Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:16:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, finally watched the last episode....

He was gay the whole time!

It's the new "He was blind the whole time!".
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn, finally watched the last episode....

He was gay the whole time!

It's the new "He was blind the whole time!".
View Quote

LMAO

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
  Yeah I'm with you. Bonny's raging. Rackham's timbers are shivering. Flint and Vane are gonna kill on another. And Billy Bones is convalescing.
Also, if anything, it adds multiple layers to Flint's onion. At least we now know he is capable of compassion and love for another human being. [shrugs]
Let's get this motherfucker back on track this Saturday. What say ye?!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like somebody else pointed out. These are pirates. The kill, torture, maim, murder, rape, pillage and plunder and we are now sickened that some of them are also bisexual?

meh

I am going to keep watching. Anne Bonny - she pissed and people are probably going to die (brutally) because of it. She is my favorite character.

Yeah I'm with you. Bonny's raging. Rackham's timbers are shivering. Flint and Vane are gonna kill on another. And Billy Bones is convalescing.
Also, if anything, it adds multiple layers to Flint's onion. At least we now know he is capable of compassion and love for another human being. [shrugs]
Let's get this motherfucker back on track this Saturday. What say ye?!

Anne is one of my favorites , as well . Her and Rackham are a helluva pair.

That was quite chilling , her walking away in a huff . . . . it should be rather interesting when she unloads on whomever she's focused on .

Probably safe to say that the threesomes with those two and Max are ....well . . . . on hold , for a bit ?

LoL

And aside from it being disgusting to me , personally , I wont let Flint's sexuality ruin this show for me. I tolerated it for Spartacus and tolerate it for Game of Thrones ....and frankly , I thought it was an interesting and very surprising plot twist . "More layers to the onion" , indeed (good parallel btw...never heard that one)

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm on board with most of y'all. Uncalled for twist or not, Flint is still the biggest badass on the show and I'm sticking with it.

Hoping the rest of the season is fabuloussssssss.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the show.  I could live without the new twist but I don't think I will catch the ghey from watching it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Three episodes ago I was ready to quit it. Show was boring me, seemed to be just a smut show trying to out do GoT in tits/ass. Then it started to get good and now they throw the gay card in your face. I don't really care what people do in their personal life but I don't need people telling me I'm a homophobe when I gag seeing two dudes making out. Gays are so tolerant, unless you have a natural reaction to something unnatural. I don't like anchovies either, they make me gag. I'm done with this show. I'm tired of the blatant attempt to force some lifestyle on people. What's next? Seriously, there are many types of lifestyles out there. Do we have to have one of every type on every show as if it's a common thing? Why not a dude and a little boy or a guy and a goat? You'll mock me saying I'm nuts but there's already a movement by these groups to gain acceptance. Where's it gonna end? Let the flaming of the flamer hater begin
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:08:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Three episodes ago I was ready to quit it. Show was boring me, seemed to be just a smut show trying to out do GoT in tits/ass. Then it started to get good and now they throw the gay card in your face. I don't really care what people do in their personal life but I don't need people telling me I'm a homophobe when I gag seeing two dudes making out. Gays are so tolerant, unless you have a natural reaction to something unnatural. I don't like anchovies either, they make me gag. I'm done with this show. I'm tired of the blatant attempt to force some lifestyle on people. What's next? Seriously, there are many types of lifestyles out there. Do we have to have one of every type on every show as if it's a common thing? Why not a dude and a little boy or a guy and a goat? You'll mock me saying I'm nuts but there's already a movement by these groups to gain acceptance. Where's it gonna end? Let the flaming of the flamer hater begin
View Quote

So the idea that a British sailor might engage in homosexual behavior is unacceptable?   "Rum, sodomy, and the lash"

Its almost stereotypical to have a British officer engage in homosexuality.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Which is why we ridicule people in the Navy. Even Trident-types.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Sure not Jim Hawkins type of pirates.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:46:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

So the idea that a British sailor might engage in homosexual behavior is unacceptable?   "Rum, sodomy, and the lash"

