Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Toss up between the scar above my eyebrow that is the shape of a claw from a hammer.
Had that one since I was about three. Looked over dad's shoulder while he was hammering something just in time to catch the back swing.
Or could be the scar that's right at my hairline dead center of my forehead.
.22 ricochet when I was 13. That one scared me. Was pretty sure I had a hole in my head but apparently just glanced off while taking a chunk of skin with it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a 2-1/2" scar across my left knuckles from having a piece of wood slip while cutting it on a band saw in high school. Pretty much punched the blade, and it cut through the skin, which pulled back. I got to watch my tendons and muscles for a little until it started bleeding.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
When I was wee little I must have gotten bored riding my wheeled horse around the house
so I took it down the basement stairs...stuck my bottom baby teeth out through my bottom lip & ithey hooked & stayed that way.  Fortunately I don't remember.

Funniest one I heard of is I had a buddy got his sinuses worked on, and all packed with gauze.
after a few days he gets our of the shower and starts pulling on the string, more, more , more....
he hits a dried patch, pulling on it,  cracks loose & he falls backwards from the pain  hitting the back of his head
on the edge of the tub....GF calls the 911 & he wakes up with like 10 people in the room with him all
naked & everything....all 6'7" # 300#'s of him
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Car radiator fell out of a tree and hit me on the head. Lots of blood. Just a few stitches.

or

Was running with an arrow in my right hand, fell down and the arrow stuck me in the back of my throat through my mouth.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I have matching scars in the thumb-index finger web of both hands. When I was 10 my brother nailed my hands to the floor of the mud room to prevent me from going to visit my best friend, who happened to be his girl friend's brother. We were friends before he started dating my firiend's sister and after she told him to take a hike. I still kept in touch with both of them after all these years.

My brother was and is quite the asshole and bully.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:31:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have matching scars in the thumb-index finger web of both hands. When I was 10 my brother nailed my hands to the floor of the mud room to prevent me from going to visit my best friend, who happened to be his girl friend's brother. We were friends before he started dating my firiend's sister and after she told him to take a hike. I still kept in touch with both of them after all these years.

View Quote

Holy shit...
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Slid about 20' down a 12 on 12 church roof and right  off the eave about  25 ' thru the air to the ground below , missed landing on a compressor by inches ! I call it a 45' fall !
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

How old was your brother?

Let me see if I'm certain I read correctly...he nailed your ass to the floor through the meaty parts of  the bases of your thumbs?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#9]
When I was really drunk I decided to jump over one of these signs:

Don't ask me why, I was wasted. When I landed I found out that the sign was not bullshitting and busted my ass so hard.

The worst part is it was in front of my good friend and 2 chicks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Car radiator fell out of a tree and hit me on the head. Lots of blood. Just a few stitches.

or

Was running with an arrow in my right hand, fell down and the arrow stuck me in the back of my throat through my mouth.
View Quote

Why was there a radiator in a tree?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
My son was doing some homework laying facedown on the floor and I snuck up behind him to tickle him.  When I touched him he reflexively flailed his arms and stabbed me through the nose with a very sharp pencil. In my left nostril and out the top.  This was 8 years ago and I still get infections in that nostril that swell my whole nose up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I broke my toe on a grenade... in my parents bed

for whatever reason I had a grenade laying on my parents bed
came running down the hallway and jumped into the bed
grenade popped up and I kicked it mid air
better yet.. had two of them in the bed
the other popped up and caught my in the head

if my dad wasnt standing there laughing his ass off he would have never believed my story
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I broke my toe on a grenade... in my parents bed

for whatever reason I had a grenade laying on my parents bed
came running down the hallway and jumped into the bed
grenade popped up and I kicked it mid air
better yet.. had two of them in the bed
the other popped up and caught my in the head

if my dad wasnt standing there laughing his ass off he would have never believed my story
View Quote

I think we may have a winner.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#14]
When I was in fourth or fifth grade I was bitten by a field mouse and had to have rabies shots as a "precautionary measure". I was allergic to the  medication, which was injected daily into my legs for two weeks.  My legs swelled up twice their normal size and I got sick as a dog.  Was bedridden for two and a half weeks.  I don't mess with wild animals any more.
Rick
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#15]
10 years old - make a Hawaiian sling (fish spear) out of a wooden thread spool, rubber from a sling shot, and the longest part of a metal coat hanger.   Sharpen coat hanger on bench grinder, cut in barbs for extra measure, embed deeply into right foot.  ER doctor was thrilled to add it to his collection - the fish lived.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Holy shit...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy shit...

