Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/24/2015 8:13:11 PM EDT
SPOILER ALERT - active discussion of the current season and events from the previous two as they tie in.

Did a search, didn't find one.  So...
Season 3 starts at 10pm EST, 28 Jan 2015 on FX.
Looking forward to it!  
edited to add spoiler alert

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Great show. And looking at Holly Taylor is a bonus.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Will be interesting to see if Paige accepts that her parents are Soviet operatives and joins them, or things take a left turn at Albuquerque.

Tomorrow evening.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't wait.  One of the best shows on TV.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the few shows I actually enjoy watching.

T-minus 3:54:30 (ish)

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Great show.  I think Matthew Rhys is one of the best actors on TV right now.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Great show.  I think Matthew Rhys is one of the best actors on TV right now.
View Quote

I think they did well with assembling the cast on this - it works.  Even John Boy.  

10-minute warning for those watching.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn, why are always killing the hottest assets.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll watch season 2 if the assholes ever put it out on Blue Ray.  I bought the DVD from amazon. Just fucking terrible, picture.
Only movie I've ever returned.
How they can put the first season out on Blue Ray. Then not do the second season the same is beyond me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:23:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'll watch season 2 if the assholes ever put it out on Blue Ray.  I bought the DVD from amazon. Just fucking terrible, picture.
How they can put the first season out on Blue Ray. Then not do the second season the same is beyond me.
View Quote

If you have prime, season 1 and 2 are free to watch on Amazon Instant Video.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have prime, but I live in the boonies. My internet connection sucks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:26:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

THE best show on TV, period.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Seriously?  You guys aren't watching this show?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:00:11 PM EDT
[#14]
So glad it's back
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Love this show. Surprised it's not more popular on barfcom  
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
I love this show.

But...

Read an article in a  magazine that said that this show is the ultimate fantasy for liberal Americans who grew up hating the Reagan administration.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Good show. Keeps me guessing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#18]
One of my favorite shows
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:14:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in, comrades.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I love the era.  Hard to beat the US vs USSR Cold War stuff.

Makes me want to watch The Hunt For Red October.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

ARFCOM favorites haven't had a great track record for longevity.  Firefly, Jericho and Breaking Bad come to mind.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Love this show. Surprised it's not more popular on barfcom  

ARFCOM favorites haven't had a great track record for longevity.  Firefly, Jericho and Breaking Bad come to mind.

Breaking Bad had its full run.  It was never planned to be an indefinite show and was never prematurely cancelled.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Great show. And looking at Holly Taylor is a bonus.
View Quote

Jesus Christ.  She's 17 now (15 when she filmed Season 2).  Put it back in your pants you perv.

ETA:  I hope you really meant Keri Russell.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:41:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I love this show.
But...
Read an article in a  magazine that said that this show is the ultimate fantasy for liberal Americans who grew up hating the Reagan administration.
View Quote

Some people have difficulty differentiating between a story's protagonists and "the good guys".
IMHO, if someone does see this show as an "ultimate fantasy" of their liberal mindset, it speaks volumes about who they are.  

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:47:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Some people have difficulty differentiating between a story's protagonists and "the good guys".

IMHO, if someone does see this show as an "ultimate fantasy" of their liberal mindset, it speaks volumes about who they are.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love this show.

But...

Yep.  The article came from an entertainment magazine that is very liberal and loves to take shots at conservatives.

In the first episode this season, after Beeman is talking to john boy after he was attacked and the other guy too whose arm was in a sling....it looked like he was really thinking about his encounter with Keri Russell's character and her bum shoulder.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Yep.  The article came from an entertainment magazine that is very liberal and loves to take shots at conservatives.

In the first episode this season, after Beeman is talking to john boy after he was attacked and the other guy too whose arm was in a sling....it looked like he was really thinking about his encounter with Keri Russell's character and her bum shoulder.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love this show.

But...

Can't wait for Beeman to see the artist's sketch.  Two FBI agents giving descriptions, it should be extremely accurate.

And I think I was right when I said last season that Philip and Elizabeth are going to have problems because of the centers plans for Paige.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#27]
S3E1 was a bit slow IMO, but still pretty good.

