BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't matter

It's a point of honor

An honorable man would not go after a fallen comrades wife and children regardless of his own bruised ego.

Jessie Ventura is a turd because he has no honor not because he was right.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
He won because his lawyers convinced a jury that he should win, which is the ONLY reason anyone ever wins anything in a court of law.

Now, do you think that some harsh words and a punch in the nose is worth $1.8 million?

Also, Ventura is still out there running his mouth about a dead man. This latest example is from just yesterday. What a class act--sue the estate of a dead man over a barroom scrape, then go to the media and talk about how that dead man was a liar and the movie about him is 100% made up.

Ventura can rot as far as I'm concerned. Just a bitter old man whose time has long since passed but he can't stand not being in the spotlight.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Because Chris Kyle is dead and could not defend himself?
View Quote

He was alive for part of it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Doesn't matter

It's a point of honor

An honorable man would not go after a fallen comrades wife and children regardless of his own bruised ego.
View Quote
An honorable man would never lie in the first place forcing a comrade to file suit against you.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
To me it doesn't matter if Kyle lied or not...once he died, Ventura should have let bygones be bygones.  But no, typical of him, he proves he's an asshole and goes after the Estate/Kyle's widow.  You CAN be technically right and yet still dead wrong.
View Quote

An even bigger asshole would not settle a lawsuit he is certain to lose and risk his family's well being. Especially when he knows his story is all made up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He won because his lawyers convinced a jury that he should win, which is the ONLY reason anyone ever wins anything in a court of law.

Now, do you think that some harsh words and a punch in the nose is worth $1.8 million?

View Quote

None of it happened.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

I'd say I think Ventura is an idiot...but no one will make it past the first three sentences without their panties getting in a twist and railing off on an emotional outburst about how I'm a bad American because I don't believe the hype on this silly shit. Dude did good shit in country. Tried to do good shit at home.... it's sad.
View Quote

1. $500k for defamation.

2. $1,345,000 for unjust enrichment for making money off of a book in which he told a lie about Ventura.

Kyle's books says that he punched "a celebrity" at the bar and does not mention Ventura by name (I've read the book--it doesn't).

How can Ventura say that Kyle deprived Ventura of $1.345 million by putting that anecdote, which does not mention Ventura, in his book?

I'd also be very interested in having someone else publicly shout lies about me all day long if I can get that kind of paycheck out of it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Dude told a lie to sell books. Said lie cost other dude money and resulted in liar gaining more money. Wrong was committed. Regardless of the unfortunate events following the suit, ventura's livelihood still took a hit whether or not you agree with his beliefs. But of course.... this America...where people are only okay if they believe the same shit you do.

I'd say I think Ventura is an idiot...but no one will make it past the first three sentences without their panties getting in a twist and railing off on an emotional outburst about how I'm a bad American because I don't believe the hype on this silly shit. Dude did good shit in country. Tried to do good shit at home.... it's sad.
View Quote

I'd still like to see that part proven.

JV damaged his credibitlity and money earning potential all on his own with his prior attitude and behavior (like that retarded conspiracy theory show he did).  Also by continuing with the lawsuit probably did more damage to his earning potential than the lies CK told.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:08:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
An honorable man would never lie in the first place forcing a comrade to file suit against you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter

It's a point of honor

Read the third sentence again for possible penetration
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:10:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter

It's a point of honor

View Quote

I guess.

Of course, I don't think it's right for the poor widow to still be trying to milk the cash cow either.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Hold the trial in Texas instead of the Liberal state where JV was a Governor and see what happens.

What kind of jury pool do you get in the land of Al Franken?

hint

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

None of it happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of it happened.

I've been punched in the nose more than a few times, had people say some pretty horrible things to me, and have even been lied about many times in my life.

Never did it cost me a single dime.

Let's assume that Ventura is telling the absolute truth and that everything Kyle said was a lie. Is it conceivable to you that Kyle's telling this lie actually damaged Ventura to the tune of $1.345 million? How did Ventura's team figure out that Kyle made $1.345 million by telling that lie?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've been punched in the nose more than a few times, had people say some pretty horrible things to me, and have even been lied about many times in my life.

