BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just when I think I've read it all, I see something like this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...  and even my wife that I love, I almost divorced two years ago when her grandmother was diagnosed with huntington's disease. It was only after she tested negative for the gene that I agreed to stay. I did not want to be forced to support someone else. Especially not someone carrying a genetic disease.

Apparently a lot of you don't understand how a genetic disease works or what huntington's entails. We could never have children because they would have a 50% of getting it. Starting in her 40's her mind and personality would start to degrade, and she would become angry. Into her 50s her speech and mind would further decline, and then her body would start. During her 60's her days would be spent in pain, unable to even hold a spoon or glass to feed herself. Her water would need thickened to prevent drowning and the most likely cause of death would be suffocating on her own tongue. It is a miserable existence and unbelievably hard on anyone involved. Most divorces happen over infidelity and petty arguments about money. An early death and likely corruption of your offspring's genetic data would defeat the purpose of even being alive or reproducing. It is  a far more valid reason. Again. You can't think with your emotions. You guys can think i'm cruel, but I'm nothing more than a realist. I'm a realist about abortion. I'm a realist about death, and i'm a realist about human worth. Trying to attach your feelings to these issues will only cloud your thought process.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Worthy is not a word, I ever mentioned. That implies some decision making on my part. Ones right to survive should be determined by ones own ability to survive.

If an injured veteran decides to budget their funds, eliminate debt, and properly save for their long term survival than they could continue to survive off their intelligence and foresight long after their body gives out. If someone fails to do that, then no one should be forced to pay for their survival. Even an ability to touch the lives of other around you and have them cover your later cost can be considered a type of survival technique.

However, our current system makes us all contribute to others that  can not maintain themselves. You evoke the veteran to tug on my heartstring  (I was wounded while deployed myself), but what about the guy that fakes an injury or the woman that discovers that reproducing will get her free housing?

In regards to my family, my brother was killed when we were kids because of his own stupidity. My mother is in the process of dying now (on the taxpayer bill because she is an awful woman that no living family will help)  and even my wife that I love, I almost divorced two years ago when her grandmother was diagnosed with huntington's disease. It was only after she tested negative for the gene that I agreed to stay. I did not want to be forced to support someone else. Especially not someone carrying a genetic disease.

I see people in this thread complain about abortion, but i highly doubt that those people have gone out and adopted as many children as they could afford. I doubt they are fighting for a quicker and cheaper adoption process in this country. I doubt that any of them would be willing to take on an infant with a permanent debilitating disease, and the cost of doing so. No, they want to complain from some perceived moral high ground, while doing nothing to ease the problem. At least I apply my beliefs to everyone fairly, and have gone out of my way to insure that I live by these principles.
I have no idea what an 88er is.

ETA: googled 88er. Not sure what anything I have said has to do with Nazi followers. In case your history is cloudy, the Nazi's killed people. They killed people that were doing just fine on their own and by no means were being held up by others. You are for some reason correlating my beliefs to murder, but let me give you a better example. A child is playing with a ball. The ball rolls onto a frozen drainage area. The child foolishly chooses to run onto the ice to retrieve the ball and the ice breaks. A person watching does nothing. This is my scenario. The nazi equivalent would be actively throwing the child into the icy water. The two are not at all related

I agree.  

He's managed to include eugenics, materialism, determinism, ...and think I detect a dash of objectivism, with a hint of moralism (but I might be wrong about the last two) all in one stew of wtf.  

Amazing....absolutely....amazing.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:31:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You can think what you want, but my mind isn't bound by feelings or some religion. Everything I have stated is based only in numbers. A farmer with a disease moving through their herd will cull as needed to insure the overall survival of the herd. Same thing with injured or poorly producing animals. When you detach yourself from the artificial value prescribed to humans, it is much easier to see the benefits of easily accessible abortions. When building targeting packages while deployed, I often had to ask myself; what is the potential for harm caused by or reformation of the target. It was all based off of potential. If the numbers weren't in their favor the package would be pushed forward and the target was usually eliminated. The numbers are not in favor for the vast majorit that are aborted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The other poster was right, there is something amiss in your brain

You can think what you want, but my mind isn't bound by feelings or some religion. Everything I have stated is based only in numbers. A farmer with a disease moving through their herd will cull as needed to insure the overall survival of the herd. Same thing with injured or poorly producing animals. When you detach yourself from the artificial value prescribed to humans, it is much easier to see the benefits of easily accessible abortions. When building targeting packages while deployed, I often had to ask myself; what is the potential for harm caused by or reformation of the target. It was all based off of potential. If the numbers weren't in their favor the package would be pushed forward and the target was usually eliminated. The numbers are not in favor for the vast majorit that are aborted.
We ain't cattle and there is more than just something amiss in your brain.

