Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The only venue in Houston is a gay bar?  Who writes this shit?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

We are all more than happy to have you add to the list.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#3]
No Luckenbach?  Wtffail

Though honestly, I haven't been to Luckenbach in like ten years, so it might suck now.  I dunno
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:38:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
No Luckenbach?  Wtffail

Though honestly, I haven't been to Luckenbach in like ten years, so it might suck now.  I dunno
View Quote

Its awesome if you like parade float Harleys and wrinkly, saggy boobs.

The Harvest Classic being one of a few exceptions.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:56:43 PM EDT
[#5]
That's about the review I expected, full of shit a lot better locations out there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

That's about the review I expected, full of shit a lot better locations out there.
View Quote

Again, we would love to hear your suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Sons of Hermann Hall in Dallas.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#8]
No Arkey Blues?  No Banita Creek Hall?

List sucks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Off the top of my head two that should have been on that list, The Broken Spoke in Austin, Schroeder Hall in Victoria.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:10:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I forgot about John T. Floores Country Store in Helotes.  I saw a lot of now popular bands there for 5 bucks a show ten years back.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#11]
list blows ...no Tin Hall or Wings
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:23:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

list blows ...no Tin Hall or Wings
View Quote

Wings?
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Gilley's in Dallas

The White Elephant in Fort Worth
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:34:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I know Trees in deep Ellum was great in the 90's it may still be.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:38:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Dafuq is the Common Grounds? I'm from just a few minutes north of Waco and I've never heard of the place. and I'm an addict for Texas Country...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:44:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Dafuq is the Common Grounds? I'm from just a few minutes north of Waco and I've never heard of the place. and I'm an addict for Texas Country...
View Quote
I'm scratching my head on this one also. I don't think they meant Waco I think they meant Baylor.  http://cgwaco.com/

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Trees was closed from 2005-2009, but it going strong again.

The guy who currently owns Trees is also about to reopen The Bomb Factory, which has been closed since the late 90s.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:49:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The guy who currently owns Trees is also about to reopen The Bomb Factory, which has been closed since the late 90s.
The Bomb Factory was great.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm scratching my head on this one also. I don't think they meant Waco I think they meant Baylor.  http://cgwaco.com/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just looked it up, it's next to TSTC. That ain't Waco damnit, that's damn near in Elm Mott Definitely some rough crowds in that place... I'll make a quick detour one day to see how big of a shithole it is
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:56:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I saw Tool, Faith No More, and White Zombie there in the 90s.  Good times.

You gotta hand it to Clint Barlow for reopening Trees, and now The Bomb Factory.  With these and other venues, Dallas is really doing quite well in the live music department these days.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just looked it up, it's next to TSTC. That ain't Waco damnit, that's damn near in Elm Mott Definitely some rough crowds in that place... I'll make a quick detour one day to see how big of a shithole it is
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you watch the video on their home page. If its any good I might head down there.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:03:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I saw Tool, Faith No More, and White Zombie there in the 90s.  Good times.

You gotta hand it to Clint Barlow for reopening Trees, and now The Bomb Factory.  With these and other venues, Dallas is really doing quite well in the live music department these days.
I saw Gwar, Henry Rollins, Tool, Primus, and others at the Bomb Factory. I seen myself and friends in videos at Trees on you tube. I heard that Trees closed down but didn't Know it opened back up.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Did you watch the video on their home page. If its any good I might head down there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.... I'm just having a hard time believing that's across the street from TSTC
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yeah.... I'm just having a hard time believing that's across the street from TSTC
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I went to school there so yeah        ETA found it on the map it's next to Baylor not TSTC.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:32:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I went to school there so yeah        ETA found it on the map it's next to Baylor not TSTC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dafuq I must have typed the address wrong then.

That does make sense now though
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 1:37:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah it looks like a house turned into a coffee shop.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:42:49 AM EDT
[#27]
What about the Armadillo World Headquarters, or Antone's in Austin?  Those places launched a hundred music careers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 2:59:36 AM EDT
[#28]
No Schroeder Hall, John T. Floores, Brewster street in Corpus, Fitzgerald's in Htown. this list sucks and looks like the person that made it only lives for DFW and Austin...
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:29:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Is the Bluebonnet Palace in Selma still around? I used to love that place.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:29:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What about the Armadillo World Headquarters, or Antone's in Austin?  Those places launched a hundred music careers.
View Quote

Came here to post both of those. Though the Armadillo is long gone.

I'd add Steamboat to the list as well.

Hole In The Wall as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:42:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Ummmmm, Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth, anyone?? Firehouse Saloon in Houston? Mo's in Katy? The original Gilley's in Pasadena? Goode's Armadillo Palace in Houston?

List sucks!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#32]
No good music out of Texas since SRV
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:43:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Is the Bluebonnet Palace in Selma still around? I used to love that place.
View Quote

No, I think it's a church now, or at least it used to be.

The Mohawk in Austin has had some pretty decent shows lately.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:50:29 AM EDT
[#34]
I like Trees in Dallas.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Why no fitzgeralds? Oh maybe they asked the mayors opinion.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Trees really should have been on that list. I live near Denton and never heard of the two places that made the list from there. I use to spend a ton of time in Deep Ellum in the early 2000s and Trees was the best. It felt great to go back there once they reopened, and I can't wait to get into the Bomb Factory when Ministry comes to town.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 6:24:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Billy Bob's in Fort Worth was great back in the 80's-90's.  Had a buddy with a Winnebago with a pull-out side room (that right there will tell ya how long ago this was) that we'd take to Billy Bob's and camp on the parking lot for the entire weekend.  The music and the beer was great and the chicks were everywhere.

dp
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i saw the toadies at the bomb factory newyears eve '99, lot of fun. So was trees and Sons of Hermann Hall as mentioned
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
No Schroeder Hall, John T. Floores, Brewster street in Corpus, Fitzgerald's in Htown. this list sucks and looks like the person that made it only lives for DFW and Austin...
View Quote

Schroeder Hall is just up the road from me, local bands and a few old-time big names still play there. Second oldest dance hall in Texas.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ummmmm, Billy Bob's Texas in Fort Worth, anyone?? Firehouse Saloon in Houston? Mo's in Katy? The original Gilley's in Pasadena? Goode's Armadillo Palace in Houston?

List sucks!
View Quote

The original Gilley's is long since gone. Houston Chronicle had an article in 2013 where Gilley said he wanted to open a new club in Pasadena, and was looking for investors.

Armadillo Palace is still open on Kirby.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Trees really should have been on that list. I live near Denton and never heard of the two places that made the list from there. I use to spend a ton of time in Deep Ellum in the early 2000s and Trees was the best. It felt great to go back there once they reopened, and I can't wait to get into the Bomb Factory when Ministry comes to town.
View Quote

So you live under a rock right off I-35?

Dan's Silverleaf is probably the most prominent venue in Denton.  I caught Snarky Puppy there a while back and it was AWESOME!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 6:34:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The original Gilley's is long since gone. Houston Chronicle had an article in 2013 where Gilley said he wanted to open a new club in Pasadena, and was looking for investors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

List sucks!

While Gilley's has been long gone, it still put Pasadena on the map for live music, and helped to propel John Travolta's movie career.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top