User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:21:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Nasir: Whatcha doin?

Marwan: I dunno, just turning the horizon into a beaten zone.

(they both laugh)

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It looks like those MRAP's are filled with mk-84's.

Anyway, came here to post this.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/A5BDBD12-FCAC-4953-A4F2-197A2F65BF59_zpszvtjuh5n.jpg
View Quote
Oh fuck!!!! I actually yelled that when the second mrap got canoed. Then was laughing my ass off when the one guy that wasn't quite close enough to survive tried surrender and received a hail of gunfire for it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From what I have seen/read, the Kurds are that "moderate" brand of Islam that seems to be missing on much of the current world stage.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

May their brand of Islam defeat the other brand of Islam.  Good work boys!

... yup

From what I have seen/read, the Kurds are that "moderate" brand of Islam that seems to be missing on much of the current world stage.

There is a saying in the ME that goes something like; "Only next to the infidel is the Kurd a Muslim."
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Most excellent! Rock on!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I am glad they finally have the heavy weapons they need
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Wish there was enough of the to take the entire ME. They are good dudes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Shame our tax dollars got wasted but least some dead Isis were involved
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Those MRAPs sure did go "BOOM!!!" real good.  ISIS tactics an doctrine must have them using MRAPs in place of amberlampses for ammo transport.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Great vid. I kept waiting for those golden BBs to hit their mark on the two retards wandering out in the open. I was refreshing to see a stable vid without a shit ton of snackbars.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Great vid. I kept waiting for those golden BBs to hit their mark on the two retards wandering out in the open. I was refreshing to see a stable vid without a shit ton of snackbars.
View Quote

Yeah the tracers were bouncing around him but never quite hitting him.

He was all " Fuck.....fuck....shit that was close "
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah I was waiting for some one to hit that fucker until I realized how for they were away.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:35:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

yeah I was waiting for some one to hit that fucker until I realized how for they were away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah...they were lobbing shit out there at him

Would have been a good time to have a 60mm handy...

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:49:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Fuck Yeah!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:03:40 AM EDT
[#15]

The dude on the right in the second pic, looks like Sgt. Sugarcookie, lost weight, grew up, and joined the army.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:05:57 AM EDT
[#16]
GO GOG OG GO!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:21:53 AM EDT
[#18]
That video was awesome. Also gave me confidence in our systems. Those ATGM's took the MRAP's out of the fight but the crew looked to be still in the fight.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:27:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
the Kurds know how to fuck shit up. Too bad they didn't have the arms and equipment all along.
View Quote

One more bullet point on the long list of people Obama has helped fuck over, right there.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:28:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, those rounds were coming down at such a steep angle that may as well have been mortars..lol  That's some long range spray and pray right there
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:30:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How many yards away was running man in the 3 minute time frames?
View Quote

Going by the flight time of the missile and the angle the tracers were coming down from.. it was far.  Probably in the 1000m ballpark.  I could be off, since I haven't been to a range that featured missles and long range MGs in several years now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:34:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ISIS put our MRAPs to good use for Kurd ATGM practice.

I'm quite stunned at the cameraman's ability, as well as the use of Snackbar only a handful of times throughout a 7min video of engagement.

LiveLeak video.  No embed.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder how the Iraqi army is going to do as far as holding up their end of this.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:55:32 AM EDT
[#24]
The Kurds deserve their own country. They've been getting screwed over since the Versailles Treaty.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:58:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:08:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#27]
I like how the ISIS goat fucker is happy when his ride shows up but moments later you hear:

Bill Whittle's Firewall  Ssswooooossss.............................BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:10:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Going by the flight time of the missile and the angle the tracers were coming down from.. it was far.  Probably in the 1000m ballpark.  I could be off, since I haven't been to a range that featured missles and long range MGs in several years now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure you noticed some of the tracer burnout as well...that should be a pretty good indicator.

1000m is probably in the ballpark.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#29]
It is always great to see the Isis fuckers getting their asses kicked but I assume those MRAPs are courtesy of the U.S. tax payer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:28:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Fuck ya.

