BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tula is only good for function testing at the "weak" end of chamber and port pressure. I keep a few boxes laying around for that purpose. Buying it by the case seems silly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A site had over 99,000 rounds of Tula 223. Was gone within an hour.

Tula is only good for function testing at the "weak" end of chamber and port pressure. I keep a few boxes laying around for that purpose. Buying it by the case seems silly.

funny- that's exactly what I use it for too
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The reason why they had ZQI left was because ZQI sent them all their entire inventory.  Once those runs out there will be no more zqi 62gr coming.   Walmarts usually will only get a few boxes of zqi, they have been reporting over a hundred boxes received... so this is their last wave.

Snag what you can now because there isn't going to be more coming unless if zqi still has freight on the roads or unless if you call zqi directly and have them air freight you in an entire pallet (they will do this).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I stopped by walmart on the way to the office this morning and snagged some of that ZQI SS109.  Not wanting to neckbeard all the things, I only bought half of what they had on the shelf.  Should I go back and buy the rest?  I'm only sitting on about 500 rounds of 62gr.

The reason why they had ZQI left was because ZQI sent them all their entire inventory.  Once those runs out there will be no more zqi 62gr coming.   Walmarts usually will only get a few boxes of zqi, they have been reporting over a hundred boxes received... so this is their last wave.

Snag what you can now because there isn't going to be more coming unless if zqi still has freight on the roads or unless if you call zqi directly and have them air freight you in an entire pallet (they will do this).

I went back...bought 24 boxes total.  I didn't participate in the last panic so I might as well go full retard on this one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This bullshit is adding to the panic Fox News
View Quote

All 5.56/223  but match stuff is gone at my local 3 Wal Marts already

I saw a 420 round can of 55grn stuff for $190 last night and said Fck that lol. Its gone now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well OP, I can't shoot my .22 LR rifles because of the .22 LR ammo panic.

I can't shoot my ak-74 rifle because of the 7N6 being banned and that panic.

Now I won't be able to shoot my ar-15 because all of the .223/5.56 is going to get neckbearded or the price raised horribly high..

I guess I will have to shoot my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun if I can find some bbs around here somewhere - at least until the bb gun panic starts.

Then, maybe a crossbow?

Then, after the arrow panic starts, maybe a slingshot?

So, do you REALLY think the anti-gunners are not winning?
View Quote

Obama smiles while reading this post.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
762x39 gone too?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:19:04 AM EDT
[#6]
You know what spreads the panic worse than anything?  Arfom GD.  We do.  We do it ever effing time.  

Maybe the mods should create a separate panic forum.

There are SIX 223 threads on the first page of GD.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Some schmoe in AR Discussion posted that be bought 1000 rounds of .223 Hollow Points because of the pending .223/5.56 ban
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:23:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No.Plenty of ammo at my local stores.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:27:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That is a dumb article.  Any idiot who reads that would think all of it is getting banned
View Quote

I'm 43. My dad, 65, emailed me last night asking what I knew about Obama banning 5.56/223 ammo.

He said he heard about it on a farming forum.
According to the experts there, Obama is banning ALL full metal jacket 5.56/223 ammo because it is all the same.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like a proof load to make sure your gun will run on the weakest, shittiest ammo on the planet.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:34:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

6 weeks? The panic has just begun in the general public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit will be dirt cheap again in 6 weeks. ATF isn't banning anything, too much shitstorm now. And even if they did, 193 will just flood the market in 855's place.

Everyone blowing their load on ammo, should be some cheap parts sales coming up real soon :) I have a few projects to complete!!

6 weeks? The panic has just begun in the general public.

