Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:55:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Watched Black Sails tonight (DVR), Was disapointed that yet another show felt they had to add a heavy gay element to the show. Afterward, I watched Walking Dead...what do we have... more dudes making out.  
Prior to these, I was watching How to get away with Murder (Wife's show, should have been named how to get away with poor writing) and we get to see one of the main characters make out with his boyfriend, and hear "give me that hot ass!" seriously?

I'm generally accepting of gays, have friends that are lesbian, but they know that not everyone needs or wants to hear about their sexual preferences. Likewise I dont feel the need to talk to them about mine.

On second thought if I'm a D-bag for being grossed out by two dudes going at it instead of thinking awww that's so sweet. then so be it. I can live with that, I can't help that my stomach turns, it's not intentional, it's just the way it is.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:01:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Nobody seemed to care when Max and Guthrie were lezzing out or Max and Anne Bonnie were lezzing out. The show is about 18th century sailors and you guys are up in arms because the main character is apparently bisexual? Yeah I roll my eyes because it's become the "hip" thing to do, much like shakey cam in action movies/shows. It hasn't ruined the fucking show for me though. Get over yourself.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:12:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Hot lesbians=not gay.
Hetero sex=not gay.
Dude sex=gay.
Girls (Lena Dunham) on HBO=crime against humanity.

Wonder if it's because the show has a gay fan base or if Hollywood just wants us to get so saturated with gaydom that we start to accept it?

Either way, it annoyed me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:19:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hot lesbians=not gay.
Hetero sex=not gay.
Dude sex=gay.
Girls (Lena Dunham) on HBO=crime against humanity.

Wonder if it's because the show has a gay fan base or if Hollywood just wants us to get so saturated with gaydom that we start to accept it?

Either way, it annoyed me.
View Quote

Hollywood can not come up with an original idea, or any decent story lines.  They know sex sells, and surprise gay sex as the plot twist will have people up in arms and talking about it.   It's a huge cop out.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 4:38:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

VANE ATTACKS FLINT WITH KNIFE, FLINT OVERPOWERS HIM AND ATTACKS VANE WITH PENIS.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Opening credits.  Must not read ARF

VANE ATTACKS FLINT WITH KNIFE, FLINT OVERPOWERS HIM AND ATTACKS VANE WITH PENIS.

He was a serving member of the British Navy.

Well I am all done with that show
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Watched Black Sails tonight (DVR), Was disapointed that yet another show felt they had to add a heavy gay element to the show. Afterward, I watched Walking Dead...what do we have... more dudes making out.  
Prior to these, I was watching How to get away with Murder (Wife's show, should have been named how to get away with poor writing) and we get to see one of the main characters make out with his boyfriend, and hear "give me that hot ass!" seriously?

I'm generally accepting of gays, have friends that are lesbian, but they know that not everyone needs or wants to hear about their sexual preferences. Likewise I dont feel the need to talk to them about mine.

On second thought if I'm a D-bag for being grossed out by two dudes going at it instead of thinking awww that's so sweet. then so be it. I can live with that, I can't help that my stomach turns, it's not intentional, it's just the way it is.
View Quote

You mean you were born that way?

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:00:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Nobody seemed to care when Max and Guthrie were lezzing out or Max and Anne Bonnie were lezzing out. The show is about 18th century sailors and you guys are up in arms because the main character is apparently bisexual? Yeah I roll my eyes because it's become the "hip" thing to do, much like shakey cam in action movies/shows. It hasn't ruined the fucking show for me though. Get over yourself.

View Quote

Yeah I hear ya. Tons of lesbian sex and everyone freaks out at the sight of bi/gay dudes. But that's just the way it is and you know that.

Like I said, as long as they don't dwell on that with recurring flashbacks, I'm fine with it. But if they keep flashing back to Flint and Thomas making out and cuddling in bet together, I'm gonna be really irritated. They got what they wanted: shock factor. Now let's move on with the story.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#9]
After having had some time to digest, this angle really bothers me.  I don't particularly care if there is a gay character in a movie, though like most heterosexual men I don't want to see that (but would prefer hot lesbians).  I defended HBO with the Loras scenes because they were necessary to get the plot moving forward as there wasn't time to hint at it like in the books.  But this change cheapens the show.  I am sick and tired of Hollywood thinking that humanity can be boiled down to (1) who you want to fuck; and (2) daddy issues.  Flint and Guthrie were the two most interesting characters on the show.  Hell, with the possible exception of Charles Vane they were the only two interesting characters on the show.  Everyone else was pretty much one-dimensional.  And especially Captain Flint.  Why was a former naval officer a pirate?  How can someone with an obvious conscience do what he does?  What are the motives for an educated man turned to piracy?  What does he want to do with all that gold?  Yet in one episode Flint boils down to being guilty at the buttsex, and Guthrie is all about the daddy issues.  Human nature fucking explained once more.  I guess it is my own fault.  I should have known not to expect any kind of depth from Michael Fucking Bay.    
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay . . . the shock of that 'plot twist' has worn off .

