Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 42
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#1]
i have nothing to add, other than the number of knuckle dragging mouth breathing retards who support nutnfancy is truly mind blowing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:08:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Aparently no one noticed that part. Picture of it misaligned AND Larue form saying it was.

My favorite part was "Trash in bolt", which he vehemently and ramblingly denied.

What do y'all think it was? I am betting duracoat chunks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you not watch the fucking video? The first time he sent it back, they had to fix the misaligned gas block from him replacing the original.

Aparently no one noticed that part. Picture of it misaligned AND Larue form saying it was.

My favorite part was "Trash in bolt", which he vehemently and ramblingly denied.

What do y'all think it was? I am betting duracoat chunks.

Pieces of his ego that got lodged in there while he was talking about himself.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
i have nothing to add, other than the number of knuckle dragging mouth breathing retards who support nutnfancy is truly mind blowing.
View Quote

Yeagerites.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:09:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to say, but anyone who pays attention to NF's long winded diatribes about products isn't in the market for it to begin with.

If I were gonna drop the cash on a LaRue rifle, it sure as hell isn't going to be based on the thoughts of a mouthbreathing retard.

Just sayin'. If anything, I have discovered that if Nutnfancy doesn't like something, then it's probably an awesome product.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:17:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what you're saying is "I couldn't think of what to say, Nutnfancy is 100% right."
View Quote

dogiphone  ate the homework

regardless of the gas block or whatever later in the video, are the jams in the first 5 minutes nutnfancy's fault? Are they fake? Are they the deception of Satan? Are they acceptible because of the brand name?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Mr. Larue knows what Fred Meyer's is. Intredasting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So you're saying a rail and a gas block caused his gas port to be under sized?  Because that's what you're implying by saying aftermarket parts unrelated to a warranty issue would void the warranty.
View Quote

He installed the gas block improperly  thereby undergasing the system.  Why is this so hard to understand?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:29:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In the meantime, I can load ammo that none of this board's rifles will run.

ETA - The odd thing here is that 99% of this board should know by now we rarely fail at satisfying customers, even those that could be characterized as rather large pains in the back side.
View Quote

Wait.... Are you hinting at some super secret Larue round?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:53:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

regardless of the gas block or whatever later in the video, are the jams in the first 5 minutes nutnfancy's fault? Are they fake? Are they the deception of Satan? Are they acceptible because of the brand name?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what you're saying is "I couldn't think of what to say, Nutnfancy is 100% right."

Yes, they are his fault.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:14:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Depends.

I had a noveske barrel with a PRI, the PRI had to be all the way back to work. Ive installed a larue on a barrel that needed a little space to work. Doc Zox mentioned in the other version of this thread that his MAS defense barrels shoulder had no cap spacing so he had to drill his FSB in order to use it. I have had several manufacturers gas blocks that need a bit of playing with to work with other manufacturers barrels. Should measure to be sure. (Or at least the old bottom hole flip.) There is no evidence that he did either, only that he "used air".

Things we know:

1. Nutn is an idiot.
2. Pictures showing non-stock gas block installed on propriety barrel.
3. Pictures of form from Larue stating nutn installed it wrong.
4. Only video of it working it has stock gas block.
5. He is using low powered ammo in cold environment, any small blockage is going to cause issues.
6. He states a bias towards thinking gas port is too small, and belief in his mastery of gasblocks, which would lead to not fixing.
7. He ends up doing the worst possible solution.

If he had just brought some allen wrenches out the range, and played with placement, shot a few rounds played with placement, he may have been able to get away without measuring, but he didnt.

Here is a perfect example, same gas block, different barrels, both pictures are from Bravo, notice spacing?
http://i.imgur.com/5ZeOoqI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jsNBdUJ.jpg

Now I dont know how Larue does spacing on his Stealth barrels, but we do know Nutn did it wrong per Larue customer service.

View Quote

Thanks for those pictures also.

I gotta admit I have never had a gas block hole in the barrel that was based on me having one of those rings on it.

Yes, I have to always make sure the gas holes line up.  That is just common sense and you eyeball it and if in doubt measure it.

If the gas block is the same maker as the barrel then I usually just eyeball it.

I have no idea what NF did detail wise because he talks too much.

ETA:  But there is "that space" in his flip up gas block picture.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
isn't this Mark's really hot wife or daughter?  

Eva Larue

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I00000xYp8TlEQ8A/s/750/750/0150-Eva-LaRue.jpg

View Quote

That's Mrs. LaRue!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Holy shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I hope that isn't his daughter.............if so............dad...............I remove my animation!!)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NutN is rapidly approaching 25,000 views on his LaRue Sux youtube ... and  I think I found die-tryin aka ThunderChunky77  ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
NutN is rapidly approaching 25,000 views on his LaRue Sux youtube ... and  I think I found die-tryin aka ThunderChunky77  ...

ThunderChunky77
28 minutes ago  ·  Shared publicly

Thx for your unfiltered honest videos. Ill never buy anything from Larue if they cant even take care of 1 rifle. Their letters show lack of care and laziness. Fuck Larue and all the nuthuggers.?

