Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/28/2015 1:14:54 AM EDT
Vinpocetine.  Extract from the perriwinkle plant if I recall correctly.  This cured 99.999999% of my tinnitus as well as maybe 70-80% hearing loss in my left ear.  I took it for months and after my problem was fixed I stopped taking it (although there's no reason to, it is good for your brain as well, not just hearing) and the change back to healthy operation has been permanent.  This was back in 2012.  Just passing the info on to those that it may help.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:15:54 AM EDT
[#1]
In!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:16:37 AM EDT
[#2]
In to see if this is a spam thread.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Vinpocetine.  Extract from the perriwinkle plant if I recall correctly.  This cured 99.999999% of my tinnitus as well as maybe 70-80% hearing loss in my left ear.  I took it for months and after my problem was fixed I stopped taking it (although there's no reason to, it is good for your brain as well, not just hearing) and the change back to healthy operation has been permanent.  This was back in 2012.  Just passing the info on to those that it may help.
View Quote

I find it very hard to believe any hearing loss was actually regained. Do you know this because you were tested or just that you perceive it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
How many mg per day and how long did it take for improvement?

Thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Any side effects?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:19:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Intradasting.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any side effects?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Any side effects?

VINPOCETINE SIDE EFFECTS & SAFETY
Vinpocetine appears to be POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth appropriately. No significant harmful effects were reported in a study of people with Alzheimer's disease treated with large doses of vinpocetine (60 mg per day) for one year.

Vinpocetine can cause some side effects including stomach pain, nausea, sleep disturbances, headache, dizziness, nervousness, and flushing of the face.

Special Precautions & Warnings:
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking vipocetine if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Bleeding disorders: Don’t use vinpocetine if you have a problem with blood clotting because it might increase the risk of bleeding.

Weakened immune system: Vinpocetine might weaken the immune system in some people. This might reduce the body’s ability to fight infections. If you already have a weakened immune system due to other conditions such as HIV/AIDS or cancer treatment, check with your healthcare provider before using vinpocetine.

Surgery: Vinpocetine might slow blood clotting. There is a concern that it might increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using vinpocetine at least 2 weeks before you are scheduled for surgery.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-175-VINPOCETINE.aspx?activeIngredientId=175&activeIngredientName=VINPOCETINE

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this.
View Quote

I believe it was either 3mg or 3mcg, I usually took at least one per day, sometimes 2 or 3.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm skeptical...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#10]
It is impossible to regain hearing loss, but I'd give that shit a try to see if it makes the bweeeeeeeeee go away.

If I sleep without white noise (fan, AC, etc) I'd be willing to take a hammer to my head.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any side effects?
View Quote

I never noticed any, although it did have a subtle effect on my ability to concentrate and deal with tiredness (in a positive way)
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Vinpocetine can cause some side effects including stomach pain, nausea, sleep disturbances, headache, dizziness, nervousness, and flushing of the face.

No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#13]
I suppose since it isn't a specific brand name then he probably isn't spamming.

It isn't an approved pharmaceutical in the U.S. so treat it as any other dietaryl supplement.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Hearing gain could be the eeeeeeeeeeeee getting quieter and therefore, you can hear the hearing test tones at lower dbs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hearing gain could be the eeeeeeeeeeeee getting quieter and therefore, you can hear the hearing test tones at lower dbs.
View Quote

My tinnitus was pulsatile not the other kind where its a constant tone.  The hearing loss was basically most of the mid and high frequencies, all I could really hear was low frequencies.  It was frustrating to the point of driving me to tears.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:31:48 AM EDT
[#16]
This guy's a 15'er who has 15 posts and joined prolly 15 hours ago. Spam any ?

Stop with this. Someone delete this nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does it look like I'm selling anything?  Its not a brand, its an extract from a plant.  Take the info or leave it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:43:44 AM EDT
[#18]
No. I have had it for a long time and am used to it. I would be afraid of it coming back and taking me years to get used to it again. EMBRACE THE SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Does it look like I'm selling anything?  Its not a brand, its an extract from a plant.  Take the info or leave it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try it OP. Thanks for the info. By the way, don't pay any attention to the haters...they have always been here you know. They hate new people like us.    
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It is impossible to regain hearing loss, but I'd give that shit a try to see if it makes the bweeeeeeeeee go away.

If I sleep without white noise (fan, AC, etc) I'd be willing to take a hammer to my head.
View Quote

This is me.   A few explosions while fighting fires and my ears are toast.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:47:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'll try it OP. Thanks for the info. By the way, don't pay any attention to the haters...they have always been here you know. They hate new people like us.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's right, noobs never got picked on before 2013.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:48:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:49:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I believe it was either 3mg or 3mcg, I usually took at least one per day, sometimes 2 or 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this.

