Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:49:21 AM EDT
[#1]
NATO has its own uniform now?
Why not just say they were German, UK, French or whatever uniforms?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it's bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.

One needs a very finely tuned bullshit detector to decipher whats being put out about the haps in eastern Ukraine & GD seems to get duped by the duffel blog & the Onion about monthly, so....

But then of course we have more than a few that are completely cupping Putins balls & eating up all the "Muh novorossia & dem gay nazi jews that are threatening The Rodina!" thats rampant everywhere you turn on interbutts these days.

Someone just cue the Fred Thompson pic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:27:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.

You gotta remember who the intended audience is. Russian leaders always craft some bullshit story during times of war in order to maintain the support of the Russian people. And it doesn't seem to make much difference how stupid the story may sound, the Russian people always seem to fall for it. I don't imagine there could be a bigger call to arms than suggesting Americans or NATO are somehow involved in Ukraine. "Oh teh noes! The Yankee invaders are upon our doorstep! So parents, step up and send your kids off to fight Americans in a glorious war to preserve Mother Russia". And yes, they really do that sort of thing. They did it throughout the Cold War. In fact, there were actually reports in Russian news sources suggesting Americans have actually fought against Russian troops in Ukraine back in the spring and summer.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:32:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You gotta remember who the intended audience is. Russian leaders always craft some bullshit story during times of war in order to maintain the support of the Russian people. And it doesn't seem to make much difference how stupid the story may sound, the Russian people always seem to fall for it. I don't imagine there could be a bigger call to arms than suggesting Americans or NATO are somehow involved in Ukraine. "Oh teh noes! The Yankee invaders are upon our doorstep! So parents, step up and send your kids off to fight Americans in a glorious war to preserve Mother Russia". And yes, they really do that sort of thing. They did it throughout the Cold War. In fact, there were actually reports in Russian news sources suggesting Americans have actually fought against Russian troops in Ukraine back in the spring and summer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.

Russians became pathological liars in the 20s and 30s out of necessity. Go look at production numbers from tank factories and such versus what they really put out.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:33:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.

Trust me, I know. I'm just reiterating that it is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dead serious. Ukraine is a made up country that consists of land stolen from Russia, Poland, Romania, etc. My grandparents were Poles from Lwow (hohols call is "Lviv", the animals they are). Anyway, the sooner they gone, the better off we'll all be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Novorossiya. One of the few 'countries' with the balls to stand up against Nazism. One of the few to say "Never Again".

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o800/avdubya/Mobile%20Uploads/1409233791_zps3986af0b.jpg
Damn straight. It's only a matter of time before Petro starts holding rallies and blaming all the country's problems on Jews and Commies, then the camps open, before long we're once again trying to open a western front against a Nazi regime while Russia has them bogged down in the east. Those who forget history are doomed to....something something. Before we waste all the American blood we should be sending Novorussia all the support we can.

Not sure if trolling or one of the true believers of russian propaganda we have on arfcom, leaning towards trolling

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Alleged-links-to-neo-Nazi-groups-of-fighters-on-both-sides-of-Ukrainian-civil-war-374981

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-crisis-who-are-russian-neo-nazi-groups-fighting-separatists-1463489

Dead serious. Ukraine is a made up country that consists of land stolen from Russia, Poland, Romania, etc. My grandparents were Poles from Lwow (hohols call is "Lviv", the animals they are). Anyway, the sooner they gone, the better off we'll all be.

lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol

How do you people not know he is a troll?

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:41:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

We're 14 trillion dollars in debt. Let's concentrate on paying our debt down and dealing with our own problems. If we keep heading down the road we're on we won't be able to afford to arm our own troops much less those of another country halfway around the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have a shocking idea:  why don't we stay the hell out of Ukraine and let them deal with their own shit.

I have an even better idea, let's arm the Ukrainians and enact a trade embargo against the Russians.

