View Quote

A WRX?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

OP publicly admits to owning a lesbians car ........................ just sayin
View Quote

The WRX is a hetero exception.   Its like a lowered version of a brodozer.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
All you dumbasses telling OP to lawyer up, as a lawyer I can tell you lawyers are fucking expensive.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If the dealer starts to put up a big fight, put it in your law suit that the dealer is responsible for all of your attorneys fees, otherwise you'll be getting a new car, as well as buying your attorney one!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The WRX is the hetero exception.   Its like a lowered version of a brodozer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The WRX is the hetero exception.   Its like a lowered version of a brodozer.

A rice-dozer

Still one of my favorite cars.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
diminished value even if they repair it
View Quote

1300 miles?  Yeah I'd demand a new replacement, if you keep it carfax will haunt you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
OP makes one post, there are 3 4 pages of "lawyer up," and/or "demand a new car," and/or "start raising hell."
- Lawyers cost money.
- There probably fine print in the service agreement protecting them from having to give away a new car if they damage a customer car that was brought in for service (there might even be signs posted by the counter).
- We don't know what state laws apply to OP's situation.
- We don't know what, if anything, the dealer has offered yet.

I'd be willing to bet that the best the OP is going to do is get a free loaner car while the dealership fixes it at their expense.
They might throw in some free oil changes or something, but other than that I'm guessing he's screwed, bet we need OP to follow up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Sorry OP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP why didn't you call the police and have them come write a report? Obviously they should be able to find hair and blood if it was a deer like another poster said.
View Quote

The OP shouldn't have to call anyone. Whoever crashed the car should have called the police on scene when it happened. I would call whichever department took the report and get a copy of it. If the dealership didn't call the Police after an impact like that I would be beyond angry.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

how in fuck does a 2015 car with 1300 miles have a CEL on it already?    unacceptable...   unless it was the gas cap

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you need to drive a new car to diagnose a check engine light? Isn't that all done with computers now?

You pull the code, repair, clear code then drive cycle to make sure the repair worked.
If you drive the car x amount of miles, that lets the ECU run/check to make sure it the fault is gone.

Sucks about your car. Hope they make things right.

how in fuck does a 2015 car with 1300 miles have a CEL on it already?    unacceptable...   unless it was the gas cap

You would be surprised at what these union auto workers and other fucking idiots do. I have torn numerous cars apart with less than 3 miles on them to find problems. Most recent ones, check engine light due to thermostat code. Pulled car apart and found....... No Thermostat!      

Door handle rods not connected.

New police vehicle with the horn going off as soon as it was off the truck, found a 1 inch extra nut behind the air bag causing the horn pad to short out.

it goes on and on
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My STi had more lockers than half the brodozers out there.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:48:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If that came from a deer, they were moving at trans-light speed. Impact doesn't look right. Looks more like they hit something solid at a slight angle. Deer wouldn't have caused the front bumper to deform (at least, it looks that way in the photo). Were there any snowdrifts around they could have plowed into at a decent speed? Worked a lot of deer hits, and that looks fishy from what little I can see.
View Quote

No, it's a plausible deer strike.  I hit one @ 1/4 mile from my house early one morning (0330) going to work; it came off the hill, jumped from the white line (left to right), landed  on my side of the double yellow line, and face planted on my hood.  Looked very similar.  They do some strange things......I've hit at least 3.  
I'd ask for a  copy of the police report and/or location and time of accident.  just in case someone was driving it home.
I vote for the new replacement; you brought a new undamaged car in; you should leave with one.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just sayin'.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry to hear about your loss OP. I've got a 2011 STi myself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP makes one post, there are 3 4 pages of "lawyer up," and/or "demand a new car," and/or "start raising hell."
- Lawyers cost money.
- There probably fine print in the service agreement protecting them from having to give away a new car if they damage a customer car that was brought in for service (there might even be signs posted by the counter).

I'd be willing to bet that the best the OP is going to do is get a free loaner car while the dealership fixes it at their expense.
They might throw in some free oil changes or something, but other than that I'm guessing he's screwed, bet we need OP to follow up.
View Quote

Raising 100,000 dollars worth of hell on social media and review sites is free.

And I, and I'm sure many other in this thread, are here to help
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
All you dumbasses telling OP to lawyer up, as a lawyer I can tell you lawyers are fucking expensive.
View Quote

You're right. OP just let the dealership lie and fuck you out of your brand new car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#18]
New car or lawyer up and get the local media involved.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's the number to cal (505) 503-4455
Better call Saul

ETA; That car did not hit a deer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:52:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The OP shouldn't have to call anyone. Whoever crashed the car should have called the police on scene when it happened. I would call whichever department took the report and get a copy of it. If the dealership didn't call the Police after an impact like that I would be beyond angry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP why didn't you call the police and have them come write a report? Obviously they should be able to find hair and blood if it was a deer like another poster said.

Police reports (& insurance claims) cause negative entries on Carfax reports.