If I was telling the story it would be my late brother.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Broke my left ankle twice; once by falling 20 feet while setting an anchor trad climbing, then again about 10 weeks later when it got stomped on by the rodeo bull I had been riding.  

The bull also gored me hard in the right side;  the kevlar vest I was wearing kept me puncture free, but he broke 3 ribs and bruised my insides.  That was a decade ago and I still walk like Chester from the crushed ankle.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:05:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Snowboarding in the back bowls of Copper Mountain hit a rock under the snow, flew through the air about 10 feet and landed on a rock with my lower spine.  Chipped two small bone fragments off one of the lower vertebrae. Not surprisingly, I still have back problems to this day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Not my story, but worth telling.

A family friend was working in his woodshop and cut off one of his fingers. Before he could reach down and grab it his dog snagged it, ran off into the woods and ate it.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:19:49 PM EDT
[#20]
EX GF, Broke my heart.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Divots in my forehead still visible from a Halo Brace that accompanied the broken neck I got from falling out of a pipe rack in an Oil Refinery.
Sister pushed me out of a tree house = concussion & 12 stitches.
Brother slugged me from behind like in the movies = concussion & 8 stitches
Brother "accidently" parted my hair with a broad axe playing "Indians" = 12 stitches
Brother accidently hit me in the lip with a pipe = 4 stitches and plastic surgery
Brother threw a shovel at me across the yard while barefoot = One Big Toenail ripped off clean
Brother knocked me out of a tree with a clamshell = 4 stitches in cheekbone
Friends GSD guarding his Dad's racing hydro went all piranha on my leg = 8 stitches and plastic surgery
Hit a dog on a mini bike and went superman into the street = divots out of shoulder and head and road rash both knuckles and knees and oil burns when the minibike finally landed on me
Jumped a fence barefoot and landed on a board with a nice big nail. Felt like Jesus and implored him while I tried to nut up to pull it off.
Scar on stomach from a .22 ricochet inflicted by a noob shooting at a bottle with a rock backstop. Not me.

It's all good thou
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Used my forehead to stop a metal fan blade.

Have a 6" scar on my belly from my appendix blowing up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
we posting pics?

I've shot myself in the hand, almost cut off my left thumb, broken both feet on a ladder and... well that's it.
View Quote

I had two inch thick medical records by the time I was a teenager.

Doc told me once most adults were only half an inch.

Never been shot though.

Stabbed, cut, etc?  
Too many to count.

When I point at something, most folks can't figure out what.......

I'll never pull off the shaved head bit, I'd look like Frankenstein.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Ruptured my left, distal biceps tendon trying to catch a Nigerian dwarf goat for my wife. Thread/
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Little brother (team member) rolled a golf cart down a hill jackass style, torn ACL.

It was a fun ride though
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I have several scars on my forehead, all from stupid stuff I did as a toddler (running into doors and having them fall on me, falling onto coffee tables, etc).  After the second trip to the doctor's for stitches and stuff, my parents said, "F it," the next time and just let it heal on its own.

My right index finger is a mess.  In the 6th grade, I cut the pad of the finger on a beanie-weenie can during lunch.  It bled like a stuck pig (again, no stitches), and there is a bit of a valley running through the finger print.  While I was in college, I was cutting up some sausage for a gumbo using a steak knife "creatively acquired" by the room-mate from a local restaurant and nearly cut of the tip of the finger.  After it healed, I realized that I had a permanently numb spot on the end of that finger.

