Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#1]
sooooo does this mean I have to shave my beard? There is still money to be made
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't the at already the best selling rifle in the US?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:21:02 PM EDT
[#3]
An encouraging article written by someone on our side is not really that encouraging (Choir preaching to the choir)...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If this backfired, it would be true salad days for the neckbeards out there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The ban isn't going to go through and all the neckbeards will have blown their paychecks for nothin lol.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
that's pure speculation.  The vast majority of the people who were on the fence bought an AR after Sandyhook.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:31:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's pure speculation.  The vast majority of the people who were on the fence bought an AR after Sandyhook.
View Quote

yeah but who has just one
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't know... I sold a (much) higher than normal volume of 556 ammo and AR's this weekend.  I work retail firearm sales.  Time will tell though if this will keep up though...

More people asking about 223/556 than 22LR for the first time since I can remember...lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:36:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The black rifle market is at saturation.  I can't see much of anything boosting the market other than an invasion or pre-1994 style gun hatred from the media.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:40:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have zero. Tragic boating accident

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard rumors that there are people out there with only one AR, but I can't confirm them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The black rifle market is at saturation.  I can't see much of anything boosting the market other than an invasion or pre-1994 style gun hatred from the media.
View Quote

Isn't everything in your post currently happening?

Open border, and every shooting is gun hysteria for the MSM.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Actually, 2.  And a Glock.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The ban isn't going to go through and all the neckbeards will have blown their paychecks for nothin lol.
View Quote

They will either sell it or sit on it and not buy any more for the next 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I actually think that we are the only ones keeping the economy alive. How much money has the firearm industry made since fuckhead has been in office.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:01:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
That would be nice, but I am not as optimistic.  There are signs that Congress may take a stance against this one, as there is some limited  bipartisan support to block the ATF in this case.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I hope Congress bitch slaps the ATF snd they lose all the steel core bans.

I'd love to have real surplus 7.62x39 again.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

But now it will be MORE BESTEST SELLINGEST!!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I actually think that we are the only ones keeping the economy alive. How much money has the firearm industry made since fuckhead has been in office.
View Quote

sssshush!  Once other foreign economies find out they'll all be doing it!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I hope Congress bitch slaps the ATF snd they lose all the steel core bans.

I'd love to have real surplus 7.62x39 again.
View Quote

I hope so too.  I'm wondering if the ATF thought that this ban would go largely unmentioned the way the 5.45x39 ban went.  They are now under a Congressional microscope, so hopefully we can get something to go in our favor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Why cant we just get rid of the armor piercing ban just in general?

It's fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sales slowed down and plenty of people wanted to but didn't, probably due to crazy prices. I've got tons of noobs buying mags from me, asking if Pmags will fit their new M&P-15, DPMS, and will .223 fit their new rifle or do they need 5.56, and so on.

Ammo is peak panic, but people are buying shit tons of mags all of the sudden too.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:14:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I that that shit website still has its annoying popups.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.
View Quote

That's exactly the tactic that NRA et al need to use... go on the offensive.

"Look, this ban can be construed to cover practically any sort of ammo, so it has to go!".
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please.  You are obviously a kid, or were, very recently.

The gun ban hysteria was a very ugly time to live through.  When you thumb through all those old gun magazines from the era, do you look at all those NRA inserts and wonder where the OMGWTFBBQ mindset is coming from?  The anti-gun pressure is 1/10 of what it was back then.  

There was no pro-gun legal framework or movements like concealed carry we stunningly take for granted now.   There were no pro-gun rulings from the Supreme court back then, and all it would have taken for wholesale banning of black rifles/pistols was a single 5/4 decision.

I bought my first Beretta 92 in the mid-80's as there was a very real prospect they would be banned or restricted in the Canadian sense.  That is how bad it was.

Sandy Hook was nothing like Columbine.  You were on the fringe being into black rifles before Columbine.  I bought my first AR in 1984, and they were unusual at the time.  ARs don't get a second look anymore, but they sure did in the mid-80s.

Equating open borders to an armed invasion is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Say what?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I've heard rumors that there are people out there with only one AR, but I can't confirm them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For those that haven't bought a second by now...sheesh...what's it gonna take?  Buy a case of ammo, AR thrown in for free?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Say what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Say what?

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.
View Quote
Because of the bulletproof backpack lobby marketing them after Sandy Hook.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:24:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

It already went through.  

