BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yep, cause them darn criminal gang bangers all applied for and received their CCL.

/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand its cool, on the other hand every swingin dick gang banger is going to be walking around with his gat and that kinda scares me a little.

Yep, cause them darn criminal gang bangers all applied for and received their CCL.

/

And now they wont need to. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the law, I'm just keenly aware of unintended consequences. I hope it passes to be sure, we need that established somewhere to set precedence that it isnt the end of times to have unlicensed CCW. I'm just thinking about ALL possibilities rather than shoving my head in the sand and bleating out like a little sheep.

ETA:

OH! VT allows leagl owners to carry without a permit. I didnt realize that!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sorry, not everyone with their pants around their knees engaged in illegal activities has a record.

I know, I know. Its a shocking fact I'm sure you've just been presented. I'll give you time to digest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand its cool, on the other hand every swingin dick gang banger is going to be walking around with his gat and that kinda scares me a little.

WTF?

Felonies, How do they work.

Sorry, not everyone with their pants around their knees engaged in illegal activities has a record.

I know, I know. Its a shocking fact I'm sure you've just been presented. I'll give you time to digest.

...and with no record they could get a permit anyway
...and if they're in the process of committing crimes they would get double busted for committing crimes with a gun
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guess what. They wont be criminals till they *use* the gun now, thanks to this law.Even if nknow beyond a shadow of a doubt someone is up to no good, theres not shit that can be done.

If you think the risk of getting caught with an illegal pistols hasnt stopped someone from carrying, you need to come down from your gated communities and spend some time in the hood. No petty criminal wants to get busted with a gun in his waistband. Now? Its not illegal, so why not carry a gun?

Remember, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. That corner filled with homies? Now its a corner filled with homies who can legally carry guns .
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freedom is scary.    It is not like the criminals carry without a permit now anyways.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Freedom is scary.    It is not like the criminals carry without a permit now anyways.

Guess what. They wont be criminals till they *use* the gun now, thanks to this law.Even if nknow beyond a shadow of a doubt someone is up to no good, theres not shit that can be done.

If you think the risk of getting caught with an illegal pistols hasnt stopped someone from carrying, you need to come down from your gated communities and spend some time in the hood. No petty criminal wants to get busted with a gun in his waistband. Now? Its not illegal, so why not carry a gun?

Remember, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. That corner filled with homies? Now its a corner filled with homies who can legally carry guns .

I was ready to give you a chance to learn from the other posters above until you doubled-down on the derp.  

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'll say it again.  Felonies, how do they work.  IE if you have a fucking felony, YOU CAN'T BE IN THE POSSESSION OF A FIREARM LEGALLY.

You can't even be in the possession of the fucking ammo!

If you don't have a felony, I don't give a rats ass.  Because 1.) I wouldn't be in homies hood.  2.) If I am; You can bet your red ass that I'm going to be better armed than him.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

It'll pass. Now if we could get rid of liberal Lawrence... :)
View Quote

Your mouth to gods ear!

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

And who is going to lose from more gangbangers carrying guns in the hood, other gangbangers?

Sounds like a win to me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yes, I"m 100% anti because I dont want criminals with no record empowered to carry guns. How very anti of me. Next up I might actually be giving money to ban pointy sticks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because until now criminals have never carried guns because it's illegal.  

Sounding awfully anti there.

Yes, I"m 100% anti because I dont want criminals with no record empowered to carry guns. How very anti of me. Next up I might actually be giving money to ban pointy sticks.

criminals with no record aren't criminals. or is everyone a criminal as far as you're concerned? do us a favor and don't bother coming east of the Colorado river
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You should really think about this thing called "Unintended consequences".

Imagine for a minute, if you can, if Ferguson were in Kansas. Oh what fun we'll have.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should really not post anymore.

Imagine for a minute, if you can, if Ferguson were in Kansas. Oh what fun we'll have.......

You're still spouting the tard. You should really take my advice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

This is perfect example of a terrible post.  Look at how terrible it is.  Any homies on the street corner who are unarmed are either prohibited and have simply not gotten around to stealing a gun or are too busy holding their pants up to carry anything.
None of them are intimidated by the law into not carrying a weapon just like they are not intimidated into following laws on drugs, robbery, rape, murder and rape.

You also cannot spell or use the quote function correctly.  Fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think he can help himself.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, I didnt realize VT already allowed this. That is interesting. Well then, hell yes go Kansas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So we should all be more like CA and issue carry permits on a may issue basis, where we have to show "need" for it?

And these gang bangers are already carrying guns, regardless of the legality. Constiutional carry allows law abiding citizens to carry without any barrier such as expense, or taking a class. I really wish we can constitutional carry in FL.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wow, I didnt realize VT already allowed this. That is interesting. Well then, hell yes go Kansas.
View Quote

It ain't just VT.  

Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, Vermont, Wyoming, Oklahoma all have constitutional carry.  

You're a hand wringer and have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:04:48 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Oh, so NOW you change your tune after you cannot offer a valid rebuttal to any of the points made against your previous statements?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:12:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote

Stay in California.  You are so very safe there.  Because of all of California's gun laws, you can sleep confidently at night knowing that no "swingin dick gang-banger" would ever be "walking around with his gat".  

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, isn't that special.

I do however know a guy who got through his gang banging shitstain phase without a felony that stuck. He did catch one at 35, but it was overturned on appeal. He has a CHL and carries. He went straight after the bust.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:34:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your theory is flawed over here on the Missouri side we also have open carry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That is a fucking beautiful State house!
No seriously. My inner architectural geek is getting tight pants right now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is a fucking beautiful State house!
No seriously. My inner architectural geek is getting tight pants right now...
They just finished restoring it last year. You should see the inside!

