Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 2/25/2015 7:19:47 PM EDT
Yep that's right. Leaving tomorrow morning for another trip over to the Philippines. The exact schedule and plan is a bit up in the air but there will be some diving happening. Lots of pics as well from places I have visited before and new places I have not yet gone.

There will also be a new travel companion. Those of you that remember the last 2 trip threads will also remember the girl I was with. That ended a few months ago. Not really worth getting into but I will say a relationship doesn't work if only one person is putting any effort into it.

My new companion is most definitely keeping with the younger and hotter rule. Arfcom will be proud. Pics to be posted as usual with these threads, as time and adventures allow. If you have any questions comments or suggestions please post em up! We are looking forward to it
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:25:15 PM EDT
[#2]
In
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of diving? Muff?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Uh oh. Tag.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
If the new one is the one in your Avatar, she definitely looks much prettier.  As someone who is married to a Filipina, I can assure you there are plenty more over there ready to hook up with an American.  As long as they are going to get a visa that is.

What part of the country?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm all atwitter!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If the new one is the one in your Avatar, she definitely looks much prettier.  As someone who is married to a Filipina, I can assure you there are plenty more over there ready to hook up with an American.  As long as they are going to get a visa that is.

View Quote

This one isn't interested in coming here. She is happy with life there and is supportive of my beach bum retirement plan.

She is from Luzon. A province girl originally but living in manila now.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Taggero
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm all atwitter!
View Quote

I don't recall you being around for any of my others. Glad to see you back and happy to have you along for the ride.

One planned excursion is the first ever arfcom Philippines meet and greet.

Basically me and my girl and kpel308 and his girl will be in the same place at the same time and do lunch or dinner or some such. Looking forward to that. Also g300d mentioned being interested in hanging out and maybe hitting the range. That's in the works also.

Don't want to give away all my plans just yet.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:53:02 PM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Have fun, be safe.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
cool, your past threads have delivered.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
tag
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This one isn't interested in coming here. She is happy with life there and is supportive of my beach bum retirement plan.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very nice.  My wife is from northern Luzon.  If you are living/working in the right places in Manila its a great place to be.  Unfortunately much of the city is a bit third world.  And very crowded.  That's awesome that you plan to live there.  My wife wants us to live there someday but I could never do it in her hometown as it is so primitive there.  Plus the entire family will try to live off the "rich American."
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:55:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]
In.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
IN!
View Quote

And out.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#18]
IN.  I have family around Manila and always love seeing pics of the Philippines.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
IN.  I have family around Manila and always love seeing pics of the Philippines.
View Quote

Few days in manila are confirmed. Probably go hit up ocean Park and the zoo again. Have better toys for better pics this time.

Then boracay.

Then????????

Somewhat open after boracay. Subic has been brought up as a potential destination.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Two Words:

GoPro - - - Tricycle

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Two Words:

GoPro - - - Tricycle

View Quote

Did that already. Pretty sure it's on my YouTube.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Two Words:

GoPro - - - Tricycle

You rented a motorcycle, I remember watching that one

ETA:

I always liked your tour and photos of the Tricycle fab shop in Zamboanga City
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Can't wait !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#24]
A tricycle ride through Boracay, Philippines: http://youtu.be/YueCUQJGFFc
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:36:24 PM EDT
[#25]
This is a tag.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#26]
why not, IN. My inlaws are headed back home in a couple weeks. I wish we could go but missing work and plane tickets for 5 make it a 7-10K vacation....
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Ost
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Taggage
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought you two had gotten married. Hope you have better luck with this one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A tricycle ride through Boracay, Philippines: http://youtu.be/YueCUQJGFFc
View Quote

Thanks, missed that one.  Good video
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:59:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#32]
In for lbfm's
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Have fun.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#34]
In for pics!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Few days in manila are confirmed. Probably go hit up ocean Park and the zoo again. Have better toys for better pics this time.

Then boracay.

Then????????

Somewhat open after boracay. Subic has been brought up as a potential destination.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then boracay.

Then????????

If you go to Subic, dive the USS New York.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:22:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then boracay.

Then????????

Depth/skill level required?

My lady friend is padi open water and not very experienced.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:24:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was the plan. But she saw things differently.

I don't want to derail this thread but lies bullshit arguing rude behavior and drama do not a happy relationship make.

She was given months to unfuck herself. She chose not to.

I told her that it was coming. She didn't believe me. Oh well. Her loss my gain.

Glad it happened before the wedding.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm glad this isn't a Merovinchian thread.
View Quote

Do I even want to know what that means?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Hell yes I'm in. I always enjoy your pictures and updates. They never fail to bring up good memories.

Baguio and San Fernando la Union are both nice. Not very far apart either. If I remember correctly it was less than a 2 hour drive. Mountain to sea is nice. Good diving at San Fernando.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:27:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1701434

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm here for the women pics.

Dibs on guns
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1701434

Ha I remember that one. Didn't keep the name in my brain though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#43]
USS New York ranges between 60 and 90 feet down.  I did NOT go inside.  The dive guide said we could, but I don't have the training or experience for that.  The ship is resting on her side.  The main deck is vertical.  The big gun turrets are still there, about 75 feet down.  We dove on the bow, swam along the main deck staying about centerline on the hull, and surfaced at the stern.  The ship was scuttled just before the Japanese invasion.  There are huge holes in the hull.  People do go inside.  The boiler room is wide open.  As much as I would have loved to go inside, I did not want to want to take any chances.  I'm NAUI open water.

There's several nice fives.  Three barges are sunk just off Grande Island.  They are 25 to 40 feet down and, because of the shallow water and bright sun, outstanding visibility.  The barges are filled in, so you can't go inside.  They are absolutely teeming with coral and sealife, though.  There is a sunken LCU behind Cubi Point.  It is 60 feet down and also teeming with sealife.  Both of those dives are extremely easy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I'm here for the women pics.

Dibs on guns
View Quote

Pics of mine will be posted. No promises on others. I will do what I can at boracay though.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:38:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I don't want to derail this thread but lies bullshit arguing rude behavior and drama do not a happy relationship make.

I told her that it was coming. She didn't believe me. Oh well. Her loss my gain.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.  BTDT (I never bought a ring, but wasn't far from it).  After that was over, I met and married my wife in good old NH and never looked back.  The two biggest lies I got were she was single (actually, still married and said she was separated because there's no divorce in Catholic PI. ) and she had no kids (she actually had two!).  "But Honey-ko it is still ok we can be together." . Um, NO.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:16:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.  BTDT (I never bought a ring, but wasn't far from it).  After that was over, I met and married my wife in good old NH and never looked back.  The two biggest lies I got were she was single (actually, still married and said she was separated because there's no divorce in Catholic PI. ) and she had no kids (she actually had two!).  "But Honey-ko it is still ok we can be together." . Um, NO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. Had one try and pull that shit on me a while back.

I don't use Facebook. Doesn't mean I don't research with it. Name and pictures match. Husband and kids... Wait what!?!

This one's a good one though.

Comes from a wealthy family full of architects and engineers. Adrenaline junkie like me. All about the adventuring. Artist, athlete. Did a couple marathons. She's an architect too by trade but not currently working in that field.

Hell of a girl. Great cook. Extremely polite and respectful. The very embodiment of delicadeza.

I have high hopes.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:26:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Final packing and preparations are being completed now.

I will check in along the way as I am able.

Here's hoping this weather hasn't totally goat fucked everything.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:32:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Be safe OP and enjoy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#49]
In

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 6:58:41 AM EDT
[#50]
In for the pics of some hotties in bikinis @ Boracay Beach ( been there done that )
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top