Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/3/2015 9:54:56 AM EDT
I'm 35 and starting to develop a slight bald spot on top.  I don't typically wear a hat unless hunting, fishing, or at the range, but I think I need to start wearing one more frequently.  I lost my usual hat flying out the back of the boat last fall.  I think I may choose a gun related company.  I don't want to make myself a target by wearing a well known company to the masses like Colt, S&W, etc.  I also don't want to wear something from a company I will probably never own due to me not being "tier 1" enough and not being able to afford it anyways (KAC, LaRue, etc).

I am building my first SBR, using some Bravo Co components, already have an Eotech, a number of Primary Arms and Magpul products.  So who should I brand myself with to not look like a complete jackass?  I'm leaning towards Bravo Co.  Guide me GD.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:57:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I like BCM, Larue, Noveske, Magpul, and Glock hats.  

I'm wearing a BCM hat today, seriously thinking about a new Larue hat today.....
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Nike.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand the logic.  I though hats were worse for your hair, not better.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't understand the logic.  I though hats were worse for your hair, not better.
View Quote

Logic? WTF?
You're talking to a guy who wants you to pick "his brand" for him.

Get a Budweiser hat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Intacto
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've heard the same thing too.  Don't care really.  It is falling out regardless, and I rarely wore hats anyways.  Might as well cover it up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:02:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Am I the only one who doesn't like to advertise the fact that I own guns, if for any other reason than to keep my truck or house from being attractive to those who want to steal them?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:03:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've heard the same thing too.  Don't care really.  It is falling out regardless, and I rarely wore hats anyways.  Might as well cover it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All well and good...Buy a suppressor for your SBR from the silencer shop and get a free hat from them!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:03:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't know about brand, but you should definitely wear it with a flat bill cocked off to one side.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Why wear anyone's logo on your noggin?
You are a walking billboard for the company when you wear their logo whether it be shirts, jeans, headbands, hats, etc.
THEY should be paying you for advertising for them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who doesn't like to advertise the fact that I own guns, if for any other reason than to keep my truck or house from being attractive to those who want to steal them?
View Quote

Nope, not the only one... I have never put a gun related sticker on my house/car. I really only wear gun hats when I go out shooting...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is kinda why I want to avoid the S&W and Colt type companies.  I figure that most people who know who BCM, Laure, etc is, aren't USUALLY going to be the type to steal.  The average criminal probably doesn't know who these companies are.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I wear a Marine Corps hat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Notch hat if you wear sunglasses
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#15]
tilley

much respect to Mark Larue - but I have to have a full brim hat these days.  Very sensitive to the sun....so gave all my larue caps to my kids, they love them.  But I am left a broken man....
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#16]
You don't want to look like a jackass, yet want to wear a tactical brand hat?

Impossible.

Wear a hat with a sports team or something that doesn't scream "I have a gun".
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Modern Musket

Wearing my multicam one right now, just like most days. I rotate between it and a LaRue hat.

http://www.shop.modernmusket.com/Rifle-Logo-Cap-MMCAP.htm

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Solution to non-existent problem.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shave your head, that is my answer then.

I wear an old Budweiser hat I won in a pool tournament.  I liked the way it fit so I cut out most of the embroidery so it wasn't a beer hat anymore.

One must own his hat, not have it chosen for him.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to Google what those were. Why is that a thing? I've never had a problem with sunglasses touching my hat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:10:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Impossible.

View Quote

Hence why I asked the question.  IF wearing one of these brands makes me a jackass, I will go with a plain nike/adidas hat like I wore for the last decade.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had to Google what those were. Why is that a thing? I've never had a problem with sunglasses touching my hat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You obviously haven't noticed the trend of people wearing glasses backwards on top of their hat.

Eta: like this toolbag burger eater, but with a hat:

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:13:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Brazzers cap.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:13:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got to get hat visor lower over sunglasses to operate bro.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hence why I asked the question.  IF wearing one of these brands makes me a jackass, I will go with a plain nike/adidas hat like I wore for the last decade.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Impossible.

FFS. Pick a comfortable hat and go.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:15:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Why not just get a hero hat?  Then you can change it up every day!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Get a Bolt Face Logo cap from the Arfcom Online Store.  Sheesh.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#28]
I wear multi cam new era caps. They're the only ones I could find fitted for an 8.5 size. They are blank.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:18:13 AM EDT
[#29]
I try to avoid wearing anything gun related. I usually wear a Titleist hat since I also enjoy playing golf.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet Jeebus, take me know, I've seen everything! LOL
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:18:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Embrace the razor my folliclely challenged friend.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#32]
With a name like that, should be Rapala or Berkely or something.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Thread over

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:22:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
With a name like that, should be Rapala or Berkely or something.
View Quote

I am in MN, so it would be Lund, Lindy, etc.  My brother wears a Crestline visor.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:27:55 AM EDT
[#35]
I don't like to advertise for any company or cause on my person, hard not to though since branding is such a viable marketing tool. A small logo I can deal with but huge lettering is a turn off for me.

As for the thread title, it should read " I need a new cap" if that is what you are looking for. Hats are for us old men.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Craft International. Its the company Chris Kyle helped start and the hats have that great Punisher logo with the crosshairs over the right eye. Very cool looking hat
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:30:03 AM EDT
[#37]
I either wear my cubs hat or my noveske hat. And when it comes to beanies, I just wear my IATSE beanie if I'm working outside.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:30:18 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't advertise my gun owning status, especially in the area I live.  My Trijicon hat was perfect.  The average joe wouldn't know what that is, only those that know something about guns.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#39]
Get a 10X Stetson, custom blocked.

THAT'S a hat.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah . . . .cause that's the kind of house I would want to B&E . . . . someone who's armed to the teeth

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hats are pretty good for sunburn, though!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#44]
BCM trucker hat that I received with a purchase of an upper is my go to hat right now. I don't care to wear "typical" firearms related clothing. Most gun owners will have no clue what the hat that I'm wearing means.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Why does OP hate BFL hats?

Support the site. Do it. Do it now!

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I have a Daniel Defense hat. Most people don't know what it is but I've had a few people recognize it. And if anyone asks about it, depending on how well I know them, I either say a gun company or a military supplier or something.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:37:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Stormy Kromer wool cap for winter use. It's first rate.

They also make a canvas cap for warmer weather but I just ordered one so I don't know how that one is.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#48]
I had a Larue hat once and someone stole it...
I liked that hat as it fit my giant head well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Bunch a slack jawed faggot answers so far ... (except VA rifleman)

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Whoever offers a flxfit hat is the one to get .... all other hats suck ass
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top