And I am reading that Walking Dead gheyed it up , too ?

Lovely  

Oh well , such is life in the 21st century . . . . inject the pickle-ticklers into every form of media that they can get away with . I still like the show , for now, and will continue watching , for now.......but we had better get more Max and Ann rug-munching , dammit!!

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:50:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Nobody seemed to care when Max and Guthrie were lezzing out or Max and Anne Bonnie were lezzing out.

View Quote

Well , duh

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HE WAS INDEED SERVING MANY MEMBERS IN THE BRITISH NAVY.

DO YOU KNOW HOW GAY YOU HAVE TO BE TO GET KICKED OUT OF THE ROYAL NAVY? YOU HAVE TO RAEP AN ADMIRAL AT LEAST 4 TIMES IN FRONT OF WITNESSES BEFORE THEY EVEN OPEN AN INVESTIGATION.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:06:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

DO YOU KNOW HOW GAY YOU HAVE TO BE TO GET KICKED OUT OF THE ROYAL NAVY? YOU HAVE TO RAEP AN ADMIRAL AT LEAST 4 TIMES IN FRONT OF WITNESSES BEFORE THEY EVEN OPEN AN INVESTIGATION.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YOU SAID RAEP.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At that time and place, they didn't kick people out for being gay.

They hanged them from the yardarms under the 28th Article of War:  "If any person in the fleet shall commit the unnatural and detestable sin of buggery and sodomy with man or beast, he shall be punished with death by the sentence of a court martial."

No banging dudes and no banging the Captain's milk goat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 1:23:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well , duh

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody seemed to care when Max and Guthrie were lezzing out or Max and Anne Bonnie were lezzing out.

Well , duh

Yeah, also that's pretty much her character's one job.  She's an archetype of the prostitute who uses sex to seduce powerful people to protect herself and gain advantage.  Max is basically Joanie Stubbs from Deadwood.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Also, nobody cared when John Silver reported that crewmember for fucking the goat, lol.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Also, nobody cared when John Silver reported that crewmember for fucking the goat, lol.
View Quote

Goat wasn't the lead in the show, nor did they show the crewmember making out with said goat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:18:27 PM EDT
[#18]

never mind, already coverd.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Goat wasn't the lead in the show, nor did they show the crewmember making out with said goat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:55:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No they fucked
But he fucked her husband as well.

La Galatea was the book he took from spanish ship and gave her.

Two friends who love same woman
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So Flint and Mrs. Barlow were never sexually involved?

Don't respond yet.....I'm right at the half way point on my recording.  I see hints Flint is a peterpuffer.  Give me a sec to watch the rest of this and see it, and I'll edit my post.

No they fucked

Yup. In that scene her husband says he doesn't care if people knew Flint was in her bed or not. She replied that she wasn't worried about that either, and she implied she was worried people would dig deeper and see that he was gay.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 5:32:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Why would a woman stick around with gay men anyways? What does that say about Miranda?  Kinda odd to only desire platonic love if you ask me. You would think she'd want a proper jolly rogering and also a stepfather that didn't hate her guts or something. She must have really been into reading time with Thomas.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep

Haha, I know I know.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:19:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't realize a sheepish kiss and sitting on a bed while one dude reads to another qualified as "two dudes going at it."

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:44:10 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Well, aren't all Brits pretty much a little bit gay?

Also this.
http://youtu.be/SLMJpHihykI

View Quote

LuLz

How the Leftenant pillaged the booty of the Rear Admiral

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:04:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Some of you would gouge your eyes out if you watched Spartacus. This one scene, the German and the Syrian in rather detailed action...

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I cannot fucking believe they just did that to this show.
View Quote

I'm done. First TWD, then this.

They ruin every show.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This season on Vikings, Ragnar goes all SOA/Black Sails on Floki in the big season finale.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hollywood can't keep from fucking up a good show.

I'm done with it.

This season on Vikings, Ragnar goes all SOA/Black Sails on Floki in the big season finale.

Don't say that. I have Vikings, Z-Nation, and Turn left to watch. They better not do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:13:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They never showed Flint banging Mrs. Barlow.  
View Quote

Yes they did, I remember one episode, don't remember which one. She was on top. Full frontal. At her cabin in Nassau.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Well said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

None of them were the lead characters. The whole show literally hinged on Flint. That's why it's big deal. Major gay twist.

Ruined it for me. done.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#31]
It fucked up the show. I don't care if they put a couple of male hairdressers in the show, but this didn't fit the character (from season 1).  The writers failed hard
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

They certainly did. I do not recall the episode but am absolutely sure it happened. She is hot as fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Flint and Mrs. Barlow were never sexually involved?

Don't respond yet.....I'm right at the half way point on my recording.  I see hints Flint is a peterpuffer.  Give me a sec to watch the rest of this and see it, and I'll edit my post.

