BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much more derogatory could he have been?  He's getting a time out, at the least.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<>.
Well, there goes this thread.  And probably your account.

We will soon see.
That being said I hope he does not get shit canned.
How much more derogatory could he have been?  He's getting a time out, at the least.

You are probably right in what you are saying but sometimes dealing with these hateful people it's really hard to hold back.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
In the first Gulf War, my entire submarine came to the conclusion that we were attacking the wrong country.   We should have let Saddam roll over the Saudis and cut a deal with him.  

Not much has changed in 2 decades.  

Until we stop the flow of Saudi oil money to fund terrorism, our struggles with Islamic terrorism will continue.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You are probably right in what you are saying but sometimes dealing with these hateful people it's really hard to hold back.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's really not.  Pretty easy to say any variety of "come at me", or "I'll be your huckleberry", or even "not if I kill you first, you motherfucking son of a whore".  Also easy to not take a response to an offer of violence with blatant insults of his religion which you know damn well are against CoC.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bottom line is that you have to be willing to fight a war the way your enemies will or else you will lose.
If they want to act like savages then you need to treat them as savages - you can't take the high road & pander to public opinion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And you would be wrong; that's absurd.

It's more likely that the owners don't want their successful business transformed into a hate site by a handful of morans looking for a soap box.

For the spelling nazis; "morans"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

As of late even clearly non COC threads dealing with islam have been locked

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1710927_Pope__Christians_and_Muslims_should_learn_more_about_each_other.html&light=pope

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1707312_Muslim_call_to_prayer_to_sound_at_Duke_University.html&page=6

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1706959_Pelosi_to_name_first_Muslim_lawmaker_to_House_intelligence_committee.html&page=2

Sad, but true.

I think that I can say, on somewhat good authority, that if there were ever an attack on ar15.com's HQ by "them"... it would indeed be fo-time, fo REAL.

I am more of the "fuck-em/come-at-me-bro" mindset, but I haven't even purchased a membership yet, so I don't have anything else to add.

ETA - in case it needed spelling out, I am under the impression that the deletion of said threads would be due to the perceived threat of an attack against anyone hosting/publishing stuff against the special snowflakes of the world... blah blah blah...

And you would be wrong; that's absurd.

It's more likely that the owners don't want their successful business transformed into a hate site by a handful of morans looking for a soap box.

For the spelling nazis; "morans"?

Once threads bashing Christianity, atheism or other beliefs are nuked from orbit, I'll actually believe that. Those threads usually get locked after personal attacks start getting thrown back and forth or the trolling becomes too overt. Aka a COC violation, except for when it involves bashing Christian beliefs.

Politically the site is in a tough spot, we can't have overt hate against Islam. We can't afford to provide the Left with anymore ammunition for their crusade against the 2A. So here we are, threads about Islam getting locked and "disappeared", members wondering what the hell is going on, members looking at this a kowtowing to Islam; when for the most part, you can substitute Christianity in place of Islam and nothing would happen.

Is the site going to come out and say that, doubtful. The site has the CoC as their reason, but when it gets unevenly applied, these sorts of threads and responses are going to happen. Just the way it is.

Well that's my read on the subject, take it fwiw.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
http://www.memri.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/189/0/4745.htm

Paris Attacks: This Is the Only Language Jewish and Christian Infidels Understand (and Muslims Discovered America)

Saudi Arabia is pretty much Ground Zero for Islamic Terror. Until war is brought there..and Imams start feeling the heat of Hellfire missiles
this sort of thing is going to continue. It's not a war on terror: in spite of what the politically correct say
it is a Religious War.

This was recorded at Sa'eeed bin Jubair Mosque, Jedda, Saudi Arabia

View Quote

Haha!  Muslims discovered America now?  I thought it was people from Africa who colonized America?  Heck, since everyone has to be special, I'm just gonna say it was me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Ironically, those are the same things that people say about Muslims.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:17:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bottom line is that you have to be willing to fight a war the way your enemies will or else you will lose.
If they want to act like savages then you need to treat them as savages - you can't take the high road & pander to public opinion.
View Quote

Or at least arm people like the Kurds who are willing and able to fight on the terrorists' terms like they're doing now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:18:49 AM EDT
[#9]
But remember, all religions are the same.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Is this one of those "moderates"?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#11]
In before the mods
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Clearly the first amendment doesn't apply in Arfcom.
View Quote

As long as you don't speak about...

