BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep. Every day, hundreds of schoolchildren cross the road safely thanks to him!

Who am I kidding, I think you're awesome really. Well, you're ok. Well, you're Swedish, but you're a member here so you can't be all that bad. Plus you've turned "taking the piss out of Americans" into an artform, which pretty much makes us blood brothers

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few times I've had to point my rifle, with bayonet, against dumb tourists who think that we're not allowed to move.

The bayo usually gets the point across.

Whoa. You're a guard?

Yep. Every day, hundreds of schoolchildren cross the road safely thanks to him!

Who am I kidding, I think you're awesome really. Well, you're ok. Well, you're Swedish, but you're a member here so you can't be all that bad. Plus you've turned "taking the piss out of Americans" into an artform, which pretty much makes us blood brothers

I like you too.

No homo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Blood brothers in before the lock!

Ride the storm, bro, ride the storm!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I only get to wear a beret.

The Life Guards wear pickelhaubes though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few times I've had to point my rifle, with bayonet, against dumb tourists who think that we're not allowed to move.

Whoa. You're a guard?

Pics of Swede in fluffy hat, please.

So the regular army wishes they were part of Barbarossa, and the Guards wish they were part of the Schlieffen Plan?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa. You're a guard?

Some European uniforms look downright silly to me, and others look amazingly sharp. I saw some Brit guards (Home-something Cavalry) in  red capes and mirror-polished brass helmets, and couldn't decide which category they fell into.

The Italians almost always manage to look ridiculous.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Never back down. Never surrender. Ride out the storm. I'd have more respect for you standing by a point of view I disagree with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know what, looking back on what I said last night, that was out of line.  People should have some respect for them, myself included.  That must not be an easy job to deal with people constantly berating you and "challenging" you like some of the people in that video.

Never back down. Never surrender. Ride out the storm. I'd have more respect for you standing by a point of view I disagree with.

You's trollin.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fuck the queen and her guard.  That last guy needs his ass kicked for pointing a rifle at someone for being on a fucking fence.
View Quote

Nothing says fuck off in every language like getting a rifle pointed in your direction.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, they are.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you suppose their rifles are actually loaded?
Yes, they are.  

The last time I tried to figure out a reliable answer to this question, the best info I could find was that the rifles are NOT loaded, but at least some of the ceremonial guards  carry a pouch with a small amount of ammo. Like 6-10 rounds.

What is your source for claiming that they are loaded? Not calling bullshit on you, just curious.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HOLY SHIT!!!  You actually worked up an 87 on post 87.  I can't believe it, what are the odds?  Here is your GIF sir, you earned it!

http://i.imgur.com/xt05EC9.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck the queen and her guard.  That last guy needs his ass kicked for pointing a rifle at someone for being on a fucking fence.

HOLY SHIT!!!  You actually worked up an 87 on post 87.  I can't believe it, what are the odds?  Here is your GIF sir, you earned it!

This is one of those gifs gd will use for years to come

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some European uniforms look downright silly to me, and others look amazingly sharp. I saw some Brit guards (Home-something Cavalry) in  red capes and mirror-polished brass helmets, and couldn't decide which category they fell into.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa. You're a guard?

Pickelhaubes are awesome. You can stab people with them.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IBTL.  I think the apology by Death_Wish is the right thing to do as people post stupid shit while drinking.
View Quote
Especially here.....

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Pickelhaubes are awesome. You can stab people with them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/51479sweden_helmet.jpg
View Quote

Thankfully for all involved, there are no COC-compliant pictures of ChowderBoy wearing his helmet, but that was the first thought that came to mind

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think the guy that jumped the White House fence should be entitled to live there, with his family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the vapid, ignorant tourist shouldn't be on the fence?  Try climbing the fence at the White House or any other DC monument and see how many guns get pointed at you.

I'll never understand tourists who have nothing better to do on vacation then fuck with a ceremonial guard...while egging their mouthbreathing, short bus riding, sad excuses for children, to do likewise.  If they're Americans being shot and killed in the UK by a guard in a bearskin hat would be doing all of us back here a huge favor.

I hear you get in the front door.

I think the guy that jumped the White House fence should be entitled to live there, with his family.