Let's assume that Ventura is telling the absolute truth and that everything Kyle said was a lie. Is it conceivable to you that Kyle's telling this lie actually damaged Ventura to the tune of $1.345 million? How did Ventura's team figure out that Kyle made $1.345 million by telling that lie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of it happened.

Did that woman's Hoo-Hah really sustain $1 million in damages by getting hot McDonalds coffee dumped on it?

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Chris Kyle=hero who sometimes acted like an asshole and sometimes made shit up.

Jesse "the mind" Ventura=asshole who made shit up all the time, spoke out of his ass, and demanded special attention because he was a SEAL (or at least felt that his training meant he can call himself one), and sued a widow while her husband's body was still warm.

Therefore Kyle>Ventura.
View Quote

Pretty good summary.  Kyle was much less of a douche, and gets a pass on some of the doucheness the way he was murdered.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:15:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess.

Of course, I don't think it's right for the poor widow to still be trying to milk the cash cow either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter

It's a point of honor

I guess.

Kyle himself sold the movie rights about a year before he died, did he not? I don't know who should get the money if not his estate (assuming you're talking about the movie, that is--maybe there's something else I don't know about).
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Did that woman's Hoo-Hah really sustain $1 million in damages by getting hot McDonalds coffee dumped on it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of it happened.

Exactly my point. Do you not think that, in both cases, the judgments are a little ridiculous regardless of who wronged whom?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Kyle himself sold the movie rights about a year before he died, did he not? I don't know who should get the money if not his estate (assuming you're talking about the movie, that is--maybe there's something else I don't know about).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't matter

It's a point of honor

I guess.

I don't see her saying "I don't deserve to keep this." and handing it off to anywhere like Wounded Warriors.

Unless I missed something (which could certainly be).

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Exactly my point. Do you not think that, in both cases, the judgments are a little ridiculous regardless of who wronged whom?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of it happened.

Sure they're ridiculous judgments. The numbers aren't intended to represent actual damages though.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree.  

Jesse Ventura is an idiot, but I don't think he is in the wrong here.  The fact that Kyle died does not negate the effect his lie had on Ventura's reputation or part of the fame (and money) Kyle's estate gained.  I believe most people here, if victim of fraud, would continue a lawsuit against the defendant's estate even if the defendant himself passed away.  (This is a civil case, not criminal.  It is not as if Kyle's widow will serve jail time because of her husband's lie.)
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:20:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
After seeing him riding in a golf cart at TPC Twin Cities cursing at the maybe 12 year old boy driving him I pretty much lost all respect.

View Quote

Who knew the CK played golf?  Or was he just riding around?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:24:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Because you can be right.....and still be very wrong.
View Quote
Many times our heros are flawed.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:25:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ventura can be legally right but still a douche bag.

He should have dropped the suit when Chris Kyle died. Put out a statement about "out of respect for the dead and his loved ones...". It would have been honorable, it would outweigh anything Chris Kyle accused him of.

But noooooo. He had to go right on being a douchebag.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That would have ben quite noble.

Do you think his attorneys would have been so impressed by his nobility that they would have simply written off the bill for their work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He should have dropped the suit when Chris Kyle died. Put out a statement about "out of respect for the dead and his loved ones...". It would have been honorable, it would outweigh anything Chris Kyle accused him of.

Do you think his attorneys would have been so impressed by his nobility that they would have simply written off the bill for their work?

No, of course not, but doing the right thing is not always the easist, or cheapest thing.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:27:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Minnesota jury.  Look at who they elected as United States Senators. The population is largely made up of retards.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#25]
The rest of the story is that, like him or not, Jesse Ventura was welcome in the SEAL community and accepted as a SEAL. After Kyle said things about Jesse he became a persona non grata in the SEAL community. No matter what your thoughts about both guys it boils down to one SEAL vet lying his ass off about another SEAL and ruining his reputation to sell books. Kyle may have made some decent shots and killed some bad guys, but he was also a straight up lying buddyfucker. And spare me about "going after a widow" because the proceeds were supposed to go to charity anyway.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Juries always make the right call.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Civil suits don't work the same as a criminal prosecution does.  You only have to prove two things to win your case.  51% culpability and losing revenue as a result of slander/ libel/ whatever.  Say I made my living off my face and personality (which is a stretch, but lets keep this furball rolling) on the television.  Now I get into a scrape with Aimless and Aimless goes on a few radio shows and says I talked shit about service members dying and he put me on my ass.