We're 14 trillion dollars in debt. Let's concentrate on paying our debt down and dealing with our own problems. If we keep heading down the road we're on we won't be able to afford to arm our own troops much less those of another country halfway around the world.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Double.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This thread is about Ukraine, not Georgia and notice that I specifically did not mention any US-made weapons. Kornet and RPG-30 are Russian, Spike is Israeli.
View Quote

I know it's not Georgia.  AT4's were killing non export tanks in Georgia and they will kill non export tanks in the Ukraine.  My point was there is no need to give them "advanced" anti-tank weapons as you suggested.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.

Seems to work on a certain derpy group here also...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol

He's got to be on the site staff,nobody else would get away with it so flagrantly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Retarded Russians -but I repeat myself- will see the pics and "news" and latch onto  and further the "Nazi junta funded by Jews and armed by NATO" nonsense.
View Quote

It's so transparent to an outsider, down to NATO as the Teutonic Knights funded by Eternally Perfidious Jews, that if it weren't so serious it would be so comical.

I just wonder how they have a space program.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#15]
This.............all propaganda to justify their presence

Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's bullshit.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:11:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#17]
So the RT live feeds went off the air two days ago if I recall. (I remember a specific time being mentioned on the feed as to when it would shut down)   When did this counter offensive start?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks for supporting the decline of the 2nd amendment and appeasing the anti gunners by ruining my hopes for a Izhmash Ak.

Moms demand action and the Brady campaign thank, and appreciate people like you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have a shocking idea:  why don't we stay the hell out of Ukraine and let them deal with their own shit.

I have an even better idea, let's arm the Ukrainians and enact a trade embargo against the Russians.

I have an even better idea.

Let's sell the shit out of our Natural Gas and Oil to Western Europe, sell a shit ton of arms to Ukraine, and enact a trade embargo against Russia.

If we can take the Heating Oil and Gas market away from Russia. Their fucked BIG TIME.

Thanks for supporting the decline of the 2nd amendment and appeasing the anti gunners by ruining my hopes for a Izhmash Ak.

Moms demand action and the Brady campaign thank, and appreciate people like you.

Your petty word vomit insults after being denied something akin to a gumball bring me extreme amusement.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

He's got to be on the site staff,nobody else would get away with it so flagrantly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol

Meh. If that's the case, the FedDC and 2minkey are staff trolls too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's sell the shit out of our Natural Gas and Oil to Western Europe, sell a shit ton of arms to Ukraine, and enact a trade embargo against Russia.

If we can take the Heating Oil and Gas market away from Russia. Their fucked BIG TIME.

Oh the horror! The 2nd Amendment is being hurt because you can't buy a Russia made AK! Oh no!

A economic boycott on Russia doesn't hurt the 2nd Amendment. We can get AKs from Bulgaria, Poland, Serbia, and the USA. Buying AKs from Russia hurts the 2nd Amendment because your purchases help fund a Government that wants to hurt us.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Oh the horror! The 2nd Amendment is being hurt because you can't buy a Russia made AK! Oh no!

A economic boycott on Russia doesn't hurt the 2nd Amendment. We can get AKs from Bulgaria, Poland, Serbia, and the USA. Buying AKs from Russia hurts the 2nd Amendment because your purchases help fund a Government that wants to hurt us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like how it's Americas fault that Russia's being an asshole, shelling civilians, and invading countries.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:23:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I know it's not Georgia.  AT4's were killing non export tanks in Georgia and they will kill non export tanks in the Ukraine.  My point was there is no need to give them "advanced" anti-tank weapons as you suggested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This thread is about Ukraine, not Georgia and notice that I specifically did not mention any US-made weapons. Kornet and RPG-30 are Russian, Spike is Israeli.

The Spike is fire and forget, has a top attack mode, and has longer range than the AT4. Which directly translates as less risk to the soldiers that employ them against enemy armor and more effective at killing Russian tanks. The more dead Russians the better.

It also isn't our tech. The Israelis sell arms to damn near anyone willing to pay for them. We provided our top of the line MANPADS to the Mujaheddin in the '80s to employ against the Soviets. This is no different.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 4:39:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The Spike is fire and forget, has a top attack mode, and has longer range than the AT4. Which directly translates as less risk to the soldiers that employ them against enemy armor and more effective at killing Russian tanks. The more dead Russians the better.