By your own words you're border line (maybe over the line) sociopath.

A real shrink would have a field day with you on the couch.

I'm not trying to insult you , you really are in need of help.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

In regards to my family, my brother was killed when we were kids because of his own stupidity. My mother is in the process of dying now (on the taxpayer bill because she is an awful woman that no living family will help)  and even my wife that I love, I almost divorced two years ago when her grandmother was diagnosed with huntington's disease. It was only after she tested negative for the gene that I agreed to stay. I did not want to be forced to support someone else. Especially not someone carrying a genetic disease.

OMG, this guy is sick, I wonder if he would put a gun in his mouth if he got cancer and couldn't pay for his treatments rather than suck off us producing Humans?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...  and even my wife that I love, I almost divorced two years ago when her grandmother was diagnosed with huntington's disease. It was only after she tested negative for the gene that I agreed to stay. I did not want to be forced to support someone else. Especially not someone carrying a genetic disease.

He's a 13er so maybe just maybe he's trolling us, a lot of work to look like a sociopath though

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Apparently a lot of you don't understand how a genetic disease works or what huntington's entails. We could never have children because they would have a 50% of getting it. Starting in her 40's her mind and personality would start to degrade, and she would become angry. Into her 50s her speech and mind would further decline, and then her body would start. During her 60's her days would be spent in pain, unable to even hold a spoon or glass to feed herself. Her water would need thickened to prevent drowning and the most likely cause of death would be suffocating on her own tongue. It is a miserable existence and unbelievably hard on anyone involved. Most divorces happen over infidelity and petty arguments about money. An early death and likely corruption of your offspring's genetic data would defeat the purpose of even being alive or reproducing. It is  a far more valid reason. Again. You can't think with your emotions. You guys can think i'm cruel, but I'm nothing more than a realist. I'm a realist about abortion. I'm a realist about death, and i'm a realist about human worth. Trying to attach your feelings to these issues will only cloud your thought process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the promise to love and care for your wife (implied by marriage) or spoken means shit to you huh slick?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OMG, this guy is sick, I wonder if he would put a gun in his mouth if he got cancer and couldn't pay for his treatments rather than suck off us producing Humans?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Absolutely would. Not a gun though. I wouldn't want my death to be used to inflate some anti gun activists numbers. That would be selfish. My living will states outright to not allow the use of any life support methods beyond basic resuscitation. I have a separate account designated for medical emergencies that i pay into monthly, and advanced directives stating the point to cease care. My cremation and urn are already paid for. I apply all of these ideas equally to myself. Only a hypocrite wouldn't. That is what is so bothersome about the anti abortion crowd. They still get divorces, they aren't actively tying millstones around the neck's of child abusers and casting them into the sea. They are having sex outside of marriage; all the while seizing onto a verse that doesn't even directly state no abortion and trying to control other's lives.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Absolutely would. Not a gun though. I wouldn't want my death to be used to inflate some anti gun activists numbers. That would be selfish. My living will states outright to not allow the use of any life support methods beyond basic resuscitation. I have a separate account designated for medical emergencies that i pay into monthly, and advanced directives stating the point to cease care. My cremation and urn are already paid for. I apply all of these ideas equally to myself. Only a hypocrite wouldn't. That is what is so bothersome about the anti abortion crowd. They still get divorces, they aren't actively tying millstones around the neck's of child abusers and casting them into the sea. They are having sex outside of marriage; all the while seizing onto a verse that doesn't even directly state no abortion and trying to control other's lives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe you at all on most of this.

So you go on about "that would be selfish" but would walk out on your sick wife to avoid bills and taking care of her, even if she just had a the gene and was not even sick, the words I am looking for would surely get me banned.