James
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:54:58 PM EDT
[#27]
I guess I did forget about the time I cut my thumb nearly to the bone (the nail stopped it) from a butter knife

I decided that I was going to take a file to a butter knife and make it sharp. I slipped and it slashed me deep.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#28]
I remember being run over by a cow or bull when I was about 4
My dad and uncle still to this day deny it happened  (they never told my mom) but I can remember it
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:01:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Spiral fracture of the femur
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I have an abrasion scar on my belly from when the pedal snapped off on my JC Penney 10-speed and I went sliding down the road with one leg over the saddle and my body surfing the 'mac.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Huge scar on my heart from first girl friend in HS.  Jewish, no 'original sin' issues and life for a time was great .  Sadly it didn't work out but after seeing her picture at age (about) 60, it was all for the best ............
Sorry this probably doesn't rise to the level of 'true' hurts .
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:25:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Lets see, freshman year of high school I got to dress and play a few varsity downs, i got speared by some dipshit fractured L2.
Had no idea it happened, went to the sideline and told the team dr I was fucked up and my leg was tingling, he told me to though it up
My ortho lost his mind and went to the city went crazy on the team dr and trainer, I spent the rest of the year in a brace up to my chest.
I got called robocop for the next three years

Many years ago I was snowboarding at holiday valley and being the rad dude I am I decided to cut the corner through the woods to show off.
Missed the fucking stump, end up scorpioning myself pretty hard, I think my heels touched my shoulders.
The next day I was pretty much crippled, laid in the bed for the next day until we had to drive 12 hours home.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:31:22 PM EDT
[#33]
T boned when riding a motorcycle. After landing I sat up to my right foot turned 180 degrees.Ended up with a steel rod inside
of tibia for one year.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Upper lip stitched slightly off center after bicycle ride ended with face plant on crush and run driveway.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Actually Germany was awesome. Americans are rarely alone so Turks could be managed. They'd usually only open their mouths if you were outnumbered but were quick to back down when the odds evened up. The town I was stationed in had a large Turk population, there was only one instance of an American getting his butt stomped and it was a guy walking alone at 3:00 AM. They tossed him off a bridge.

The trick with Polizei is you follow every order to the letter. Do what you're told and they'll be professional and respectful. Disobey or even worse, try to run away, and they'd beat the living shit out of you and drop what's left of you off at the front gate. Seen it happen to a few soldiers. Polizei at the front gate was an automatic Article-15 for whoever they had with them.

Brits rioted in Frankfurt after losing a sporting event (what's that boring ass game called? Soccer?) in 1989 so the next night all the Brit bars in Sachsenhausen were ordered to stay closed (Irish Pub, King Richard's Pub, etc). We went in and MP's (don't know why MP's were there, we weren't the problem) and Polizei were out in full force. We bought a group of Polizei a round of beers outside Four Floors and they were more than happy to have a cold drink. They could be pretty laid back.

Later that year there was a huge fight that started at Four Floors on New Years Eve and spilled out into the courtyard between it and the Irish Pub. Polizei came charging in. We stayed seated in the courtyard. It was something to watch how they selectively chose who to beat to a bloody pulp. Do as they say and people were told to sit down. Those who didn't or even hesitated took a club to the head.

The only funny part was the soldier videotaping it all. He didn't get down so a Polizei went at him with club raised in the air. The kid started shouting, "AFN, AFN, AFN" while he continued to tape. Polizei lowered his club and said, "Are you really AFN?". The kid said "No" and in a flash his head was split open and camera destroyed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got stabbed by an angry Turk in a German bar.

Three things I learned in Germany:

1) Turks will always pull a knife and are too stupid to realize that when they see one American, 100 of his friends are less than 30 seconds away.

2) Germans don't like to fight (was surprised by that) but if provoked will only fight if they have a beer mug to use as a weapon.

3) The only NATO forces who party like Americans are the British. They all like to get stupid drunk and chase girls, but it was Americans and Brits who were always looking for a fight. Surprisingly not against each other though, we got along.

So what'd ya do to piss off a Turk?

I was only in Germany for a couple weeks on TDY, but the fucking Turks were ridiculous. They warned all of us about them too, but just like every other safety briefing we just assumed they were full of shit. NOPE.