It also isn't our tech. The Israelis sell arms to damn near anyone willing to pay for them. We provided our top of the line MANPADS to the Mujaheddin in the '80s to employ against the Soviets. This is no different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AT4's do the job well enough as seen in Georgia.  The TOW does an even better job.  Coaxing the Russians to evolve their countermeasures is not a smart move.

Giving our latest and greatest MANPAD technology to the Mujaheddin proved not to be such a great idea in the long run...
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

AT4's do the job well enough as seen in Georgia.  Coaxing the Russians to evolve their countermeasures is not a smart move.

Giving our latest and greatest MANPAD technology to the Mujaheddin proved not to be such a great idea in the long run...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AT4's do the job well enough as seen in Georgia.  Coaxing the Russians to evolve their countermeasures is not a smart move.

There is no proof that the AT4 was effective on anything other than light armor in Georgia. The Russians lost a grand total of three tanks in that conflict. Two T-72s and one T-62. Which may have been hit by Georgian T-72s or RPGs, nobody knows. I wouldn't call that doing the job well enough.

I'm still not seeing the problem of providing them with the latest and greatest in Russian anti-tank weaponry or Israeli ones.

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:42:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is no proof that the AT4 was effective on anything other than light armor in Georgia. The Russians lost a grand total of three tanks in that conflict. Two T-72s and one T-62. Which may have been hit by Georgian T-72s or RPGs, nobody knows. I wouldn't call that doing the job well enough.

I'm still not seeing the problem of providing them with the latest and greatest in Russian anti-tank weaponry or Israeli ones.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AT4 penetrates the side and rear armor of a T-72 by even unclassified information.  That init of itsef is good enough.  Plus the three tank number from Georgia is what Russia reported as casualties.  Might want to consider the source there...

Russian anti-tank wouldn't be bad but the only thing the RPG has over the AT4 is a tandem warhead.  That is fixed easy enough by having two or three AT4's shoot at the same place.

The problem with the Izzy anti-tank spike (NLOS) is that it is on par with what the west has made and much more expensive than an AT4 or RPG.  Spike MR and LR were the only units exported to questionable countries, never the NLOS.

Russia knows the capabilities of the AT4, TOW, and RPG on it's tankd don't give them any more intel than they already have.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yeah because obviously they wouldn't want to go after the Bulgaria, Polish, Serbian imports next.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I like how it's Americas fault that Russia's being an asshole, shelling civilians, and invading countries.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it's not Americas fault why would we get involved it's not our country or our citizens ? So we're going to send massive amounts of FSA stuff to Ukraine like weapons ?  when you all don't even like the FSA bs here?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:21:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry I'm just butt hurt over the surplus ammo the new Ukraine government prevented coming over here once they got power, and of course the Izhmash aks
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:18:30 AM EDT
[#29]
AT4 penetrates the side and rear armor of a T-72 by even unclassified information.  That init of itsef is good enough.  Plus the three tank number from Georgia is what Russia reported as casualties.  Might want to consider the source there...
View All Quotes

Which is no where near as effective as the Kornet or the RPG, both of which have been used to penetrate Western armor. If it can do that, it will slice through Russian frontal armor and ERA like a hot knife through butter. The three number comes from a book entitled The Tanks of August. It has been used here as a source by Manic Moran in the past. If that source is good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Russian anti-tank wouldn't be bad but the only thing the RPG has over the AT4 is a tandem warhead.  That is fixed easy enough by having two or three AT4's shoot at the same place.

Kornet is laser-guided, has longer range, and can penetrate Russian frontal armor. The RPG-29/30 has the benefit of already being in Ukrainian inventory in limited quantities and can also penetrate Russian frontal armor. Also aids in plausible deniability, it would not be a stretch for the Ukrainians to have such weapons when they already operate large quantities of former Soviet equipment and used to actively market upgrades to said equipment.

The problem with the Izzy anti-tank spike (NLOS) is that it is on par with what the west has made and much more expensive than an AT4 or RPG.  Spike MR and LR were the only units exported to questionable countries, never the NLOS.