Take it easy, don't let that stuff piss you off..........although I have never bought a rifle or complete upper from you, I have bought your parts and they have always worked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#16]
So, the response from the company that had the rifle in the hands of QC three times is: "The problem could have been any one of a dozen things, but it probably wasn't what he claimed it to be"?

I don't think much of Nutnfancy, but that response is crap. My brother works for Mark and loves his job...I'm really disappointed in this thread.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:41:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Changing out a gas block had nothing to do with the issue this rifle was having.  It's not like this was the first AR he has ever put together.  A nutless monkey could assemble an AR.
View Quote

Is the war you train for very different?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did you guys miss the part where he used compressed air to align the gas block correctly?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As a paying customer I disappointed in this response. His "hand drill" got your upper running and gunning again. I have no doubt that you provide great products. This really could have been all avoided by owning the mistake and striving to work on it. By mistake it could have been QC, Policy of working on altered uppers, whatever the excuse. Use it as a learning experience of what not to do either in shop or on the internet and move on. I know I would have liked to have seen a much more professional response.  
View Quote

I'm not sure I have a picture that suitably demonstrates the weapons grade retard contained in your post. I'm gonna try but I'm not sure this really conveys it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So you're saying a rail and a gas block caused his gas port to be under sized?  Because that's what you're implying by saying aftermarket parts unrelated to a warranty issue would void the warranty.
View Quote

So, installing the gas block incorrectly occludes a portion of the gas port causing it to, in essence, become undersized because only a portion of it was exposed.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You can tell if there are any obstructions to flow using air pressure.  The port on the gas block is slightly larger than the hole on the barrel.  Its not hard to align a gas block, even without using air or pins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Improperly installing aftermarket parts does void your warranty if they are responsible for the issue. Since you seem to think using a compressed air tank to assure proper alignment is a good practice, it makes me question that you know anything about building ARs at all.

You can tell if there are any obstructions to flow using air pressure.  The port on the gas block is slightly larger than the hole on the barrel.  Its not hard to align a gas block, even without using air or pins.

And yet we have photographic evidence earlier in the thread that your hero fucked it all up.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

All of them do.  There's this thing called the Magnuson-Moss Act
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

1 - he is not a professional gunsmith
2 - he altered the product
3 - he gave up on them after the second time

LaRue was kind enough to work with him despite the fact he altered their product.   Most manufacturers would not service it at all.  It might have been worth a third attempt, yes?  Again, I have never seen anything but quality and outstanding CS from LaRue.  To say different is being disingenuous.

But the fact remains that LaRue took in the rifle, and sent it back to him twice as "fixed" when it in fact was not fixed.  A trip to customer service should only take one time.  Three is an absolute joke.  He sent them the entire rifle the 2nd time.  If this is going to boil down to "aftermarket parts", they should've stated that on his repair invoice and told him they won't warranty it anymore.

How many car dealers would help you out on your "warranty" after you bought some car parts of the internet and put them on by yourself?

All of them do.  There's this thing called the Magnuson-Moss Act

You don't understand how that works. If you change the brake pads to non OEM and the brakes fail, the OEM isn't responsible under MM. The AC would still be covered. In this case, the MM comparison would lead to no coverage.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It also has me defending Larue.

Truly a Hitlerverse thread. I feel dirty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thread has shotgun for self defense level of potential.

No joke.

It's got that magical formula of hubris, attention whoring, ignorance, and an absolute certainty of the truth that makes for legendary threads.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#28]
NutnFancy Videos? Isn't that the video name of Ken Rockwell Photography?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:44:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Everybody needs their Warhol 15 minutes of fame. it's a shame they blew theirs. You guys make great stuff LaRue don't let the bad apple spoil the orchard !
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread has shotgun for self defense level of potential.

No joke.

It's got that magical formula of hubris, attention whoring, ignorance, and an absolute certainty of the truth that makes for legendary threads.

I think the facts are the facts and you have made a strong case for what really happened in this case.  Nutn' wrong with that.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:49:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Nutnfancy: trying to remain relevant since 2010.* I tend to not listen to people who like to hear themselves talk, it wastes my time and their opinions are shit.

*Disclaimer: I own Larue index clips, that's it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.
[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully over the port, which would cause under gassing.

Larue spacing:
http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/p1012353.jpg

Nutn spacing:
http://i.imgur.com/ul4COAn.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Installed exactly the way that would cause the rifle to be under gassed.

Please explain part in red.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

[div style='font-family: tahoma, arial;']Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully over the port, which would cause under gassing.

Larue spacing:
http://www.laruetactical.com/sites/default/files/p1012353.jpg

Nutn spacing:
http://i.imgur.com/ul4COAn.jpg

which is exactly why on the AR10 iim building I actually measured the shoulder to hole distance on barrel and gas block.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:50:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Everybody needs their Warhol 15 minutes of fame. it's a shame they blew theirs. You guys make great stuff LaRue don't let the bad apple spoil the orchard !
View Quote
Nutnfancy won't spoil jack shit for Larue.