We had a few couple guys get in trouble for fights, one was arrested, one had his ass kicked by Turks and THEN the police, a SSG was robbed by "gypsies", and I broke up a fight by throwing an apple as hard as I could and hit a kebab vendor in the face. He was trying to stab a bicyclist with a kebab skewer

Thank god I was never stationed there. Germany is fucking nuts.

Actually Germany was awesome. Americans are rarely alone so Turks could be managed. They'd usually only open their mouths if you were outnumbered but were quick to back down when the odds evened up. The town I was stationed in had a large Turk population, there was only one instance of an American getting his butt stomped and it was a guy walking alone at 3:00 AM. They tossed him off a bridge.

The trick with Polizei is you follow every order to the letter. Do what you're told and they'll be professional and respectful. Disobey or even worse, try to run away, and they'd beat the living shit out of you and drop what's left of you off at the front gate. Seen it happen to a few soldiers. Polizei at the front gate was an automatic Article-15 for whoever they had with them.

Brits rioted in Frankfurt after losing a sporting event (what's that boring ass game called? Soccer?) in 1989 so the next night all the Brit bars in Sachsenhausen were ordered to stay closed (Irish Pub, King Richard's Pub, etc). We went in and MP's (don't know why MP's were there, we weren't the problem) and Polizei were out in full force. We bought a group of Polizei a round of beers outside Four Floors and they were more than happy to have a cold drink. They could be pretty laid back.

Later that year there was a huge fight that started at Four Floors on New Years Eve and spilled out into the courtyard between it and the Irish Pub. Polizei came charging in. We stayed seated in the courtyard. It was something to watch how they selectively chose who to beat to a bloody pulp. Do as they say and people were told to sit down. Those who didn't or even hesitated took a club to the head.

The only funny part was the soldier videotaping it all. He didn't get down so a Polizei went at him with club raised in the air. The kid started shouting, "AFN, AFN, AFN" while he continued to tape. Polizei lowered his club and said, "Are you really AFN?". The kid said "No" and in a flash his head was split open and camera destroyed.

Damn, I had forgotten about the Irish Pub . Damn, we had some great times in that town.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Torn subscapularis tendon in my right shoulder, surgery, rehab and 7 months and still recovering
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Not me, my little brother.

I was just old enough to pick him up....

We used to love being super heroes .....well I got the bright idea that I could hold him by his feet and spin around and it would be like flying.

It worked great....he was laughing an shit....until I got to close to the wood bed frame.

I smashed his head into the bed frame and drove his two front baby teeth back into his jaw.

We thought they got knocked out , but when we couldn't find them, mom took him to the dentist.

He said they would just grow back out...and they did

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#38]
While waiting for my mom to pick me up from high school (I was 14) a rather not-so-friendly fellow decided that a little 90 pound (if that) blond kid would make a good heavy bag.  My shoulders landed into the street six feet from where my feet were when his fist first connected my chin.  

My jaw was wired shut for the remainder of the semester and part of the summer due to the bilateral fracture of my jaw.

That incident, and several other hazing and bullying events, are why I have an uncontrolled fear of people.   I continually witness events that reinforce my distrust and fear of people.  Yet, I do my best to repress that fear, knowing that for the most part the vast majority of people are generally not all that dangerous.  And, those that are, generally behave themselves most of the time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:09:23 PM EDT
[#39]
It lasted more than 4 hours....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:19:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

or

Duh!  It was a radiator tree.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Left eyelid torn off .  They took a skin graph from my foreskin and feplaced the eyelid . Made me a little cock eyed.
View Quote
brow-beaten ?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:23:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Working my ass of at work welding way faster than a I should have but you know young and dumb. I was changing hands with whip and stuck a hot wire right into my left index finger (trigger finger). Pulled it out instantly and it hurt like hell, threw my glove off and swore up a storm. Two days later I wake up and my finger is severely swollen and go over and show my dad. I wind up in the ER and next thing I know they are omitting me, fuck!

