Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Pepperidge farm remembers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember how the thread got locked, and several people got warned or locked?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

I literally laughed out loud.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that guy. Redirect them all to Vatican City.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The borders crossers are catholic.  He's hoping they spread their seed and multiply here.
View Quote

Nope...

Pope is a pacifist and as the leader of the Church, preaches Jesus' teachings. Which is pacifism.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love these threads.

Jesus was all about the poor and the downtrodden. The Pope sides with the poor and downtrodden.

Everybody flips out.
View Quote

This isn't about the "poor and downtrodden" it is about the rule of law.  There is away to come here legally, they just choose not not because they think their special.

If he were actually concerned with the "poor and downtrodden" he would be in Mexico city discussing why their country is a shithole and trying to fix it.  But I suspect he does not want to be kidnapped by a cartel.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuck the pope
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
How long before this one runs off the rails?

In.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
FTP! Idiot.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I subscribe to neither but that's pretty rich for a catholic to call protestants sociopaths.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The borders crossers are catholic.  He's hoping they spread their seed and multiply here.

I'm Catholic.  Protestants are sociopaths.

That said, the Pope is wrong in this. He's ex cathedra, and subject to fallibility in political issues. Arrest his ass if he crosses illegally.

I subscribe to neither but that's pretty rich for a catholic to call protestants sociopaths.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You mean Benedict nn, the previous one...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I liked the Pope Francis better. You never heard about him.
You mean Benedict nn, the previous one...  

The German guy who kept his mouth shut. Is that Benedict?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Out of joint, in this thread, noses will be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#11]
FPF
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:35:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'd be more impressed if he would travel to the middle east and show support for Christians in ISIS-controlled territory.
View Quote

Yep. Good point.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#13]
maybe the catholic church would like to pay all the illegals expenses for the lifetime they are here too?

If he is willing to pay the bill including whatever they cost while in prison then he can cross the border in solidarity.

Also, pay for all the damages caused by drunk driving illegals, cost of crimes committed, liabilities incurred by them too, as a start.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I was going to say something that was going to probably earn me a time out.....

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

This country was founded by individuals who encouraged and engaged in illegal behavior.

"Law is often but the will of the tyrant" - Some old white economically privileged slave owning white Founding Father

For the record, I don't agree with this pope or illegal immigration.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And once again, I am in disagreement with this Pope.

Encouraging illegal behavior is simply wrong.

This country was founded by individuals who encouraged and engaged in illegal behavior.

"Law is often but the will of the tyrant" - Some old white economically privileged slave owning white Founding Father

For the record, I don't agree with this pope or illegal immigration.

It was founded by those who believe in rule of law. The rule of the tyrant in this case is the Obama administration's decision not to enforce immigration law. Which amounts to a violation of rule of law.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-confirms-three-us-stops-in-september-no-mexico-for-now-83691/

The issue that was being discussed was his US trip - which has restricted time limits.  Many speculated that he would go to Mexico to cannonize Blessed Junipero Serra, a 18th century Spanish-born missionary who is buried in California.  The Pope said that it would be very symbolic to enter the US from Mexico - but to visit Mexico w/o visiting the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe would be unacceptable and there was not enough time to do that trip.  He joked that visiting Mexico w/o visiting the Shrine would be a lot of Drama - A war could break out.

So yes - this is the liberal media at it's best, once again.
View Quote

Needs a  choreographer.  ...heaven help them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#17]
A long time ago I toured the Vatican, the wealth sicktated me.  

If he's so adamant about helping the poor and downtrodden, let him start by liquidating a good percentage of the wealth in the Vatican and dispersing it to third world counties.

Then maybe, just maybe I'll have some respect for him as a figurehead.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I do not like this guy at all.
View Quote

Me too. The church can kiss my ass if they think they are getting any of my money as long as they fight to destroy this country.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:16:56 PM EDT
[#19]
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/pope-francis-cross-southern-border-show-brotherhood-and-support-immigrants#.VMfACtWc8M4.twitter

Pope Francis Wants to Cross Southern Border to Show ‘Brotherhood and Support for Immigrants’

During his return flight from the Philippines this week, Pope Francis told reporters that during his trip this year to America he would like to cross the U.S.-Mexico border as a “beautiful gesture of brotherhood and support for immigrants.”

“To enter the United States from the border with Mexico would be a beautiful gesture of brotherhood and support for immigrants,” Francis said during his return flight to Rome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I came here to say this.

I am Catholic and I find it difficult to understand this Pope.  How can he advocate an invasion of a foreign land?  How does he explain how this fits Romans Chapter 13?

1 Everyone is to obey the governing authorities, because there is no authority except from God and so whatever authorities exist have been appointed by God.2 So anyone who disobeys an authority is rebelling against God's ordinance; and rebels must expect to receive the condemnation they deserve.

3 Magistrates bring fear not to those who do good, but to those who do evil. So if you want to live with no fear of authority, live honestly and you will have its approval;

4 it is there to serve God for you and for your good. But if you do wrong, then you may well be afraid; because it is not for nothing that the symbol of authority is the sword: it is there to serve God, too, as his avenger, to bring retribution to wrongdoers.

