BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder what the backlash was when "Enemy at the Gates" was released?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:17:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's not a goddamn Navy SEAL. He was UDT.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So at what point does the greater SEAL community disavow one of its own and turn their backs on this guy for being a moron?
View Quote

They are in the process of getting him kicked out of the association. Here is the petition:http://www.maritimetacticalsecurity.com/CommunityAlerts
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mr. Lutrell's opinion is not universally shared in Mr. Lutrell's community, from what I understand.
View Quote

There aren't many opinions that are "universally shared" in that community or any other...  

Nobody really likes Ventura, but the "He's not a SEAL" movement really didn't get much support until the last few months.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There aren't many opinions that are "universally shared" in that community or any other...  

Nobody really likes Ventura, but the "He's not a SEAL" movement really didn't get much support until the last few months.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mr. Lutrell's opinion is not universally shared in Mr. Lutrell's community, from what I understand.

Luttrell writes that Ventura was part of the end ceremonies of his SEAL training...

Ventura has always been nutty...

But it's only been recently that he showed his ass by going for the throat of Kyles widow...
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is true and this has been going on for years.  Gary "Bones" Bonnelli, former XO of  SEAL Team 2  and CO of UDT Team 11 had this to say in 2001:

I also drew on my 16 years as a SEAL, that included a combat tour as officer-in-charge of SEAL Team 1, Detachment Golf, duty as executive officer of SEAL Team 2 during the war, and a stint as commanding officer of UDT 11 after the war.    

Why would Ventura - who loves to run his mouth about having been a SEAL - suddenly clam up when I publicly stated in so many words that he was, as my grandma used to say, full of more crap than a Christmas turkey? The governor could have silenced me and his growing pack of critics by simply producing his discharge certificate from active duty, called a DD 214. If he'd been one of America's roughest, toughest, meanest mothers, then that document would list Then there's your UDT buddy, Gary 'Bones' Bonnelli, who says you weren't in Nam with him, but that you were floating around the South China Sea, on a ship with the Amphibious Ready Group -- making ports of call in such high-threat areas as Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok.the qualification for all the world to see. And if the SEAL/UDT designation were truly interchangeable, the form would reflect that. But I know it doesn't without even looking at it. The UDT designation, or Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) - was 5321/22 and the SEAL designation was 5326.
How do I know this? Because as the executive officer of SEAL Team 2, I recommended men for the 5326 designation after they had completed a six month probationary period. Many of these men came from UDTs as 5321/22s. As commanding officer of UDT 11, I awarded the 5321/22 designation to frogmen after their probationary period. Interchangeable designation my ass.        

So the guy whose JOB was to certify UDTs for transition to SEALs says he isn't one for the simple fact that he never attempted nor completed the qualification process as delineated by Naval Regulations at the time of the ending of the UDT NEC.  It really does not get more plain nor logical than that.

Link to article from 2001, not "a few months ago."
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That is true and this has been going on for years.  Gary "Bones" Bonnelli, former XO of  SEAL Team 2  and CO of UDT Team 11 had this to say in 2001:

So the guy whose JOB was to certify UDTs for transition to SEALs says he isn't one for the simple fact that he never attempted nor completed the qualification process as delineated by Naval Regulations at the time of the ending of the UDT NEC.  It really does not get more plain nor logical than that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also drew on my 16 years as a SEAL, that included a combat tour as officer-in-charge of SEAL Team 1, Detachment Golf, duty as executive officer of SEAL Team 2 during the war, and a stint as commanding officer of UDT 11 after the war.    

Why would Ventura - who loves to run his mouth about having been a SEAL - suddenly clam up when I publicly stated in so many words that he was, as my grandma used to say, full of more crap than a Christmas turkey? The governor could have silenced me and his growing pack of critics by simply producing his discharge certificate from active duty, called a DD 214. If he'd been one of America's roughest, toughest, meanest mothers, then that document would list Then there's your UDT buddy, Gary 'Bones' Bonnelli, who says you weren't in Nam with him, but that you were floating around the South China Sea, on a ship with the Amphibious Ready Group -- making ports of call in such high-threat areas as Hong Kong, Singapore, and Bangkok.the qualification for all the world to see. And if the SEAL/UDT designation were truly interchangeable, the form would reflect that. But I know it doesn't without even looking at it. The UDT designation, or Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) - was 5321/22 and the SEAL designation was 5326.
How do I know this? Because as the executive officer of SEAL Team 2, I recommended men for the 5326 designation after they had completed a six month probationary period. Many of these men came from UDTs as 5321/22s. As commanding officer of UDT 11, I awarded the 5321/22 designation to frogmen after their probationary period. Interchangeable designation my ass.        

Boom.

