BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:52:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not used to the idea of pet cremation. This one is new to me.
View Quote

This is what we did with or last GSD to pass away.  Much easier than digging a hole, hits ya right in the feels.  Unfortunatly, it will be happening again in the near future.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
So Long "Motherfucker"
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Cremation and either a small box or scattering the ashes someplace nice.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Cremation, have all the little tins.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:56:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Cremated two kitties, they will be burred with the wife when she goes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
my Golden retrievers ashes sit in their boxes on my desk, they would never leave me in life and I won't leave them behind. I don't leave my friends
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Well when my horse died a friend came over with a backhoe and we buried him in the backyard. The dogs we have put to sleep we have just left at the vet to be disposed of.
My parent ashes, we spread them on the the beach, they both loved the beach.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If the cat means that much to you don't drop him at the vet for disposal.
Pay the vet to come to your house if you plan on putting it down.  
You'll feel better about it and the cats last experience won't be fearful in a strange place.

View Quote

This. Put my dog down 2 weeks ago tonight.
Wife bought a "headstone" with a container in it for the ashes. Its about 9" x12" and easily portable.
Have the vet come to the house!.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
my Golden retrievers ashes sit in their boxes on my desk, they would never leave me in life and I won't leave them behind. I don't leave my friends
View Quote

I knew I had a kindered spirit with you.
Cheers sir.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We have had several cremated.
View Quote

Same here. I would've buried some but I'm too old now to dig holes big enough for a lab or husky.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So Long "Motherfucker"
View Quote

No one will get that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:16:56 AM EDT
[#12]
It's a cat. I had to put my favorite dog down years ago. I will admit to shedding a tear or three. That dog was buried and is now back to dust by now. I just remember the good times, like the time he tore up a guy who broke into our house while my wife was home alone.......yes, I cared for the dog, but it's a dog. I also had to take out a gerbil that was very sick and just would not die.....days of laying in the cage.....he is buried in the hole were I ended his misery........it's a gerbil. Bury him deep, shed some tears and get over it, it's a cat..........
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:20:25 AM EDT
[#13]
We've always buried them in the woods behind our house.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:35:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Really sorry about your buddy. He's adorable.

I'd definitely give another vote for cremation. Make sure it's a respected company...there are some who will mass-cremate and give you a box of mix-n-match ashes. I've got the ashes of 2 of my cats right here in my office...guess I just take odd comfort in knowing where they are.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:44:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Don't be a dick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

One in every thread.  

COC prevents me

Why these fucking people feel the need to shit in pet threads is beyond me
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:48:38 AM EDT
[#16]
My Boxerdog is going into the "let`s make him comfortable" stage. Wife and I are building him a nice casket. Planed and sanded cedar with a very soft bed inside. We`ll put a few personal items in with him. I checked today and I can get a small backhoe for about $150 for half a day. We`ll put him at the edge of the yard where he napped a lot in the shade. I`ll keep it mowed and throw a bone out like we always did after steak night. Gonna miss my friend.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
1)   Every state has their own regulations / laws on dealing with dead pets.
2)   In the past, on farms, people have buried pets.   One cannot not just bury their pet in their yard in many places today.
3)   Their are pet cemeteries, with caskets for pets.    Your vet should be able to put you in touch with such providers.
View Quote

FUCK THAT SHIT!
Well I have pets buried on my property.  I have a couple of more that will be buried here too.
Just who in the hell is going to stop me?

Nobody is going to stop me, that's a fact!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#18]
+1 for cremation.

Google a place near you.  We found one that does individual creamation and lets you attend (if you wish).  Individual creamation lets you get YOUR pet's ashes back.  If you are anything like us, that's very important.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
+1 for cremation.

Google a place near you.  We found one that does individual creamation and lets you attend (if you wish). Individual creamation lets you get YOUR pet's ashes back.  If you are anything like us, that's very important.

View Quote

the place here does both, $45 for multiple animals, $95 for individuals. We have spent the 95 on each of ours.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:09:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#21]
When it was time for my 16 year old boxer I had her cremated, she is in a nice urn on my book case.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Ours are mostly all cremated.  1 weim, 1 sharpei x lab, 4 greyhounds.  I don't  think our doxie is there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

All 6 of our little fuzzbutts were cremated. There is a local place that does individual cremation and delivers the remains in a nice little wood box with a name plate on it. They also do a clay paw print.
We have all of them on a shelf in our house, along with a few pics of them.
Their ashes will be scattered with ours when we go.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#24]
One my cats died a few years back, he was grey and white like Buddy.

I found a nice spot in the woods in a natural area where I knew he wouldn't be bothered and buried him there.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:25:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I found a nice spot in the woods in a natural area where I knew he wouldn't be bothered and buried him there.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/d8e4/37gsy0hvd8dcuev6g.jpg
View Quote

Cute, but hes got that same look as Trigger. Like hes too smart for his own good
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
+1 for cremation.

Google a place near you.  We found one that does individual creamation and lets you attend (if you wish).  Individual creamation lets you get YOUR pet's ashes back.  If you are anything like us, that's very important.