Now say I have a contract to talk about tinfoil, free energy based weapons and crab people on the tv and the network people pull that contract due to bad press that I bring in.  I have now lost revenue.  So I go to a lawfirm and say that what Aimless said is bs and I have lost money as a result.  

So Aimless can not prove what he said happened, and as a point he says that the altercation didn't happen.  Aimless is more than 51% guilty of being the cause of my lost revenue, so I win.

Now with all of that shit set aside, Ventura needs to die in a fire.  I want to petition to have his ugly mug removed from the state senate.  He is such a pompous douche.  He is an embarassment and should be shunned like the leech he is.

FJV, FEH, FBHO
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
If Kyle lied, the right thing would have been to have the defendant pay only the legal fees + $1.

View Quote

Why?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Only on GD:

Non Vet claims to be military =  stolen Valor and person should be jailed
Vet lies to sell books =  mass approval because he is a Seal, his actions should have no consequences

JV hires a lawyer to defend a public slander Case and his proven Correct =  he is a douche who should choke himself and never hired a lawyer
Someone's car/gun/iphone/dildo is accidentally damage by some else = hire a lawyer and sue their ass and scorched earth

Disclaimer.....i dislike every case of stolen Valor I read about

And if the widow profited in anyway from the sale of said book and movie she is a target
View Quote

I agree completely. But, I don’t understand the fawning admiration for a liar.  We know CK lied about JV.  We know he lied about sniping people in NO.  But, are supposed to believe everything else that he says.  Sorry, lie to me once, shame on you.  Lie to me twice shame on me.  Lie to me repeatedly and if I’m a GDer, I’ll kiss your butt on Main Street at noon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:41:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Minnesota jury.  Look at who they elected as United States Senators. The population is largely made up of retards.
View Quote

Hey I resemble that remark.

Its mainly the Iron range and the cities area that are full on retard.  I live and work with a lot of conservative personnel.  Its just we don't have to voting base with all the FSA and the Somali population here.  I would like to move, but the sammich maker is from here and what she says goes.  Sad really cause I really wanted a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:41:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Is it acceptable to send JV a special gift from SKD or shipadick.com?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Guys,

I do not know much about the case.

All I know are the basics and that he won......and that the widow is appealing the decision.

Is all of the Ventura hate due to the fact that the case was filed after Kyle's death?

I do not claim to know.

That's why I'm asking.
View Quote

OJ got off. He was found not guilty, but that didn't mean he was
innocent.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Is it acceptable to send JV a special gift from SKD or shipadick.com?
View Quote

poopsenders.com would be good as well
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Ventura should not be a poor man. If he is, he must be a bigger moron than I believe him to be.

The choice between paying that bill yourself or sticking it to a widow is a pretty easy one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ventura should not be a poor man. If he is, he must be a bigger moron than I believe him to be.

The choice between paying that bill yourself or sticking it to a widow is a pretty easy one.

The choice between not lying and leaving your widow to clean up your mess is an even easier one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:04:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The choice between not lying and leaving your widow to clean up your mess is an even easier one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An honorable man would let it go.

Further, an honorable man would not make the statements that Ventura has recently made.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:05:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.   Chris Kyle sure took the coward's way out.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hold the trial in Texas instead of the Liberal state where JV was a Governor and see what happens.

What kind of jury pool do you get in the land of Al Franken?

hint

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyMDEwNjk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTI4NDA2MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
View Quote

They dont have common law in Texas, or are you implying jurors would fuck Ventura because of who he is and not on the merits of the case?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually,  it is how it's supposed to work when McDs acted like jackoffs.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:10:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of it happened.

Likely lost business opportunities and loss of reputation. He was still seen as ok with the UDT and SSEAL community.  CK torpedoed that to make a few shekles.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Because Chris Kyle is dead and could not defend himself?
View Quote

This is the reason. Jesse Ventura is a puss.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:15:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He knew it was bullshit yet continued to defend his case. His family won the stupid prize, CK played the stupid game.

If Kyle hadn't thought to himself "If I continue this stupid bullshit and were to have a heart attack, my family would have to deal with all this crap. Maybe I should stop it now" he was an idiot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Was he ever able to explain why he lied?  

