Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
If you haven't seen it,James May's people's car 3 part series is brilliant.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:59:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the best episode in a very, very, very long time!!! Way, way funny!!!!!!!
View Quote

The ambulance one? I haven't laughed so hard in a long time, it was great!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I did too, I just didn't realize what country they were.
Loved Clarkson's psyche-out apology!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So nobody else saw the Chilean flags?

I noticed!

I did too, I just didn't realize what country they were.
Loved Clarkson's psyche-out apology!

Chilean flag coffee cups in the studio on last weekend's episode.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is the best episode in a very, very, very long time!!! Way, way funny!!!!!!!

Nice to see the Lyana back, too!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:18:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who else saw the Chilean flag pins on their shirts in the studio?
View Quote

With or without beans?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
One important thing about REAL Top Gear that people tend not to talk about is the cinematography. It's fucking top notch. I think Top Gear USA is filmed by drunks with iPhones.
View Quote

Definitely THIS!!  The first time I saw the show that is what really jumped out at me. And I'm not one to really notice things like that.

The truth is is that its a once in a decade show.  The comedy, the subject matter, the production and most of all the chemistry between the hosts.  Its a perfect storm and you just can't go out and duplicate it on a whim.

It truly is my all time favorite tv show.  It's everything I love all wrapped into one.

That being said.......TG America should have been trashed after the first episode.  As a few have put it, it is just really painful to watch.  Namely cause they're trying to recreate something that shouldn't be recreated.....kind of like the new Ghostbusters
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wife and I were laughing so hard we were crying. Had to rewind it in a few spots to hear what they said because we were laughing so hard.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Hammond's patient on a rocket sled FTMFW!!!!

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:42:36 AM EDT
[#10]
The best show..........in the world !!
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:06:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

In my head, I automatically read this in Clarkson's voice.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:09:05 AM EDT
[#12]

I like the BBC Top Gear, except for their utter hatred of anything American.

Like when they called the CTS V cheap feeling... I guess compared to a VEYRON but WTF.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 2:24:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Did they change how they count seasons/series?  Shouldn't they be on 23 now, as 21 was last winter/spring?

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Taking advantage of a day off and snow and catching up this season.
Just finished the ambulance episode.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#15]
The homemade ambulance challenge was hilarious, especially the "test lap" where they have to administer aid to the dummy patient as the Stig circles the track at top speed.

Plus, Richard Hammond's patient delivery system is exactly how I'd do it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Definitely THIS!!  The first time I saw the show that is what really jumped out at me. And I'm not one to really notice things like that.

The truth is is that its a once in a decade show.  The comedy, the subject matter, the production and most of all the chemistry between the hosts.  Its a perfect storm and you just can't go out and duplicate it on a whim.

It truly is my all time favorite tv show.  It's everything I love all wrapped into one.

That being said.......TG America should have been trashed after the first episode.  As a few have put it, it is just really painful to watch.  Namely cause they're trying to recreate something that shouldn't be recreated.....kind of like the new Ghostbusters
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One important thing about REAL Top Gear that people tend not to talk about is the cinematography. It's fucking top notch. I think Top Gear USA is filmed by drunks with iPhones.

I agree. It is one of the most visually stunning shows on TV. "An Idiot Abroad" also has some unexpectedly beautiful shots.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:43:41 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess I need to reset my DVR to start recording this show again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Love all the little Chile flag-themed items in each episode post-Argentina special.  Lapel pins, coffee mugs, etc.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:11:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Love all the little Chile flag-themed items in each episode post-Argentina special.  Lapel pins, coffee mugs, etc.

View Quote

And here I was all happy they were representing Texas.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And on that bombshell. .....
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Forgot to post this after I saw the special,

Fuck Argentina
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Forgot to post this after I saw the special,

Fuck Argentina
View Quote

Which episode was that?  I've been sorta looking for it.  Has it been aired?
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]
There's only British Top Gear.

Everything else is shite.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:28:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wife and I were laughing so hard we were crying. Had to rewind it in a few spots to hear what they said because we were laughing so hard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife tells me this morning, I really have not enjoyed TG that much, But the ambulance episode almost killed me it was so funny
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#26]
American Top Gear was cancelled wasn't it?  
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:33:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Somebody ripped of somebody.  too lazy to google.

Was wondering why they were wearing Texas state flags until I saw the Argentinean special
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If there was any episode they were going to blatantly rip off it would be the recent ambulance episode.

As they drive around the track trying to suck the patient off.

God nobody should try to copy Top Gear.     Ever.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Is there anyway to get the full episodes over here? The ones they show in the uk? I hate that they cut them.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is there anyway to get the full episodes over here? The ones they show in the uk? I hate that they cut them.
View Quote

ETA:  Nevermind

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I get the episodes from Amazon Instant. They run for a full hour mostly, so I guess there is minimal editing if any. But some music is changed, I guess. I haven't heard the A-Team theme during their building montages.
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

In before Clarkson says something totally awesome that pisses off a bunch of liberal twits.
View Quote

Sadly I have to wait for Netflix or Hulu to update
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

*snip*

just make sure you're using firefox with ad-block-plus and if you install flash video downloader for firefox you can download them and save for later if the stream stutters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*snip*

just make sure you're using firefox with ad-block-plus and if you install flash video downloader for firefox you can download them and save for later if the stream stutters.