Your argument might have some merit if the Israelis hadn't already sold that variant to the Indians and offered it to others. The Indians have been close partners with the Russians for decades and have major problems with corruption. Due to that and past Israeli sales to India, we should assume that the Russians already have the technical knowledge from those weapon sales.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

quoted so you can't edit

lol

You really think I would want to edit something I said 2 days ago? Anyway, my grammar wasn't the best (drunk) but I obviously meant the country now called "Ukraine" needs to go away because it is nothing but land stolen from other countries by criminal scum. I'm not calling for the people to be rounded up and sent to camps, or anything of the sort. They can stay and pay their taxes* to Warsaw or Moscow or where ever they are living.

If it's consolation I feel the same way about Iraq and the borders the British drew there.

*I know the thought of salo munching hohols working is funny to some but there are many who want to work for a living and take care of their families. They aren't all criminals and nazis.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Welcome to the war of Soviet aggression folks. The original match was postponed for 25 years due to an economic rainout, but the conflict has resumed as scheduled.

This is a Cold War masturbatory fantasy coming to life. Soviets reasserting dominance over a breakaway nation, Russian tanks rolling westward, massive artillery barrages, a hotly contested air war between CAS assets and AD assets, Russian built tanks getting blown up left and right, air bases getting pounded into giant craters, poorly trained conscripts thrust into battle against Spetsnaz... Mother fucker, it's glorious and horrible at the same time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:26:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Welcome to the war of Soviet aggression folks. The original match was postponed for 25 years due to an economic rainout, but the conflict has resumed as scheduled.

This is a Cold War masturbatory fantasy coming to life. Soviets reasserting dominance over a breakaway nation, Russian tanks rolling westward, massive artillery barrages, a hotly contested air war between CAS assets and AD assets, Russian built tanks getting blown up left and right, air bases getting pounded into giant craters, poorly trained conscripts thrust into battle against Spetsnaz... Mother fucker, it's glorious and horrible at the same time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Dammit I'm going to have to read Red Army again now.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

We're 14 trillion dollars in debt.  Let's concentrate on paying our debt down and dealing with our own problems. If we keep heading down the road we're on we won't be able to afford to arm our own troops much less those of another country halfway around the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're 14 trillion dollars in debt.  Let's concentrate on paying our debt down and dealing with our own problems. If we keep heading down the road we're on we won't be able to afford to arm our own troops much less those of another country halfway around the world.

Besides didn't we learn our lesson with IRAN/Contra and arming Bin Laden against Russia in the 80's?

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:21:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, let's back down from the Soviets Russians at the start of Cold War 2.0, lets project weakness and apathy, lets let the Russians expand unchecked.  Great ideas.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:47:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Which is no where near as effective as the Kornet or the RPG, both of which have been used to penetrate Western armor. If it can do that, it will slice through Russian frontal armor and ERA like a hot knife through butter. The three number comes from a book entitled The Tanks of August. It has been used here as a source by Manic Moran in the past. If that source is good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

Kornet is laser-guided, has longer range, and can penetrate Russian frontal armor. The RPG-29/30 has the benefit of already being in Ukrainian inventory in limited quantities and can also penetrate Russian frontal armor. Also aids in plausible deniability, it would not be a stretch for the Ukrainians to have such weapons when they already operate large quantities of former Soviet equipment and used to actively market upgrades to said equipment.

Your argument might have some merit if the Israelis hadn't already sold that variant to the Indians and offered it to others. The Indians have been close partners with the Russians for decades and have major problems with corruption. Due to that and past Israeli sales to India, we should assume that the Russians already have the technical knowledge from those weapon sales.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good enough doesn't equate to best but price and trainability of a weapons system are a concern.  

That three kill number comes exactly from Russian official publications...believe that number if you like but Russians are always full of shit.

Kornet is expensive.  Much more expensive than AT4's or RPG's.

The NLOS model was not sold to India.  MR and LR variants were.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:45:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Here we go again.  

Kerry threatens more sanctions.  Those sanctions seem to be working so well against the Russians and Iranians, right?  

