train by standing in the middle of the tracks, not gonna work..
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Don't EVEN try to blame me!     I refuse to participate in the panic/ hysteria. And I'll be double-damned if I EVER pay stupid high prices for ammo during a shortage/panic fueled by neckbeards. I don't hate capitalism nor do I have much .223 or .22 at all, but that doesn't matter. I have other things I can do in the meantime.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I paid $9.99 per 30 for ZQ1 ammo TODAY at Walmart.
That was a good price 6 weeks ago, even moreso now.

Gonna hang onto this for a bit, it doesn't go bad and my rifles like it. If it doesn't get banned, well it's gonna get made into reloadable brass.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get so sick of hearing this kind of misinformed bullshit.  The ban HAS HAPPENED.  It is law.  It's a done deal.  The time for debate was many months ago.  It's a set in stone law.  The only thing the Federal Gov't is doing at this point is taking comment on how to best implement the BAN that is already SET IN PLACE, DONE DEAL.  You can comment up until March 16th but the ban is a DONE DEAL !
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Go back to your cave, OP!

It's not my fault that ammo prices are high; it is directly the ATF's fault because they've proposed a ban on arguably one of the top two most common practice rounds.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.
View Quote

NO !  The ATF has NOT "proposed a ban".  The ATF HAS BANNED !  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go back to your cave, OP!

It's not my fault that ammo prices are high; it is directly the ATF's fault because they've proposed a ban on arguably one of the top two most common practice rounds.

Your logic is bad and you should feel bad.

HAS BANNED would be past-tense. M855 is still, albeit temporarily, legal to sell (if you can find any). I still stand correct, it is still a Proposed Ban because they could change their mind before it is implemented.

That was beside the point and really has no bearing on what I was trying to convey though...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:09:30 PM EDT
[#38]
panic is not knowing what to do next.

i know what to do next--buy more ammo.

hence, no panic.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:12:36 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not possible to "gouge" on anything but food and water--and then even that's debatable.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I am so glad that the OP came here to educate us on the evil of our ways
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Stop buying Ammo so I can buy ammo"

That's the only take away I get from these posts.  There is no alternative reality where everyone calmly gets in line to buy Ammo at a regular price.  That's not how this works.

Buy whatever you want folks.  It's your money, spend it however you want (or not) .  The market ain't holding it's breath waiting for you to act either way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Panic buying for gun owners, is like an Apple launch for hipsters.  It is kind of a sport now!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Panic buying for gun owners, is like an Apple launch for hipsters.  It is kind of a sport now!
View Quote

Yeah no shit!  Sure seems that way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:43:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Blames people "creating stories without fact".

Says stores are hording.

Nice one, OP.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:55:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I get so sick of hearing this kind of misinformed bullshit.  The ban HAS HAPPENED.  It is law.  It's a done deal.  The time for debate was many months ago.  It's a set in stone law.  The only thing the Federal Gov't is doing at this point is taking comment on how to best implement the BAN that is already SET IN PLACE, DONE DEAL.  You can comment up until March 16th but the ban is a DONE DEAL !
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It isn't 'banned', just going to be banned from being manufactured or sold by vendors...

"prohibits the manufacture, importation, and sale by licensed manufacturers or importers, but not possession, of “a projectile or projectile core which may be used in a handgun and which is constructed entirely . . . from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, bronze, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium."
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:00:05 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
(<---snickers)  Still shooting LC lot #9

I got you beat

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=73973

Holy Cow....those are from the days of steam driven AR's and kerosene lit Nite Vision.

I humbly concede, Sir.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:01:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

<---- hasnt bought 5.56/.223 in over a year, and .22 in over 2  blame yourself Boyo but leave me out of it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:06:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I sure as hell ain't responsible.  I haven't bought factory .223/5.56 ammo in years.
View Quote

Me too :-)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top