I can't believe people are still posting stupid shit like this.  This ban is not up for debate, it's a done deal.  The only thing open for discussion at this point is the BATFE is taking comments ONLY ! on best to implement the DONE DEAL ban.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:27:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
sooooo does this mean I have to shave my beard? There is still money to be made
View Quote

I hope not.

I'm trading for a gun, granted its not a 1911 but its still more then the ammo is worth :) if I get it tonight I'm not shaving or showering the rest of week.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You think we would have learned to never take our guns fishing
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I often think this also.  Surprise surprise not even close.  NOW the libtards are taking ccw classes, even the enhanced version.  They are buying and carrying and shooting.  Every year more and more people turn 18...or 12 for hunting.  More and more people are buying 80% lowers and building more and more EBRs.  "Nothing in the Universe can stop us"  Keep 'em roll'n
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The gun ban hysteria was a very ugly time to live through.  When you thumb through all those old gun magazines from the era, do you look at all those NRA inserts and wonder where the OMGWTFBBQ mindset is coming from?  The anti-gun pressure is 1/10 of what it was back then.  

There was no pro-gun legal framework or movements like concealed carry we stunningly take for granted now.   There were no pro-gun rulings from the Supreme court back then, and all it would have taken for wholesale banning of black rifles/pistols was a single 5/4 decision.

I bought my first Beretta 92 in the mid-80's as there was a very real prospect they would be banned or restricted in the Canadian sense.  That is how bad it was.

Sandy Hook was nothing like Columbine.  You were on the fringe being into black rifles before Columbine.  I bought my first AR in 1984, and they were unusual at the time.  ARs don't get a second look anymore, but they sure did in the mid-80s.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah I would say the closest example to the AR15 back then was a SKS.

ie if you wanted a non fudd gun you bought an SKS.

I remember no one having an AR or AK at all during the whole time I was shooting with my parents in the 80-90's. no one had one and no one seemed to really want one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#37]
I hate the "Sporting purpose" argument.  It has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not true at all. I can think of a LOT of people who wanted to by an AR but were priced out. They have since bought an AR after the scare was over.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#39]
This "ban" has hit a very sensitive spot in the rifle community.  Many of us are a bit nervous to start with.  But we know that it would be really hard to get congress to pass anything, so we relax a bit.  Then wham, it's outlawed without a single law being voted on - because our King wants it so.  Then we start to realize, that other rights are just as likely to be demonstrated that they are in fact privileges to be taken away at will by the monarchy.

what other axes are still there.  EPA could rule on environmental contamination.  ATF could rule on safe storage of explosives (those shelves at the store are mighty dangerous)- or worse yet, on safe conditions to handle them in the factory.  Lots of harm and guns are still perfectly legal (and obsolete).

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote

My reaction as well. Unless "renew" means "panic buying sprees" again.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.
View Quote

So are the bans on drunk driving, but we don't see them going away, do we? wait? what?  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I had to take a guess I'd say it's quite possible that you're right and the ATF will be beaten back on this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#43]
Even if only temporarily, it is probably putting more of M855 in the hands of civilians with their move than if they had just kept their mouth shut.
So now people who might not have otherwise, are buying up M855 and whatever other 223/5.56 ammo they can get their mitts on.  And they will tend to hold onto it and not shoot it all up at once.  

Liberalism always generates the exact opposite of its stated intent.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.
View Quote

Yep.

This "but its armor piercing" business should be stopped ASAP. Just about any rifle caliber can pierce just about any armor.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:14:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep.

This "but its armor piercing" business should be stopped ASAP. Just about any rifle caliber can pierce just about any armor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.

Yep.

Give me enough shots and I can make .22 armor piercing ;)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:21:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.
View Quote

Police unions would throw a shitfit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If I had to take a guess I'd say it's quite possible that you're right and the ATF will be beaten back on this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope you guys are right! Then it'd be a good thing that I already spent all my free cash on piddling things like "food" and "shelter" instead of hoarding more 5.56!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fucking stupid.

All the more reason to get get rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

I have my stash mostly from the pre2000 Ca. buying spree/ban.   I have a few bullet button guns added as well to have some generic beater guns.

I was building 7 bullet button guns before Sandy Hook and then asked myself why.   Sold them all off and used the money to pay off one car and as money down on a 2nd.   Once it blew over I rebuilt the 2 beaters for 900 combined.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, my daughter only has one, and my wife doesn't own any (of course, we've only been married a week).  Not that that one is all that lonely in the safe...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top