Get you some, peshmerga
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It is always great to see the Isis fuckers getting their asses kicked but I assume those MRAPs are courtesy of the U.S. tax payer.
View Quote

They are not, Iraq purchased ILAVs from Force a Protection Inc. they are a lighter version of the Cougar MRAP that coalition forces use. Much like their Abrams and ASVs, the Iraqis bought these vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They are not, Iraq purchased ILAVs from Force a Protection Inc. they are a lighter version of the Cougar MRAP that coalition forces use. Much like their Abrams and ASVs, the Iraqis bought these vehicles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad to know that now.

Lighter version as in less capable or durable?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:35:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That was beautiful.
View Quote

FPNI
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:43:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I wonder how the Iraqi army is going to do as far as holding up their end of this.

View Quote

If past performance is any indicator of future returns, we all know the answer to that question.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:51:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Outstanding.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:54:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Kurds deserve their own country. They've been getting screwed over since the Versailles Treaty.
View Quote

Ageed!  If they don't get their own country after all this, we should all bow our heads in shame
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Sure you noticed some of the tracer burnout as well...that should be a pretty good indicator.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Milan does 200m/s, and the far MRAP shot took about 7s.

Also, I think you can see a Milan fall shot at 2:00.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#38]
My brother loves the Kurds spent his in counry R&R in Kurdistan in 2004.

Good to see they are still sending bad guys to hell.

I wish them luck and I hope they kill ISIS by the thousands.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Ageed!  If they don't get their own country after all this, we should all bow our heads in shame
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol the Kurds won't get their own country.

That being said I'd go over and help fight with the Kurds.  Good people.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
ISIS put our MRAPs to good use for Kurd ATGM practice.

I'm quite stunned at the cameraman's ability, as well as the use of Snackbar only a handful of times throughout a 7min video of engagement.

LiveLeak video.  No embed.
View Quote

i haven't watched it all yet but I noticed the kurds aren't chanting aloha snackbar.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Sounds like an American filmed video.

No constant mumbled snackbar chanting.
Several times cheers instead of snack bar when a hit.
Fairly controlled shooting.
No super annoying screeching song in background.

Its nice to see our cultural has started to influence the Kurds.

View Quote

You missed notes on the celebratory fire.  At the end it was basically a World Cup cheer with AK ammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh fuck!!!! I actually yelled that when the second mrap got canoed. Then was laughing my ass off when the one guy that wasn't quite close enough to survive tried surrender and received a hail of gunfire for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It looks like those MRAP's are filled with mk-84's.

Anyway, came here to post this.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c311/rabidus_/A5BDBD12-FCAC-4953-A4F2-197A2F65BF59_zpszvtjuh5n.jpg

yeah that was pretty much awesome. aloha snackbar fuck faces!
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed, though I don't think the formation of an independent Kurdistan would exactly reduce the likelihood of future conflict in the area.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Cool video, fun to see a couple thousand American's tax dollars up in smoke.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
when I'd pass through the checkpoint north of Mosul (CP 5 if I remember), they'd be pulling security for us to welcome us into kurdistan. Super polite and accommodating and always treated us like welcomed guests. Kurdistan was a green zone, you didn't have to walk around in body armor or anything like that. Our little outpost there was staffed by Kurdish college kids from zakho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have we ever had any problems with the Pesh?  Ever?

when I'd pass through the checkpoint north of Mosul (CP 5 if I remember), they'd be pulling security for us to welcome us into kurdistan. Super polite and accommodating and always treated us like welcomed guests. Kurdistan was a green zone, you didn't have to walk around in body armor or anything like that. Our little outpost there was staffed by Kurdish college kids from zakho.

CP5 it is... used to make runs up to Habur Gate as well. I could sit up in the turrent and wave back at people with no IBA or ACH. Loved those runs.

ZAKH-OOOO!

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Cool video, fun to see a couple thousand American's tax dollars up in smoke.
View Quote
Long as a few ISIS fuckers died, I'm happy.  We waste far more money within our own borders.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Excellent.

Get some.

View All Quotes

A serious resupply

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:15:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Aside from the awesome factor of this video those were actually very well coordinated ambushes.  There were very good crossing fields of fire set up to hit the isis guys as soon as they came over the horizon of those hills.  Also you could hear the increase in small arms the minute the vehicle was disabled in anticipation of isis personnel exciting armor.

Very well done
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top