[#3]

Quoted:

For discussions sake, The Marine is 5'10" and 180#
Poll coming
View Quote
Standing- Marine....Ground- Rhonda

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#4]
unless said boot has some previous training, MCMAP will get his ass kicked quick.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:15:54 AM EDT
[#5]
How bout.  19 yo carpenter ?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
When I went through my tan belt MCMAP course I think all I was showed was throwing a punch, maybe a shin kick, some break falls, and how to do a barrel roll from a jog.... There is a reason a lot of Marines call it MCCRAP.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, if it was a LCPL, Rhonda would lose AND be 6 months pregnant after a 2 minute fight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:18:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Rousey, but it takes the mortician a week to get the smile off the Marine's face, so in a way, the Marine won too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, if it was a LCPL, Rhonda would lose AND be 6 months pregnant after a 2 minute fight.
View Quote

Yes!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:18:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Rousey.  Boot camps are turning out professional MMA fighters, or boxers?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Rhonda wins.

As our drill instructors told us, "When you're back home on your 10-day leave, don't walk into a bar and think you're tougher than everyone there. You know exactly enough about unarmed combat to get your a** kicked."
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Unless the Marine has some decent past MMA training.....he has no chance.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poll coming

Are either on a treadmill?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:35:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rhonda wins.

As our drill instructors told us, "When you're back home on your 10-day leave, don't walk into a bar and think you're tougher than everyone there. You know exactly enough about unarmed combat to get your a** kicked."
View Quote

haha, we got told a similar thing at Army Basic Training.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#16]
In the scenario, did the Marine already purchase a 2015 Mustang GT at 17% interest upon completion of boot camp?

Standing by to answer based on further info.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:46:43 AM EDT
[#18]

LOL
Only chance he has is a wild punch
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread needs pics...
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Fucking stupid, some tan belt scrawny boot vs a professional fighter?

Marine's commercials aren't that good.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#21]
It wouldn't even be close.   About 10 years ago I sparred (hard) with an army ranger several times a week.   He had about 20-30lbs on me and was stronger than me in terms of your big three lifts.  I dominated him every time we sparred.  That being said he was a good guy and he was definitely tough.   He could probably take a beating better than me but he just didn't have the tools to be as effective as me.

I was a bjj blue belt with some standup experience (muay thai, jkd).  To be clear this was not grappling and this wasn't at a martial arts school.  This was me and him with one of our mutual friends at a military base field house sparring with less rules than current mma just no eye gouging and no nut shots everything else went but there was a mutual understanding if one of us went dirty the other would go dirty.  W never pulled hair or stuff like that out of respect not the rules.

My point is Ronda would be much more skilled than I was.  The marine would have a punchers chance Rhonda wins that fight 9 outta 10 times easily. The 10th time she gets ktfo.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Mousey would take it
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:56:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When I went through my tan belt MCMAP course I think all I was showed was throwing a punch, maybe a shin kick, some break falls, and how to do a barrel roll from a jog.... There is a reason a lot of Marines call it MCCRAP.
View Quote

It may as well have been rolling around in rubber chips for an hour at a time, same training value.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#24]
The Marine would beat her in about a minute. MMA folks train to play a game with rules, Marines train to kill people.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:57:23 AM EDT
[#25]
any 19 year old would be thinking about humping that poontang, and nothing else.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:57:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Poll POLE coming
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#27]
what does being a Marine have to do with anything?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#28]
If I remember correctly they are learning upto grey belt now, and if infantry they're green before they leave ITB.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Some of you have grave misperceptions of what USMC boot camp actually entails.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If I remember correctly they are learning upto grey belt now, and if infantry they're green before they leave ITB.
View Quote

MCMAP is for promotions, not for fighting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#32]
She better not give him her back as she would get some surprises buttsexxes
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some of you have grave misperceptions of what USMC boot camp actually entails.
View Quote

It's where Marines learn to kill people in 200 different ways without a weapon.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Your giving a lot of credit against someone that practices fighting every day of the week, all year long.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a great idea, never fully implemented as Gen Jones intended.  

If done as it was planned  MCMAP would have been combined in a CrossFit like training plan and it would be everyday PT; similar to how the ROK Marines do their PT
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Marine would beat her in about a minute. MMA folks train to play a game with rules, Marines train to kill people.
View Quote

All my marine buddies would likely say otherwise. Maybe they are trained to kill with their weapons, but they are trained to survive in hand to hand combat. Not enough time to train your everyday recruit how to fight properly. I have zero mma training, but my buddy fresh out of training (marine 20 yrs old) was very angry when he couldn't submit me or do even get on top. Weight, strength, and a good sense of balance can carry you a long way.