View Quote
But it is not stereotypical for them to throw away their entire careers and support and insane plan that gets them accused of treason for their homosexual lover.  That's the real issue, not the manlove but the crappy, retarded motivation they've given Flint.  Just for originalities sake I'd like to see a script where the characters aren't solely motivated by daddy issue and who they want to fuck.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Arggghhhhh, shiver me timbers....and pop up to the poop deck...
It's just a fucking TV show, I am not personally invested with any of this shit...and I could care less who is fucking who, I want to keep watching it...
No "lifestyle" is being forced on me....I am a grown up and can separate TV from reality
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:43:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just wait til  Ragnar Lothbrok gets it on with a couple male British Isle   peasants over on the History Channel.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just wait til  Ragnar Lothbrok gets it on with a couple male British Isle   peasants over on the History Channel.
View Quote

look man--i watch 5 shows.

archer, game of thrones, black sails, the walking dead, and vikings.

at least leave me one.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:13:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

at least leave me one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

at least leave me one.

Pretty much my list. Archer has a gay guy, I'm fine with it, he's funny. He wasn't the star of the show and didn't come out 2 seasons in. Walking Dead well we'll see I guess.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Pretty much my list. Archer has a gay guy, I'm fine with it, he's funny. He wasn't the star of the show and didn't come out 2 seasons in. Walking Dead well we'll see I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

at least leave me one.

i'm the same.  ray is a great character, and i have no problem with GoT or TWD (as long as i don't get beaten over the head with moralizing).  i really don't know why the BS development irks me.

but leave ragnar and lagertha out of it!
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:06:57 AM EDT
[#17]
This is the impression I'm getting from some guys here.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:09:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

at least leave me one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

at least leave me one.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Atta boy Jack!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:01:57 AM EDT
[#20]
R
Quoted:

Yup. In that scene her husband says he doesn't care if people knew Flint was in her bed or not. She replied that she wasn't worried about that either, and she implied she was worried people would dig deeper and see that he was gay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So Flint and Mrs. Barlow were never sexually involved?

Don't respond yet.....I'm right at the half way point on my recording.  I see hints Flint is a peterpuffer.  Give me a sec to watch the rest of this and see it, and I'll edit my post.

No they fucked
But he fucked her husband as well.

La Galatea was the book he took from spanish ship and gave her.

Two friends who love same woman

Yup. In that scene her husband says he doesn't care if people knew Flint was in her bed or not. She replied that she wasn't worried about that either, and she implied she was worried people would dig deeper and see that he was gay.

Yes sir. Hanging offense
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Rackham pulled a bitch move but end result he killed the guy
Nice touch pulling the wound open bleeding him out
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#22]
The hot blonde and Flint REALLY love Nassau. Like, Storge, Philia, Eros, AND Agape. Bit off-putting and hard to believe.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Atta boy Jack!
View Quote

Rackham finally manned up
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:38:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The hot blonde and Flint REALLY love Nassau. Like, Storge, Philia, Eros, AND Agape. Bit off-putting and hard to believe.

View Quote

yeah--they're almost as bad as fictional characters like william wallace and nathan hale.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

yeah--they're almost as bad as fictional characters like william wallace and nathan hale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude. Nassau.

And I know Scotland isn't much better than some rinky-dink Caribbean island, but still. Running a rather efficient and bloody criminal enterprise in the hopes of having those eternal sticks in the mud, the Brits, saying 'Well poppycock guvnah they shore do know how to pirate right propah, let's let them run things' is a tad much.

Great show. Slow start in season 1, but it's grown on me. Just the whole Liberty for Nassau Though Let Us Rejoin The Crown storyline is kind of out there.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I particularly liked Vane's reasoning. Instead of asking what we're all thinking like "why the fuck do you care about this shithole?" he goes...England won't invade because I'm such a badass, the Royal Navy is totally scared of a dozen pirate crews. Alrighty then, buy this man a history book please. Buy Captain "we'll just retreat into the interior and guerilla warfare it" Flint one too. It's not a big island and you should know better dummy.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Rackham pulled a bitch move but end result he killed the guy

Nice touch pulling the wound open bleeding him out
View Quote

Desperation is a smelly cologne. The other captain ran his mouth too much whereas Rackham used his brain, like I knew he would. He may not be a fighter but he still won that fight and he's leaps and bounds smarter than anyone else on this show, save maybe Flint. So not only did all three crews witness him kill a greater foe, they also know he'll outsmart them. Doesn't leave much of an advantage over him.