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/25/us-condemns-new-separatist-attack-in-ukraine-mariupol-points-finger-at-russia/
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:58:42 AM EDT
[#37]
The Ukrainians elected a pro-Russian president. The US didn't like that so they backed a coupe led by neo-nazis in Ukraine. I'm no fan of Putin, but imagine if Russia tried to setup a puppet government in Mexico, we wouldn't be very happy either.

"In 2007, 38.7% of the European Union's natural gas total imports and 24.3% of consumed natural gas originated from Russia." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_in_the_European_energy_sector

So Russia has a lot of leverage in Europe.

The US doesn't need another proxy war.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Oh yeah because obviously they wouldn't want to go after the Bulgaria, Polish, Serbian imports next.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is Poland, Serbia, and Bulgaria invading their neighbors? Is there any reason to instill a economic embargo? Last I checked, two out of the three listed are NATO Members too.

Get real and stop thinking like a child.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
If it's not Americas fault why would we get involved it's not our country or our citizens ? So we're going to send massive amounts of FSA stuff to Ukraine like weapons ?  when you all don't even like the FSA bs here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because we're an ally and promised them that if they disarm and remove their nuclear weapon we'll help keep them safe.

You know, WWII wasn't our war. Under your logic we shouldn't of helped the British out before we got involved.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:10:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Novorossiya. One of the few 'countries' with the balls to stand up against Nazism. One of the few to say "Never Again".

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o800/avdubya/Mobile%20Uploads/1409233791_zps3986af0b.jpg
Damn straight. It's only a matter of time before Petro starts holding rallies and blaming all the country's problems on Jews and Commies, then the camps open, before long we're once again trying to open a western front against a Nazi regime while Russia has them bogged down in the east. Those who forget history are doomed to....something something. Before we waste all the American blood we should be sending Novorussia all the support we can.

Not sure if trolling or one of the true believers of russian propaganda we have on arfcom, leaning towards trolling

http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Alleged-links-to-neo-Nazi-groups-of-fighters-on-both-sides-of-Ukrainian-civil-war-374981

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ukraine-crisis-who-are-russian-neo-nazi-groups-fighting-separatists-1463489

My family is Ukrainian. So you can fuck right the hell off with that shit.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Besides didn't we learn our lesson with IRAN/Contra and arming Bin Laden against Russia in the 80's?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm actually embarrassed that it's been 14 years since 9/11 and there are people still so ignorant that they keep repeating this. The US never armed OBL. They didn't. He never wanted anything to do with the US,he had his own money and his own contacts with the Pakistani intelligence and Gulf states.

I'm trying to recall what terrible lesson the US should have learned over Iran-Contra other than don't get caught. The aims were simple: fund the anti-communists and keep the Iran-Iraq war unwinnable for either side.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That its.... it is time to bust out some fun!

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Dashcam footage of rocket attack ! Guy in the car is pretty luck to get out of that one

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The Ukrainians elected a pro-Russian president. The US didn't like that so they backed a coupe led by neo-nazis in Ukraine. I'm no fan of Putin, but imagine if Russia tried to setup a puppet government in Mexico, we wouldn't be very happy either.

"In 2007, 38.7% of the European Union's natural gas total imports and 24.3% of consumed natural gas originated from Russia." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russia_in_the_European_energy_sector

So Russia has a lot of leverage in Europe.

The US doesn't need another proxy war.
View Quote
Ummmm....

Because what you just wrote gave me a tumor induced headache.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Here we go again.  
Kerry threatens more sanctions.  Those sanctions seem to be working so well against the Russians and Iranians, right?  
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/25/us-condemns-new-separatist-attack-in-ukraine-mariupol-points-finger-at-russia/
View Quote

Actually,they're not strong enough but they are beginning to work along with the Saudis pumping like crazy.Their oligarchs are spewing garbage like "the Russian people will starve for Putin". What passed for the Russian middle class is taking an absolute beating as imported consumer goods are priced out of their reach and there are domestic shortages. They can't eat gas and oil. The oligarchs are losing billions trying to keep their kleptocracy afloat;another year of them trying to keep the RUB afloat and they'll be broke. Furthermore,they're passing the misery down by cutting health care and social benefits so that they can spend it on the military because the guys in uniform need thrown a bone as those are most certainly Russians dying in Ukraine and getting planted in unmarked holes back home. If they don't get paid off with new toys or victory,they might start getting pissed too.