Not sure why so many people demand a police report anyway - you sit on the side of the road for an hour waiting for a cop (who doesn't want to be there) to write down the same information that you could write down yourself in 5 minutes.
Since the cop wasn't an eyewitness & he's not bringing an accident investigation team with him his report is nothing more than a worthless piece of paper.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:53:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Fuck.

Do NOT be ok with them fixing it. Demand a new car. That one will always have a wrecked status on it's carfax.

Accept nothing less than a new vehicle, or a check that will cover 99% of a new one.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:53:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh, hit a deer here and it's between you and your insurance company.  No police report.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#23]
OP is going to wind up driving home a Family Truckster.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
- Lawyers cost money.

Raising hell, demanding, & threatening before finding out what they are going to do to fix your problem is never a good strategy...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#25]
New car or court...the dealer can take their pick.  No fixes, as you end up with a damaged car that will always show up on a report as wrecked.  Plus, if you have issues 4 years down the road, they wont fix them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Whole lot of fail in this thread. Easily looks like a deer hit, knocked the legs out from under it and onto the hood it went. You did sign a repair order when you dropped the car off at the dealership, didn't you? This gives them the authorization to repair your vehicle and test drive as necessary. Shit happens, cars get wrecked daily while being test driven. It doesn't sound as if the dealership has told you to go pound sand yet so why the fuck would you piss money away on a lawyer at this point. Seriously a bunch of sue happy fuggers in here...lol!

The car is brand new, very few insurance companies would attempt to write a claim on that car with used or aftermarket parts at this point. Not that you really want it repaired, you want it replaced. Regardless if the car were repaired to absolute perfection, it has still been damaged and their will be diminished value. This is what you need to focus on. As much damage as CarFax misses, still use that to your advantage in the diminished value issue.

Sit down with the dealer and their insurance adjuster to discuss getting a replacement car. Between the repair process, the diminished value claim, rental car reimbursement, bad publicity and such it could easily end up costing them more than just working with you and putting you into a replacement vehicle. Basically trade it in as is with no cost to you and leave with a smile on your face. If they tell you to fugg off, then maybe you consider getting that attorney.

Keep us updated, will be interested in how this turns out.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
looks like it went off the front of a lift and impacted with something like tool boxes as it fell nose first to the floor between the lift and the rear wall
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only 1300 miles on it.  It  had a check engine light.  I took it to the dealer to check it out.  Dealer allegedly hit a deer.

I feel like I'm going to get screwed.  i just want my nice new car back the way it was.  

http://i.imgur.com/zPvaNYl.jpg
looks like it went off the front of a lift and impacted with something like tool boxes as it fell nose first to the floor between the lift and the rear wall

No way, the bumper would be folded upwards. Plus cars are rear heavy on a lift and almost never come off the lift in the front. Normally the lift kicks out on the side causing the car to fall sideways. Dual post lifts the cars end up wedged, and usually causes more damage pulling them out. Single post lifts they usually end up shiny side down, or partially on top of the vehicle that is next too them.

Also classifies as a work place accident, and usually the insurance company for the shop notifies the customer before the vehicle is recovered from the bay. It is a rare occurrence when that happens, but work in a shop long enough you will see at least a couple.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote

And rarely work pd cases.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Be nice to the folks at the dealership!  Give them two options.  

1. New car.  

2. They repair your old car, and pay you cash for the diminished value.  

Send them a friendly letter.  Tell them that you are concerned that your car will be worth less after the accident, and that you could possibly have mechanical problems later on due to the crash.  Just ask them to explain how they are planning to make it right.  

(Purpose: just in case you sue, you want to make it sound like you were reasonable. )

They're going to want to get their body dept to fix it.  If so, then let them fix it, and then sue in Small Claims court for $5000 (or whatever).  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Ouch!

Hope it gets taken care of to your satisfaction and you show up with new wheels to the next shoot this summer!

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Freaking car dealerships.  

A coworker of mine just had to threaten to sue a dealership because they sold him a wrecked vehicle as new.  He found out by chance because he wanted to see what he could on trade, for shits and giggles.  The Autocheck came back with accident damage.  At a minimum, he was looking at a diminished value lawsuit.  At the maximum, he was looking at reporting the dealership for fraud since the damage exceeded the total allowed by State law to sell a vehicle as new.

The resolution...  The dealership purchased his truck and he is now in a different vehicle all together.

What did I learn from all this?  I'm shocked that the dealership can sell ANY damaged vehicle as new as long as the damage doesn't exceed a certain amount of the value of the vehicle and there is a State Law that addresses this percentage.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
OP makes one post, there are 3 pages of "lawyer up" and/or "demand a new car."
- Lawyers cost money.

View Quote

NO…. well, I don't know about Ohio but in PA and NC for example, YOU get to pick where your car gets fixed. OP will probably be able to take it to any body shop of his choice….. not the dealerships choice….. and I damn sure would not let them fix it under any circumstances.