Is this a bit torrent thing? I've stayed away till now. With my luck I'll get a virus.
I don't mind paying for it if there is a way. Netflix is several seasons behind, and DVDs are slow too. I which there was a subscription online or someway to get them next day. Cand wait till tv service finally gets with the times and goes online

Thanks though, I'll keep it in mind if there are no other ways
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Is this a bit torrent thing? I've stayed away till now. With my luck I'll get a virus.
I don't mind paying for it if there is a way. Netflix is several seasons behind, and DVDs are slow too. I which there was a subscription online or someway to get them next day. Cand wait till tv service finally gets with the times and goes online

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/top_gear/season_22.html

It's a site that streams.  If you're careful and have ad blockers enabled you should be safe.  You do not have to download anything so if it asks it BS.  
I think I might have been in COC violation for posting that link.  Thanks scootr29 for the head up.

Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

It's a site that streams.  If you're careful and have ad blockers enabled you should be safe.  You do not have to download anything so if it asks it BS.  
I think I might have been in COC violation for posting that link.  Thanks scootr29 for the head up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*snip*

I've removed it from my posts just in case. Don't want anyone to get in trouble. Aprechiate your help
Link Posted: 2/17/2015 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haven't found anything official about being cancelled, but it looks like they haven't ordered new episodes either.

Did anyone else catch this comment from the Season preview in ep1?

I'm guessing the season finale will be a competition with Top Gear USA.

Ah, it wasn't a full on competition just Tanner Foust going over for a Rally race that May was in also.

Hopefully BBC gets their head out of their ass and straighten things out with Clarkson.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#37]
"What's wrong with Argentina? What happened?"

"Every fucking thing."

Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:26:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like the BBC Top Gear, except for their utter hatred of anything American.

Like when they called the CTS V cheap feeling... I guess compared to a VEYRON but WTF.

View Quote

It's all jokes. They like Americans.

(American cars are garbage though. It's just national pride that prevents us from admitting it most of the time.)
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Man, you guys are slacking.

In last nights episode Jeremy and captain slow fall in love with US pickups and Richard freezes his balls off on the top of a mountain.

One of the better episodes of the season.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

In last nights episode Jeremy and captain slow fall in love with US pickups and Richard freezes his balls off on the top of a mountain.

View Quote

The thing that struck me the most about last night's episode was Clarkson's scathing review of the RC F.

That's probably the first time they've ever taken a car out for a non-humorous review and absolutely ripped it a new one. I was waiting for Clarkson to throw out that "until" or "and then" where he starts to talk about the good qualities of a vehicle, but it didn't happen. In their opinion, the car sucks so hard that they didn't even bother sending it around the track with the Stig.

If I worked on the RC F at Lexus, I'd probably shit my pants.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The thing that struck me the most about last night's episode was Clarkson's scathing review of the RC F.

That's probably the first time they've ever taken a car out for a non-humorous review and absolutely ripped it a new one. I was waiting for Clarkson to throw out that "until" or "and then" where he starts to talk about the good qualities of a vehicle, but it didn't happen. In their opinion, the car sucks so hard that they didn't even bother sending it around the track with the Stig.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dupe...see below
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A long time ago....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best show on TV

A long time ago....

You're too hard on it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone with half a brain knew that car would be a failure performance wise.

High revving V8 with poor torque to weight ratio. It really offers nothing over previous IS-F.

Funny reading Lexus forum (not everyone obv) defending the car/purchase.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You know my feelings, I find it too contrived, painful and difficult to watch these days

It's jumped a shark or something
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best show on TV

A long time ago....

You're too hard on it.

You know my feelings, I find it too contrived, painful and difficult to watch these days

To my mind, it was always contrived. It just didn't occur to me early on. I hadn't quite worked out the "formula" yet. But it was always there, and I still think it was always entertaining.

I suppose if I were to level a complaint, it would be that the contrivance needs to be changed up a bit.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:35:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best show on TV

A long time ago....

You're too hard on it.

I think you're right in many ways. I think part of it was the fact that there is a finite combination of car types and challenges they can come up with, and part of it was good old fashioned chasing of ratings. That said, I think they've turned a corner recently...

I'm not sure if Hammond was actually as pissed off as he was depicted on the mountain, but I'm pretty sure he was legitimately losing his patience in the Land Rover on the side of the dam.

I know I've already mentioned it, but last night's review of the RC F was seriously harsh. I don't know if I've ever seen a professional car review that was all negative like that. I'm pretty sure that was a new level.

There's been more than one incident with them saying or doing something less that politically correct, people getting butthurt about it, and them either apologizing or taking a step back to let it cool. That doesn't seem to be their approach with the Argentina at all. They haven't stepped back, I'm pretty sure they openly criticized Argentina during "the news" a couple weeks ago, and then there's the Chilean flags and the affection towards Chile. I'm no expert on British culture, but I see that just as much of a middle finger to Argentina as a tip of the hat to Chile.

I think they're partly returning to their roots, and partly running out of fucks to give.

I'd keep watching if it stayed as cheesy and predictable as it's been in recent series, but I think that's changing.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh cock!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:09:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was looking forward to this episode but was very disappointed. We got very little time with the trucks and way to much of Hammond's bitching and moaning.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Dunno about the RCF, but I suspect Chevy execs were nervous with how their pickup did.  Busted driveshaft while driven by Captain Slow while the Ford was beat to heck by Jezza with no real problems.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top