I end up with an infection in the finger and go in for surgery to drain it. Wake up and I have a tube going through my finger and out my palm. So I call my boss at home and interrupt his family dinner to tell him the situation and to keep him posted.

I was in the hospital for 5 days and had rehab to get my finger to bend normally after that. I was off of work for a month. 6 years later I still don't have full motion in that finger but it's pretty good and a feeling loss where the tube came out of my finger. I got written up for not reporting an injury right away.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:24:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Big cut across my wrist. When I was about 4 I landed on a glass ornament - a horse or something - and it broke and cut me up pretty bad. It was interesting trying to explain the scar during my initial physical for the USAF.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:41:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Testicular artery cut during vasectomy because the Doc had a sudden bout if Bell's Palsy.... #morphinedrip
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Take your choice:

-shot with a BB behind the ear had to get it surgically removed
-busted open my chin when the cinder block BBQ chimney i was climbing on crumbled
-double edged razor knife cleanly entered and then exited my forearm about 2 inches
-20 ft i-beam dropped on my toe. Nail still grows out in a V
-sliced open thumb when an aluminum lawn chair folded up on it
-head busted open by a 4x4 cedar post when a group of thugs tried to steal my bike
-cactus plant kicked into my face (by my brother)
-cracked both shoulder blades when the pick up i was sitting in the bed of drove off into the canal while the driver was watching the guy he was pulling (canal surfing) with a ski rope
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#46]
When I was 3 a glass quart coke bottle blew up in my face.Cut me from the corner of my eye to under my chin.All the way thru.

It looks like a 3" scratch on my face now..almost don't even see it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:03:38 AM EDT
[#47]
One of my best self inflected ones was the time I was riding with a buddy of mine and i had the absolutely brillant idea to throw a four ounce lead sinker at a porta- potty while traveling about 45. Who would have thought that fucker would bounce off at the precise angle to come back through the window frame and hit me on the top of my head just as i leaned foward to pick up a another beer. At the time I was bald due to ketting chemo and when i got to the hospital they thought i was a skinhead who picked on the wrong person  like 20 staples.  To complete the look, the next day I went out in a buddies boat and got a smoking sunburn on that dome

The best one at work just about tops it though. I pulled over some guy on a wave runner, his dog was laying down in front of him and appeared to have no interest in me what so ever. Well as he goes digging around his little hatch to find his registration i hold on the hand grip. I took my eyes off him for a nano second and that little basterd bites my hand and started shaking it like was a fucking squirrel. Fun shit to tell the nurses while your getting stitched up that a 15 pound schnauzer in a pink life jacket was really what happened,and no i didnt shoot it.I had to get rabies shots because he took it out of state to hide it and didnt provide the documation.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:27:43 AM EDT
[#48]
I had my thumbnail torn off once.

My German Shepard / Chow mix was elderly, 16 years old with cataracts and arthritis. The arthritis we gave her Rimadyl every day, a large pill wrapped in a piece of lunchmeat. My wife usually did it, but she left that morning on a trip. She gave clear instructions to wrap the pill then hold it flat in my hand for her to take. When I came into the room with my dog's bed, it was still just after dawn and dark. I was holding the folded piece of lunchmeat in my right hand, between thumb and forefinger, and startled my dog awake. In the near dark, with her poor vision, she lunged forward and grabbed the lunchmeat, catching my thumbnail with her canine just at the base of the thumbnail, and tore it 95% off, just stuck on at the tip of my finger.

NEVER before or since have I felt pain such as I felt when my thumbnail was ripped loose. Like a baseball bat upside the head. The room swirled around me, and I could barely breath for several minutes. I understand why people tear off fingernails as torture. I probably would confess just about anything after that.

I had to drive myself to the urgent care, where the doc had to inject my thumb with anesthesia (stunningly painful, round #2) and fold the nail back down and stich it in place to help protect the nail bed as it healed. It worked - you can't tell anything happened at all.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#49]
I jumped out of a tree when young and bit my knee.  One tooth is still at an angle.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:37:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Not an injury but I am one of the few people on earth that is genetically immune from any form of hepatitis.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top