That's what they said about 22LR. Haven't seen any in two years at WalMart.
What's sad is this is going to affect gun ranges and shooting classes.
People are not going to shoot if they can't replace what was shot for a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
762x39 gone too?
View Quote

Its been gone for months in my area.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:37:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Neckbeard Neckbeard watcha gonna doo? Gonna sell mighty pricey ammo to you.
The neckbeards and the antis are working together hand in hand to keep shooting out of the public's hands.  The neckbeards are probably in deepest denial about it. The antis know what's going on and probably couldn't be happier with their new found friends if they would speak candidly about it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of steel cased that I'm going to sell at normal price.  Finally have an opportunity to get rid of it.
View Quote

Back during the last panic I had 5 cases of Wolf.  I had huge problems with it getting stuck in the chamber and was able to dump off all of my stash for a profit, rather than a loss.  

I still need to do an inventory of my green tip.  It sucks that I have about 50 mags loaded with it.  I hope the masses will buy loose rounds.  If I put them in an ammo can, I think I will have a winner!

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 12:27:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well OP, I can't shoot my .22 LR rifles because of the .22 LR ammo panic.

I can't shoot my ak-74 rifle because of the 7N6 being banned and that panic.

Now I won't be able to shoot my ar-15 because all of the .223/5.56 is going to get neckbearded or the price raised horribly high..

I guess I will have to shoot my Daisy Red Ryder BB gun if I can find some bbs around here somewhere - at least until the bb gun panic starts.

Then, maybe a crossbow?

Then, after the arrow panic starts, maybe a slingshot?

So, do you REALLY think the anti-gunners are not winning?

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not 100% sure why barfcommers are calling people buying ammo today things like "idiots" and "ignorant". It IS the common opinion here in the GD that the way the ATF letter is written that they clearly intend to ban other 556 ammo in the future. That's why they de-coupled what the core is made of from the argument. It's now a non-factor. ALL that matters is that it can penetrate a soft vest and can be fired from a semi-auto pistol. That's it. That's the GD group think....and yet when the general population acts on that opinion, the GD piles on them....calling clean shaven people "neck beards" and talking shit about them. They may not know the nuance of what is going on, but they clearly "get it" that it's part of a long term conspiracy to enact gun control via ammo control....and they are stocking up. SO??!?! For a bunch of people that supposedly love freedom, there is a shitload of people NOT minding their own business up in here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm not 100% sure why barfcommers are calling people buying ammo today things like "idiots" and "ignorant". It IS the common opinion here in the GD that the way the ATF letter is written that they clearly intend to ban other 556 ammo in the future. That's why they de-coupled what the core is made of from the argument. It's now a non-factor. ALL that matters is that it can penetrate a soft vest and can be fired from a semi-auto pistol. That's it. That's the GD group think....and yet when the general population acts on that opinion, the GD piles on them....calling clean shaven people "neck beards" and talking shit about them. They may not know the nuance of what is going on, but they clearly "get it" that it's part of a long term conspiracy to enact gun control via ammo control....and they are stocking up. SO??!?! For a bunch of people that supposedly love freedom, there is a shitload of people NOT minding their own business up in here.
View Quote

I can only imagine how the gun show will go tomorrow.  I'll hit the reloading tables first
thing for sure.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder how much green paint has been sold this week?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Still in the Wally World stores out in SWPA, M855 and American Eagle 55 gr FMJ.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#20]
i checked three walmarts this morning.

#1 had no zqi..... but they did have aluminum 9mm, and a 100 round box of remington bulk 9mm hp.... which is my favorite defense ammo, maybe not the best, but awesome price for 100 rounds of decent hp ammo........ i bought 600 aluminum and the 100 rd hp. ....................................guy said he found 2-3 1000 round cases of green tip in the back, buried under some stuff, covered in dust... didnt even know he had........... i told him he should put it out... probably sell fast next few days.

#2...... they had a stack of zqi 556 ammo that was huge... .. they said they just unpacked 3 cases of ammo..... and they had about 150- boxes of zqi stuffed in various places..... i walked up... and the guy was joking about where they would put it all..... he jokingly asked me..." you looking for some zqi?   why yes i am.... ill take 65 boxes.
sporting goods guy.................................. they packed it up and i paid.    

