Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 15
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
One thing I learn from these threads is I am the only one on here who doesn't train with high level fighters.  

Also I'm sure she could kick my ass but I'd love to touch the hiney!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She's 135. You've seen too many movies, because in the real world, in a fight, when it goes to the ground (as it mostly does), bjj/judo techniques will fuck your world up. size matters.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter. No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

http://youtu.be/tl6ilMpq8hQ

She's 135. You've seen too many movies, because in the real world, in a fight, when it goes to the ground (as it mostly does), bjj/judo techniques will fuck your world up. size matters.

fify  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
One thing I learn from these threads is I am the only one on here who doesn't train with high level fighters.  

View Quote

Astute!  This guy is.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
No, may throw me, but after that shes done.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

A 135 lb male has significantly more upper body strength than a 135 lb female.

Why isn't Ronda fighting 135 lb males in Vegas?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter. No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

She's 135. You've seen too many movies, because in the real world, in a fight, size matters.

Yes. It does. So does skill and conditioning, even more so.

There is a point where size and/or strength will overcome skill and conditioning but that point is farther up the graph than most people are willing to admit or realize.

We had a Marine come to the dojo. He was about 5'10" and probably about 170. After class, we get to roll for a bit. He asked who wants a go. The smallest guy in the class offers. Danny was about 5'4" 135 on a good day but fairly skilled.

He was playing with the Marine and dominating him even though the other guy kept trying harder and harder. It wasn't even close even though there was a substantial size difference.

I've posted this video before. It's not really to show size difference (even though the bully is a bit bigger). It's merely to show the difference between a trained and untrained fighter. Mayhem is just playing around and is totally enforcing his will on the other guy.
Starts about 11;30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8XYteVus2U

I'd say that's fairly obvious. But if you think the average 135# male is as strong as her, you're delusional.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#6]
She could do what she wanted with me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Because she would be fighting professional fighters.  It doesn't take much training for weight and strength to start being a serious decisive factor, but it does take some.  A street tough isn't going to beat a professional fighter absent a lucky strike.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I am still waiting for her to fight Cyborg. Thats a mean bitch.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Uh huh. Which is why weight classes in professional fighting exist, to protect the heavy weights from those damned bantam weights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's 135. You've seen too many movies, because in the real world, in a fight, size matters.
Watch the early Gracie fights.  She'd break your arm in 12 places before you could blink.  Only a professional fighter is generally going to know enough BJJ to defend against someone like her.    

Uh huh. Which is why weight classes in professional fighting exist, to protect the heavy weights from those damned bantam weights.

Weight classes exist so we can see "fair" fights.

Rhonda Rousey v. 99% of the human population = UNFAIR fight.

Unless someone has some kind of actual training - beyond the first belt or two, outweigh her substantially and have the cardio to back it up, she would destroy you. She would destroy me. She would destroy 99.9% of GD. She would permanently cripple a good portion of us.

Here's a question: If we accept that Rousey is the "best female, mixed martial arts fighter in the world"

What percentage of the 18-55 year old US male population do you think she could "beat up"...?

What percentage of GD...?

Just curious.

To be clear, I would smash. If she let me.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's debatable.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:30:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm sure he would
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:      No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

View Quote

I would like to introduce you to multiple time world jiu jitsu champion Gabi Garcia

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:30:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You can say that again. Total hotness, there. And a decent person. Rousey has a trailer trash personality and mouth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd rather be destroyed by Gina Carano.

(In the good smash sort of way. Not the bad role reversal she-smash-you kind of way that GD has been into lately.)

You can say that again. Total hotness, there. And a decent person. Rousey has a trailer trash personality and mouth.

Wow, I know I have'nt kept up with current events but what have I missed?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Holy shit Batman - talk about hardbodies....

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

View Quote

This.

I wrestled for 7 years.  I could take her.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cyborg would fail the ufc new drug rules...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:33:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
you cant rape the willing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

(In the good smash sort of way. Not the bad role reversal she-smash-you kind of way that GD has been into lately.)

Just seen a couple interviews, and the typical pre fight running of the mouth.

I'm frankly surprised she had the discipline to be an Olympic fighter, given her attitude and personality I've seen from her. Maybe it's all just a show. I don't know her personally, so perhaps I shouldn't have said anything but it's sure the persona she's putting out there for public consumption.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Fights at that. Walks around at 150+
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fights at that. Walks around at 150+

She weighs in, the day before the fight, at 135.  Her fighting weight day of is closer to150.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I'd say that's fairly obvious. But if you think the average 135# male is as strong as her, you're delusional.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. It does. So does skill and conditioning, even more so.

There is a point where size and/or strength will overcome skill and conditioning but that point is farther up the graph than most people are willing to admit or realize.

We had a Marine come to the dojo. He was about 5'10" and probably about 170. After class, we get to roll for a bit. He asked who wants a go. The smallest guy in the class offers. Danny was about 5'4" 135 on a good day but fairly skilled.

He was playing with the Marine and dominating him even though the other guy kept trying harder and harder. It wasn't even close even though there was a substantial size difference.