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Okay, motherfucker, I'm neither a Jew nor a Christian, but if you want to converse in the language of violence, I'll start warming up my vocabulary.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Been there. They sure are touchy about the subject on this site
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I received a warning, about my take on the muzzies so I am behaving...

Only subjects that wear suicide vests or have Alzheimer's.  The mentally retarded and handicapped are free game.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I received a warning, about my take on the muzzies so I am behaving...

But do seem to tolerate homo threads.  When world leaders fail to recognize a threat and use terms such as "radical Islam" and "moderate Muslims"  their people are at risk of having their culture destroyed and lives threatened.

Muslim ideology is not compatible with Western cultures.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
http://www.memri.org/clip/en/0/0/0/0/189/0/4745.htm

Paris Attacks: This Is the Only Language Jewish and Christian Infidels Understand (and Muslims Discovered America)

Saudi Arabia is pretty much Ground Zero for Islamic Terror. Until war is brought there..and Imams start feeling the heat of Hellfire missiles this sort of thing is going to continue. It's not a war on terror: in spite of what the politically correct say it is a Religious War.

This was recorded at Sa'eeed bin Jubair Mosque, Jedda, Saudi Arabia
View Quote

What message exactly are they trying to send in this language?  And what other languages did they try?

This sounds like justifying violence for nothing but the sake of violence. Fuck him.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Okay, motherfucker, I'm neither a Jew nor a Christian, but if you want to converse in the language of violence, I'll start warming up my vocabulary.
View Quote

View Quote

That actually made me kinda grin. Just a little bit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#17]
This sounds like justifying violence for nothing but the sake of violence. Fuck him.

Someone gets it
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:03:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Two generations ago the Saudi kings and princes were illiterate camel herders living in tents, but their glorious ancestors discovered America
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:15:49 PM EDT
[#19]
In before the
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Nevermind.....................
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Since when is arfcom a government entity?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since when is arfcom a government entity?

lol all "media is. Even if they aren't. This is a big site. I am sure that they've gotten letters and phone calls etc.

sort of.... This is  blah blah from the IRS.... We've been tasked to tell you that you may be up for an audit....Oh yeah and you have an interesting website  lets talk about that....offline as it were....

remember guys. There is no rule of law for the fed gov anymore.

A man has to feed his family etc....
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Islam is nothing more than a war religion. It revolves around death, destruction and the total subjugation of women. It was a pariah in the middle ages and is even worse today. Until the world understands this is the new Nazism and treats it like it did the Third Reich then the name of the number of people who lost their lives to political correctness will be legion.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  What's your problem?

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#25]
One of my friends that I went to High School with converted to Islam, me: I converted to Judaism.
I also worked for some Shia Muslims who were very nice to me, and knew Sunni's in college who were also
very nice to me. But...they weren't nice towards Jews.

My feelings are a bit mixed.

My opinion is this:

In order to fight an enemy that is attacking you.
you MUST understand what is motivating him
as well as HOW he is providing logistical support (manpower, food, weapons, transportation, fuel, and the all important: MONEY
because WITHOUT MONEY, there is NO Logistical Support.
No Logistical Support = War is mostly Over.

So the enemy....
Believes in Islam (this means a person must study Islam. Which means studying: the Koran, the Sunna, and the Hadith.)
Then a person must understand the reasons why attacks are being carried out.
Is it because of Money, Politics, Power, or something else. One can get a good understanding
by reading and viewing translated documents and videos of an enemy speaking to his 'audience'

Next comes....how does the enemy view this conflict? And what are their objectives (short term, and long term)
and what is their methodology for carrying out attacks?

The video I posted is from a site: Memri.org that is dedicated to translating news articles and videos from the Middle East
to English.

The reason I posted this video: is that from the perspective of this Imam (and there are many others) this conflict
is not about Terrorism, but about following the religious dictates (or doctrine) of his interpretation of Islam.