#3........ some random 556...... tula 556   about a hundred boxes....  and about 20 boxes of that damn 9mm hp bulk i usually never see, except maybe one at a time. oh, well.. maybe next time.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Palmetto State Armory...or PSA raised their price on 1K boxes of Federal by $50 overnight.....L O F'n L...

I feel sorry for those buying right now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's like a proof load to make sure your gun will run on the weakest, shittiest ammo on the planet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, I used it to test my AR pistol. It has an adjustable gas block. I needed to find the weakest ammo possible to make it function very reliably by cranking on the adjustment until it would just barely lock back the bolt reliably on the wolf.
Also, it is great for plinking at paper and testing malfunctions. I get more malfunctions with it. That's a good thing as I am never expecting them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:02:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree. Personally I love to see the ammo shelves empty. Means it's in the hands of civilians where it should be.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:Personally I love to see the ammo shelves empty. Means it's in the hands of civilians where it should be.
View Quote

Empty ammo shelves is more of an indicator of the government being  fuky. I don't like seeing it at all.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree. Personally I love to see the ammo shelves empty. Means it's in the hands of civilians where it should be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and the good part is when the ammo selves are all empty, and they will be by next weekend, they will turn to buying more guns.

LMAO!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#26]
At Cabela's right now and people are grabbing up 556 at a "sale" price of $8.99/20 rds. I think cabelas removed green tip from the shelves. Pretty shitty.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#27]
My local WM had about (14) 150-round boxes of American Eagle 855 over the noon hour.  I may be a neckbeard - I bought three or isn't that enough to qualify?  

I never understood why they priced this stuff so high, it's practically at the gouging price and has been since it started showing up!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#28]
remind me again, neckbearding is buying ammo someone else might want, just because you got there first, right?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:12:04 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought it was buying because it's there and you normally wouldn't OR for the sole purpose of resale.  It could also be clearing the place out too.

I'm not sure but I'm planning to hold onto it - while not a great price I figure it isn't going to get cheaper anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
At Cabela's right now and people are grabbing up 556 at a "sale" price of $8.99/20 rds. I think cabelas removed green tip from the shelves. Pretty shitty.
View Quote

I seen maybe five sleeves of xtac yesterday.  Picked up one for shits
and giggles.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:23:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

remind me again, neckbearding is buying ammo someone else might want, just because you got there first, right?
View Quote
Yes

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Still in the Wally World stores out in SWPA, M855 and American Eagle 55 gr FMJ.
View Quote

It won't be there long.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Palmetto State Armory...or PSA raised their price on 1K boxes of Federal by $50 overnight.....L O F'n L...

View Quote
If  they found stock, and have  shipment, you don't need to  "feel sorry" .

Price is  irrelevant when supply becomes zero.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
and the good part is when the ammo selves are all empty, and they will be by next weekend, they will turn to buying more guns.

LMAO!
View Quote

I may have seen that today at my Walmart.  A Sig that has been there a while was being sold.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#35]
I have no idea what the quality is like on this stuff but it is still $.37/$.38 per round delivered.
Thats not too bad right now, if it is any good.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/independence-5-56-55gr-20rds-ammunition-xm193i-need-picture.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I have NO idea when I bought it but I just took a peek at my ammo stash and found 4 420 round cans of LC 855.  I have no idea where it came from.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:07:40 PM EDT
[#37]
I picked up 450 rounds of ZQ1 SS109 at a Wally World on my way home, wasn't going to but a national radio show was talking about it in a vague
way that made it sound like "AR15" ammo was about to get banned. I had to wait for a manager to get a key to let the guy in and get it, he said
there were about another 15 boxes.... maybe I'll go back and get it tonight if I feel like it.....

*** still haven't seen a Federal .22lr 550 round pack on a store shelf in MANY years.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:08:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Both walmarts are stripped of all 223/556 here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"They" might have provided good advice because today the ban actually got some national "news" coverage and that WILL send the common fudd gunners out to Cabelas/Bass Pro looking for all things 5.56.  Whether this is a "legit" panic scenario matters not since the outcome will be the same.  The average gun owner does not get their news through arfcom; they get it two weeks later from Fox News...and that's when the suckers start the real panic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They said the same horseshit here a few weeks ago.