The only Larue anything I have is a scope mount that's been dead nuts reliable from day 1 and returns to zero every time.

I have friends that have Stealth uppers and they've logged thousands of rounds with zero issues...other than the groups are so tiny it's hard to see with the spotting scope.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:52:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#35]
So, if I'm getting this right, an internet reviewer received a rifle, disassembled it, painted it, assembled it incorrectly, and is now blaming the manufacturer when post disassemble/assemble trouble-shooting didn't go well?

So, if I buy a new car and screw up taking the engine apart for fun on the first day, and it still has problems after Ford or whoever attempts to undo my screw-ups, Ford is a lousy company? Solid logic!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Has anybody got dibs on the gun in question?  If not, I'll take it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#37]
so far, 17 pages of nothing
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:09:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:14:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Obviously this is getting us nowhere fast.  The only solution is for LaRue to send me a complete upper and 1K rounds of his top secret ammo so I can test it properly.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Questions along the line of his "method" of using 110-125 PSI.

I understand there is roughly 13K PSI at the gas block on a 20" with SAAMI ammo.  How much is effectively dumped to the gas key?  How much of an increase barrel gas hole does it take to cause a catastrophic failure of the bolt.  What if NF accidentally sets a "properly" positioned Gas Block in the future on this barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

which is exactly why on the AR10 iim building I actually measured the shoulder to hole distance on barrel and gas block.

What a crazy concept.

That seems like a lot of work, just blow air through it.

Questions along the line of his "method" of using 110-125 PSI.

I understand there is roughly 13K PSI at the gas block on a 20" with SAAMI ammo.  How much is effectively dumped to the gas key?  How much of an increase barrel gas hole does it take to cause a catastrophic failure of the bolt.  What if NF accidentally sets a "properly" positioned Gas Block in the future on this barrel?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Obviously this is getting us nowhere fast.  The only solution is for LaRue to send me a complete upper and 1K rounds of his top secret ammo so I can test it properly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Let's keep some perspective

FBHO

...that is all
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:19:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait...you make ammo now?

You crawfishing bastard.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:20:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Im gonna install a Larue gas block on my SR25 and mail it to him demanding he fix it when that combo doesn't work.

Ill make sure to fill my BCG with garbage first so it meets NUTN spec.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do like this new agenda pushed by some that you can monkey-fuck a piece of equipment to hell and back and the manufacture simply MUST diagnose the issues and fix them when the product no longer works.

That's fucking bitchingly awesome.

Im gonna install a Larue gas block on my SR25 and mail it to him demanding he fix it when that combo doesn't work.

Ill make sure to fill my BCG with garbage first so it meets NUTN spec.

All the drama aside, this is the real issue at hand. Why should a manufacture be forced to fix your mistakes and when it isn't completely sorted out, be the subject of a massive internet smear campaign? That's beyond wrong.

I'm sick of this digital-age "gotcha" stuff, where every situation gets blown incredibly out of proportion and the "winner" is whoever has the most video or tweet-following minions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1K of Top_Secret's ammo would also work.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Mark,
 If you would like an active duty tier 2.5 operator to objectively review any of your products, I would be more than willing to do so.  Just send it to me and I'll make it happen.
View Quote

if he falls for that line, I'll drive down and get mine to save him shipping
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:23:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Too late, I already emailed him.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn!

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:29:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
NutnFancy Videos? Isn't that the video name of Ken Rockwell Photography?  
View Quote

When I was a poor 'photographer' starting out his recommendations for cheap, but good Nikkor lens was spot-on. Yes at the end of the day he's interested in clicks, but there is some worth hidden in all his blathering, much like NF.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This could very well indeed be NutnFancy's fault (fucking with the OEM gas config), but that aside...

How professional of a response is the creation of this thread? What is the point exactly? To summon LaRue product owners on Arfcom to shit all over NutnFancy's youtube comments section for this vid - a social media Crusade?

Basically, that's why this thread was created.
View Quote

Again, for transparency, I don't own a single LaRue product but would like to. But if I own LaRue I am pretty pissed that a guy with 500k followers on youtube basically calls my upper a piece of crap after he was the one that fudged the bucket trying install parts on it. It's like sending a gun to Guns and Ammo having them break it on purpose then report that it has FTF and FTE problems. I mean he essentially took a full page ad in the paper out knocking his product when it seems pretty apparent that he made the gun not work. What is LaRue supposed to do? Not defend themselves. It is entirely different than you or I coming on here and posting a Debbie Downer thread on LaRue, we don't have the same exposure. I don't think (and I could be wrong) that if you made a thread chronicling your experience with LaRue customer service you would get a response thread started by LaRue. But with TNP making videos for a lot of gun owners to see, and then having a thread here about it (not TNP I think someone else started that), Mark didn't want his response buried among 17 pages. I think he has the right to defend his product in whatever way he chooses.
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top