BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found out that if I imagine them talking to me about there interest there is no longer a lust issue.
View Quote

TRUTH!

"So what shall we talk about? Gum? The Kardashians? Your FaceBook account?"
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:21:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

TRUTH!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found out that if I imagine them talking to me about there interest there is no longer a lust issue.

TRUTH!

"Well, Cindy was just saying how her 1911 is having trouble feeding HPs so I was all like 'gurllll, you gotta polish that feed ramp'. Why what did you want to talk about, Kifaru bags?"

eta: yes, Satan sent me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's so hard to resist the temptation of lust and looking at women in a sexual manner. As a Chisrian, I'm trying to resist temptation which leads to sin but it's especially tough being single
View Quote

No struggling here. I give in. I ain't scurred.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
LUST IS THE BEAST WITHIN YOU!

http://youtu.be/uBXc2-8V_3I
View Quote

and he wants to put his beast within the boys.  

Yep that video pretty much sums it up.  

Be a good person, treat beauty with respect and kindness but nothing says you have to ignore the beauty before you.  Same goes to the ladies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

TRUTH!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH!

See, that's why any woman who's spent a little time around men, knows you don't talk to them about your interests; you listen, raptly attentive, while they talk about theirs.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

See, that's why any woman who's spent a little time around men, knows you don't talk to them about your interests; you listen, raptly attentive, while they talk about theirs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH!

You learn all sorts of useful things that way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Christian here, and I feel sexual desires and temptations have always been one of my greatest vices.

Like you, most of us would prefer to tone it down to the point we can have a guilt free sexual relationship with our wives.

It is not my conscious will to have such urges, but it is the will of my biology.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The BOTD forum is very popular...that ought to answer your question.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 11:52:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's so hard to resist the temptation of lust and looking at women in a sexual manner. As a Chisrian, I'm trying to resist temptation which leads to sin but it's especially tough being single
View Quote

it's natural to have sex.. do yourself a favor and get laid, look at women, jerk off... you won't go to hell, jesus has bigger things to worry about... even he got laid
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#10]
A psychologist would have a fucking heyday in this thread.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH!

That too.  And some the useful things you learn can be useful in more than one way.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A psychologist would have a fucking heyday in this thread.
View Quote

Oh, yes.  There are several doctoral dissertations in abnormal psych just going begging in GD.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All sin is selfishness.  Lust is selfishness.  You are confusing realization with lust.  Lust is the process of focussing on another person and seeing that person only as a sexual object.  Seeing a pretty girl and realizing she is pretty is not lust.

All men are tempted.  Being tempted is not a sin.  Acting upon temptation  is a sin.

Jesus was condemning the holier-than-though Jewish leaders who would never touch a woman other than their wives but would lust in their hearts for other.  He was calling them out as adulterers because their thoughts were unclean.  They could not hide behind their strict obedience to the law.

But it also applies to all men.  I can watch a show such as the Oscars and notice that some of the women are dressed quite alluringly.  But unless I begin some fantasy about fucking them I haven't crossed the line any more than if I see Daniel Craig and hate his guts for looking that damn good in a suit.  But I am not lusting for Daniel Craig.  But hating him for his looks is a sin.  It is among many things, the sin that is a lack of appreciation for the looks that God as given us.

You can also lust for imagined women.  If you are flogging your dog to thoughts of some real woman, that is bad.  Masturbation is bad because it detaches sex from love.  It also raises the bar for sexual satisfaction to a point where good old marital momma-screaming sex isn't enough.

You need to get a grasp on what is temptation and what is not.
View Quote

This post nails it (no pun intended).

