Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2015 7:53:11 AM EDT

that's some serious height! I doubt he will be a tanker!

article says not a NBA type player but I bet he still would of made millions playing in Europe. says a lot about the quality type person he is. tallest guy I remember seeing running up and down longstreet road was 6'-6''.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
that's some serious height! I doubt he will be a tanker!

article says not a NBA type player but I bet he still would of made millions playing in Europe. says a lot about the quality type person he is. tallest guy I remember seeing running up and down longstreet road was 6'-6''.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/duke-s-marshall-plumlee-will-join-the-u-s--army-after-graduation-202252712.html

View Quote

Pilot?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:28:51 AM EDT
[#2]
All of the Plumlee brothers are huge dudes. Good on him!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Not an extremely talented guy.  But he's big, powerful and an extremely hard worker.  Good on him.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Too tall II
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:52:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh.   David Robinson is far more impressive.  Naval Academy grad, served his two years following graduation and then went on to have an amazing NBA career.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Robinson_(basketball)#College_basketball_career_and_military_service
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]
UNC > dook

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#7]
"You a big fucker"
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#8]
In todays army where the soldier needs to fit a ever expanding list of equipment how is it possible or practicle to make use of a 7" guy ?

Is there a height limit?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I worked with a guy that was around 6'10".....he was essentially MNC in a combat arms operational role.....just too big for a lot of tasks. He ended up going warrant and working up in the BN HQ somewhere.  I have no use for a guy that big and have scrubbed other big guys off of manifests because of their size/weight. IMO, a 7' dude is detriment to a combat arms unit and hopefully this guy ends up in the Quartermaster Corp or Admin.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:16:19 AM EDT
[#10]
mother fucker will be at the front of every god damned road march.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Whoever that PMS is might be getting a phone call.  They aren't supposed to contract in uniform anymore.  Lawyers messed everything up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Right where he belongs.  I knew two Machine gunners that were over 6 2.  I also knew 2 LAV crewman that were "Too Big" to crew an LAV.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:49:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
that ain't no kinda hell for a mountain man like you! double row of teeth two coats of hair...

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote

lol...probably. I'm only 6'1, but guys hated me at front b/c I stride out like a mfer...

Guessing the guy won't be armor or airborne, though...

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Whoever that PMS is might be getting a phone call.  They aren't supposed to contract in uniform anymore.  Lawyers messed everything up.
View Quote

Damn, he makes her look like a spinner by comparison.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

lol...probably. I'm only 6'1, but guys hated me at front b/c I stride out like a mfer...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

highly doubtful!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In todays army where the soldier needs to fit a ever expanding list of equipment how is it possible or practicle to make use of a 7" guy ?

Is there a height limit?
View Quote

I think the ESPN article says he's 4" too tall, but he got a waiver.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:31:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Coach K is a West Pointer isn't he?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
yes he is!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is there a height limit?

6'-8" is the height limit. so the to tall to join theory goes straight out the window for maybe 99% of the population. next excuse...

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:08:39 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

highly doubtful!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

highly doubtful!

Roommate in OCS was 6'6...

He got infantry...3ID. We happened to cross paths at FOB Falcon in Iraq one day...said he hated his Brad lol Not bad unbuttoned...but closed...yeah.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Didn't we have a member or former member here say he couldn't get in because he was too tall?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:15:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ummm, I'd have to go ahead and disagree with you there.
They always put me in front because i was always the shortest guy.  Now mind you, it was USN and it was thirty years ago but the same rules apply.
Just like when you do a motorcycle ride with a bunch of friends, always put the weakest rider out front
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#24]
He's gonna need extra time whenever they have to dig fox holes
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:33:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Didn't we have a member or former member here say he couldn't get in because he was too tall?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#26]
OP, I feel sorry for  this kid.

He is just not quick enough or coordinated enough to play pro basketball.  Can't even keep up with the other Duke players.

So.....if you COULD NOT play basketball for a living and make some good money at it, would you want to be seven feet tall?   Not me.

Off topic  but another seven-foot player who CANNOT play is the Ohio State player Amir Williams.  Also too slow and can't move.  

As the season progresses, Coach Matta gives Amir Williams less and less playing time.  Good reason for that.  He simply can't play effectively.

And Amir Williams is a black kid too - not some slow white kid.  So sad for us Buckeye bb fans.  

Back to the topic at hand......I am glad the Plumlee era is rapidly nearing an end for Duke.  They can give scholarships to more athletic bigs than the Plumlee brothers.

It does your team no good to have a seven-foot player who cannot play.   Just ask Coach Matta at Ohio State.