"They" might have provided good advice because today the ban actually got some national "news" coverage and that WILL send the common fudd gunners out to Cabelas/Bass Pro looking for all things 5.56.  Whether this is a "legit" panic scenario matters not since the outcome will be the same.  The average gun owner does not get their news through arfcom; they get it two weeks later from Fox News...and that's when the suckers start the real panic.

Yup, those who jumped on this when it broke 2 weeks ago have (likley) already received purchases from all vendors.
Now the masses have begun to stampede.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Now the masses have begun to stampede.
View Quote

sadly they are likely to find slim pickins @ retail.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:32:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Hit up my local Walmart today. Just looked around. Didn`t buy anything.

Plenty of everything. ZQI, and plenty of regular .223 lead core.

Looks like folks around these parts are sitting on the fence.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neckbearding originally meant those buying up all the ammo so they could sell it at higher prices on places like EE and GB

The term is being slung on ANYONE now who is purchasing ammo- even those just adding to their personal stash. If youve bought more than 100 rounds in the last 2 weeks you are now considered one by many GD'ers.
The butthurt is strong
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:43:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

If your talking about this federal they raised it $40 since yesterday when I bought it.
Federal XM193BK 5.56 1000rd Casesku 63371$359.99
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have NO idea when I bought it but I just took a peek at my ammo stash and found 4 420 round cans of LC 855.  I have no idea where it came from.
View Quote

Wish I had that problem. I'm a CA escapee and where I lived M885 was not allowed at any of the ranges due to fire danger so I always passed it up in favor of XM193.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:05:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Sadly, it's not just dumb people. I have a buddy here who is a pretty successful attorney, intelligent guy, into guns, owns ARs ... and even he called me the other day to have me explain what this is all about. He wasn't panicked, but did not clearly understand what was being proposed and how.

So, I can understand how enormous numbers of people would overreact.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like the panic is spreading because people are uninformed fucken dumb sheep and the media machine isn't helping.

Sadly, it's not just dumb people. I have a buddy here who is a pretty successful attorney, intelligent guy, into guns, owns ARs ... and even he called me the other day to have me explain what this is all about. He wasn't panicked, but did not clearly understand what was being proposed and how.

So, I can understand how enormous numbers of people would overreact.

It's a virtue of "news" sources (social media) which end up having the information transfer accuracy of an extended game of telephone.

My brother (who isn't really into guns) texted me today asking why Obama was banning all .223/5.56.

For a large section of the population, internet use rarely goes beyond like minded echo chambers and the stupidity spreads.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
If your talking about this federal they raised it $40 since yesterday when I bought it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit.  Wish I saw that yesterday. I bought the 1k for 400...still, i'm sure it will continue to go up and be out of stock for awhile...

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
yeah, it'll be gone again soon.

The only real positive is that it will be distributed all across the country in private hands and not in company warehouses that can get shutdown by regulators.
View Quote

I like the way that phatmax thinks.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Neckbearding originally meant those buying up all the ammo so they could sell it at higher prices on places like EE and GB

The term is being slung on ANYONE now who is purchasing ammo- even those just adding to their personal stash. If youve bought more than 100 rounds in the last 2 weeks you are now considered one by many GD'ers.
The butthurt is strong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The butthurt is strong

exactly. my original post was poorly worded. Shoudl have said something more like, "buying ammo before you did".  I want it, why not buy it?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:54:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You know what spreads the panic worse than anything?  Arfom GD.  We do.  We do it ever effing time.  

Maybe the mods should create a separate panic forum.

There are SIX 223 threads on the first page of GD.
View Quote

Not only here, but many other forums, on YouTube channels and at LGSs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Innocent question .. Should i be stocking up on 223? Was at Academy ,zero variations of 556 but fully stocked on 223..
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top