Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Posted: 2/14/2015 11:51:53 AM EDT
Today I found out Shadow Ops weaponry, (who was pretty much making a family heirloom rifle chambered in 300BLK and 5.56 for me) was shut down by their investors, the ATF, and Colorado State Officials due to improper use of funds and would be shortly filing chapter 7 bankruptcy.

This is how I was informed:
All further contact for orders and inquiries should be directed to the Vice President of Shadow Ops Weaponry.  He will be able to assist you with all matters, as he has locked all other empl;oyees out of the company, and none of us will be able to assist you further from this point forward.

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,
The former staff of Shadow Ops Weaponry LLC

In their possession is a billet lower that was manufactured by them that was full of Noveske Rifleworks and ALG Defense goodies (this lower is actually registered to me) and was in for repair. 2 Geissele Automatics, LLC Handguards (a 10" MK1 and a 15"MK2 that were in for cerakoting), and the 2 billet uppers that I had paid to be cerakoted but never received (if they were ever manufactured). To make matters worse- I paid for everything over 18 months ago and am out the cash for the parts. Please take note folks and learn from my mistake- Don't work with people who may be a fly by night shop- stick with people like Joint Force Enterprises for your cerakote needs or Noveske, Mega Arms, or Seekins Precision for billet parts- Even if you can't have them ordered with your grandfathers, fathers, and your name on them- (end of rant).
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Email informing me of the situation after contacting the above redacted email:

Dear Shadow Ops Customer:

We are primary investors in Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. and were forced to shut it down due to apparent improprieties in the conducting of its business.  We called in the ATF and the Colorado Attorney General's Office and the plant is under lock down and under investigation.  We anticipate IRS involvement and possibly the U.S. Trustee and a Chapter 7 filing is likely.  If a bankruptcy filing  occurs you will be afforded a file number whereupon you can file a claim with the U.S. Trustee for what you believe is due you.

Under no circumstances do we accept, nor are we obligated, to assume or pay any of Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. debts.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks dude. Really hard.

They don't sound legit at all. Hope you can get your shit back in a more timely manner.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That sucks dude. Really hard.

They don't sound legit at all. Hope you can get your shit back in a more timely manner.
View Quote

Fuck that shit. I'm really sorry to hear that man. Ugh, Just horrible
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
If the lowers are registered to the OP what sort of criminal charges could be filled, etc?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:54:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I too got screwed.  Last March ordered a BCG for $130.  After numerous calls,  email, and promises, nothing.  Pretty much gave up.
It seem the problem stems from troubles with a business partner.  I  think the owner made a honest effort to honor past invoices, but seem to have too many issues to overcome.
Lesson learned, if charged for an item not delivered, contest the payment immediately.  Your window for receiving money back is only 30 days.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Go break their door down and get your firearm back.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 3:28:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I almost took a job with them just a few months ago... they didn't even let the employees know until 2 weeks ago. They showed up one morning and were told to pack their bags. One of my ex Co workers just lost his job with them. Scum bags.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 7:00:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]
IBTM.

this is the same reason we get a lot of broken Colt 6920s at the shop.   Everyone is afraid to sent them to Colt to be fixed in case they shut from bankruptcy.  I don't blame them.

OP, you need to do a police report, your stuff has been stolen
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#10]
The name "Shadow Ops Weaponry" and the listings for "swag" on their website should have been a red flag.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:12:15 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad I got my billet lowers - after a 6 month wait.  Too bad the receiver extensions are all cut wrong.  I can't put a UBR stock on them.  Any standard extendable stock with a castle nut works, but still.

Sorry for all the folks who got scammed.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Reminds me of the DDLES fiasco last year. Learned my lesson with that one.

Sucks to hear of this, hope it turns out ok for you
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I second the stolen statement.

Hopefully it checks out...
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#14]
I know Paul Russ, the guy who started the company--I used to rent a room at his house. It's basically a hostile takeover by the investors, using allegations of wrongdoing as a smokescreen to justify ousting Paul from the company.

The sad thing is that the investors are probably going to kill the company by taking it over like this.

I have a .45 can I ordered, but will probably never get now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Here are the names and numbers of 2 of the investors who took over Shadow Ops:
Jim Silvester (540) 664-2934
Tammy Scott (720) 290-3289

If you have product you paid for that was never delivered, or sent Shadow Ops lowers or other parts that were never returned, call them. They are the ones who can best assist you right now.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:22:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Best of luck getting your stuff back.

That's a fucked up situation.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Why would anyone send money or goods to these jokers. They have had 122 BBB complaints in the last year. Here is something to compare it to Brownells who has to do 100 times more business.

I'm sorry OP and I hope you get your goods back, but damn do some research.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#18]
That is a real kick in the gut. Hopefully, it will get better for you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Why would anyone send money or goods to these jokers. They have had 122 BBB complaints in the last year. Here is something to compare it to Brownells who has to do 100 times more business.

View Quote

That really is shitty for OP.

I had tried to get a .308 BCG from them back in September of '12.  They were having serious issues even back then, and when the panic hit in December, they went full retard.  How the plug was not pulled, is beyond me.  2 years of nothing but horror stories, since.  

There were a couple of guys that reported getting a BCG, or a lower, after more than a year wait.  Even then, IIRC the lowers arrived out of spec, on a couple occasions.

I truly thought that nobody would miss all the bad press on this disaster when attempting to place an order.