I'll take a six-foot-nine forward who is quick and can play over a seven-foot guy who is too slow and uncoordinated every time.

The Plumlee kid may make a very good soldier though.  Great positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

And on company runs carrying the guidon.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

He is just not quick enough or coordinated enough to play pro basketball.  Can't even keep up with the other Duke players.

So.....if you COULD NOT play basketball for a living and make some good money at it, would you want to be seven feet tall?   Not me.

Off topic  but another seven-foot player who CANNOT play is the Ohio State player Amir Williams.  Also too slow and can't move.  

As the season progresses, Coach Matta gives Amir Williams less and less playing time.  Good reason for that.  He simply can't play effectively.

And Amir Williams is a black kid too - not some slow white kid.  So sad for us Buckeye bb fans

Back to the topic at hand......I am glad the Plumlee era is rapidly nearing an end for Duke.  They can give scholarships to more athletic bigs than the Plumlee brothers.

It does your team no good to have a seven-foot player who cannot play.   Just ask Coach Matta at Ohio State.

I'll take a six-foot-nine forward who is quick and can play over a seven-foot guy who is too slow and uncoordinated every time.

The Plumlee kid may make a very good soldier though.  Great positive attitude and strong work ethic.
View Quote
you belong to stormfront?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Coach K will probably get the new 2LT a slot as asst. coach at USMA Prep School if he wants it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Coach K will probably get the new 2LT a slot as asst. coach at USMA Prep School if he wants it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I concur

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Amir Williams is a black kid too - not some slow white kid.  So sad for us Buckeye bb fans

I have absolutely no idea what stormfront is.  

But I am not blind and I can see that the best of the college basketball players are black.  

So if anything, I am biased in favor of black players.

You might want to work on your reading comprehension a little.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They always put me in front because i was always the shortest guy.  Now mind you, it was USN and it was thirty years ago but the same rules apply.
Just like when you do a motorcycle ride with a bunch of friends, always put the weakest rider out front
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE HELL THEY DO.

Look, I am all about talking out of my ass, but I have never had a squid lecture me on road marching etiquette before.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

THE HELL THEY DO.

Look, I am all about talking out of my ass, but I have never had a squid lecture me on road marching etiquette before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE HELL THEY DO.

I'm 5'6", you know where I'm at in a road march?

The goddamn middle with the 240.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
THE HELL THEY DO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

THE HELL THEY DO.

damn near sigline material!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I worked with a guy that was around 6'10".....he was essentially MNC in a combat arms operational role.....just too big for a lot of tasks. He ended up going warrant and working up in the BN HQ somewhere.  I have no use for a guy that big and have scrubbed other big guys off of manifests because of their size/weight. IMO, a 7' dude is detriment to a combat arms unit and hopefully this guy ends up in the Quartermaster Corp or Admin.
View Quote

So how tall is too tall for an infantryman?
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

6'-8" is the tallest you can be without a waiver.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 6:57:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Not an extremely talented guy.  But he's big, powerful and an extremely hard worker.  Good on him.
View Quote

Is he bright? He doesn't look bright.  What was his major?  Did he have other options like a degree in engineering or something that he could use to get a good job in the private sector or was this his best option?
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 7:40:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Is he bright? He doesn't look bright.  What was his major?  Did he have other options like a degree in engineering or something that he could use to get a good job in the private sector or was this his best option?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has a Duke degree and played ball for their team.

The guy had options.  I am not saying he is smart, I am saying he has a piece of paper that says he is.  And thats what matters.  And Duke BB players always get good jobs.

You think Coach K would dump a dud on the army?  He loves his well earned west point reputation.  He has 4 stars come down there all the time.  Maybe he is just a big kid who wants to serve.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:30:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He's gonna need extra time whenever they have to dig fox holes
View Quote

His battle buddy will be saying FML when they dig a two man fighting position (depth to standard is armpit of the taller soldier).
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:37:36 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Einstein didn't look very bright either...

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Think about having to buddy carry him. Hell, getting carried by him would be dangerous as well!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:49:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
yes he is!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yes he is!

Bobby Knight was hoops coach then
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:55:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know that choosing to get a commission is a second rate option to getting a job in the private sector.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Good to know that choosing to get a commission is a second rate option to getting a job in the private sector.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GD comes through again

Link Posted: 2/7/2015 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But I am not blind and I can see that the best of the college basketball players are black.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stormfront is a neo Nazi website and is a common knee jerk accusation when someone white says something the accuser wants to promote as "racist"....
of course on the other hand sometimes it is also a legitimate reaction.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top