As men we are biologically programmed for seeking sex. Women are too but not at the level we are. Men in the Bible had multiple wives for a reason and not just to make babies. Its something as men that we have to live with and accept. I still struggle with it and I know exactly when I've crossed the line, and thats when I go from thinking "wow she looks pretty good" to imagining how I'd smash that. Its simply a matter of not dwelling on the idea and letting it go from there, but it is difficult especially if you're single. I'm lucky that my wife always goes along with my needs. Every so often she initiates but I never get denied. It also helps that I make sure she always gets hers too (most men dont comprehend that vital fact).
Dont go rushing into marriage unless you're sure a woman understands that sex is normal and healthy and expected throughout the marriage. if not, RUN!!! We've been togather almost 10yrs and we dont resemble the old wedding cake joke at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

We'd be so boring as a couple. You'd be sitting, listening, raptly attentive, while I'd also be sitting, pretending to be listening, pretending to be raptly attentive while actually thinking about completely different stuff. We'd never actually talk!

I prefer a woman who will take the initiative to talk to me about the stuff that matters to them, the stuff they care about, the stuff that affects their everyday lives. As long as I don't actually have to pay attention, it's all good.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Been struggling with Miesha Tate lust as of late. Constant stuggle, but a healthy one.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We'd be so boring as a couple. You'd be sitting, listening, raptly attentive, while I'd also be sitting, pretending to be listening, pretending to be raptly attentive while actually thinking about completely different stuff. We'd never actually talk!

I prefer a woman who will take the initiative to talk to me about the stuff that matters to them, the stuff they care about, the stuff that affects their everyday lives. As long as I don't actually have to pay attention, it's all good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH!

Totally incorrect.

My wife and I are of similar age. We remember the same programs, politics, history, etc. from our lives, and as such can have very intelligent conversations on a variety of topics of interest to both of us.

There is absolutely nothing of interest that any average hot 20-something girl could cough up right now that would interest me. My wife says the same thing about the average 20-something male.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's OK.  All you do is gripe, bitch, piss, moan, and complain about women anyway.  That's tops on the short list of things I don't enjoy listening to men talk about.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Totally incorrect.

My wife and I are of similar age. We remember the same programs, politics, history, etc. from our lives, and as such can have very intelligent conversations on a variety of topics of interest to both of us.

There is absolutely nothing of interest that any average hot 20-something girl could cough up right now that would interest me. My wife says the same thing about the average 20-something male.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH!

Totally incorrect.

Totally incorrect in what way?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That's OK.  All you do is gripe, bitch, piss, moan, and complain about women anyway.  That's tops on the short list of things I don't enjoy listening to men talk about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But if I didn't have that, I'd have to get a hobby or something so I could have something to talk about.

See, I knew women just didn't understand me

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:42:10 PM EDT
[#21]
IN! Also why isn't this in religion?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRUTH!

Totally incorrect.

Your assumption of what I meant in my original answer. It was a statement of age gap, not gender equality.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

But if I didn't have that, I'd have to get a hobby or something so I could have something to talk about.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I do understand you. That would be our problem.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you believe in God's word, the bible, it's absolutely a sin:

Matthew 5:28 But I say to you, That whoever looks on a woman to lust after her has committed adultery with her already in his heart.

We are sinners in the flesh but we are, as faithful Christians, called to repentance and to turn away from further sin.
View Quote

When a beautiful woman walks by is one of my favorite times to not care what's in the Bible.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Every Christian. Being a Christian means you admit that you can't do it. You need Jesus.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:56:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm one lustful son of a bitch
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Is being horny for your wife considered lust?

Just asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:07:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Glad I don't have to deal with this imagined problem.

I just enjoy sex with gifts God gave me.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That depends, has your "friend" asked jesus for forgiveness?

Quoted:

Like women?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
But you are married and part of marriage is a great sex life. I'm waiting for a wife but it's hard as hell to be patient.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who struggles, I get horny, my wife drops what she is doing and we go at it.

But you are married and part of marriage is a great sex life. I'm waiting for a wife but it's hard as hell to be patient.
Have you considered employing the services of a hooker?  

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Your assumption of what I meant in my original answer. It was a statement of age gap, not gender equality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Totally incorrect.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

forgiveness for desiring his own wife? Jesus is weird.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I can resist anything but temptation, so I probably can't be much help.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally incorrect.

