Page / 29
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:46:49 AM EDT
[#1]
shit
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:49:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And if it turns out the Pats submitted them that way, and officials let them through? Will everyone yelling "CHEATERS"'apologize?

Nope. They'll cry "cover up" and this stupid shit will live on forever. Because everyone has already "convicted" them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's going to be a pretty hefty fine.
They cheated AGAIN and got caught AGAIN.

I'd love the NFL to have the balls to rule they lost the game due to cheating and were tossed from the SB.

Then any other team (*cough* Packers *cough*) will need to be penalized also, since they admitted to using balls inflated outside of the NFL's rules.

Packers admitted to overfilling PRIOR to inspection, and just seeing if the refs let it through.

Depending on the details that come out, if the pats deflated them AFTER inspection it is an entirely different story.

And if it turns out the Pats submitted them that way, and officials let them through? Will everyone yelling "CHEATERS"'apologize?

Nope. They'll cry "cover up" and this stupid shit will live on forever. Because everyone has already "convicted" them.

Submitting incorrectly inflated footballs and hoping the refs don't catch it is still cheating.  This isn't something you do accidentally.

Who the hell taught you ethics?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn I can't stand the patriots. Cheated once, and always will be cheaters. Screw em all I say. I've hated em for years and the more I hear the more it confirms it. Brady can lick it. Millionaire playboy arrogant asshole. How lucky can one guy get? Cheating crybaby.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:55:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know how this cheating claim came about? I'm not clear on how it was discovered and determined to be intentional only after the game, but not before or during.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:01:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

And they are done for the season. The Pats are still out there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love the NFL to have the balls to rule they lost the game due to cheating and were tossed from the SB.

Then any other team (*cough* Packers *cough*) will need to be penalized also, since they admitted to using balls inflated outside of the NFL's rules.

And they are done for the season. The Pats are still out there.

The packers can forfeit their wins, including that last Superbowl they won with Rodgers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:01:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Nothing is going to happen, and I doubt it effected the outcome of the game, but it still shows they're cheaters none the less.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nothing is going to happen, and I doubt it effected the outcome of the game, but it still shows they're cheaters none the less.
View Quote

Whether it affected the outcome of the game or not, they or someone on the team did it seeking a competitive advantage and the penalty should be epic.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:05:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you think the patriots are the only team cheating I've got some ocean front property to sell you. If you don't push the rules you ate not trying hard enough.
View Quote
they got caught.  yes, you arent trying if you arent cheating but be prepared to pay teh consequences.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:06:57 AM EDT
[#9]

6th rounder is still 6th rounder.   Will we see the same noodle arm brady from the Chiefs game?  Two lbs would add quite a bit of zip to the ball, don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

IBT*
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:08:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Anyone know how this cheating claim came about? I'm not clear on how it was discovered and determined to be intentional only after the game, but not before or during.  
View Quote

After the Colts intercepted the ball the Colts staff noticed it. The refs also stopped the game to allow cheaters to change out balls once..   WTF over
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Whoever the NFL decides is going to win will win.  There's a reason the NFL classifies itself as "entertainment" and not sport.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As long as the kick the shit out of the Seahawks I don't really care.  Not a huge fan of the Pat's but can't stand the Seachickens even more.

Whoever the NFL decides is going to win will win.  There's a reason the NFL classifies itself as "entertainment" and not sport.

Yup. Lol at all the posters calling the Patriots cheaters. Eat your bread and watch your circus.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:24:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Yup. Lol at all the posters calling the Patriots cheaters. Eat your bread and watch your circus.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as the kick the shit out of the Seahawks I don't really care.  Not a huge fan of the Pat's but can't stand the Seachickens even more.

Don't know about that. You can be sure, the guys at the top, would rather have large market teams win. The Pats are a large market team, Seattle, not so much. They make much more selling junk when large market teams win.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:34:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Both teams played with the same stated "deflated balls".   Patriots played better with them than did then Colts.  Moral of this story:  if you want to be a lumberjack, learn to handle your end of the log.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Both teams played with the same stated "deflated balls".   Patriots played better with them than did then Colts.  Moral of this story:  if you want to be a lumberjack, learn to handle your end of the log.
View Quote

No they didn't.  That is why brady's interception tipped the Colts off.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This thread needs more Smokey Yunick.
View Quote

Smokey Yunick is a topic worthy of at least several dozen threads of their own...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:18:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Smokey Yunick is a topic worthy of at least several dozen threads of their own...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread needs more Smokey Yunick.

yep.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
yes, you arent trying if you arent cheating

View Quote

You have an interesting view of honor
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is every game like this?  If so, no wonder there are cries of foul like this so often and game fixing by the league.

I think I'll just stick to baseball.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:53:28 AM EDT
[#19]
In before they give it to the Colts and they beat the Seahawks in the Superbowl
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#20]
What is in the range of penalties for this goatraping?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:57:46 AM EDT
[#21]

This confuses me.

Wouldn't both teams have received the same advantage from using the underinflated balls? It's not like each team got to use its own footballs.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:07:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

This confuses me.

Wouldn't both teams have received the same advantage from using the underinflated balls? It's not like each team got to use its own footballs.

View Quote

Each team has their own set of balls. Something like 11. A Colt team member caught an interception and was like, WTF? That is what got this started. Official pulled the ball after the Colt Coach said something about it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:08:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This confuses me.