I see what you did there...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

15ers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Maybe you should edit the original post...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You know what, looking back on what I said last night, that was out of line.  People should have some respect for them, myself included.  That must not be an easy job to deal with people constantly berating you and "challenging" you like some of the people in that video.

Quoted:
Fuck you
Maybe you should edit the original post...

I won't hide what I said, but did update.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:50:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Bunch of lily-livered pansies in here, with all their updating and retracting and apologising and nonsense
Did Washington apologise for choosing the wrong side during the Colonial Hissyfit of Ingratitude? No. Even if he completely should have done, he stood firm. Is this how you repay him for his terrible choices?
Jayne Cobb would NOT approve.

Edited to add: I really can't type today, lol

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:57:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Those tourists completely disgust me.  The lack of respect in today's society is fucking disgusting!  What a sad time we live in.

Laughing at the palace guard, and mocking their moves?  So cool.

I might catch hell for this, but it's just as bad at talking/laughing/mimicking The Guard at The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  Those ignorant kids (and adults) need a buttstroke to the face.  I hope some dad is really proud of his useless waste of life son/daughter.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm sure there's some etiquette or Do's and Don'ts for tourists and spectators in those places that aren't really too hard to follow. I'd do my best not to break them, people really are sort of a guest there aren't they?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:01:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm sure there's some etiquette or Do's and Don'ts for tourists and spectators in those places that aren't really too hard to follow. I'd do my best not to break them, people really are sort of a quest there aren't they.
View Quote

As a hypothetical, if I'm in a foreign country where I'm not familiar with the laws, customs, ROEs, whether the guys in ceremonial uniforms have ammo in their guns ... I tend to err on the side of not trying to piss people like that off. That's apart and in addition to just generally not being a prick as a "guest," as you say.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bunch of lily-livered pansies in here, with all their updating and retracting and apologising and nonsense

Did Washington apologise for choosing the wrong side during the Colonial Hissyfit of Ingratitude? No. Even if he completely should have done, he stood firm. Is this how you repay him for his terrible choices?

View Quote

Stealing this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

My dad once lectured me on mob psychology and weapons.  He said that a soldier could point a loaded assault rifle at a rabble rouser and the troublemaker would convince himself that the trooper won't pull the trigger.  Put cold, sharp steel on the end of the rifle and march with the bayonet pointed towards the troublemaker, and the troublemaker will move back out of the way every time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I will admit, I'm not really a fan of the principle of monarchy, divine right by birth, etc., but jeez, if you are a guest/tourist, at least observe come common courtesy and decency.  It's their country, and their traditions.

I would be righteously pissed as some asshole Euro mocking the Tomb of the Unknowns; and I would expect the Brits to  reciprocate in this case.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:17:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's stupid. A person recognizing when they are wrong and acknowledging it shows character and class. Holding on with both hands to a mistake, no matter what you have been shown to the contrary is not respectful behavior, it is blind ignorance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You's trollin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You's trollin.

Damn it. He got me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
These guys are not to be messed with.  Good fun though.

If you haven't see it before, then it is really worth watching.  Funny and informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeiW_bWZ2Is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFq-v7TKdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzn9V3ha3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTNfdPxtfek
View Quote

He gave my tour there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Here's someone who's conduct towards another nation's memorials I can certainly respect:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, aren't you the tough guy.

Never had a true position of responsibility in your life I bet --- except for those you pretend at.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:33:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Damn it. He got me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You's trollin.

Damn it. He got me.

The best bit is, I'm not

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Stealing this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stealing this.

You don't need to steal it, I've been trying to popularise its use for ages. Go forth and put it on posters, t-shirts, whatever gets the message out

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:44:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

My dad once lectured me on mob psychology and weapons.  He said that a soldier could point a loaded assault rifle at a rabble rouser and the troublemaker would convince himself that the trooper won't pull the trigger.  Put cold, sharp steel on the end of the rifle and march with the bayonet pointed towards the troublemaker, and the troublemaker will move back out of the way every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, it's a very effective psychological weapon.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No Problem.  We know it is in no way representative of our US friends.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't fix stupid..

To our U.K. brethren, sorry for people like this.