That they kept going, and never turned off that site, just sucks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Awful!  OP, I would contact the investors via certified mail from your attorney (if you retain one) that they have 30 days to find an deliver your PROPERTY or risk charges filed for petty theft.  Maybe follow up with the ATF.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good insight here.  I find it somewhat ironical that there have been threads from people regarding BCM, Rainier Arms, Aero etc. with a few isolated CS issues stating they will never do business with them again, yet thousands of people entrusted Shadow Ops with their hard earned dollars; only to have them turn into a chop shop overnight.  Moral of the story (if there is one) is stick with the major brands in the industry that are trusted and reputable.

OP, sorry for your involvement and I hope it gets resolved.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah it is tough when the owner calls and also is continually putting up photos of progress on the website. I also had ordered lpks and barrels without issue so it was not like I just was like.. Welp here ya go.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#23]
reminds me of ICE arms...people are quick to jump on a nice product, until it bites them in the ass.  Good luck getting your stuff OP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The name "Shadow Ops Weaponry" and the listings for "swag" on their website should have been a red flag.
View Quote

This is my thinking as well
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:01:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the DDLES fiasco last year. Learned my lesson with that one.

Sucks to hear of this, hope it turns out ok for you
View Quote

It reads just like the DDLES disaster.  Fortunately I didn't lose anything with DDLES, but I know people who did.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:04:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
reminds me of ICE arms...people are quick to jump on a nice product, until it bites them in the ass.  Good luck getting your stuff OP.
View Quote

Exactly....it's human nature to want the next best "greatest" thing.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Research
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:43:44 PM EDT
[#28]
(who was pretty much making a family heirloom rifle chambered in 300BLK and 5.56 for me)
View Quote

Purchase an SR-15 and SR-30=problem solved.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:53:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

We are primary investors in Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. and were forced to shut it down due to apparent improprieties in the conducting of its business.  We called in the ATF and the Colorado Attorney General's Office and the plant is under lock down and under investigation.  We anticipate IRS involvement and possibly the U.S. Trustee and a Chapter 7 filing is likely.  If a bankruptcy filing  occurs you will be afforded a file number whereupon you can file a claim with the U.S. Trustee for what you believe is due you.

Under no circumstances do we accept, nor are we obligated, to assume or pay any of Shadow Ops Weaponry, LLC. debts.
View Quote

Go ahead and file paper on them. Maybe some site lawyers can tell you how to get high on the list for recovery.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#30]
How could they not be legit with a name like that?!

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:16:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
If the lowers are registered to the OP what sort of criminal charges could be filled, etc?
View Quote

Like debtor's prison?
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:36:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your local Police department won't do a thing.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Sucks OP.

I have to say though that a company that appears out of no where in the middle of the panic with a name like "shadow ops weaponry" isn't generally the place I would have put my money.

There has been nothing but bad press on these guys since day one.  

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I got 2 bcgs from them a little over a year ago. They were slow to ship. Sorry too hear this and good luck OP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Boy that sucks.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Don't sweat the Geissele or ALG stuff.  Call into James in Customer service and we will replace at N/C what they ripped off.  Hope this helps lessen the pain somewhat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today I found out Shadow Ops weaponry, (who was pretty much making a family heirloom rifle chambered in 300BLK and 5.56 for me) was shut down by their investors, the ATF, and Colorado State Officials due to improper use of funds and would be shortly filing chapter 7 bankruptcy.

All further contact for orders and inquiries should be directed to the Vice President of Shadow Ops Weaponry.  He will be able to assist you with all matters, as he has locked all other empl;oyees out of the company, and none of us will be able to assist you further from this point forward.

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

In their possession is a billet lower that was manufactured by them that was full of Noveske Rifleworks and ALG Defense goodies (this lower is actually registered to me) and was in for repair. 2 Geissele Automatics, LLC Handguards (a 10" MK1 and a 15"MK2 that were in for cerakoting), and the 2 billet uppers that I had paid to be cerakoted but never received (if they were ever manufactured). To make matters worse- I paid for everything over 18 months ago and am out the cash for the parts. Please take note folks and learn from my mistake- Don't work with people who may be a fly by night shop- stick with people like Joint Force Enterprises for your cerakote needs or Noveske, Mega Arms, or Seekins Precision for billet parts- Even if you can't have them ordered with your grandfathers, fathers, and your name on them- (end of rant).

Don't sweat the Geissele or ALG stuff.  Call into James in Customer service and we will replace at N/C what they ripped off.  Hope this helps lessen the pain somewhat.

Wow, that is mighty generous of you.  Makes me feel even better about all the triggers and the rail I have from you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How could they not be legit with a name like that?!

+1

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

THAT is why I buy your products at every opportunity. Class act right there.

Good luck OP, sorry brother.
This is why I avoid vendors with names like Shadow Ops.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ouch
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't sweat the Geissele or ALG stuff.  Call into James in Customer service andwe will replace at N/C what they ripped off.  Hope this helps lessen the pain somewhat.
View Quote

Seriously? ! I just about cried when I read that.

I will give it a week to see what can be recovered.

You guys rock for stepping up when you don't need to.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP

[email protected]

Thank you,

What company are you with?

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#43]
That sucks hard. Good luck OP
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:32:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Wow, that is mighty generous of you.  Makes me feel even better about all the triggers and the rail I have from you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

Agreed.....GA FTW
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should take a report.  I never suggested that they'd do anything else.  That will help with the NFA portion of things and with any future lawsuits.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

You guys are awesome.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:37:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

Now this is beyond awesome!
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

Hint: His avatar is the same letter that the company he works for starts with...
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

Geissele
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

XXXXX XXXXXr, VP
[email protected]

Thank you,

Wow.  You have my continued business.  Respect.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 8
Top Top