Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:06:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:07:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll say this for the guy.  He shouldn't have any trouble pulling tail.  His lips are practically prehensile and have a ridiculous amount of stamina.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:19:43 AM EDT
[#7]
All I learned from that video is that he is not proficient with clearing a malfunction and getting the gun back into action....and he doesn't know what "quality ammo" really is.

Quoted:

LMFAO wait, he duracoated it then replaced the GB right out the box?
View Quote

^Also that.

Nutnfancy....no shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:32:57 AM EDT
[#8]
God damn, trying to catch up on 11 pages is about as long as a Nutn video.  I've watched plenty of his vids. You gotta take him with a grain of salt. What killed me recently was his M&P 10 vid, he said that gun is awesome and in my experience it's a gaint piece of shit. He also says he never gets paid for vids and made it 'very clear' in that video. I wonder why he made such a point to say that. I also wonder how much free shit he's gotten even if he doesn't collect checks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:50:19 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm no Larue fanboy...I like their mounts but never fell in love with their rifles. That said, any MFG can put out a bad product now and then. Nutnfancy is a tool... His videos are barely comprehensible and he is hardly what I would call an expert on anything. I would take any of his videos with about as much weight as any other random youtube wonder.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like Nutnfancy.  When you want to buy something specific but want more information about it, his reviews are really good.  If you're just casually looking for some gun stuff to watch on youTube, you should steer clear of him.  I'm indifferent on LaRue; I don't own one and almost certainly never will, they don't meet a need that I have.  If you'd bothered to pay attention you'd see I've already voiced my support for LaRue in this thread.

As I've said already, the comedy of this thread is the cognitive dissonance of the posters, foremost the ones who wont even watch the first 15 minutes of the video but see a subject involving Nutnfancy ("RAGEEE!!!!") and LaRue ("Gargle!!"), and so decide to come offer an uninformed opinion not even germane to the subject at hand.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they (LaRue) undersize the gas port to make it shoot softer. Drilling out the gas block solves the problem.

Im not going to watch nutnfancy blather on for 1000 minutes, but I wonder if he could have solved it with either lighter buffer or lighter buffer spring instead of drilling.

He tried different lowers, different gas blocks, different triggers, different buffers, different buffer springs, different stocks, different ammo, different mags, different shooting conditions, different lubes, different shooters, and two trips back to LaRue.

Drilling the gas port fixed it.

So you either really like Nutnfancy or don't like LaRue. Or both.
Either way it's funny.
I like Nutnfancy.  When you want to buy something specific but want more information about it, his reviews are really good.  If you're just casually looking for some gun stuff to watch on youTube, you should steer clear of him.  I'm indifferent on LaRue; I don't own one and almost certainly never will, they don't meet a need that I have.  If you'd bothered to pay attention you'd see I've already voiced my support for LaRue in this thread.

As I've said already, the comedy of this thread is the cognitive dissonance of the posters, foremost the ones who wont even watch the first 15 minutes of the video but see a subject involving Nutnfancy ("RAGEEE!!!!") and LaRue ("Gargle!!"), and so decide to come offer an uninformed opinion not even germane to the subject at hand.

I like both of those guys and consider them each to be a blessing to the firearms community.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:00:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
15 pages, 4 timeouts
View Quote

Getting there.
Page 11 and counting.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:10:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Understood.

I've shot (at least) a few thousand rounds of everything under the sun through each of my carbines. They all work flawlessly with everything.

I'd be pissed if I spent 2k on a gun and could only run brass through it. I train enough that brass gets spendy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well.... uuhh... How to put this....

He did make a video on how he was able to make a Hi-Point run right.

But if I took basically a full work week's pay to buy a LaRue Stealth Upper, there is no frigging way that I'd either a) monkey with it or b) use shit ammo through it.

Hmm. If I spend a week's pay a gun, it better shoot anything and everything, reliably.

That's not necessarily as easy it sounds, in a world where you can walk into a well-stocked gunstore and get 55gr loads with 600+fps muzzle velocity variation. Spec the gas port for 5.56mm and it may be borderline with steel case dogshit. Spec it for commie dogshit and you get cases like the DD mk18, where they sent them out with gigantic gas ports for a while and the guns were shearing lugs in just a few thousand rounds with good ammo.

Just make sure you understand what you're really asking for first. TANSTAAFL.

Understood.

I've shot (at least) a few thousand rounds of everything under the sun through each of my carbines. They all work flawlessly with everything.

I'd be pissed if I spent 2k on a gun and could only run brass through it. I train enough that brass gets spendy.

Ya. Blaming ammo is lame. My Spikes middy will shoot it all including "weak" PMC.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:13:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Posted in the wrong thread... oops

Those quotes alone should prove the guy doesn't know what he is talking about, and should also show he admitted that it worked fine before he initially dicked with the gas block.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Posted in the wrong thread... oops

Quoted:
OK... WTF.