Something happened to you over there, or maybe you were born defective in human feeling, either way what did you say about defectives?  

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:12:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old-Painless, I'm with you on this one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Why can't murdering mommies pay for their own infanticides?  I haven't asked them to subsidize my lead free hunting ammo.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I support taxpayer funds for abortion. The alternative is a lifetime of subsidies for both babymama and her litter, and another generation of more democrats voting for more bread and circuses.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:39:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Pregnancy isn't an illness so there isn't an ethical leg to stand on in requiring others to pay for ending one.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:41:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Hell, I'm in favor of no taxpayer funding for health insurance, medical care, food stamps, housing or cell phones.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I support no taxpayer funding for a lot of things
I'm one of those crazy people that thinks the gov't should be involved in as few a number of things as possible
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bingo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its probably the most responsible use of money by our government. If a kids not wanted before its born do you really think that the mother is going to put her time and money into raising it? We can spend $200 to stop the problem before it starts, or we can pay for the problem for a minimum of 18 years.  We recoup our tax money in the first or second prenatal exam. So yeah I'm against the bill and all for gov funded abortion.

Bingo

Why is it that the demographic and geographic areas where there are the most abortions are ALSO the same demographic and geographic areas where we have the most single mothers and welfare recipients?

Your plan doesn't seem to be working.   Quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:03:04 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Maybe the part in blue is where we need to change things.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I support taxpayer funds for abortion. The alternative is a lifetime of subsidies for both babymama and her litter, and another generation of more democrats voting for more bread and circuses.

That will only change when the cheddar runs out.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
His arguments are even more valid today than they were then. We are interfering with the natural checks and balances by spreading food to famine stricken areas, cures to disease prone areas, and utilizing methods to keep others alive longer. All in the name of "helping" others. By doing this we increase the casualties of catastrophic events, but the death rates are still too low. Outside of a large scale famine, plague, or real war, we should not be breeding at this rate.
View Quote

That's one of the more misinformed and uneducated statments I've seen here.  In fact, it sounds like it comes directly out of the creed of one of those radical human-hating hippy groups that thinks all humans should be sterilized and most of us should be killed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:02:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He's a 13er so maybe just maybe he's trolling us, a lot of work to look like a sociopath though

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's not trolling, he's a true believer.  His positions on this and other things, while very poorly presented and barely logical (to the point it's obvious he's reading out of a book that's way above his comprehension level), have been consistent the whole time he's been here.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:06:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

His wife should divorce him before he pulls a full John McCain or Newt Gingrich. Better to split now then for her to have a kid he doesn't want or is not willing to support.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I don't support doing dumb, useless things that help the Democrats.

Maybe next we should propose that grenade launchers be sold in mall vending machines. That'll be a big help when whoever is debating Hillary. This is the abortion equivalent of Open Carry Texas.
View Quote

This.

I mean I support the bill in principle (the list of things I support being funded by taxpayers is a damn short one), but the timing of this just seems stupid. And to what end? How much is the federal government spending on abortions? This is pandering to social conservatives. The amount of money saved will amount to a rounding error in the federal budget. Great. It accomplishes basically nothing AND it annoys almost half the country. Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I will post it again, 50,000,000+ abortions later we still have more fatherless children and single mothers on the taxpayer dime than at any time in American history.  More than before  Roe v. Wade and the cost have not come down. Full government dependence by a section of US society and a government that subsidies the behavior....which we all know results in more of it.

Mass infanticide had not lowered the costs or numbers being served by  Prison Incarceration, Schooling, Food Stamps, Other Welfare, it will continue to increase as long as there is system that tolerates and supports it.

Ps Remember we are also being told that we need to import more low skilled workers....wonder if there is a correlation with the numbers....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:21:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This.

I mean I support the bill in principle (the list of things I support being funded by taxpayers is a damn short one), but the timing of this just seems stupid. And to what end? How much is the federal government spending on abortions? This is pandering to social conservatives. The amount of money saved will amount to a rounding error in the federal budget. Great. It accomplishes basically nothing AND it annoys almost half the country. Awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe next we should propose that grenade launchers be sold in mall vending machines. That'll be a big help when whoever is debating Hillary. This is the abortion equivalent of Open Carry Texas.