Now it all comes together...

Now it makes complete sense why Ventura refused to provide any documentation about his military record during his legal fight against Kyles widow...

Link
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:46:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I have no doubt that something was said and happened between JV and Chris Kyle at the bar, maybe it didn't go down just like he said but when you have a room full of drunk people who knows what exactly was said or happened.

Edited to add: I give more credence to Kyle's version of events more than I believe JV, simply because of JVs behavior in the past and in the present.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
No wonder people think us Libertarians are pot smoking idiots. He just demonstrated both. Too bad his idiocy stereotypes people who actually have a fucking clue.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:48:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I wish the biggest DEVGRU SEAL would pop that fucker in the mouth, so that he couldn't utter another word for about 5yrs.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So Marcus Luttrell must be full of shit then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdDW2HblKmg

"Mr. Ventura is my senior, and he's a SEAL.  He is a Navy SEAL, and his trident is just as gold as anybody else in our community"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's not a goddamn Navy SEAL. He was UDT. He never completed fucking SQT.

"Mr. Ventura is my senior, and he's a SEAL.  He is a Navy SEAL, and his trident is just as gold as anybody else in our community"

Quoted:
Quoted:

The NEC for UDT, and SEAL were different at the time. They were separate jobs. They didn't get rolled together until eight years after Ventura left the Navy. He wasn't in a SEAL team either. (At least not to my knowledge.)
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I was trying to remain neutral on ventura due to his status as a vet and the fact that he won his suit,  meant that he had some basis to his claim, but now that it's over and he won, the continued attacks are useless,  he can go munch a dick. What a dirt bag.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:50:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I wish the biggest DEVGRU SEAL would pop that fucker in the mouth, so that he couldn't utter another word for about 5yrs.
View Quote

lol he did and he got sued for it
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:51:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CK wasn't in DEVGRU.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#20]
When Alan Colmes is calling you out as an liberal idiot.....
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#21]
He won his suit because the defendant, Kyle, was not able to appear because he had been murdered. Like I said in my previous post, a bunch of people drinking in a bar are not the best of eyewitnesses. Only two people knew for sure what happened and one of them is dead so I think the outcome was expected.

And I also respect JVs service, however that does not excuse his post service behavior, especially in this suit.

Also who the fuck sues over words in a barfight? If I punched everyone that had been an idiot in a bar I was in I wouldn't have any friends and would probably be in jail for life.

Quoted:
I was trying to remain neutral on ventura due to his status as a vet and the fact that he won his suit,  meant that he had some basis to his claim, but now that it's over and he won, the continued attacks are useless,  he can go munch a dick. What a dirt bag.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 9:58:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
By his logic, the US invading Germany in WWII was an evil act?  More US Soldiers should have died in that "invasion"?

What a piece of shit.
View Quote

I can't say it better than this.

I'm sure the Jesse "ventura" ball sack hangers will be along any moment to spin this, though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#23]
After the jury verdict in the civil suit and hearing of some of the odd stories that are being attributed to Kyle, I was starting to wonder if the whole Ventura thing wasn't a bit of a tall tale. After reading this, I'm pretty confident it did go down like Kyle claimed.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:02:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gone? He's been nuts for decades  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow, he's gone off the deep end. What a nut.
Gone? He's been nuts for decades  

What are you talking about. He's not crazy but brainwashed of course.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ditto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<----still thinks Kyle would have won the civil case if alive to testify.

Ditto.

I highly doubt that.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The NEC for UDT, and SEAL were different at the time. They were separate jobs. They didn't get rolled together until eight years after Ventura left the Navy. He wasn't in a SEAL team either. (At least not to my knowledge.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's not a goddamn Navy SEAL. He was UDT. He never completed fucking SQT.

Quoted:
Quoted:

So Luttrell doesn't know any better?  Or maybe that's simply not the issue.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:07:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wait, Ventua is a former Navy Seal? That makes him an even bigger douche. I guess he cant just shut his attention whoring mouth.
View Quote

"Silent professionals," right?  
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

JW_777 replied to this better than I could have. I'm not calling Luttrell a liar. I don't think Luttrell has an agenda, or even anything to do with what I'm saying. But facts are facts. They were two different jobs, and UDTs didn't get rolled into SEAL units until after Ventura left the Navy. Then Ventura started claiming to be a SEAL despite having not completed SQT, and not serving on a SEAL Team.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I don't think Mr. Lutrell has scrutinized DD214's.

I do think that Mr. Lutrell is a nice guy with lots of respect who was primarily interested in not showing any disrespect to the UDT guys who were adopted into the SEAL community because one dumbass was out there saying stupid shit he didn't agree with.