Is it the "right" interpretation? Well...only YOU can make that decision...and you can only do that by studying it
objectively in order to understand what is going on.

Both Judaism and Christianity underwent religious reformation. Many lives were lost over many years.

The Islam as mostly practiced within the United States is a 'beautified' interpretation that stresses peace and tolerance.
Is this the right interpretation?

Yes and No. The first half of the Koran stresses peace and tolerance, but the 2nd half stresses intolerance and violence
and contradicts the first half. So which half is correct?

Since the second half was written later, it over rules the first half.

What should an American do?
Well..America is founded upon the principles of separation of church and state as well as freedom of expression and freedom of worship.
As Americans we need to embrace these liberties and treat fellow Americans and foreigners who live peacefully with open arms
and friendship.

However in order to survive and protect ourselves, we cannot afford to be pacifists. We must defend ourselves. So for only those who wish
to destroy us with violence, we must in turn rain violence down upon them. And 'educate' them like we did with Imperial Japan
that making war against the United States is a quick way to ensure extinction.. And that the only way Islam tolerated is through separation of
'church' (mosque) and state, and freedom of speech and religious tolerance.

Saudi Arabia does not have this. They do not respect the worship, proselytization of other religions that differ from Islam.
It is also ground zero for this entire faith. Until this particular region changes...the attacks will continue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjBDDC4wVxk

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:58:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I have been looking at this site.  It is interesting to say the least.  Thanks for the link.

#4748 - Brooklyn Imam Tareq Yousef Al-Masri on Paris Terror Attacks: We Muslims Must Admit That We Are Time Bombs and We Hate Christians

Wow.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:05:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Well, <-beep beep beeping beep da beep beep beeping beeper beeped, BEEP!,->

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#30]
From their point of view they are absolutely right.  Fire, pain and death are the only things that will convince us that they mean to limit our freedom based on their religious beliefs.

Maybe it's time we understood their message and took it to heart.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:09:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I locked two guys and warned about a half dozen others then trashed it  

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']1) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, title and subject lines of threads.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']
  • Profanity is not allowed in the subject line of threads.
  • Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

As of late even clearly non COC threads dealing with islam have been locked

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1710927_Pope__Christians_and_Muslims_should_learn_more_about_each_other.html&light=pope

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1707312_Muslim_call_to_prayer_to_sound_at_Duke_University.html&page=6

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1706959_Pelosi_to_name_first_Muslim_lawmaker_to_House_intelligence_committee.html&page=2

What happened to the thread about Muslims being outraged about American Sniper?

Was posted last night... Then disappeared.
I locked two guys and warned about a half dozen others then trashed it  

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']1) Posting derogatory comments of a racial, religious, or sexual nature. This includes your username, signature line, title and subject lines of threads.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']
  • Profanity is not allowed in the subject line of threads.
  • Site Staff and Moderators reserve the right to edit these items and to remove your ability to modify them in the future.

But why are the threads being completely deleted?  I can understand thread and even account locks, but to completely delete a thread seems "interdasting".  I'm not calling you out, just wondering what determines that a thread gets completely deleted.  I would specifically like to hear from the Mod/Staff member(s) who deleted those threads and their reasoning.  I have not been here that long, but deleting a thread entirely seems to be rare and requires somewhat extreme circumstances.
I love penguins, so please don't lock my account
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:19:38 PM EDT
[#33]
So, doing your job is too much work?  

I kid, I kid
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:25:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If they want to start paying me I'll be happy to sit here and argue every edit  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, doing your job is too much work?  

I kid, I kid
If they want to start paying me I'll be happy to sit here and argue every edit  

No shit, I thought you guys did get paid...fucking '13er's, what do I know  [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_blackeye.gif[/img

ETA: maybe not mods, but I assumed, for some reason, that staff was paid.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
In the first Gulf War, my entire submarine came to the conclusion that we were attacking the wrong country.   We should have let Saddam roll over the Saudis and cut a deal with him.  

Until we stop the flow of Saudi oil money to fund terrorism, our struggles with Islamic terrorism will continue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well, Iraq did attack us first.