19:05-19:31

He's talking about velocity. He takes HIS velocity numbers for his 20" with ATI 77gr Nosler ammo... then randomly grabs some other guy's 18" velocity numbers for 77gr Noslers (who knows what ammo).... The difference is 200fps... and so he claims that he's losing 200fps from going from a 20 to an 18". Which is why he went with a 20" barrel for his long range gun.

Yeah this guy clearly knows what he is talking about! WTF This guy is a fucking idiot.

Quoted:
I know this will get burried in the GD thread so:

@29:26.... He says that the website doesn't talk about the LW-50 Barrels any more, and goes to say that maybe they removed it so they can skimp and buy something cheaper to save money...

@ 30:35 He talked about the LaRue gas block. He then specifically says "LaRue should say, ' Hey guys if you buy a stealth upper, dont change out the gas block, ever for any reason, your gun will be unreliable' "

That quote above sounds like it was reliable until he took it apart..... This guy is clearly a douche and is blaming his fuckups on LaRue.

Those quotes alone should prove the guy doesn't know what he is talking about, and should also show he admitted that it worked fine before he initially dicked with the gas block.

Game over.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Worse reliability yet"?

Does he mean "worst"?
View Quote

Yep, he should sale it. Totally put it up for sell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:35:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Worse reliability yet"?

Does he mean "worst"?

I can't breath. You should put that on a heavyweigh bumbersticker.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't believe ML hasn't came in and burnt this thread down by now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:37:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:45:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Worse reliability yet"?

Does he mean "worst"?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:17:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.

Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully over the port, which would cause under gassing.

This pic shows space for cap, scroll up to see how pics of how Larue's barrel is not made for this space, and how nutn did it anyway.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/rlr350/IMG_2267.jpg

View Quote

Gotcha...........that little space.............whereas when I installed my LaRue gas block I put it right up to the shoulder.

Thanks for the info.

ETA:  I have never heard of this "handguard spacing" cap and I don't think I have ever seen one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:25:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Gotcha...........that little space.............whereas when I installed my LaRue gas block I put it right up to the shoulder.

Thanks for the info.

ETA:  I have never heard of this "handguard spacing" cap and I don't think I have ever seen one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some barrels are designed with the barrel set up to take a handgaurd cap, so if you install a gas block without one you have to set it forward the same amount of space the handgaurd cap would take up.

Some barrels are designed to have the gas block right up on the shoulder, Larue's picture shows that it is designed this way.

Nutnfancy has his gas block set with the space, this would cause the gas block hole to not be fully ove the port, which would cause under gassing.

This pic shows space for cap, scroll up to see how pics of how Larue's barrel is not made for this space, and how nutn did it anyway.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/rlr350/IMG_2267.jpg

Thanks for the info.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:43:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Thank you!!

You know, I have seen those.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:55:20 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL, didn't watch.

FTNP
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can't believe ML hasn't came in and burnt this thread down by now.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Here is a good example. Barrel with space for cap, barrel without, same gas block, both pics from Bravo.
http://i.imgur.com/5ZeOoqI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jsNBdUJ.jpg

Now I have no idea how Larue does their spacing, all I know is Larue customer service said Nutn did it wrong, and I believe them over him.

View Quote

Thank you!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#26]
My dad has a larue ar15 and after seeing that thing out preform other rifles over the past couple years including my noveske I plan on getting a larue one day. There's nothing wrong with being a fan boy so long as your happy with the product.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Who the fuck subscribes to that guy?????  Or watches him.... 12 year olds??
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:34:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

The sad reality is that many many gun owners are truly barely functioning wack-a-doos.

There is a strong streak of derp that infests most of the community that results in idiot things like CCW badges, Taurus Judge, Uncle Mike's holsters, .38spl snubby revolvers for women shooters, shooting 10 rounds at a pie plate once a decade for training, birdshot for home defense, Beauwolf X, AR-15s are fragile jamomatics with tumbling boolits and designed to wound versus kill and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

It's not surprising that half a million idiots think nutt-hugger is a solid source for information.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:37:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The sad reality is that many many gun owners are truly barely functioning wack-a-doos.

There is a strong streak of derp that infests most of the community that results in idiot things like CCW badges, Taurus Judge, Uncle Mike's holsters, .38spl snubby revolvers for women shooters, shooting 10 rounds at a pie plate once a decade for training, birdshot for home defense, Beauwolf X, AR-15s are fragile jamomatics with tumbling boolits and designed to wound versus kill and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

It's not surprising that half a million idiots think nutt-hugger is a solid source for information.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's actually true, look at this picture from Intacto Arms.

Tumbely goodness
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fucks wrong with a snub nose 38?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#31]
In on 11 - BTL
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing.

But there is a whole lotta wrong with bogger eating morons who insist that the only firearm a woman could possibly use for personal protection is a snubby .38. The idiots who insist a woman couldn't possibly handle the mechanical complexities of a semi-auto pistol. "Right here is what you need little lady".

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

My 60 year old Aunt wants to get a pistol but, she lacks the finger strength or coordination to load cartridges into a magazine.