There are states that require any damage that totals over 25% of the cars value to be listed somewhere….. can't remember if it is on the title or where but dealerships have access to the information and they check when you go to trade  in. I traded a car once and they asked me if it was ever wrecked and I told them yes and what the damage was ……….. they already knew about it from the records.

Anyway, if this is the case in OH, this accident is probably going to follow that car around.  This would be a negotiating tool in the event the dealership acts  up.  The OP would get the actual damages and depreciation ( if that is the correct word).

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't know where to begin, and since it isn't my responsibility to try to explain how shit works in the real world to people who don't care to understand anyways, I'm not going to.  

OP: sucks to hear about your new car.  I hope that everything turns out in an acceptable fashion for you.  Shit happens.  Its why dealers carry insurance.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:58:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If that came from a deer, they were moving at trans-light speed. Impact doesn't look right. Looks more like they hit something solid at a slight angle. Deer wouldn't have caused the front bumper to deform (at least, it looks that way in the photo). Were there any snowdrifts around they could have plowed into at a decent speed? Worked a lot of deer hits, and that looks fishy from what little I can see.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Not sure why so many people demand a police report anyway - you sit on the side of the road for an hour waiting for a cop (who doesn't want to be there) to write down the same information that you could write down yourself in 5 minutes.
Since the cop wasn't an eyewitness & he's not bringing an accident investigation team with him his report is nothing more than a worthless piece of paper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fine, but how will that work with the insurance company if the dealer tells the OP "Sorry not our problem that's what your car insurance is for." Can the OP just call his insurance and say, yeah some unknown tech at ABC dealership smashed my car? I can just see the insurance company giving him problems.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#36]
did they tell you what was the original cause the check engine light?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:00:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Demand a new one.  Don't let them fix it.

Lawyer up if need be.
View Quote

this.
fixing it leaves a depreciated value.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:02:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Whole lot of fail in this thread. Easily looks like a deer hit, knocked the legs out from under it and onto the hood it went. You did sign a repair order when you dropped the car off at the dealership, didn't you? This gives them the authorization to repair your vehicle and test drive as necessary. Shit happens, cars get wrecked daily while being test driven. It doesn't sound as if the dealership has told you to go pound sand yet so why the fuck would you piss money away on a lawyer at this point. Seriously a bunch of sue happy fuggers in here...lol!

The car is brand new, very few insurance companies would attempt to write a claim on that car with used or aftermarket parts at this point. Not that you really want it repaired, you want it replaced. Regardless if the car were repaired to absolute perfection, it has still been damaged and their will be diminished value. This is what you need to focus on. As much damage as CarFax misses, still use that to your advantage in the diminished value issue.

Sit down with the dealer and their insurance adjuster to discuss getting a replacement car. Between the repair process, the diminished value claim, rental car reimbursement, bad publicity and such it could easily end up costing them more than just working with you and putting you into a replacement vehicle. Basically trade it in as is with no cost to you and leave with a smile on your face. If they tell you to fugg off, then maybe you consider getting that attorney.

Keep us updated, will be interested in how this turns out.

Spent two minutes on the phone with my daughter who is an attorney and this is almost exactly what she said.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP is going to wind up driving home a Family Truckster.
View Quote

Oh, you think you hate it now.   Just wait 'til you drive it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
This..    

Who in the bloody blue fuck crashes a customer car into a fucking deer? How would you be test driving a car long enough for this to happen?

I would get a lawyer RFN and sic him on their insurance adjuster.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Demand a new one.  Don't let them fix it.

Lawyer up if need be.
This..    

Who in the bloody blue fuck crashes a customer car into a fucking deer? How would you be test driving a car long enough for this to happen?

I would get a lawyer RFN and sic him on their insurance adjuster.

This and demand the car back so they can't wipe the computer

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah... I'd be getting a new car from them for sure.

View Quote

This times a million.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly.

As I said earlier, I hit a deer going 45 MPH or so at time of impact and my car which is very close to that WRX in size, shape and height looked almost exactly like that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Will op deliver?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

It was not a CEL.   It ended up being the deer sensor.   It works fine.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:06:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
diminished value even if they repair it
View Quote

This.  Demand a new car.  They can repair and resell it if they want but you should not suffer the loss, they should.  Also it's fucked up enough that I wouldn't want it back even if I was the one driving.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Sorry dude.  I hope that it all works out in your favor.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Can they tell you the time and place it happened?  Is there a police report?  Then I suppose you might be able to ask them for the data from the car's "black box" if it has one.  Supposedly many manufacturers are putting those in that record just basic data like seat belts on, airbag deployment, brakes applied, speed, etc.  If you ask these questions in the right order so as to not divulge your intent, 1) knowing the speed limit where the wreck supposedly happened, 2) with the black box data in hand, and you find out they were exceeding the speed limit as well, it might leverage your request to get them to replace it if they think you will lawyer up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:08:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why would you need to drive a new car to diagnose a check engine light? Isn't that all done with computers now?
View Quote

Lol.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#50]
In for details
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top