In the Persian Gulf, the 17th of May 1987, the USS Stark is hit by two Iraqi Exocet missiles within 30 seconds. 37 sailors are killed

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
People get locked here all the time for comments about Christianity, Jesus and Mary when similar comments about Islam and Muhammed slide by.

Anyone who thinks you can post the same things about Christianity or Judiasm that you can about Islam better not plan on posting here anymore if they want to test that theory There are several comments here about Islam that would have resulted in permanent locks by several staff here if the same comment was made about Christ, Christianity, or Judaism.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once threads bashing Christianity, atheism or other beliefs are nuked from orbit, I'll actually believe that. Those threads usually get locked after personal attacks start getting thrown back and forth or the trolling becomes too overt. Aka a COC violation, except for when it involves bashing Christian beliefs.

Politically the site is in a tough spot, we can't have overt hate against Islam. We can't afford to provide the Left with anymore ammunition for their crusade against the 2A. So here we are, threads about Islam getting locked and "disappeared", members wondering what the hell is going on, members looking at this a kowtowing to Islam; when for the most part, you can substitute Christianity in place of Islam and nothing would happen.

Is the site going to come out and say that, doubtful. The site has the CoC as their reason, but when it gets unevenly applied, these sorts of threads and responses are going to happen. Just the way it is.

Well that's my read on the subject, take it fwiw.

People get locked here all the time for comments about Christianity, Jesus and Mary when similar comments about Islam and Muhammed slide by.

Anyone who thinks you can post the same things about Christianity or Judiasm that you can about Islam better not plan on posting here anymore if they want to test that theory There are several comments here about Islam that would have resulted in permanent locks by several staff here if the same comment was made about Christ, Christianity, or Judaism.

Is it really Denigrating to Islam; if all you have to do is quote the historical acts chronicled and often glorified in their own book?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:44:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Regardless of what happens on this forum, it's still an exercise in free speech. The same behavior would be illegal and punishable by death in Saudi Arabia as their constitution is based on the Koran and Sharia law.

No one can say with a straight face, that Saudi's are practicing a 'peaceful religion' as they are listed as one of the top world's worst human rights abuser.

Saudi Arabia does not tolerate public worship by adherents of religions other than Islam and systematically discriminates against its Muslim religious minorities, in particular Shia and Ismailis. The chief mufti in March called for the destruction of all churches in the Arabian Peninsula.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Their site, their rules.  You're a guest.

That's the way it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Their site, their rules.  You're a guest.

That's the way it is.

Yeah sorta. Guest.

Or paying customer. Guess it depends how you look at it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I bet he would understand a message sent in the same language.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:49:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mods and Site Staff are really deleting threads criticizing muslims?  
Or is my sarcasm meter in need of calibration?
View Quote

Inshallah.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:52:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I would say that it is possible to get locked for saying shit about other religions and that sea lawyering will not get you out of it. I have had this discussion numerous times about Mormons, and to a lesser extent Catholics.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it really Denigrating to Islam; if all you have to do is quote the historical acts chronicled and often glorified in their own book?
I would say that it is possible to get locked for saying shit about other religions and that sea lawyering will not get you out of it. I have had this discussion numerous times about Mormons, and to a lesser extent Catholics.  

Not sure I follow you here.  

What is 'sea lawyering'?  Something to do with sardines?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I bet he would understand a message sent in the same language.
View Quote

N
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:57:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Canada doesn't really have free speech either. Does NY have freedom of association or freedom of religion when you can be fined for refusing to let two homosexuals have a wedding ceremony on your property if you find homosexual marriage a violation of your religious beliefs? You don't get bonked in the head with rocks but I wouldn't want to write out a $ 15k check in fines  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Regardless of what happens on this forum, it's still an exercise in free speech. The same behavior would be illegal and punishable by death in Saudi Arabia as their constitution is based on the Koran and Sharia law.
Canada doesn't really have free speech either. Does NY have freedom of association or freedom of religion when you can be fined for refusing to let two homosexuals have a wedding ceremony on your property if you find homosexual marriage a violation of your religious beliefs? You don't get bonked in the head with rocks but I wouldn't want to write out a $ 15k check in fines  

Once Canada starts doling out 1000 lashes and doing cross amputations with religious police, you might have an argument when it comes to free speech.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top