Marines are tough dudes no doubt, but way too many factors play into this equation to just say one would beat the other.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If done as it was planned  MCMAP would have been combined in a CrossFit like training plan and it would be everyday PT; similar to how the ROK Marines do their PT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put her up against a ROK Marine and make sure there is a body bag her size.  They beat the living shit out of each other for fun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The idea was great, the implementation was just... awful.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:14:36 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm sad for the people in this thread who don't live in reality and think a few weeks of training somehow makes a person a better fighter against a person with 20 years experience.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:15:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Either way his thing goes, both sides lose.

Either the USMC becomes a laughingstock or the spectacle of a man beating a woman unconscious on television shocks the general public so much that they call for the abolishment of both MMA and the Marine Corps.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:15:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

All my marine buddies would likely say otherwise. Maybe they are trained to kill with their weapons, but they are trained to survive in hand to hand combat. Not enough time to train your everyday recruit how to fight properly. I have zero mma training, but my buddy fresh out of training (marine 20 yrs old) was very angry when he couldn't submit me or do even get on top. Weight, strength, and a good sense of balance can carry you a long way.

Marines are tough dudes no doubt, but way too many factors play into this equation to just say one would beat the other.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was meant to instill the following capability, per then-Cpl. Clifford Wooldridge's Navy citation "He overwhelmed the enemy fighter in hand-to-hand combat, killing him with several blows to the head with the enemy's own machine gun. "

Hence why the all weapons, to include improvised, emphasis during MCMAP; the problem is we just don't have the 2-3 hours per day just to do the training.  When you go to MACE the training is considerably better than you get in the fleet but than again they do hour after hour, day after day.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

LOL.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Her legs would pop his head like a zit

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#44]
I think she would have him on the ground before he even thought it started.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#45]

Hey what is that worthless burnout pothead doing in the background?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is true. But these fighters are trained to not fight to kill. They are trained to put on a show and have a lasting professional career. They are trained to aviod or not use methods of efficiently taking down and killing each other. That is not what MMA is about. It is a sport. They are great atheletes and if you fight by their rules they would win. But that is also a weakness. They are trained to fight under strict rules that aviod killing or even really hurting each other badly.

the person who breaks the first arm or gouges an eye or something would most likely win. that could well be the MMA person, but they are not trained to be brutal. the marine would go in accepting he might lose the use of an arm or eye. A MMA fighter would not. They are not trained for that. So even should the marine take the first bad wound, he would be mentally more apt to cope quickly and think strategically.

I always put my money on the most brutal person in a real fight.

but this is like a marine in kill mode Verses a andriod version of Miss.Rousey. I have no doubt that most human beings marine or no would happy with a crotch to face take down.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm sad for the people in this thread who don't live in reality and think a few weeks of training somehow makes a person a better fighter against a person with 20 years experience.
View Quote

She is 28. I don't think she has 20 years of fighting experience. She grew up in my town, her dad had a mortal disease and killed himself a couple miles from my house. Her mother started training her in Judo at around 11 since there is not much around here for martial arts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Unless the Marine has some decent past MMA training.....he has no chance.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:32:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

She is 28. I don't think she has 20 years of fighting experience. She grew up in my town, her dad had a mortal disease and killed himself a couple miles from my house. Her mother started training her in Judo at around 11 since there is not much around here for martial arts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everybody is sorry.  She only has 17 years against some kids couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That is true. But these fighters are trained to not fight to kill. They are trained to put on a show and have a lasting professional career. They are trained to aviod or not use methods of efficiently taking down and killing each other. That is not what MMA is about. It is a sport. They are great atheletes and if you fight by their rules they would win. But that is also a weakness. They are trained to fight under strict rules that aviod killing or even really hurting each other badly.

the person who breaks the first arm or gouges an eye or something would most likely win. that could well be the MMA person, but they are not trained to be brutal. the marine would go in accepting he might lose the use of an arm or eye. A MMA fighter would not. They are not trained for that. So even should the marine take the first bad wound, he would be mentally more apt to cope quickly and think strategically.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So after she broke his arm the Marine would go on to win
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top