View Quote

That's what we did with our female Sheltie when she had to be put down.  I was not expecting it but they included a ceramic paw print from her with the ashes.  It got real dusty in the room when I discovered it.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:33:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I has out wheeling the jeep one day down by the river
Up on the edge of the cliff overlooking the canyon someone had burred their dog with a nice marker.
I thought that was awesome
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:34:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I buried my cat in the backyard..... My dog later dug him back up and the remains were scattered
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I feel your pain man.  In about a two year period I had two cats die and had to have my favorite dog put down as well due to crippling hip displaysia.  I buried them all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#30]
My oldest cat is 20 years old.  I cannot fathom her dying. My second oldest is 19 years and is still agile and fast as heck and never farther than 15 feet from me, such a loyal cat.

I feel you OP
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:35:58 AM EDT
[#31]
I bury my pets on the farm in places I know will not be disturbed. I bury them "au naturale".  

I hate the idea of putting them in plastic bags or something like that.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust - and as quickly as possible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#32]
I am going to dispose of it where most convenient. When I lived in town that was either the garbage can or rose bush flower bed. Out in the country where I live now, it is the manure pile or the rose bush flower bed.

The best cat I ever had, I euthanized myself and dumped in the garbage. I lived in a duplex in the city where my options were limited. I really liked that cat and I wasn't going to make him suffer another vet trip to be killed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:39:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Not used to the idea of pet cremation. This one is new to me.
View Quote

I know someone who carries his cremated dog with him in a satchel around his neck.  It was a little dog.

I've heard the cremation process for animals is iffy, in that they combine multiple animals and the ashes may not be entirely your pet

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:41:49 AM EDT
[#34]
All of my animals go into the forest. There they are either married or given wings off a cliff. I get them as high as I can so their energy flows from the top down.

When I go I have asked my hunting and fishing partner to take half my ashes to our honey hole for elk and half to the river we fish.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote
Yet you are showing us a female calico cat.  Non-symetrical noise colors along with female calico markings.  What's her name?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:46:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm sorry. I thought this was GD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm sorry. I thought this was GD.

It is. But death of a pet isn't something to joke about. Some people consider pets a part of their family and joking about chucking it in the trash can is not taken lightly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:46:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If the cat means that much to you don't drop him at the vet for disposal.
Pay the vet to come to your house if you plan on putting it down.  
You'll feel better about it and the cats last experience won't be fearful in a strange place.

View Quote

but on the flip side, there will always be 'that spot where XXXXXX died'

our vet offered on the first dog, I was yes, right out on the back deck, Mrs. Kubota said no. We went to the vets office and held him as he died. We were all crying he was one her first patients.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:48:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yet you are showing us a female calico cat.  Non-symetrical noise colors along with female calico markings.  What's her name?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he just had some brown mixed in on little spots his nose.  And the camera lightened the color a bit, the rest of his head was grey.

He was distinctively grey and black tabby striped with a white belly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:56:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

And that would be my preference..just have no preference.

Don't know how the homeowners would feel about it either.

Plus some places have ordinances against it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got 4 fish, 1 hamster, and 1 cat buried under a raised bed garden here.

And that would be my preference..just have no preference.

Don't know how the homeowners would feel about it either.

Plus some places have ordinances against it.

They don't even have to know, and even if they did, it's a small mammal. Perfectly natural and symbolically returning to the earth is nice.
Save the sod, dig it deep-at least 18" so varmints don't smell her and dig.

I have 2 GSD,1 Brittany, and a cat in the ground here and it's nice. I remember them every time I go by their spots.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#40]
If money isn't an issue, have the vet come to your house and spend the last moments with your cat in his most comfortable spot.

If you own a house, then a good spot for burial would be my choice.  If you don't own, you can have the cat cremated and sprinkle the ashes where he liked to walk.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:05:00 AM EDT
[#41]
My wife's cat was hit on the road 3 days ago.  Indoor cat.  Got outside.  Danced with a car....(I had a thread about him scratching my kids faces - this is no longer an issue BTW)...Ground is frozen solid.  He is currently wrapped in a towel in my enclosed trailer out back.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:28:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Sad to hear. Looks like my cat Johnny O who is 13 years old and still thinks he can kick all the strays asses in the neighborhood. Came home the other night after a fight in the rain, thought he had been hit by a car. Cleaned up good though, minor damage. Little fugger had us scared!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:33:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:52:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There are 10 old friends buried here.
http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv360/wvned/Deer/DPP_0006.jpg

View Quote

that's a pretty place for them to rest...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:29:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Cremated and buried, when we've had the space - always hard to let go, sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:37:00 AM EDT
[#46]
I have three cats buried in my back yard. I dug a grave for my current cat, just in case. I live in the Midwest, so the ground is frozen solid. I'd fill the grave in with sand until spring, and then remove 6 inches of sand, and replace it with dirt.

Planning ahead. Always smart.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:47:41 AM EDT
[#47]
When dad died, mom took his ashes and the ashes of our 2 departed kitties and had them pressed into a diamond. Literally the family jewels
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:50:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Get the little guy cremated when the time comes. Some pet hospitals do it for free.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:44:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Sorry for your loss.

AlamTX Quote
"Ok, I laughed. Shoot me.It's not like he said to throw grandma in the wood chipper. Lighten up folks."
Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

No AlamTX, we don't need to lighten up, you need to remember your social graces and just please just keep it to yourself.
That's always best in these matters.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:05:55 AM EDT
[#50]
Cremation. My cat sits in an urn on my desk. When the other one goes, l will probably scatter them both in one of their favorite places.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top