Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2015 10:49:06 AM EDT
E-filed Moday night, got my refund today via direct deposit.

Must be some sort of speed record.

EDIT:  Completely useless poll added.  Just fucking vote!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:51:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I did mine last Wednesday and had it in my bank Friday.

E filed with Turbo Tax
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#2]
IRS- the computers are getting things done fast.  My sister in law had a retail store with her ex and after the marriage broke up the store failed.  Anyway, yesterday she got a letter from IRS asking her to explain the $280,000 the credit card companies said she made and did not report.

That is going to be fun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Shit, I wish the .gov worked that quick for me.  I don't expect to get mine til March.

I filed Monday via Turbo Tax.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
It was quick, but state is taking its sweet ass time....  apparently, the states computer system is FUBAR...
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shit, I wish the .gov worked that quick for me.  I don't expect to get mine til March.

I filed Monday via Turbo Tax.
View Quote

I'll bet you are pleasantly suprised.  Keep us posted.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#6]
E-filed Jan 27th. Had State Feb 2nd and Federal Feb 4th.

Half the time as last year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:16:06 AM EDT
[#7]
E-filed via TurboTax on the 27th. Nuffin.

If I received a return that fast, I would immediately hit the floor and start low crawling to my basement with cats in tow in an attempt to avoid the IRS agents equipped with flash bangs stacked up at my front door. Its a tarp.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:28:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It was quick, but state is taking its sweet ass time....  apparently, the states computer system is FUBAR...
View Quote
Via Turbo Tax?

There has been some kind of breech somewhere.  People have found their status with state is "Already Filed!" when they haven't.

Intuit stopped all e-Filing with all states until they figure out what's going on. Mostly it's MN so far.

(Note, this does not mean the breach was at Intuit, it could be some company that leaked SSNs and info that was then used by scammers to file fake returns.)
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuckin' NY state is draggin' their ass tho
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Via Turbo Tax?  

There has been some kind of breech somewhere.  People have found their status with state is "Already Filed!" when they haven't.

Intuit stopped all e-Filing with all states until they figure out what's going on. Mostly it's MN so far.

(Note, this does not mean the breach was at Intuit, it could be some company that leaked SSNs and info that was then used by scammers to file fake returns.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Via Turbo Tax?  

Yes. I got in before they stopped state filing, I think that just happened like last Thursday.

I've been wondering if that's why I haven't received my state taxes yet.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
E-filed Moday night, got my refund today via direct deposit.

Must be some sort of speed record.

EDIT:  Completely useless poll added.  Just fucking vote!
View Quote

Yeah.

Did mine Monday night around 9pm and got my refund in bank yesterday at noon.   So 3 1/2 days.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#12]
The irs gets so much inforation on me.

I don't see why they even envolve me. I assume they want me to make a mistake so the can fine me.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Efiled Monday (feb 2) and received direct deposit today (feb 7).

I've been using TaxAct instead of Turbotax ever since Intuit started screwing with gun related business.

No state filing required for me in TN.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Received mine in 4 days.  It is always pretty quick when I file this early.  I think this is at the low end of the average for the last 5 years though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#15]
I e-filed last Sunday and when I just checked my bank the return is currently "Processing". Should have it by Monday.

1-week isn't unusual for them. It's all electronic. The shocking thing is that it takes that long; there's no good reason for that an e-filed return should take more than 30 seconds to process.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine says 8 to 21 days, whatever.

Poll fail OP, you need an all of the above option on that one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:04:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Via Turbo Tax?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Via Turbo Tax?  

ND has suspended refunds for now too.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#18]
The IRS is making sure all the returns (especially fraudulently filed FSA returns) get paid out quick, got to buy people off for 2016!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I did mine last Wednesday and had it in my bank Friday.

E filed with Turbo Tax
View Quote

If you used TurboTax, look at the fees and the deposit info, my take on it was that your money is not coming from the IRS, but a 3rd part bank.  They then keep your actual refund.

I filed on Jan 26th and got my refund on the 30th
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Filed last Tuesday, received on Wednesday. State and federal.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:42:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Hide yo wife!

Hide yo kids!!

They refunding errybody up in here!!!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I figure they're trying to keep the deck clear for the oncoming flood.

I do remember some grousing last year about returns taking a while to come back.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I send them paperwork to be a PITA, when I do get a refund I make those fuckers send me check.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Still waiting on tax documents to be able to file. I have rough drafts but won't get the finalized forms until mid to late February.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:07:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I thought it was unusual that H&R Block didn't send their usual 2-3 mailings with the software this year, or send any kind of promos our via email.  Guess I will need to hunt that down now that all of my documentation is in a nice pile on the desk.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Did mine on the 3rd and money should be deposited on the 11th, way faster than last year.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I filed Sunday and my refund hit my account last night.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Did mine last week, got it in four days.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:28:49 PM EDT
[#29]
I printed off the long forms and filled them out by hand.

I put them in the mail yesterday.

Where's my money!

And get off my lawn.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Last Sat morning E-filed had it direct deposited Friday morning.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Got mine in 4 days, efiled with turdbro tax
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#32]
I filed on 1/27 and haven't got Fed. MS got it to me Thursday.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#33]
I've always wondered if the states take longer depending of if one is getting a refund (slower to hold your money as long as possible) or if one has to pay. (faster because they want your money asap)
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Too bad we can tell them to just move the money over to the ATF and send us stamps back instead.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:00:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Efiled Monday (feb 2) and received direct deposit today (feb 7).

I've been using TaxAct instead of Turbotax ever since Intuit started screwing with gun related business.

No state filing required for me in TN.
View Quote

I guess in a perfect world that's how it would be.  No refunds, no additional payments, your withholdings are exactly what the tax due is.  The real world and the tax code is too complex for that to ever happen, except maybe as a fluke though.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:53:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I thought it was unusual that H&R Block didn't send their usual 2-3 mailings with the software this year, or send any kind of promos our via email.  Guess I will need to hunt that down now that all of my documentation is in a nice pile on the desk.
View Quote

Same here and I don't know what to make of that.  What are you saying?  I'm not following.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I've always wondered if the states take longer depending of if one is getting a refund (slower to hold your money as long as possible) or if one has to pay. (faster because they want your money asap)
View Quote

I think some states (pretty sure it's the case in NY) wait for the Fed to okay you first.  Saves them some labor of figuring out who has shady accounting practices going on.

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Oh shit! That reminds me!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top