Its a good thing you don't sell/use hard drugs, you'd either OD or lose your ass on sales.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:49:53 AM EDT
[#24]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I fucking hate that shit.  Have to sleep with a fan at night, still hear it.  I can ignore it better now, but it still drives me crazy some days.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:55:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I fucking hate that shit.  Have to sleep with a fan at night, still hear it.  I can ignore it better now, but it still drives me crazy some days.

View Quote

Same here. Without a fan I don't sleep. My dad is from the old days (1930s), back then they didn't use hearing protection, if it was even available. He never thought to teach us about when we were growing up so now my hearing is shot to hell.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Its a good thing you don't sell/use hard drugs, you'd either OD or lose your ass on sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this.

I still have some of one bottle left somewhere, tomorrow I'll look for it
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:12:34 AM EDT
[#27]
So how do you know you hearing loss has been reversed? Have you been tested or is it simply your perception?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:14:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting this.

Good Lord man, get your numbers straight.  Huge difference there.  You're gonna wind up getting everyone strung out on your wonder drug.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#29]
I would literally take a hammer and smash my right nut, if it was 100% guaranteed to stop the damn ringing in my left ear.. 6 years of no silence sucks... Even with ear plus in EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. Drives me insane...
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:17:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Hmm.  Sleep without an exhaust fan blaring in the bathroom?

I am intrigued.

Damnit. These threads make the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE even louder.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:22:44 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I would literally take a hammer and smash my right nut, if it was 100% guaranteed to stop the damn ringing in my left ear.. 6 years of no silence sucks... Even with ear plus in EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.. Drives me insane...
View Quote

Suck it up, bro.  Try twenty six years of no silence, box-fan-sleeping.  Hell, my fan is on right now, and I still have ringing in the ear that's on the pillow.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#32]
I use my tinnitus to tune out the wife, why would I want to fix that????
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:26:39 AM EDT
[#33]
xxxxxxx
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:29:06 AM EDT
[#34]
I slept with a fan on every night even before I had it and I still do now.  I need the feeling and sound of moving air to sleep.  Even in the middle of winter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:29:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I love a good tinnitus thread.  Can't get rid of it now however.  I've come think of the constant ring in my ears as the only true friend that will be with me at the end.  We've been through too much together.   Proposed to my wife, it was there.  Birth of my daughter, it was there.  When we bought our home, you guessed it.  It was there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:37:11 AM EDT
[#37]
How does this make the hairs stand back up?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:45:58 AM EDT
[#38]
So how long before you noticed a real difference?

I'm about .2 seconds from ordering some just to try. The EEEEEEEE drives me insane, I'd beat puppies with a toaster if I could hear silence again
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So how long before you noticed a real difference?

I'm about .2 seconds from ordering some just to try. The EEEEEEEE drives me insane, I'd beat puppies with a toaster if I could hear silence again
View Quote

Must've been like 6 months or more, so don't expect it to work overnight
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:48:38 AM EDT
[#40]
In Before The Lock. 2015 account with 14 posts. SPAM!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:56:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Ive had it for many years.  Could be related to my UC and the meds I had to take....could be related to playing drums....dunno.  Left ear moderate to severe hearing loss, right ear moderate.
I need hearing aids, tried some, and hated that shit.  For $5k you'd think it would at least be high def lmao.

I've heard the drug "molly" can cure or curb it?  There were some studies done overseas.  I have not tried this....

Worst thing about tinnitus - when it changes fucking pitch.  I can get used to it, but now that I am typing this I am thinking about it and EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....

Fuck tinnitus.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

In Before The Lock. 2015 account with 14 posts. SPAM!
View Quote

Dude doesn't have a link to a specific company's product. I can't speak for what he's sharing but it does seem legit.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Listen to this guy, he's from parts unknown.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:27:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

In the last 15 hours or 15 posts what, of use to the membership, have you offered up out of a sense of good natured sharing?

Reconsider and research the information yourself or at least STFU.  

Thanks for sharing OP.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:25:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 4:35:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for reminding me why I'm awake at three thirty in the freakin morning eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:10:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Web MD

Insufficient Evidence for: Ringing in the ears (tinnitus). Some early research suggests that giving vinpocetine by mouth and intravenously (by IV) along with physiotherapy might reduce ringing in the ears. However, giving vinpocetine by IV appears to be less effective than the drug nicergoline in reducing ringing in the ears caused by intense sound.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 5:24:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Welp, there it is.  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#49]
A shot is how I got tinnitus in the first place.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:01:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In to see if this is a spam thread.
View Quote

He/She is a '15er It probably makes your pecker go limp.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top