Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 41
Posted: 1/27/2015 8:47:10 PM EDT
I"M GETTING A NEW CAR at no cost to me!!!! It's over!

[COLOR="Blue"]02/02/2015 UPDATE:

SOA has gotten involved and the dealer is making it right.  I will receive a brand new 2015 WRX at zero cost to my self. Thank you for your support.  You made this happen. : )
[/COLOR]

02/05/2015 UPDATE from Adventure Subaru:

Adventure Subaru of Ohio would like to update those of you concerned with the recent experience and status of our WRX customer. We have ordered a new 2015 Subaru WRX to his specifications, and the vehicle is being fast tracked for build and shipment to us. We have provided him with a new vehicle in the meantime to minimize his transportation inconvenience.

We regret deeply that this accident happened, and are working hard to resolve this and make our customer whole.

For those of you that posted reviews and comments, please be aware that there is an Adventure Subaru in Arkansas, and they are a separate organization from us. We do not share the same owner or management. We just happen to share the same name and love for being a part of Subaru of America. If you posted a negative review or comment, please check that it is not for their dealership. They have done nothing to deserve repercussions for a situation that occurred at our dealership.

Original Story with updates:

I had my new WRX with 1300 miles throw a CEL. Code scanner says P0390 & P0391. I'm concerned. It's brand new, I broke it in according to the manual. I take good care of it.

I take the car to Adventure Subaru in Mentor , OH. I speak with a service adviser, REDACTED. It's been there since Friday 01/23/2015. I FB message the service adviser today to ask the status of my car. He tells me he needs to have a tech take my car home overnight for testing and that it is OK with Subaru and my warranty. I get a call an hour later from him stating that he hit a deer. (He also told me at a later date that he was traveling at no more than 25 MPH.) As far as I know he is not a mechanic, just a service rep. Why is he driving my car?

Then I go to the dealer and talk to the GM, Scott on 1/27 sometime after 6 pm. He says that MY insurance will need to handle the claim as it was a deer strike.
I go around back of the dealer to take pictures of my car and I notice that it is in an uncontrolled parking lot and unlocked. The front end is heavily damaged as shown in the video. Then I notice there are college books on the passenger side floorboard. It seems my car became the service adviser's commuter toy. I have admissions from the service adviser and the management that he was on his way to class when he crashed my car.

I was at first promised to be put in a new car, when I spoke with the owner on Wednesday 1/28. However as of Friday 1/30 the owner is now stonewalling and saying they "might" be able to help me with a trade in.  
Friday 1/30 the owner calls me around 10pm and berates me about posts and messages he is receiving from the internet.  He states that he has deep pockets and his partner is a lawyer.  He goes on to further state that he will keep me in an out of court, right or wrong, for the rest of my life because my story is hurting his business.

Sunday 02/01 I start receiving text messages threatening a libel suit from the owner.  I explain to him that I will not be intimidated by such threats and that truth is an absolute defense to libel.  I receive a call from the owner and we come to an agreement that I will receive a replacement brand new 2015 WRX at zero cost to me.  We agree to meet on Monday to finalize the matter.

Monday 02/02 we meet and settle the matter.  I sign my car over to the dealer.  We put the new vehicle on order, wife opts for blue (no cost difference), I also order a SPT short throw sti shifter to be installed at MY cost, not the dealers.  I am put in a 2015 Chrysler 200s at no cost to me until my car is delivered. I was previously in a 2015 Legacy loaner. It's now just a waiting game until I receive my new car.  

This link below is a video walk through of the damage and whatnot.

This link below is a video walk through of the damage and whatnot.

I did a little digging.  Here are Screencaps of the service advisor's driving record.  I just checked 3 local courts.  I do not have access to a state database there may be more or less:

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Demand a new one.  Don't let them fix it.

Lawyer up if need be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit! Are you serious?!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
get a new car then. cause Even if they fix it, it won't be 100% ever again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah... I'd be getting a new car from them for sure.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Call your insurance agent, and maybe a lawyer just in case.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
New car. Period.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, you're fucked.

If insurance gets involved, it'll be repair only.

Squeezing a new one out of them will be rough.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:49:52 PM EDT
[#8]
New car or see you in court. Nothing else.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#9]
any blood on it..any fur?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lawyer up if need be.
View Quote
This..

Who in the bloody blue fuck crashes a customer car into a fucking deer? How would you be test driving a car long enough for this to happen?

I would get a lawyer RFN and sic him on their insurance adjuster.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Lawyer up if need be.
View Quote

THIS!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#13]
What was their story on how it happened?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Demand a new car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Fuck.