Some more subtle observations - Paige not giving a shit about Breshnev dying, and... all the Afghanistan stuff.  I know there was some AFG talk last season, but for some reason it really catches my attention more now.  Maybe that's just because I'm reading Victory Point.

Also, Phil has that guy by the balls after he went all Wayne Brady.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like NBC is debuting what appears to be a rip off show: "Allegience".
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 10:57:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Kerri Russell.  Yum.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Can't wait for Beeman to see the artist's sketch.  Two FBI agents giving descriptions, it should be extremely accurate.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I love this show.

But...

And I think I was right when I said last season that Philip and Elizabeth are going to have problems because of the centers plans for Paige.

I wonder if he'll make the connection, and then go "naa - can't be..." or if it will click right away.

The center has plans.  And I think Elizabeth is all ready to go right ahead with them.  Phillip - not so much.  As Snoopis pointed out a few posts above, Paige just doesn't seem to care one bit about news dealing with the USSR and their antics.  I'm wondering if she will continue to snoop around like she had previously, and how that will come into play this season.  I wonder if she'll turn on her parents?

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Paige's apathy isn't necessarily a bad thing for the "Americans."  She could be a blank sheet, a blank... page? <insert doctor evil pinkie finger pose here>

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:30:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Maybe Beeman will finally make the connection and try to recruit Paige against her parents.  Paige will be caught in the middle with both countries vying for her allegiance.

The Americans and Homeland fill my need for episodic espionage.  James Bond,the Bourne movies, and the Mission Impossible series fill my cinematic needs for clandestine/tradecraft shows.

Love the genre.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:55:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Great show and love me some Keri
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 12:59:53 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I wonder if he'll make the connection, and then go "naa - can't be..." or if it will click right away.

The center has plans.  And I think Elizabeth is all ready to go right ahead with them.  Phillip - not so much.  As Snoopis pointed out a few posts above, Paige just doesn't seem to care one bit about news dealing with the USSR and their antics.  I'm wondering if she will continue to snoop around like she had previously, and how that will come into play this season.  I wonder if she'll turn on her parents?

View Quote

Beeman brook into their garage early in season 1 to check out their car that was spotted fleeing the scene.

There will be a Beeman/Phil reckoning at some point in the series.  Beeman is too good a character to kill off quickly.  Reminds me of the Hank/Walter relationship.

Link Posted: 2/2/2015 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

S3E1 was a bit slow IMO, but still pretty good.

View Quote

Some more subtle observations - Paige not giving a shit about Breshnev dying, and... all the Afghanistan stuff.  I know there was some AFG talk last season, but for some reason it really catches my attention more now.  Maybe that's just because I'm reading Victory Point.

Also, Phil has that guy by the balls after he went all Wayne Brady.

This series is very much like a chess match.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Beeman brook into their garage early in season 1 to check out their car that was spotted fleeing the scene.

There will be a Beeman/Phil reckoning at some point in the series.  Beeman is too good a character to kill off quickly.  Reminds me of the Hank/Walter relationship.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be disappointed if there wasn't.  
S3E2 tonight.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:21:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Well, that disposal scene was a little brutal.

Snap.

Crack.

Tucked and stuffed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:03:50 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Snap.
Crack.
Tucked and stuffed.
View Quote
Very, I liked her a lot. I'm always impressed with the cars they use, where do they find them ? Beeman has some set of cojones on him, did anyone else spot Kornheiser from Pardon The Interruption in the sports bar ? Speaking about the sports bar, did the even exist back then ? It looked a little too Hooters like, right ?

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:14:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Very, I liked her a lot. I'm always impressed with the cars they use, where do they find them ? Beeman has some set of cojones on him, did anyone else spot Cornheiser from Pardon The Interruption in the sports bar ? Speaking about the sports bar, did the even exist back then ? It looked a little too Hooters like, right ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Snap.

Crack.

Tucked and stuffed.
Very, I liked her a lot. I'm always impressed with the cars they use, where do they find them ? Beeman has some set of cojones on him, did anyone else spot Cornheiser from Pardon The Interruption in the sports bar ? Speaking about the sports bar, did the even exist back then ? It looked a little too Hooters like, right ?