No they fucked

They never showed Flint banging Mrs. Barlow.  She banged that preacher, but never showed Flint (that I can recall from the first season -- but definitely not the second season).  Mr. Barlow's Father sent his son to the hospital for "grief" over Flint and Mrs. Barlow's affair, but it was portrayed as if he sent him there for being gay with Flint.  

So, does the relevance of that book mean Flint and Mr. Barlow are bisexual?  Because the show has now twisted it into flint and Mr. Barlow being 100% gay.

They certainly did. I do not recall the episode but am absolutely sure it happened. She is hot as fuck.

Season 1 Episode 4 she bangs Flint, quite well, it's quite visual.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Now the show's got to produce considerably  more of the lets-be-in-friends scenes to even the scales .

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

They had to ruin a perfectly good show with this gay pirate bullshit.
View Quote

Meh.

Flint was in the British Navy. Leftenant Flint.

It's only queer at the pier, or some such thing. (with apologies to Dport and Josh)

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some of you would gouge your eyes out if you watched Spartacus. This one scene, the German and the Syrian in rather detailed action...

View Quote

DVR & fast forward button. In the first season when dude were walking around with their dicks swinging and it was Rome it was something I expected to fast forward through.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

DVR & fast forward button. In the first season when dude were walking around with their dicks swinging and it was Rome it was something I expected to fast forward through.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't want to see what goes on in a San Francisco bathhouse, but ffwd through the occasion sizeable member in Spartacus? Seriously?
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 2:46:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

None of them were the lead characters. The whole show literally hinged on Flint. That's why it's big deal. Major gay twist.

Ruined it for me. done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

Ruined it for me. done.

The show hinged on the sex of the person Flynt wanted to stick his dick in?

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes they did, I remember one episode, don't remember which one. She was on top. Full frontal. At her cabin in Nassau.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But remember how he was all distracted and not into it? We thought he was worried about all his pirate stuff, but now we know he was thinking "God, I wish you had a cock."

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:53:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Just caught up last night.  I'm not a homophobe but this is bullshit writing for the sake of being PC.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#41]
This opens up the possibility for a remake of an Arfcom favorite "The final countdown".    Kirk Douglas and crew go back in time to rape the fuck out of the Japs and stop the Pearl Harbor attack.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually, Mrs. Barlow/Miranda banged Flint. He just laid there, all pissed about Marcus Aurelius.
Mrs. Barlow is hot.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just caught up last night.  I'm not a homophobe but this is bullshit writing for the sake of being PC.
View Quote

Made me cringe watching it... didnt see that coming at all...
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Like somebody else pointed out. These are pirates. The kill, torture, maim, murder, rape, pillage and plunder and we are now sickened that some of them are also bisexual?

meh

I am going to keep watching. Anne Bonny - she pissed and people are probably going to die (brutally) because of it. She is my favorite character.

I wonder if they are going to introduce Mary Reed into the story. Anne Bonny and (Calico)Jack Rackham in Nassau in 1715 is historically correct.

Fun Fact- The Urca de Lima was part of the 1715 plate fleet that foundered on the East Coat of Florida in 1715 (along with six other ships) and the treasure was piled onto to  beach by survivors. I own a couple Spanish Escudos from this event. I am wondering if the series will follow the historical account of what happens next (Flint and Silver are of course fictional pirates).

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:36:07 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Like somebody else pointed out. These are pirates. The kill, torture, maim, murder, rape, pillage and plunder and we are now sickened that some of them are also bisexual?

meh

I am going to keep watching. Anne Bonny - she pissed and people are probably going to die (brutally) because of it. She is my favorite character.

View Quote

Yeah I'm with you. Bonny's raging. Rackham's timbers are shivering. Flint and Vane are gonna kill on another. And Billy Bones is convalescing.

Also, if anything, it adds multiple layers to Flint's onion. At least we now know he is capable of compassion and love for another human being. [shrugs]

Let's get this motherfucker back on track this Saturday. What say ye?!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's not that; to me it's clearly an inserted PC hack job of writing.  I also think the lesbian stuff is overdone.  To be honest (I'm not a puritanical sort of guy and am definitely an atheist), I think they're overdoing sex in the TV series nowadays only because it's getting to the point where it's one of the main focus points in a series that doesn't need it; a series that can stand on its own without a focus on sex.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have fervent hope for this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aye! Back to the swag and glitter that awaits us all on that bloody beach. Belay this talk of poofters and dandies and get back on the lookout ARRRG!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Aye! Back to the swag and glitter that awaits us all on that bloody beach. Belay this talk of poofters and dandies and get back on the lookout ARRRG!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread shall offer nigh any parlay to any man, woman, or child who chooses to scuttle it with whispers of buggery nor sodomy. All those in favor, say AYE!

AYE!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Didn't have to WATCH it happen either!
Page / 9
Top Top