Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
which is better?
View Quote

At what?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used both to open beer bottles, that's where the Glock really shines.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Glock has my vote.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Shield is better at being slim, Glock is better at holding 10 rounds
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like glocks but I also really like how slim my shield is for carry. I'm going with shield on this one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lock'r down boys. We got our answer
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty much.  I went with the Glock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#9]
P938
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I shot one of these back in September and it felt like I was holding a square box in my hand. Lots of give from side to side.
That being said, I flat out nailed the first two rounds out, hitting straight on either side of the X by about 1/2 an inch.

Can someone tell me what the MAX capacity is for the mag?  Is it 10 or do they make something larger that fits flush with the bottom?  I was in CA when I shot it and know their stupid "rules".
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock 26 here. Also, it carries 15 rounds if you want it to.

All glock 9mm shine, because of interchangeable mags.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I am a Glock guy and I will tell you this.  Which do you like the feel and shoot best is the answer to your question.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All glock 9mm shine are wider than they should be, because of interchangeable stupid thick plastic mags.
View Quote

FIFY  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

All Glock 9mm magazines are interchangeable because Glock doesn't offer a single stack 9mm pistol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:35:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I shot one of these back in September and it felt like I was holding a square box in my hand. Lots of give from side to side.

That being said, I flat out nailed the first two rounds out, hitting straight on either side of the X by about 1/2 an inch.

Can someone tell me what the MAX capacity is for the mag?  Is it 10 or do they make something larger that fits flush with the bottom?  I was in CA when I shot it and know their stupid "rules".
View Quote
You can get a 12 round with extended base plate for your hand, or go 15 with a glock 19 mag which isn't flush. The larger ones also fit, but at that point of the glock 17 mag with 17 rounds it's getting a bit too long.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:37:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I voted M&P and I'm a die hard Glock fan. The M&P disappears under my clothes. Glock needs a single stack 9.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You can get a 12 round with extended base plate for your hand, or go 15 with a glock 19 mag which isn't flush. The larger ones also fit, but at that point of the glock 17 mag with 17 rounds it's getting a bit too long.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 26 is closer in size to the M&P9c, fwiw.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#18]
This shit again?

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Just got this in an email

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Smith-Wesson-SW-MP-Shield-9mm-Compact-Pistol-p/180021.htm

$330 with free shipping you're welcome.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:38:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I already own multiple Glocks, and chose them because of just that--capacity. G23, G26, G19

I just don't know that 12 would be enough where I'm living.  Don't ask...Yes, Crime here IS that bad, and we're seeing "large group" issues.  

I've thought about buying one just because it's slimmer and smaller.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I can conceal a G26 just as well as a Shield, so for me there's no reason to sacrifice the extra firepower. The Shield is thinner than the G26, but it's also taller, which is usually what determines concealability for most people.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Very apples to oranges comparison.

Single vs double stack pistols.

If you can live with 7 to 8 rounds go with the Shield. It's very reliable and shoots well. Good trigger.

If you feel you need more than that go with a double stack G26.

To help you make your decision take into account the presence of gangs in your AO (ie multiple attacker likelihood) and perhaps ask some friends in law enforcement what the garden variety assault are in your area. My local paper will publish the criminal convictions and that helps me keep track of what kind of common threats are out there.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:40:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

A succinct and accurate answer in GD.  Strange days indeed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:41:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I can conceal a G26 just as well as a Shield, so for me there's no reason to sacrifice the extra firepower. The Shield is thinner than the G26, but it's also taller, which is usually what determines concealability for most people.
View Quote

And you just know I need that "extra firepower".  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you like AIWB carry, the available manual safety might be a thing to consider [yeah yeah yeah this is my safety crowd]

ETA shield Ergos>Glock "grip"
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

With a good belt and holster the Glock will do anything you need a Shield for except be single stack.  

Plus it takes its big brother's mags and the Shield doesn't.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I already own multiple Glocks, and chose them because of just that--capacity. G23, G26, G19

I just don't know that 12 would be enough where I'm living.  Don't ask...Yes, Crime here IS that bad, and we're seeing "large group" issues.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The nice thing with another glock is you will already have the muscle memory, and all those mags in 9mm will work which is a bonus.

When I choose to carry on my ankle, I can easily carry the 26 with a 15 round mag in cargo style pants, and it can't be seen, and it doesn't bother me or get caught on anything.

In the waste depends on the person, but it's better to go flush probably with 10 to 12 rounds which works.

It really depends on how you carry, what you wear etc. Different situations I'm sure the M&P may be better, but overall I like glocks for their modularity, and higher limit mag availability.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#28]
G19 is the correct answer.

But given the OP restraints, G26 because 11 rounds is better than 8.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

All Glock 9mm magazines are interchangeable because Glock doesn't offer a single stack 9mm pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

(snicker)

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 4:59:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Glock 26 my Shields magazine release has rust on it...

Went to clean it today and magazine release was stuck so I pressed down really hard and finally it dropped the magazine. Going to call S&W next week.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Was going to say the same thing....I like the slimmer shield.  If I am going to double stack, I go glock 19.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Glock has my vote.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:06:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

13 rounds is better than 11 rounds. Get the M&P9c.....oh, wait, you can't shoot it.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:06:51 PM EDT
[#35]
That Shield has got quite a following. I've handled on and shot one. I have to say, it was pretty darn nice!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:07:27 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
This, I have no trouble concealing a 19 IWB and would much rather have the increased capacity.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

13 rounds is better than 11 rounds. Get the M&P9c.....oh, wait, you can't shoot it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Garbage gun, I tell you. It's cursed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:13:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This, I have no trouble concealing a 19 IWB and would much rather have the increased capacity.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I carry mine IWB with an X300U, and conceals just fine without printing wearing anything bigger than a plain t shirt. A good belt and holster makes all the difference in the world.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, I was hoping you'd be a good sport. Some people would flip their shit, even at good-natured ribbing.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:16:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I really like glocks but I also really like how slim my shield is for carry. I'm going with shield on this one.
View Quote

This. Don't really have a use for the 26....
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#41]
G 26

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Beretta Nano
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:21:14 PM EDT
[#43]
i have tiny paws. m&p shield fits like a glove
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:24:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I voted M&P and I'm a die hard Glock fan. The M&P disappears under my clothes. Glock needs a single stack 9.
View Quote

Aren't they supposed to be coming out with one within the next 12-18 months?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

LOL, I was hoping you'd be a good sport. Some people would flip their shit, even at good-natured ribbing.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I knew this was a 13er before I opened the thread.  

To give you more information since your question has never been asked at least 100 times, you should also add... .45 vs 9mm vs .40 and beans and no beans to your poll.

I carry the 26, the shield was nice but the Glock just felt better to me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#47]
As a lefty, I went with the G26 because I could reverse the mag catch. Far as I know, the Shield still doesn't have a reversible mag catch or else I probably would have gotten it instead. If they ever put a reversible mag catch on the Shield, I will buy one, but will still keep the G26, it's just such an awesome little pistol.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I have both.  I carry the G26 everyday and the Shield stays at home.  I will probably sell it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that the Shield is slimmer but the G26 gives you more rounds with a gun that is much smaller in height (which, for me is the most important dimension for CC).  A Shield with the 8 round mag is freaking huge in comparison.  Also, the G26 gives you magazine options (10, 15, 17, 33 rounds, etc.).
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Glock has my vote.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top