...which, I think, nicely demonstrates the difference between Mr. Lutrell and Jesse.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think Mr. Lutrell has scrutinized DD214's.

I do think that Mr. Lutrell is a nice guy with lots of respect who was primarily interested in not showing any disrespect to the UDT guys who were adopted into the SEAL community because one dumbass was out there saying stupid shit he didn't agree with.

...which, I think, nicely demonstrates the difference between Mr. Lutrell and Jesse.

I would tend to agree with the last part at least...  But the statement he made was something he absolutely didn't have to say, if the guy wasn't a SEAL, he'd have been free to say anything he wanted.  As it was, he said he wasn't going to talk shit in public, so to speak, because the guy was not only a SEAL, but one of his seniors and we don't talk bad about family, even if they are fucking up (of course that's badly paraphrased, but I think that was mostly his intent).  

My brother's always going to be my brother, even if does something he shouldn't -- he might get his ass beat in private, but that doesn't change who he is.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#31]
The Arfcom mob has decided to excoriate Ventura and hero-worship Kyle. This is an official fact-free zone.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I would tend to agree with the last part at least...  But the statement he made was something he absolutely didn't have to say, if the guy wasn't a SEAL, he'd have been free to say anything he wanted.  As it was, he said he wasn't going to talk shit in public, so to speak, because the guy was not only a SEAL, but one of his seniors and we don't talk bad about family, even if they are fucking up (of course that's badly paraphrased, but I think that was mostly his intent).  

My brother's always going to be my brother, even if does something he shouldn't -- he might get his ass beat in private, but that doesn't change who he is.
View Quote

Christ.......considering the bullshit coming out of his whacked out mouth...........I am beginning to wonder if Ventura is even an American for god's sake.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Fuck James Janos right in his cock warmer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The Arfcom mob has decided to excoriate Ventura and hero-worship Kyle. This is an official fact-free zone.
View Quote

So Ventura didn't compare OIF/OEF vets to Nazis?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:18:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Starts at 1:00

Eta... FUCK JV.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:20:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

When Kyle died, and Venturas suit against him died with him...

Ventura dug his own grave by going after Kyles wife by re-filing against *her*

Ventura has more mud on his hands than anything he went after Kyles widow for...

And this statement about Nazis gives some level of credibility to Kyles side of the story... Kyle said Ventura ran his mouth, and it led to an altercation...

Makes Kyles version of events seem plausible...

Now... Kyle wasn't "perfect" either... But Ventura has been the bigger douche from start to finish...
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:23:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

When Kyle died, and Venturas suit against him died with him...

Ventura dug his own grave by going after Kyles wife by re-filing against *her*

Ventura has more mud on his hands than anything he went after Kyles widow for...

And this statement about Nazis gives some level of credibility to Kyles side of the story... Kyle said Ventura ran his mouth, and it led to an altercation...

Makes Kyles version of events seem plausible...

Now... Kyle wasn't "perfect" either... But Ventura has been the bigger douche from start to finish...
View Quote

How could you ever say that about Venturass..............I mean all he said was the American military is akin to the Nazis and Soviets.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There may very well be truth to Kyles version of events...

Sources put Ventura *at* the bar... And if he said something like this to Kyle...

Huh.

Makes me think...
View Quote

Ventura testified that he was at the bar.  So, yeah, he was there.  And, he was Jesse Ventura.  And Jesse Ventura sure seems to Jesse Ventura, even under well controlled circumstances.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:27:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

W.T.F.???
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wow, he's gone off the deep end. What a nut.
View Quote

Yup......
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Arfcom mob has decided to excoriate Ventura... [snip] This is an official fact-free zone.
View Quote

"Ventura" gives us PLENTY of reason to excoriate him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fuck James Janos right in his cock warmer.
View Quote

This is my opinion:

I don't trust ANYONE who changes their given name for a pop song title!

Wasn't Daddy's name good enough?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Christ.......considering the bullshit coming out of his whacked out mouth...........I am beginning to wonder if Ventura is even an American for god's sake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disagreement is part of who we are.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:42:19 AM EDT
[#45]
When the word assclown becomes a word in Websters Dictionary, that shitdicks picture should be all their is for a definition.

Just the word assclown, then Jesse "Aint got time to shut the fuck up" Venturas picture.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah but the American military is akin to the Nazis and Soviets?

And he was a Navy Seal?

So, yeah I concede you are right but....................................Jesse is
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#47]
what the fucking kind of look is he trying to pull off?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:44:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
what the fucking kind of look is he trying to pull off?
View Quote

Fuck if I know.

"Fu Man Loon"?
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

And he was a Navy Seal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he was a Navy Seal?

first amendment... People do get to say what they want.

That said, that's not really exactly what he said.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top