This.

It energizes the Republican base.  Nobody gives a fuck what it does to the LIV on the democrat side, they're not going to vote Republican anyway.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:42:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

He's not trolling, he's a true believer.  His positions on this and other things, while very poorly presented and barely logical (to the point it's obvious he's reading out of a book that's way above his comprehension level), have been consistent the whole time he's been here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm just relieved there's someone here colder than me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Why is it that the demographic and geographic areas where there are the most abortions are ALSO the same demographic and geographic areas where we have the most single mothers and welfare recipients?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Its probably the most responsible use of money by our government. If a kids not wanted before its born do you really think that the mother is going to put her time and money into raising it? We can spend $200 to stop the problem before it starts, or we can pay for the problem for a minimum of 18 years.  We recoup our tax money in the first or second prenatal exam. So yeah I'm against the bill and all for gov funded abortion.

Bingo

Yeah, mind backing that up with numbers and historical data comparing them in relation to abortion availability and controlling for other factors?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

It energizes the Republican base.  Nobody gives a fuck what it does to the LIV on the democrat side, they're not going to vote Republican anyway.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

Cite?

Unless by energizes you mean the half that were going to vote republican no matter what are all even more likely to vote like they'd already planned and the other half who are all "Fuck, not this shit again."

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#27]
The demturd progressive base are foaming at the mouth against this. thinkprogress, repealhydeamendment, ACLU, ..... commie social progressive bloggers are out in force. These communist shitbags and their liberal allies will not stop until it's single payer

Anyone else remember Bart Stupak blue dogs holding out until Soetoro promised obamatax would abide by the Hyde Amendment.

In deal with Stupak, White House announces executive order on abortion
Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.), the leader the pro life holdouts, said he and others in the group can now support a far-reaching health-care package, apparently giving Democrats the votes needed to pass the bill later tonight.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:46:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that is all people are trying to say in this thread.  Fix the welfare problem first.  Then worry about abortion funding.  But according to another poster that opinion is racist.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:51:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

But most of the country supports it!  Won't you think of the children.  All those poor babies could be adopted by all the posters in this thread.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:54:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I will post it again, 50,000,000+ abortions later we still have more fatherless children and single mothers on the taxpayer dime than at any time in American history.  More than before  Roe v. Wade and the cost have not come down. Full government dependence by a section of US society and a government that subsidies the behavior....which we all know results in more of it.

Mass infanticide had not lowered the costs or numbers being served by  Prison Incarceration, Schooling, Food Stamps, Other Welfare, it will continue to increase as long as there is system that tolerates and supports it.

Ps Remember we are also being told that we need to import more low skilled workers....wonder if there is a correlation with the numbers....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok.  So on what planet does outlawing abortion help reduce those things you mention?  I don't think its gonna help.  Quite the opposite.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#31]
You can take this at face value, as I expect you would...

..but one of my ex-girlfriends (current GF at that time) chose to abort our child. As far as I'm concerned, she killed our potential child, against my will and extreme protests... As far as I'm concerned, it constituted murder. Take it how you will, but it was a person that would have been born had she not chosen to have "it" killed.

I've never been able to have a normal relationship since that. I find that I just can't bring up the strength to trust anyone enough since that event.

I can't even begin to describe how powerless it feels to have to watch a self-absorbed bitch murder your unborn child. It's just horrible. Men don't get any say in the matter.

That is all I have to say.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't?

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Cite?

Unless by energizes you mean the half that were going to vote republican no matter what are all even more likely to vote like they'd already planned and the other half who are all "Fuck, not this shit again."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Cite?

How about some cold hard figures on how many libertarians are now going to vote Dem..because the Reps cut off funding for abortions.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:45:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Cite?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Cite?

That would be the definition of "Republican Base", what did you think it was, the people who don't vote or the democrats?  The Republican Base doesn't vote unless their candidates are doing what they want them to.  This is an issue they want them to work.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:46:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How about some cold hard figures on how many libertarians are now going to vote Dem..because the Reps cut off funding for abortions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Cite?

probably pretty much zero.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:19:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Been thinking about this for the past couple of days since first reading this thread.

