Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 10:48:38 AM EDT
I am looking for a encrypted app for the android to keep sensitive documents in for work and personal records. So far I found a app called Protectstar TimeLock. The whole "hidden" aspect is gimicky but its the best that I can find because of ease of use. I like this one because you can access the items with out manually decrypting or reencrypting them after your done. If you want to view the files out side of the app you can "download" the files to your phone.  https://www.protectstar.com/en/products/time-lock

It appears not to upload to a cloud, I dont want cloud upload.... But I dont have a way to verify that the files are truly 256 encrypted and my files are staying secure and no 3rd party can access them.

Cell phone gurus chime in, Running a encrypted Galaxy S5.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody care about interrnet security?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
SSE and EDS are too cumbersome for your purposes, I take it?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:50:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are looking at 256 bit encryption when they are discarding 1024 bit certificates as obsolete?

You need better crypt than that if you want secure.

View Quote

Different ciphers. The bit length isn't comparable between them. AES 256 is GTG.

ETA: try asking in this thread OP: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1235571_Ask_a_computer_forensics_expert_anything.html
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Real question here is:

secure from whom?

That would dictate what happens next.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top