5 You must be obedient, therefore, not only because of this retribution, but also for conscience's sake.

6 And this is why you should pay taxes, too, because the authorities are all serving God as his agents, even while they are busily occupied with that particular task.

7 Pay to each one what is due to each: taxes to the one to whom tax is due, tolls to the one to whom tolls are due, respect to the one to whom respect is due, honour to the one to whom honour is due.

8 The only thing you should owe to anyone is love for one another, for to love the other person is to fulfil the law.

9 All these: You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet, and all the other commandments that there are, are summed up in this single phrase: You must love your neighbour as yourself.

10 Love can cause no harm to your neighbour, and so love is the fulfilment of the Law.

11 Besides, you know the time has come; the moment is here for you to stop sleeping and wake up, because by now our salvation is nearer than when we first began to believe.

12 The night is nearly over, daylight is on the way; so let us throw off everything that belongs to the darkness and equip ourselves for the light.

13 Let us live decently, as in the light of day; with no orgies or drunkenness, no promiscuity or licentiousness, and no wrangling or jealousy.

14 Let your armour be the Lord Jesus Christ, and stop worrying about how your disordered natural inclinations may be fulfilled.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arrest his ass for unlawful entry.
I came here to say this.

I am Catholic and I find it difficult to understand this Pope.  How can he advocate an invasion of a foreign land?  How does he explain how this fits Romans Chapter 13?

1 Everyone is to obey the governing authorities, because there is no authority except from God and so whatever authorities exist have been appointed by God.2 So anyone who disobeys an authority is rebelling against God's ordinance; and rebels must expect to receive the condemnation they deserve.

3 Magistrates bring fear not to those who do good, but to those who do evil. So if you want to live with no fear of authority, live honestly and you will have its approval;

4 it is there to serve God for you and for your good. But if you do wrong, then you may well be afraid; because it is not for nothing that the symbol of authority is the sword: it is there to serve God, too, as his avenger, to bring retribution to wrongdoers.

5 You must be obedient, therefore, not only because of this retribution, but also for conscience's sake.

6 And this is why you should pay taxes, too, because the authorities are all serving God as his agents, even while they are busily occupied with that particular task.

7 Pay to each one what is due to each: taxes to the one to whom tax is due, tolls to the one to whom tolls are due, respect to the one to whom respect is due, honour to the one to whom honour is due.

8 The only thing you should owe to anyone is love for one another, for to love the other person is to fulfil the law.

9 All these: You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not covet, and all the other commandments that there are, are summed up in this single phrase: You must love your neighbour as yourself.

10 Love can cause no harm to your neighbour, and so love is the fulfilment of the Law.

11 Besides, you know the time has come; the moment is here for you to stop sleeping and wake up, because by now our salvation is nearer than when we first began to believe.

12 The night is nearly over, daylight is on the way; so let us throw off everything that belongs to the darkness and equip ourselves for the light.

13 Let us live decently, as in the light of day; with no orgies or drunkenness, no promiscuity or licentiousness, and no wrangling or jealousy.

14 Let your armour be the Lord Jesus Christ, and stop worrying about how your disordered natural inclinations may be fulfilled.

Holy shit. Now there is some positive proof that religions are established by men for purposes of control over the masses
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be waiting at the border for Francis with a pair of handcuffs. I hope the Pope likes green baloney and pink underwear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:50:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/pope-francis-cross-southern-border-show-brotherhood-and-support-immigrants#.VMfACtWc8M4.twitter

Pope Francis Wants to Cross Southern Border to Show ‘Brotherhood and Support for Immigrants’

During his return flight from the Philippines this week, Pope Francis told reporters that during his trip this year to America he would like to cross the U.S.-Mexico border as a “beautiful gesture of brotherhood and support for immigrants.”

“To enter the United States from the border with Mexico would be a beautiful gesture of brotherhood and support for immigrants,” Francis said during his return flight to Rome.
View Quote

Yeah, illegal immigrants.

View Quote

it would be even better if he takes them all with him when he leaves.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Holy shit. Now there is some positive proof that religions are established by men for purposes of control over the masses

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Arrest his ass for unlawful entry.
I came here to say this.

That was written by the Apostle Paul, who gave up his career as a prosecutor to become a missionary and wound up getting his head chopped off by the Romans for being a rabble rouser.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That was written by the Apostle Paul, who gave up his career as a prosecutor to become a missionary and wound up getting his head chopped off by the Romans for being a rabble rouser.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a great tradition ... why did we stop doing that?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I don't know about all this but he sure does look like the infiniti salesman from a few years back.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:16:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't know about all this but he sure does look like the infiniti salesman from a few years back.

http://liturgy.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Jonathan-Pryce-Pope-Francis.jpg

View Quote

I think the ears are different.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:27:34 PM EDT
[#27]
The Church, in both the election of this pope and his actions, have demonstrated that it has seen the writing on the wall and has solidly taken the side of the southern hemisphere Catholics.

The demographic shift was inexorable; this stuff is just speeding it up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote
screw that guy. arrest his ass and have the Vatican guard try to free him.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Whether you believe it or not, he will have to answer to God one day for using his post for politics instead of preaching.  I do not envy him.