I'm torn.

On one hand fuck .gov keep your and the FSA's hands off my money.

On the other hand, $300 one time payment for an abortion vs millions over the life of a piece of shit FSA members life.

J-
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 5:23:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Let them murder on their own dime, learn from their mistakes, not use abortion as post-coitus birth control.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:28:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Ok.  So on what planet does outlawing abortion help reduce those things you mention?  I don't think its gonna help.  Quite the opposite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about on what planet where it is legal has it reduced them?

Oh that right, it has not.  but Lets not get in the way of Freedom.  you know the freedom to stick a pair of scissors in the brain of the unborn, and then rip them limb from limb.  especially if they fall into the "correct" category, of being poor and generally a darker shade then most Europeans. Or the freedom to chemically burn them with a highly concentrated saline solution.  Screams freedom and liberty to me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No you are not a realist about human worth. your less then human yourself, you fall int the category of monster, and obviously you lack integrity if you won't even stand by your own wife. i don't know maybe your vows did not include "in sickness or in health till death do us part"

You are more in line with the Nazis, because you have determined who you think deserves life and the rest are the unwanted.  The Nazis put to death more then 6 million Jews.  there was at least another 6 million of undesirables.  

I really do pray for your wife.  

Who do you call first when she gets a cold? Doctor or divorce lawyer?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's not cold, that is selfishness like I have never seen before, and there are some seriously selfish individuals on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I think that is all people are trying to say in this thread.  Fix the welfare problem first.  Then worry about abortion funding.  But according to another poster that opinion is racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no they are saying that freedom is all about murdering the unborn.  That is and of itself first,

Lets say that magically we are able to eliminate the welfare problem, then what.  you really think that the pro baby murders in this thread are going to soften their view?  I don't
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But most of the country supports it!  Won't you think of the children.  All those poor babies could be adopted by all the posters in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

oh please give it a rest.

I get it Pro life means bad evil person

Pro murder the unborn means pure as the wind driven snow
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 6:41:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You wouldn't?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You wouldn't?

you are missing the point, I think on purpose
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#44]
I like how our fiscal libertarians are all in favor of using govt funding for abortion.  Hence why I call them liberaltarians.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#45]

This question is never addressed, because it demonstrates the need to address cultural and moral issues if we are to tackle the fiscal issues associated with the Welfare State.

This thread illustrates CLEARLY that Libertarians will default to social liberals at the expense of fiscal conservatism, when push comes to shove.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:52:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This question is never addressed, because it demonstrates the need to address cultural and moral issues if we are to tackle the fiscal issues associated with the Welfare State.

This thread illustrates CLEARLY that Libertarians will default to social liberals at the expense of fiscal conservatism, when push comes to shove.
View Quote

Because some States have a limit on the number of children you can get freebies for?
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Public funding should never go towards abortion.  Directly or indirectly.

It is not healthcare. Sex is a choice. A child is not a disease.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You know I hear this argument all the time.  Doesn't explain the overcrowded group homes and government subsidized foster homes full of unwanted kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I support no taxpayer funded abortion but I do support taxpayer funded birth control and drug testing for benefits. Adoption is the option with "unwanted" pregnancies. We've got many Americans going overseas to adopt when they could do so here.

You know I hear this argument all the time.  Doesn't explain the overcrowded group homes and government subsidized foster homes full of unwanted kids.

Americans would rather import a kid from another country.Some cases, because the process is easier. Others,  It makes them look like they're helping the world.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:28:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Americans would rather import a kid from another country. It makes them look like they're helping the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I support no taxpayer funded abortion but I do support taxpayer funded birth control and drug testing for benefits. Adoption is the option with "unwanted" pregnancies. We've got many Americans going overseas to adopt when they could do so here.

Americans would rather import a kid from another country. It makes them look like they're helping the world.

Not true.  The rules for adopting a child in this country is horrible.  Thats why people adopt from out of country.

*edit* seems you edited to account for my response.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm against taxpayer funding of anything a normal person could reasonably be expected to provide for themselves.

Housing, food, medical care, birth control, retirement, etc., is none of the government's business. The government needs to stick to building roads and winning wars.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top