Yeah - not sure many were actually called "sports bars", but most bars I went into in the early/ mid 80s had TVs playing sports and major news events, pool tables, and sometimes a few video game consoles.  The waitresses were dressed nicely or a bit slutty depending on the establishment.

Beeman was walking just a little bit stiffly after he turned and walked to his car.  Almost like he was expecting a bullet or something.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:25:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I miss the Ivan chick Nina ..... OMG what a hot piece of wajeena she is (such a shame we cant look here)

I hope Clark chokes out that Martha thing soon

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:28:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I miss the Ivan chick Nina ..... OMG what a hot piece of wajeena she is (such a shame we cant look here)

I hope Clark chokes out that Martha thing soon

View Quote

Nina might not be a goner yet.  She was paid a visit in prison - something might be up.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Only show I enjoy that I wish to see the protagonists die in a fire. Well there is the Walking Dead but I don't enjoy that show at all so I guess it doesn't count.
View Quote

I'm hoping it will be satisfyingly epic when their world goes "boom".

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:36:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Is this show kind of like Amerika from the 80's?
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:42:48 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Is this show kind of like Amerika from the 80's?
View Quote

Not even close IMHO.  Cold War spy vs spy on US soil.  The show's protagonists are a pair of deep-cover Soviet agents (called "illegals") posing as a typical American family next door.  Shown from the point of view of them, their handlers and their diplomatic missions, as well as a small group of FBI agents trying to find them.  Espionage, kidnappings, assassinations, blackmail, etc...

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:51:58 AM EDT
[#46]
JFC.....watching tonight's episode from earlier on my recordings and they're taking it to the network limit right now.  Broad is buck naked and they're snapping bones .

This is by far my favorite time of year for TV watching.  I don't religiously watch many shows, but the ones that I do all air together this time of year.  Always Sunny on Tuesdays, American's on Wednesdays, Vikings will be starting up again on Thursdays in two weeks, Black Sails on Saturdays, Walking Dead on Sundays, and used to be Breaking Bad, but will now be Better Call Saul (if the show is any good) also on Sundays.  Wish I had a near nightly recording of a good series to watch year round like this.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:14:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

JFC.....watching tonight's episode from earlier on my recordings and they're taking it to the network limit right now.  Broad is buck naked and they're snapping bones .
This is by far my favorite time of year for TV watching.  I don't religiously watch many shows, but the ones that I do all air together this time of year.  Always Sunny on Tuesdays, American's on Wednesdays, Vikings will be starting up again on Thursdays in two weeks, Black Sails on Saturdays, Walking Dead on Sundays, and used to be Breaking Bad, but will now be Better Call Saul (if the show is any good) also on Sundays.  Wish I had a near nightly recording of a good series to watch year round like this.
View Quote

I think she was small enough to fit in that suitcase without having her joints broken so they could fold her like cheap suit... but got to have that shock factor I guess.

Looking forward to upcoming Thursdays as well.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 2:48:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I think she was small enough to fit in that suitcase without having her joints broken so they could fold her like cheap suit... but got to have that shock factor I guess.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you like Vikings, you should check out Black Sails.  Not about Vikings, but Pirates on New Providence Island in the 1700's.  It's a Starz series, so not on regular cable, but that means its got the girls and nudity like Game Of Thrones.  If you played Assassin's Creed Black Flag, it makes the show that much better.  It's 2 episodes into Season 2 now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
If you like Vikings, you should check out Black Sails.  Not about Vikings, but Pirates on New Providence Island in the 1700's. It's a Starz series, so not on regular cable, but that means its got the girls and nudity like Game Of Thrones.  If you played Assassin's Creed Black Flag, it makes the show that much better.  It's 2 episodes into Season 2 now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you like Vikings, you should check out Black Sails.  Not about Vikings, but Pirates on New Providence Island in the 1700's. It's a Starz series, so not on regular cable, but that means its got the girls and nudity like Game Of Thrones.  If you played Assassin's Creed Black Flag, it makes the show that much better.  It's 2 episodes into Season 2 now.

Well, we don't get starz so I guess that's one I'll have to check out later via alternate methods.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:10:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Is it bad, that I want the commies whacked EVERY episode?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top