This mural is on the second floor along with many others:

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I must be slipping, because I hadn't heard all those states had constitutional carry. Last I remember it was Vermont, Alaska and AZ.
View Quote

Wyoming has had it for awhile. Arkansas has a law that is worded kind of weird, and it's kind of a grey area. I don't know why they are claiming Oklahoma has it, u don't think they do.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like a liberal. Think now. Four states already have solid constitutional carry including Arizona with a large metro population. They don't seem to have the problems you worry about. Your concern is not much different than a liberal not wanting carry even with a permit because it will be the wild west even though that hadn't happened in all the other states. Why would it matter anyways? You think a law would stop rioting thugs? I don't.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:04:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And now they wont need to. I'm not saying I'm opposed to the law, I'm just keenly aware of unintended consequences. I hope it passes to be sure, we need that established somewhere to set precedence that it isnt the end of times to have unlicensed CCW. I'm just thinking about ALL possibilities rather than shoving my head in the sand and bleating out like a little sheep.

ETA:

OH! VT allows leagl owners to carry without a permit. I didnt realize that
!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/

ETA:

OH! VT allows leagl owners to carry without a permit. I didnt realize that
!

So does Wyoming, Arizona, and Alaska.

Along with about half the country if you count open carry.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:18:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Kali seems to be a good place to be, no need to worry about this ever happening.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Give 'Em Hell, Kansas!  
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:51:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
About time but they should refund us all our permit fees if it passes.
View Quote

Why, you have more privileges with the permit than without such as state reciprocity and carrying in otherwise prohibited zones (i.e. school zones).
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Kansas has gone wild. There is even a proposal to finally allow liquor sales in grocery stores! It wasn't until a few years back that we got Sunday sales on liquor.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because until now criminals have never carried guns because it's illegal.  

Sounding awfully anti there.

The only way to bust "homies with guns" who aren't committing crimes would be to allow cops to do random stop and frisks.  I suppose you're in favor of warrantless searches if it keeps the streets safer too?

*Yes I saw your "oh Vermont already allows it" comment.  That in no way forgives your transgression in the sacred halls of arfcom calling for restrictions on rights.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Y'all be sure to waive next time you fly over us!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Kansas has gone wild. There is even a proposal to finally allow liquor sales in grocery stores! It wasn't until a few years back that we got Sunday sales on liquor.
View Quote

We only got NFA back around 2006.    Switchblades became legal for carry about 2 years ago.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#30]
The Oklahoma part is wrong.

We need permits to carry.  However if you are a resident of a state with Constitutional carry you can carry in OK with just your DL.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:02:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:12:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Good luck Kansas.  We'll be cheering for you.

Hopefully a few more states will hop on the wagon, then ND may be willing to do this also.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:15:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Good luck.  If this passes we'll give you 6 months of no "Kansas trailer trash" jokes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:16:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Nice.  Inalienable rights shouldn't require a permission slip.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

And this is with those crazy republicans in control
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you a plant from Bloomberg's everyvag for gun safety?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It ain't just VT.  

Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, Vermont, Wyoming, Oklahoma all have constitutional carry.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It ain't just VT.  

Oklahoma does not actually have constitutional carry. It merely allows a driver's license from a constitutional carry state to serve in place of a CCW permit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wyoming has had it for awhile. Arkansas has a law that is worded kind of weird, and it's kind of a grey area. I don't know why they are claiming Oklahoma has it, u don't think they do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I must be slipping, because I hadn't heard all those states had constitutional carry. Last I remember it was Vermont, Alaska and AZ.

Arkansas's law is actually quite clear. There was some debate over another portion of the code that was changed at the same time, but that portion of the law is irrelevant to the issue of permitless carry.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:38:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

We were waiting for Andrasik's gay ass to leave.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good luck.  If this passes we'll give you 6 months of no "Kansas trailer trash" jokes.
View Quote

You already don't give KS trailer trash jokes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is perfect example of a terrible post.  Look at how terrible it is.  Any homies on the street corner who are unarmed are either prohibited and have simply not gotten around to stealing a gun or are too busy holding their pants up to carry anything.
None of them are intimidated by the law into not carrying a weapon just like they are not intimidated into following laws on drugs, robbery, rape, murder and rape.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just wants to keep guns out of the hands of "those people". It doesn't matter if they aren't criminals, they look like criminals. We can't have everyone being all equal and shit.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:41:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Hmmm so based on standard GD logic I should oppose this because it will devalue my CCHL.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#43]

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:45:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:46:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like a PASS?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

ETA:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/

ETA:

...and Alaska. And Arizona. And Arkansas. And Wyoming (for residents). And Oklahoma (for residents of constitutional carry states).

And then there are the states that allow OC without a "permit," e.g., Ohio.

2JokersWild, your mind has been badly polluted by California. Here's hoping you can clean out the filth.

«tc2k11»
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're know you're from KS when your house moves but your 12 cars don't.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:53:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/57/570534d3ac78e0126cf2148f205e4c9475dad51f361a101023221b9582e33a6e.jpg  

It hasn't snowed that much here all year.  Not that I'm bitching.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:59:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I won't rest until we have suppressor displays at the check out isles where they used to have .22 ammo.

Grab a can to go with your Doritos.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#50]
What's the likelihood of this passing? I approve regardless
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top