Iran and Russia are taking it with no lube from the Saudis. How much do you think Iran is having the spend in Syria,Iraq and Yemen right now just to maintain the status quo and how are they paying for it?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Actually,they're not strong enough but they are beginning to work along with the Saudis pumping like crazy.Their oligarchs are spewing garbage like "the Russian people will starve for Putin". What passed for the Russian middle class is taking an absolute beating as imported consumer goods are priced out of their reach and there are domestic shortages. They can't eat gas and oil. The oligarchs are losing billions trying to keep their kleptocracy afloat;another year of them trying to keep the RUB afloat and they'll be broke. Furthermore,they're passing the misery down by cutting health care and social benefits so that they can spend it on the military because the guys in uniform need thrown a bone as those are most certainly Russians dying in Ukraine and getting planted in unmarked holes back home. If they don't get paid off with new toys or victory,they might start getting pissed too.

Iran and Russia are taking it with no lube from the Saudis. How much do you think Iran is having the spend in Syria,Iraq and Yemen right now just to maintain the status quo and how are they paying for it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here we go again.  

And as a bonus, there's Venezuela thrown in.

I'm not a fan of the government picking winners in the economy, but if I were President, I'd offer tax cuts for our domestic shale oil and gas industrues.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not enough.

It's sad when the most muscular defenders of the West are the Jordos, Saudis and Egyptians.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:53:33 AM EDT
[#48]
The billionaires running Russia are telling people that they need to eat less meat and sugar,that women should go back to wearing beet root on their lips rather than Western brand makeup and stop wearing French and English underwear. I'm waiting for the announcement that wearing socks rather than foot wraps is a sign of being a Nazijewmasonichomosexual. It makes Jimmy Carter's suggestion to put on a sweater rather than turn up the thermostat quite quaint.

At some point,Russia will have to defecate or get off the pot. Yes,people will live with deprivations but only if they see it as a means towards victory. This is my concern: that Putin needs an actual conflict with the West to justify why his kleptocracy failed. If he takes the part of the Donbass that the "seperatists" currently hold it's a couple million mouths to feed that will require billions to rebuild the entirely wrecked infrastructure. Crimeans are complaining that they haven't got shit out of this and there was no conflict there. Putin is stuck: he can't admit defeat,he can't win unless his army rolls in full force and he doesn't want the bill to rebuild what he broke. He made a few gambles that didn't quite pay off: that after the Ukrainians didn't fight for Crimea they'd also surrender the east and that oil money would allow him to make this all worthwhile.

When pressed,formerly pragmatic people can start doing unrational things and who know how far he would push. I think he has too much hubris to back down but his other options are slim. Honestly,I think the best thing that could happen would be the oligarchs sacking up and deposing Putin somehow but the likelihood is very low.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not enough.

It's sad when the most muscular defenders of the West are the Jordos, Saudis and Egyptians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not enough.

This is a comically awful way to look at things but there is too much truth in it to not be sad.

el Sisi could very well be an incredibly important person in long term history,shame he isn't getting the American support that he should. Quite honestly,I don't think Obama understands and it's just that simple. Some guys rant on about him being a closet Muslim Commie and all that crap but I think the simple pathetic fact is that he has no grasp on the enormousness of what is happening and is either overwhelmed or just doesn't care. I have my doubts that Kerry could pass highschool geography or civics exams but that's another symptom of the disease.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Imediately after the 9/11 attacks, Silvio Berlusconi caught a ration of crap for correctly describing Islamic civilization as "inferior to the West."

At a news conference in Berlin, he said, "We must be aware of the superiority of our civilization, a system that has guaranteed well-being, respect for human rights — and in contrast with Islamic countries — respect for religious and political rights, a system that has as its values understandings of diversity and tolerance."

"Berlusconi's remarks angered Muslims all over the world and were denounced by several Western leaders"

That guy was awesome.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top