It just doesn't make sense to me. He was a hero in many ways, with I'm sure hundreds and hundreds of real stories to tell. Why make shit up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chris Kyle fabricated several stories. One of them involved Jesse the shitstain Ventura. That's why he won.

Did Chris ever specifically say it was Ventura?

Yes he did on the #1 cable news show in America. I watched it when it aired.

http://youtu.be/VU5MLcWXzfo

Video admitting it at link. Also said he sniped looters in New Orleans post Katrina and put a cap in two at a gas station. Both of them complete fabrications.

Kyle is still a hero to me, but he should have been ashamed to lie about these things. FWIW fuck ventura

Was he ever able to explain why he lied?  

It just doesn't make sense to me. He was a hero in many ways, with I'm sure hundreds and hundreds of real stories to tell. Why make shit up?

I've yet to find evidence that indicates Kyle directly said the last two--everything I've read is along the lines of "i talked to this guy who said Kyle said."
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Also, Ventura is still out there running his mouth about a dead man. This latest example is from just yesterday. What a class act--sue the estate of a dead man over a barroom scrape, then go to the media and talk about how that dead man was a liar and the movie about him is 100% made up.

Ventura can rot as far as I'm concerned. Just a bitter old man whose time has long since passed but he can't stand not being in the spotlight.

View Quote

Chris was not the man you thought he was.

Maybe Ventura won because he was in China during the time Chris says he punched him.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:17:39 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No, it wouldn't have. He'd still be the guy who Kyle accused of saying that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys and that got decked for it. Nobody would give a shit about why he dropped the lawsuit and there'd have still been a bestselling book spreading the lie without being disputed. Jesse could claim that it was all lies, but the natural response would be "Sure, it was all lies. That's why you dropped the lawsuit, right?".

Kyle fucked his family when he opted to use lies about another public figure to help secure their livelihood. Frankly, I'm amazed that his history of lying hasn't led to his claimed number of kills being questioned, especially since he describes himself in the book as a lucky guy who repeatedly had targets pop up after taking over for guys who hadn't seen anything all day.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ventura can be legally right but still a douche bag.

But noooooo. He had to go right on being a douchebag.

No, it wouldn't have. He'd still be the guy who Kyle accused of saying that the SEALs deserved to lose some guys and that got decked for it. Nobody would give a shit about why he dropped the lawsuit and there'd have still been a bestselling book spreading the lie without being disputed. Jesse could claim that it was all lies, but the natural response would be "Sure, it was all lies. That's why you dropped the lawsuit, right?".

Kyle fucked his family when he opted to use lies about another public figure to help secure their livelihood. Frankly, I'm amazed that his history of lying hasn't led to his claimed number of kills being questioned, especially since he describes himself in the book as a lucky guy who repeatedly had targets pop up after taking over for guys who hadn't seen anything all day.  

It doesn't matter. Tamponic shock has swept through the Kyle camp.

......SEAL........Mur'cuh.........sniper.........widow.........veh'trun.........

Its about feels with them. Not right or wrong, but feels.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It sure seemed to be a pretty easy decision for Jessie Ventura.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Guys,

I do not know much about the case.

All I know are the basics and that he won......and that the widow is appealing the decision.

Is all of the Ventura hate due to the fact that the case was filed after Kyle's death?

I do not claim to know.

That's why I'm asking.
View Quote

When in court the judge and jury typically rule based on the evidence presented in court. Often times that evidence is NOT what the rest of us outside of the court room see's or has access to. Sometimes they see more info than we do, often times not. Sometimes the result is that a verdict is rendered on incomplete information or was rendered due to the best story told in court.

In this case the verdict apparently fit the information and the story by Ventura's legal team that was presented in court. Did Kyle embellish or out right lie about what happened that night in the bar? Don't know, all we have is he said, he said accounts of that night. Kyle apparently has embellished other stories about his actions. Ventura himself brings his own baggage (of derp) to the table as well. As with many legal cases, only winners were the lawyers.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:19:28 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Maybe Ventura won because he was in China during the time Chris says he punched him.
View Quote

Ventura was at the same bar as Kyle.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of it happened.

Do you even discovery bro?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Sounds about right
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a lot of hate has to do with the fact that he's a faggot in every other aspect of his life too.

Sounds about right

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top