Do NOT be ok with them fixing it. Demand a new car. That one will always have a wrecked status on it's carfax.

Accept nothing less than a new vehicle, or a check that will cover 99% of a new one.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:51:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Beyond words.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#17]
And what time of day did this happen? I am willing to bet that the tech took the car out for a joy ride. Just tell them to cut you a check for the car.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:52:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Why would you need to drive a new car to diagnose a check engine light? Isn't that all done with computers now?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#19]
That's one way to take care of a check engine light.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep, new car.  They can keep that one.  Repaired cars are never the same.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Would be nice to depose all the witnesses and see what really happened.... dollars to donuts, somebody at the dealership was joyriding in it and lost control.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you get to keep the venison?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]
You are going to want to burn down that dealership by the time you get this resolved (if you do)....

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow that sucks!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#25]
It happens.

A local Subaru dealer rolled a brand new WRX on a test drive on a twisty road. With the potential buyer as the passenger.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Sweet...congrats on the new 2015 WRX.

Seriously...as stated...no other acceptable option.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Who got the meat?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Remember even if they fix it, there will be a significant lost in value due to the crash....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Lawyer up.  If it goes to court, rent a billboard with a picture of the car and a description of what happened and how they are treating you as close to the dealership as possible. Also get an ad put in the local paper.

Anything less than a new car is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#30]
This, they wrecked it, they own it. It will never track the same again.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Police report of the accident?

New car or call whoever your local TV station is that handles scammers and the like.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#32]
No front end damage and the windshield is good???

Looks like something fell on it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:55:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This..    

Who in the bloody blue fuck crashes a customer car into a fucking deer? How would you be test driving a car long enough for this to happen?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lawyer up if need be.
This..    

Jesus.

Do you think deer collect data on automobiles before they jump in front of them?

Or do you think people decide to run into deer?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would you need to drive a new car to diagnose a check engine light? Isn't that all done with computers now?
View Quote

You pull the code, repair, clear code then drive cycle to make sure the repair worked.
If you drive the car x amount of miles, that lets the ECU run/check to make sure it the fault is gone.

Sucks about your car. Hope they make things right.

ETA: It might just be the angle of the pic but it looks like the drivers side of the car is now significantly shorter then the passenger side. If the airbags went off, they might not be repairing that one.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#35]
When they refuse, your attorney will have a field day with them.  Pls be sure to post regular updates OP.

(And this IS a "tag".)
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Damn dude.

Lawyer up.

Side note, I once wrecked a brand new wrx on a test drive.

Well, the unlicensed driver who rear ended me going 50mph at a red light technically wrecked it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#37]
diminished value even if they repair it
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Find a consumer law attorney who has had success suing dealerships for fraud.  Especially one who believes in filing discovery with the lawsuit and deposing people quickly.

Somebody at this dealership is covering their ass.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:47 PM EDT
[#39]
If that came from a deer, they were moving at trans-light speed. Impact doesn't look right. Looks more like they hit something solid at a slight angle. Deer wouldn't have caused the front bumper to deform (at least, it looks that way in the photo). Were there any snowdrifts around they could have plowed into at a decent speed? Worked a lot of deer hits, and that looks fishy from what little I can see.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Well, you do sign off allowing road-testing, and it's really not some tech's fault if it was a deer strike.

But yeah,
Another new car.

Hope it wasn't special order.

And I thought I had a bad day.....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:57:55 PM EDT
[#41]
I would demand a new car, that is a lot of damage.

Would accept no less.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#42]
if it was a deer, there will be hair on the vehicle lodged in and maybe blood.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#43]
how big was the deer?

who gets to keep the dead dear?   the RO or the Operator ???

also - fuck that guy and the dealership.. your gon get fucked..    

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I would demand to see the deer.  I think someone is messing with you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#45]
With that few miles on it, you should get a new one at the dealers additional cost after insurance does its part.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
diminished value even if they repair it
View Quote

Bingo.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Fuck
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:59:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
You pull the code, repair, clear code then drive cycle to make sure the repair worked.

If you drive the car x amount of miles, that lets the ECU run/check to make sure it the fault is gone.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

how in fuck does a 2015 car with 1300 miles have a CEL on it already?    unacceptable...   unless it was the gas cap

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Holy shit! I'd be going after a new car and a free loaner for the time being that you get to pick off the lot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:59:26 PM EDT
[#50]
A wreck on your carfax will cost you cash down the road.

Being that it's only 1300 miles on the car I would ask for a replacement with same milage or less, a dealer demo with clean history.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 41
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top