I am gonna work with her to see if we can get her comfortable and capable with a semi-auto but, if that fails, shes getting a .357 Smith and running .38spl +p.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This.

My 60 year old Aunt wants to get a pistol but, she lacks the finger strength or coordination to load cartridges into a magazine.

I am gonna work with her to see if we can get her comfortable and capable with a semi-auto but, if that fails, shes getting a .357 Smith and running .38spl +p.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Have you tried having her use a maglula?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

If she lacks the finger strength to load cartridges, I don't think shes going to do so hot pulling the trigger on a snubby. Go with a UpLULA as Mr_Smiley suggested.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#36]
if they had a cliffs notes version I'd watch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:44:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
if they had a cliffs notes version I'd watch.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#38]
The only problem with Larue products is that I can't afford one (without pissing off my wife).

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:51:24 AM EDT
[#39]
So, statistically speaking, what are the chances that this one rifle had an incorrectly drilled gas port?  Think about it and how it would have to happen that just ONE barrel has the wrong size.  What is the likelihood?  I'd suggest it's so low as to approach zero.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Here is a good example. Barrel with space for cap, barrel without, same gas block.

http://i.imgur.com/Hov0F8G.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jsNBdUJ.jpg

Now I have no idea how Larue does their spacing, all I know is Larue customer service said Nutn did it wrong, and I believe them over him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you!!

You know, I have seen those.

Here is a good example. Barrel with space for cap, barrel without, same gas block.

http://i.imgur.com/Hov0F8G.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jsNBdUJ.jpg

I'm more of a LaRue fanboi over NutnFancy, but didn't he say it was still fucking up after LaRue returned it, after correcting the alignment?

That would suggest alignment wasn't the issue.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm more of a LaRue fanboi over NutnFancy, but didn't he say it was still fucking up after LaRue returned it, after correcting the alignment?

That would suggest alignment wasn't the issue.
View Quote

I have no idea.

He talks too much and didn't provide concrete, specific, succinct statements on what was going on IMHO.

It kinda seemed that might be the case but on the other hand it might have been after he switched out gas blocks................fuck I don't know...............he talks too much.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Larue form said he had misaligned gas block, that they fixed it, and that it then worked.

He said it worked fine for 100 rounds after it came back, then stopped working again.

I am willing to bet it stopped working when he fucked it up again, as he rambled about how super wrong Larue was about the gas block because he blew air in it.

View Quote

Ok....educate me on this one a bit if you don't mind...............I always use a ruler or caliper to measure the distance when I have to.

What is this "blow air through it" procedure?  I mean, I can guess but what is that procedure?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:08:12 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Ok....educate me on this one a bit if you don't mind...............I always use a ruler or caliper to measure the distance when I have to.

What is this "blow air through it" procedure?  I mean, I can guess but what is that procedure?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Larue form said he had misaligned gas block, that they fixed it, and that it then worked.

He said it worked fine for 100 rounds after it came back, then stopped working again.

I am willing to bet it stopped working when he fucked it up again, as he rambled about how super wrong Larue was about the gas block because he blew air in it.

I was wondering the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:09:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
He also said he tried four gas blocks on the upper in question.

Who knows what the problem was, but he seems to habe chased it all over the gun until he finally got it to run.

Nobody can prove whose fault it was.

Really it's just a non important anecdote.
View Quote

Any pics of the other 3 gas blocks, or do we only have the one he installed incorrectly?  Because, if he installed of them like the pictured PRI with the cap space that doesn't belong, it's only proof that messing up the alignment consistently under gasses the gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:11:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

He blew compressed air through the gas tube, and because it went through, he states that means it must be perfectly aligned.

No need to measure, no need to use any of the other alignment tricks, just blow air through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was wondering the same thing.

He blew compressed air through the gas tube, and because it went through, he states that means it must be perfectly aligned.

No need to measure, no need to use any of the other alignment tricks, just blow air through.

I think we all know tools are only awesome when they're powered.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Are you fucking kidding us!!??
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Lulz

TNP Insight in a 350Z (with Mrs Nutnfancy too)
29,401 views 1 day ago
We drive back from SHOT Show and discuss lots of interesting stuff: turbocharged 350Z reliability on the long trip, how a Corvette Z06 with 650hp is the car to have, how Killer wasted a BMW M3 and tricked out SRT4, how most tuner car builds do not last and blow up or get crashed, how a really fast ride is on a Hayabusa not in a car, how TPA or Third Party Advertising fools a lot of people in YouTube and at Trade Shows, the difficulty of finding good wingman l in the TNP invented "booth review,", ungrateful manufacturers, vindictive manufacturers who attempt to crush non-fanboy voices, how Stan Pate and I represented Savage well, Waze, cop speed traps, how Mrs Nutnfancy hates fast driving now (and didn't use to...pictures!), TNPrs met, long range shooting routines, reloading, 80mph speed zones . . .

Dare you to watch

Page / 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top