I've posted this video before. It's not really to show size difference (even though the bully is a bit bigger). It's merely to show the difference between a trained and untrained fighter. Mayhem is just playing around and is totally enforcing his will on the other guy.
Starts about 11;30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8XYteVus2U

We're not talking about the average 135# male, OP is saying she could kick my ass, you brought up the 135# dude fighting the marine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I would like to introduce you to multiple time world jiu jitsu champion Gabi Garcia

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:      No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.  Too bad Pride is gone.  They'd have made that fight happen.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm frankly surprised she had the discipline to be an Olympic fighter, given her attitude and personality I've seen from her. Maybe it's all just a show. I don't know her personally, so perhaps I shouldn't have said anything but it's sure the persona she's putting out there for public consumption.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Olympic judo though, is it that surprising?  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://herecomesanewchallenger.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Gabi-Garcia.jpg

http://img.mixedmartialarts.com/method=get&s=img4444.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a woman?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol
5' 7

135lb

This.

Everyone keeps saying 135lb because that's what she weighs in at the day before her sanctioned fight. Rousey is probably stepping into the cage 145-150 on fight night and probably walks around when not in camp 155+

eta:beat by 2 min  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Everyone keeps saying 135lb because that's what she weighs in at the day before her sanctioned fight. Rousey is probably stepping into the cage 145-150 on fight night and probably walks around when not in camp 155+  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

This.

Those 15 lbs aren't muscle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:37:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

W.   T.    F.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You sir get it.

While size isn't everything it certainly helps.  

I know a couple of guys that weigh 300+ that can bench and squat some insane amounts........When a man that big and strong gets ahold of you all he has to do is fall on you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir get it.

While size isn't everything it certainly helps.  

I know a couple of guys that weigh 300+ that can bench and squat some insane amounts........When a man that big and strong gets ahold of you all he has to do is fall on you.  

The early days of no holds barred/mixed martial arts have proven otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
FYI, this is what happens when a street tough goes up against even a mediocre professional fighter.  No one outside of the male professional fighters is beating Ronda these days.

View Quote

Are you fucking serious?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:39:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I'll just leave this here.  Weight classes do matter.  That guy isn't a champion fighter but manhandled her like a little kid.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

W.   T.    F.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

W.   T.    F.

Those roid delts tho.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, the only time I ever heard her talk was at the movies
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

She is MUCH smaller now.

Last I heard she was getting ready for her first MMA fight and it was going to be against a man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

She is MUCH smaller now.

Last I heard she was getting ready for her first MMA fight and it was going to be against a man.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Isn't her stepdad a member here?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Those roid delts tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

W.   T.    F.

Those roid delts tho.
She has slimmed down getting ready for her mma debut

eta: Damnit, I am 2min too slow today

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:42:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We're not talking about the average 135# male, OP is saying she could kick my ass, you brought up the 135# dude fighting the marine.
View Quote

I agree than men tend to be stronger. But comparing a professional female athlete to the average man, pound for pound, she's going to be stronger. Given equal training, obviously the pro man is stronger than the pro woman at equal weights.

Kind of like arguing oranges are orange.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#36]
http://www.mmamania.com/2015/1/9/7505259/sorry-meatheads-but-ronda-rousey-does-not-enjoy-weightlifting-ufc-184-mma

And I actually don't lift any weights at all. Every muscle people see on my body is for a task.
View Quote

She doesn't even lift bro.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.  I'd be too busy trying to get a hand on her ass or tittay - she'd have me down in a fucking heartbeat.  Hopefully, I'd get to buy her a couple drinks after.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

This.

Her lifetime of Judo, bronze olympic medal and silver and gold medals from world's and pan am games laugh at your 7 years of wrestling.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll just leave this here.  Weight classes do matter.  That guy isn't a champion fighter but manhandled her like a little kid.

http://youtu.be/o9xjs2fWJEs
View Quote

Yeah. Dude is obviously a piker.

Gegard Mousasi: Professional fighter website
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

This.

Nope. It is water....from muscle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:47:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Her lifetime of Judo, bronze olympic medal and silver and gold medals from world's and pan am games laugh at your 7 years of wrestling.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

5' 7

135lb

This.

I played baseball for 7 years.  I could hit homers off Clayton Kershaw and strike out Adrian Beltre.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:48:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/o9xjs2fWJEs
View Quote

LOL @ anyone here that thinks they are anywhere near the level of Gegard Mousasi. Your 50 pound advantage over Ronda isn't exactly the same as his. And yes he is a champion fighter.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

This.

So her strength increases by approximately what percentage once she hydrates?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
"...Yes, nice to mole you... MEET you! Nice to meet your mole! Don't say mole... I said mole."

"Mole...... Mole...... MOLEY, MOLEY, MOLEY, MOLEY, MOLEY!!!"

"MOLE!! BLOODY MOLE!! We're not supposed to talk about the bloody mole, but there's a bloody mole WINKING ME IN THE FACE!!"

"I'm gonna cut it off, chop it up, and make some guacaMOLE!!"
View Quote

At first I thought this is where you were going. She needs to have that removed.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:54:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I played baseball for 7 years.  I could hit homers off Clayton Kershaw and strike out Adrian Beltre.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

This.

Your comparison would be more accurate if you said a collegiate level softball player. Back a softball pitcher up to a 60 foot mound and you probably could.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Death by snu snu
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

5' 7
135lb

This.

That's cute.  Female Olympic level world class track and field times are on par with a typical high school boys state meet.  There is a reason she doesn't fight men.   If she weighed 175 it would be a lot more interesting.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So her strength increases by approximately what percentage once she hydrates?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's Frank Mir...with tits.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:58:55 PM EDT
[#50]
This has turned into another trannie thread.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top