Also, no I don't remember the other thread, but I can imagine!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

This is something that I disagree with the Pope. This also could lead to another large surge of illegal immigration into the US from Mexico. It is very dangerous for the Pope to be doing this or even saying he wants to do it.
View Quote

I get the impression that this is the first time you've disagreed with him on something?

Wow.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:32:26 PM EDT
[#31]
He is a mixed bag for the vatican. A lot didnt want him as hes a marxist radical, that said his being on the street with his flock will likely see a large expansion of the church. So that being said the old guard will put up with this red as the coffers will begin to flow again after years of stale growth.

The irony is that as he likes to walk amongst crowds with little security and that he has recently been abit vocal on Islam I would wager some sweet man boy full of baka bazi lust will assassinate him.  I hope I am wrong but I see him as a large target for ISIS etc.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#32]
I don't care if he is the Pope, I would make an example out of him, if he crosses illegally I would arrest him, book him, prosecute him, make him serve his time and then deport him.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope...

Pope Francis Says Catholics Don't Need To Breed 'Like Rabbits

Pope is a pacifist and as the leader of the Church, preaches Jesus' teachings. Which is pacifism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...

Pope Francis Says Catholics Don't Need To Breed 'Like Rabbits

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh he just needs to SHUT IT and go back to being The Pope and buy a frigging clue. If he want's to really make a frigging difference he can use all the millions of dollars they found in a routine audit that all the archdioceses were hiding in slush funds or sell off some of that rare art work and books to collectors with too much money. Go save Africa. Gun Up the Swiss guard and go fight Boko Haram or save all the Christians he professes to love that are being slaughtered and massacred all over the world right now.

This is how far down the list Illegals rate right now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
He should use the wealth of The Vatican to ease their discomfort

View All Quotes
Quoted:
He should use the wealth of The Vatican to ease their discomfort

Quoted:
Well, the Vatican is officially a country, right? We could send a bunch of illegals there and see how things work out with that. I mean, have you seen that place? Its nice, lots of income inequality going on, and wealth that needs to be redistributed.

Yeah, tell them all the huge Vatican is "sanctuary" so come one and all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

I hope the Border Patrol Tasers him and throws him in the back of a locked truck for the ride to The Bridge. See how long he last walking back into "cut your head off" Mexico.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
AFAIK, the USA is considered the backwater and Mexico & Latin America is a strong, healthily growing part of the Catholic Church.  It's not surprising that he would appeal to them.  It's called job security.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:23:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote
One has to wonder if one can just walk into the Vatican and look around without a problem doing so. Every idiot that thinks people should be able to just walk into the US has rules about doing so in there home, country or both.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm curious what he plans on telling our Congress it should do. Boner invited him.......
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Stop all welfare and all free stuff from the government. Let them come and let the churches take care of them if they want.

Everybody wins. Everybody gets a trophy.

But seriously ..... F all marxist, communist, socialist, progressive liberals... every one of them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#41]
The church is strong in Africa and the Philippians - It has lost a ton of ground in Mexico, and Latin America is only fairing a little better - neither are growth sectors.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#42]
OP,  I am catholic BUT probably not a serious one.

This pope is starting to sound more and more like a new world order mouthpiece.  

The entire deal about the last one resigning while still alive and how this one came to be is fishy.  

I am starting to wonder how much influence the people who created the European Union and control it have now on the catholic church.

I will say this.....these new world order/one-world government people NEVER seem to stop.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#43]
So send him to Alaska to build highways like we do w/ the rest of them.  Oh, wait...  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:45:39 AM EDT
[#44]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/ORZw29x.jpg

This is now a disappointed gif thread.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#45]
If he did so without passing through a US Customs and Border Patrol checkpoint he'd be in violation of Federal Law.

The people of Mexico are not under a dictatorship. They live in a democracy and have the power to end their impoverish lives by simply voting out of office socialists who have centralized power in Mexico with the government inviting corruption that has allowed criminal organization to thrive. I see no reason, whatsoever, that we here in the US should allow these people sanctuary here simply based on economic reasons.

The USA is already the largest trading partner that Mexico has and if Mexico could become more stable I believe more US businesses would do business within its borders. To allow the residents of Mexico to simply flood into the USA is to ignore the cause of their flight and to ignore the suffering of MILLION of Mexican citizens under the yolk of socialism.

If the Pope wants to show true "brotherhood" with Mexican citizens than he should stop advocating for oppressive socialism and start advocating for free enterprise and government that checks and balances power.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:57:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
AFAIK, the USA is considered the backwater and Mexico & Latin America is a strong, healthily growing part of the Catholic Church.  It's not surprising that he would appeal to them.  It's called job security.
View Quote

No, it's not.

The RCC is growing most in Africa and then Asia.

This actually concerns the Europeans, because Africa's Bishops just aren't liberal enough. Of course, Europe is almost dead anyway.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#47]
At least it would finally ensure an adequate amount of security on the border.  Just for a little while.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#48]
CoC #1
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top