No Problem.  We know it is in no way representative of our US friends.

THANK YOU, because it's fucking embarrassing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya' know. Many of us would gladly give you most of those original colonies back.

We'll keep VA, SC, and GA. The rest should be returned to their rightful owners.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:59:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Ya' know. Many of us would gladly give you most of those original colonies back.

We'll keep VA, SC, and GA. The rest should be returned to their rightful owners.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So first you screw them up, and then you want to give them back?!

You made your bed, now sleep in it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
IBTL.  I think the apology by Death_Wish is the right thing to do as people post stupid shit while drinking.
View Quote

Pretty sure I've seen him trying other threads.

I bet he is "familiar".

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:03:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Here's another idea.. don't point a gun at someone you're not willing to shoot

If he had shot someone for "being on a fence" (not even the kind of fence meant to secure an area, just a "for show" fence that only goes up to about mid thigh).. he'd be in prison right now

Or maybe not.. maybe the thin blue line fat clown shoes would've protected him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's an idea, hear me out on this one....

Maybe don't fuck with the Queen's guard, and you won't get a gun pointed at you.

I donno, maybe I'm just crazy.

If he had shot someone for "being on a fence" (not even the kind of fence meant to secure an area, just a "for show" fence that only goes up to about mid thigh).. he'd be in prison right now

Ever been to the UK; Buckingham Palace?
Don't climb the fence (it's not for show, but for protection).
Obey the orders of the Guards.
Don't be a dick.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:04:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What is with the slipping and falling down? It looks like they have rollers on the bottoms of their shoes or they're on ice.

As for the hecklers, it's almost embarrassing how people behave. If in some of those situations that had been my kid (s)he would have gotten a good pop on the back of the head.
View Quote

If they're wearing ammo boots, they'll have hobnails.  Hobnails on concrete is like walking on greased ice
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If you haven't see it before, then it is really worth watching.  Funny and informative.

View Quote

I loved talking to the Beefeaters. All retired military men, real Salt of the Earth guys.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't screw them up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:30:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
never understood the obsession with taunting those guys. They should be allowed to brain dumb asses who get to close. Show some level of respect dumb asses.
View Quote

It is nice to see a few remaining places where respect is deserved and if it is not maintained then it will be taught.

There is honor and symbolism in what these guys are doing and to shit on it should absolutely deserve an ass beating.  

Wish it would happen here more often given the low class lawsuit happy trash that has evolved over the past few decades.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Those tourists need to understand they are guests.

On the other hand...damn. Fences are serious business. Lol
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Laughing so fucking hard right now.

In all my time here I have yet to see that one...
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I didn't screw them up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't screw them up.

North Carolina respectfully submits that she should be allowed to stay pending construction of a huge ass fence around Cary and Chapel Hill.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Maybe the vapid, ignorant tourist shouldn't be on the fence?  Try climbing the fence at the White House or any other DC monument and see how many guns get pointed at you.

I'll never understand tourists who have nothing better to do on vacation then fuck with a ceremonial guard...while egging their mouthbreathing, short bus riding, sad excuses for children, to do likewise.  If they're Americans being shot and killed in the UK by a guard in a bearskin hat would be doing all of us back here a huge favor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
I love these vids.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The best bit is, I'm not

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You's trollin.

Damn it. He got me.

The best bit is, I'm not

In that case, I stand by my original statement.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The best bit is, I'm not

I'm liking you more already

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, the guy climbing the fence needed his ass kicked. The guards are there to guard, '15er.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:25:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe don't fuck with the Queen's guard, and you won't get a gun pointed at you.

Digging it deeper and deeper.    

I don't know but I'm impressed by how hard he is trying to out the 13  the 13'rs and 14'rs.  For the rest. Not too impressed.

Any bets on how long it takes him to fall afoul of the CoC or complain about how misunderstood he is.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I don't know but I'm impressed by how hard he is trying to out the 13  the 13'rs and 14'rs.  For the rest. Not too impressed.

Any bets on how long it takes him to fall afoul of the CoC or complain about how misunderstood he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet he is familiar.

He was apologizing earlier this morning saying he was drunk posting.

Paging NorCal...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top