Anne Bonny and Max are in a world of shit.

Silver is, well, still being Silver: me, myself, and I.

Elanor isn't getting out of that fort with the girl, and if she does, she'll bring Vane's fight right on down the hill and into town because there's no fucking way Vane is just gonna sit back and get fucked like that. No sir.

Billy Bones - good to have you back, brother.

And at LAST, no flashbacks. See how much better this episode was without that? Of course, those flashbacks were necessary to help lay the foundation of the storyline but I'm glad we're seemingly past them, if only for a little while.

Great episode.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Given that the show is a prequel to Treasure Island I don't think their little hippie plan is likely to work.  I like the storyline from the perspective of creating Flint's motivations, but it has to fail or the show is going to end up all cheesy.  

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He already invited Jesus-boy for a threesome with his wife in a previous season.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 11:10:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Great episode. Silver is as sneaky as he was when my Dad read me Treasure Island as a kid.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Very good episode. I never realized what a horrible bitch Guthrie is. Well, I kinda did but didn't think she would attempt to doom the one person on the island who actually cares for her.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:37:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Very good episode. I never realized what a horrible bitch Guthrie is. Well, I kinda did but didn't think she would attempt to doom the one person on the island who actually cares for her.
View Quote

The way she sees it, Vane killed Lowe in order to take possession of the girl. If he intended to actually help her, he would've forfeited the girl to Flint for him to deliver to her father. That Eleanor benefited from Lowe's murder is simply a coincidence, in a manner of speaking.

Damn good episode.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I tried to keep watching ... no can do
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I tried to keep watching ... no can do
View Quote

Too bad; it's getting good. Real good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Great episode. Silver is as sneaky as he was when my Dad read me Treasure Island as a kid.
View Quote

This thread has me rereading Treasure Island. Just a chapter into it, and already spoilers

Forgot who the old captain in the inn was...Guess I know HE makes it in the show.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
This thread has me rereading Treasure Island. Just a chapter into it, and already spoilers

Forgot who the old captain in the inn was...Guess I know HE makes it in the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah, good point. I'm not gonna read Treasure Island anytime soon, lol.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The way she sees it, Vane killed Lowe in order to take possession of the girl. If he intended to actually help her, he would've forfeited the girl to Flint for him to deliver to her father. That Eleanor benefited from Lowe's murder is simply a coincidence, in a manner of speaking.

Damn good episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn good episode.

this.  from her perspective, this is a pretty simple issue--vane likes fucking her and claims to be committed to her, but he won't forego any actual money over the deal.  he killed lowe out of ego and greed.

now, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but she has a pretty good reason for thinking along those lines.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

this.  from her perspective, this is a pretty simple issue--vane likes fucking her and claims to be committed to her, but he won't forego any actual money over the deal.  he killed lowe out of ego and greed.

now, the truth is somewhere in the middle, but she has a pretty good reason for thinking along those lines.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn good episode.

Well if you all are right then she's either being deliberately naive or one of the dumbest human beings to ever walk on two legs. Imo, she's a bitch who knows Flint's plan to save the island is insane and doomed to failure but she's too invested at this point to open her eyes to the truth so she fucks over the one man who keeps every pirate crew on the island from making her airtight on a nightly basis.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Well if you all are right then she's either being deliberately naive or one of the dumbest human beings to ever walk on two legs. Imo, she's a bitch who knows Flint's plan to save the island is insane and doomed to failure but she's too invested at this point to open her eyes to the truth so she fucks over the one man who keeps every pirate crew on the island from making her airtight on a nightly basis.
View Quote
She's smart enough to see that Vane is a dead end.  Flint's plan, crazy as it is, is their only hope.  Vane's plan of "I'm such a badass that the Royal Navy won't fuck with me" is insane.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

strange--they weren't doing it when vane was not around, so he must not be the reason.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
She's smart enough to see that Vane is a dead end.  Flint's plan, crazy as it is, is their only hope.  Vane's plan of "I'm such a badass that the Royal Navy won't fuck with me" is insane.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

this.  vane is a rebel because he can't cope with anything else.  he's the bad boy that half of arfcom lost their girlfriends to, and are still whining about.  he's the guy who girls with daddy issues wind up with, because they're not very smart.