Since there was no mention of age in this exchange prior to the post of yours quoted above and since the topic of your exchange with the other guy was lust, I assumed you were heterosexual and this was about women.  My apologies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know what else is weird? Women.

Have you ever noticed the humps throughout their body? It's hard for me to concentrate on spreading the word of jesus when you have all these harlets walking around with their boobs and butts.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#36]
In going to hell
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've found the best cure for lust is to walk up and talk to her.
View Quote

yup, and find out within 10 seconds she's a complete retard.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:28:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Does anyone else find it ironic that the people who accuse atheists of "pretending not to believe in god so you can sin" are admitting in this thread that a big perk of christianity is that you can sin?

View Quote

That's not my understanding of it at all, and in fact labored under that belief for many years wondering what in the heck i was doing wrong.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#39]
in for the clusterfuck
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:30:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That isn't lust.    

Looking at nice car or gun is not lust.    Deciding to work hard to have nice things, including women is not lust.

If you can look at it, say that's sweet, and walk on while giving thanks for what you have, that isn't lust.  

Sin is harmful to man.   When you have lust in your heart, it is like an alcoholic or druggie, but worse.    They can turn their back on their problem and never have an issue again.   Such is not the case with lust, especially lusting after a neighbors ass.   (Sounds funny, but either way, it works and is about the same.)

Wanting to have sex with someone or being otherwise stimulated by a person is not lust.   Having a glass of whine for most people is not an act of alcoholism.   It is difficult to identify alcoholic in many cases.    But, a man knows what is in his heart.   The same is true of lust.  

IF a person truly struggles with lust, usually of other humans, but not necessarily, that person needs help and support.   Unfortunately, most people do not know what it is nor understand how destructive it can be.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Like women?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like women?

Yep, there's just too many of them all home alone without a man to keep them company.  

With all the pussification, gays, non-sexuals, religious types, basement dwellers and guys who think vaginas are icky.

It falls on the rest of us have to keep these ladies satisfied, it's a full time job.  

Not that I'm complaining.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

(no words even needed! I feel like we've bonded already )

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yep, there's just too many of them all home alone without a man to keep them company.  

With all the pussification, gays, non-sexuals, religious types, basement dwellers and guys who think vaginas are icky.

It falls on the rest of us have to keep these ladies satisfied, it's a full time job.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like women?

It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:47:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Christian here, and I feel sexual desires and temptations have always been one of my greatest vices.
Like you, most of us would prefer to tone it down to the point we can have a guilt free sexual relationship with our wives.
It is not my conscious will to have such urges, but it is the will of my biology.
View Quote

Christian or mormom?

Don't taze me, bro
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:52:18 PM EDT
[#45]
For real chuckles, go to "the marriage bed" forums.  It's hilarious to see all the posts from guilty feelings caused by lusting over one's spouse or spouse-to-be.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Since there was no mention of age in this exchange prior to the post of yours quoted above and since the topic of your exchange with the other guy was lust, I assumed you were heterosexual and this was about women.  My apologies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally incorrect.

I am heterosexual, and my point applies.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:44:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who struggles, I get horny, my wife drops what she is doing and we go at it.

.... So don't be?  Sex is great.  One other tip, the drunker you are the easier it is to pick a partner.  Go forth and be fruitful.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally incorrect.

Well, OK, but if you're talking about women and your point applies to age rather than gender, and if you want people to know your point applies to age, it would be helpful if somewhere in your diatribe, you mentioned age.  Don't you think?

In any case, the topic being the role of conversation as an antidote to lust,  your meaning still is obscure.  Are you saying that you would never look upon a woman older than twenty-something with a lustful eye? Or that you assume any woman for whom you would feel lust would be too stupid to engage in meaningful conversation.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:13:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm sure that God would send me to hell for my sexual preferences, activities, and experiences.

I live a good life, don't do wrong to others, and try and help out my fellow people when I can. If an entity wants me to suffer for all eternity because I enjoy consensual sex with both genders then fuck that entity.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top