even if flint is betting on a longshot, at least he's thinking about the future.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

this.  vane is a rebel because he can't cope with anything else.  he's the bad boy that half of arfcom lost their girlfriends to, and are still whining about.  he's the guy who girls with daddy issues wind up with, because they're not very smart.

even if flint is betting on a longshot, at least he's thinking about the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's my breakdown:

Vane is a man of action, but without careful consideration. Impulsive.

Rackham is a man of cerebral process, but without enough brawn. Seemingly weak, physically, but will outsmart damn-near anyone.

Flint is both brawn and brain. The perfect storm.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Here's my breakdown:

Rackham is a man of cerebral process, but without enough brawn. Seemingly weak, physically, but will outsmart damn-near anyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's my breakdown:

i can't disagree, but i'd amend it somewhat.  both vane and rackham are utterly self-interested children.  flint is the adult of the bunch, and is decidedly prosocial--he's the only one of the three who would set aside his own interests in order to help other people.  but he too is completely self-absorbed--he can't see any further than his own ideals and plans.  anyone who doesn't agree with him becomes his enemy.

because of this, he is crippled as a leader.  it works for a navy captain, because he can simply command.  but it doesn't work for a pirate captain, because the guys can vote.

the show so far has been about him making a mess because he's too stubborn.  i suspect that the overall arc of the show will be about him learning to be resilient rather than bullheaded.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
i can't disagree, but i'd amend it somewhat.  both vane and rackham are utterly self-interested children.  flint is the adult of the bunch, and is decidedly prosocial--he's the only one of the three who would set aside his own interests in order to help other people.  but he too is completely self-absorbed--he can't see any further than his own ideals and plans.  anyone who doesn't agree with him becomes his enemy.

because of this, he is crippled as a leader.  it works for a navy captain, because he can simply command.  but it doesn't work for a pirate captain, because the guys can vote.

the show so far has been about him making a mess because he's too stubborn.  i suspect that the overall arc of the show will be about him learning to be resilient rather than bullheaded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's my breakdown:

Solid assessments.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#45]
I am quickly losing interest in the series, seems to spend too much time on buggery, on the talky, talky, aspect of the safety of Nassau, and too much prostitute angst. At least with Spartacus a couple years ago you knew that their would be a massive battle whether personal or group melee at the end of the episode. I really don't care how Flint became Flint.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
strange--they weren't doing it when vane was not around, so he must not be the reason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason was because she was the only person who could launder their stolen goods through legitimate trade contacts.  Which does a pirate want,

a load of silk, or the gold that can be had from selling it?  She was the only person who could put actual money in their hands and they knew better

than to kill the goose with the golden eggs so to speak.  The only reason  Lowe crossed her, and put the fear of God in her in the process was because

he was completely insane, and his crew were either scared, crazy or loyal enough to stick with him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

I think this is largely spot-on.  But in defense of Flint I think he acts that way not so much out of a flaw, but because he understands how slim a reed they really have.  He's been in the navy and understands that piracy has a very, very short life expectancy.  The only reason the RN hasn't hung the lot of them is because it was distracted by war.  Flint already drew up the plan and all they needed was two ships.  But the only tool he has to work with is a pirate crew who cannot think beyond their next trip to Max's brothel.  

In a way, Flint's flaw is that he is so prosocial.  If he was as purely self-interested as John Silver he would have simply gone back after the gold, then bought himself a plantation in some colony where he wasn't known under a new identity.  Historically, that was pretty much the only way for a pirate to live to old age.    

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#48]
If you think you are straight and you are still watching this show...

You are lying to yourself.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:26:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh Jesus, grow up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:46:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top