View Quote

Yes, it is exactly like that, both teams use their own balls.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:11:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I imagine in the future all the balls in the Post Season will be tightly controlled by the league. Which should be unnecessary, but it seems it is. Personally if I was the Clown in Charge the penalty would be enough to deter teams in the future.

PS For those who are wondering. Pats QB is qouted in an old article saying he likes under inflated balls.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://connecticut.cbslocal.com/2015/01/20/tom-brady-admitted-in-2011-he-likes-deflated-footballs/

Tom Brady Admitted In 2011 He Likes Deflated Footballs
January 20, 2015 9:10 AM

HARTFORD (CBS Connecticut/AP) — New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady might be laughing off the deflated football controversy, but he has previously admitted that he likes the ball deflated.
In an interview with WEEI in November 2011, Brady talked about how the football deflates when tight end Rob Gronkowski spikes it after scoring a touchdown.

“But when Gronk scores – it was like his eighth touchdown of the year – he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes,” Brady said at the time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not know whether that was just humorous or a slip up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:31:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Don't know about that. You can be sure, the guys at the top, would rather have large market teams win. The Pats are a large market team, Seattle, not so much. They make much more selling junk when large market teams win.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seattle is a large market team not that it matters. If this shit is so rigged why'd they win it last year and now they're goin back to try for a second? They have tons of fans that are insanely loyal. I can honestly say I don't think any other part of the NFL is rigged. The players play and the coaches coach.

I'm a fuckin Niners fan by the way, so this shit is hard to say for me
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:45:23 AM EDT
[#26]
I misinterpreted the rules...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you think the patriots are the only team cheating I've got some ocean front property to sell you. If you don't push the rules you ate not trying hard enough.
View Quote

This. They're under the microscope more than other teams.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:02:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hold on a minute here!

We're not going to go down the "wrestling is fake" path are we ?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
I remember a rumor when I was a kid, that a major league baseball pitcher once put a substance on the ball that he shouldn't have in order to make the ball move around before it reached the plate.

It was also rumored that another one scuffed up the ball until it was easier to put a hop on his pitches.

Probably only rumors though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#30]
1. Both teams used them.

2. Why the hell is one team supplying the ball and not say... the NFL?

3. What difference does it make?  Both teams would be at equal advantage or disadvantage.

4. Who the hell cares?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:10:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
pressure can be expected to drop after hours in the cold
View Quote

Very Strange & Odd that it only was "Cheat'n Bill" whose team balls that were too soft,   ( and not the Colts )

You would think that they would both be equally affected by the same cold temps...

...  guess anything is permissible as long as you just win....

One more thing that the N.F.L. needs to take over - Having the teams supply a dozen balls and not having a radomized set for use just begs for the others to follow "Cheat'n Bill" ...

BIGGER_HAMMER  
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:15:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

You know this could be solved by having the footballs maintained and supplied by the NFL and not left up tot the teams....
View Quote
That would make too much sense.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:19:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Tom still has the bonus prize
Gisele Bündchen
you know the Germans make good stuff!

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:33:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Each team has their own set of balls. Something like 11. A Colt team member caught an interception and was like, WTF? That is what got this started. Official pulled the ball after the Colt Coach said something about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This confuses me.

I had read the rules yesterday and that's not how I interpreted them. Maybe I'm mistaken.

I had read it that each team had to supply balls, but that the home team's were used first, the visiting team's second, and if they ran out of all those they were basically allowed to get more balls from any source necessary, not that Team A got to use Team A's balls and Team B got to use Team B's balls. Like I said though, maybe I misread it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
1. Both teams used them.
2. Why the hell is one team supplying the ball and not say... the NFL?
3. What difference does it make?  Both teams would be at equal advantage or disadvantage.
4. Who the hell cares?  
View Quote

That's what I thought after reading the rules, but GD has informed me that I'm wrong.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:37:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

This and if I never see the Seahawks netherworld soggy stadium and their retarded fans it will suit me just fine.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:38:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

You cheated to get to the Super Bowl? Guess what? You're not gonna be in the Super Bowl.

That's what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:43:14 AM EDT
[#38]
And yet the refs themselves handle every ball between every down....and nothing unusual struck them about the Pats balls.

I'm not a Pats fan, but 45-7 had very little to do with psi.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:50:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Exactly.

You cheated to get to the Super Bowl? Guess what? You're not gonna be in the Super Bowl.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

It's one of those stupid rules no one gives a shit about (unless it's the pats). Look at all the rules about the ball in the MLB. You think the pitchers give a shit? Everyone knows they do it too and nobody cares.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#40]
So much butthurt.

The refs verified the balls.  What were the Colts balls like AFTER the game?  Did they check?

Hell, how are most balls after a game?  How often do they get checked?  

But nah...Bill was probably on the sideline, behind a curtain, deflating balls.

People are fucking idiots and this didn't change the outcome of the game.  The colts couldn't score to save their lives.

ETA: People who don't care about sports or watch sports will care more about this than people who actaully watch football.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So much butthurt.

The refs verified the balls.  What were the Colts balls like AFTER the game?  Did they check?

Hell, how are most balls after a game?  How often do they get checked?  

But nah...Bill was probably on the sideline, behind a curtain, deflating balls.

People are fucking idiots and this didn't change the outcome of the game.  The colts couldn't score to save their lives.

ETA: People who don't care about sports or watch sports will care more about this than people who actaully watch football.
View Quote

Yup I agree with every bit of this. If this wasn't the pats it wouldn't of even made ESPN.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#43]

Patriots scored 28 unanswered points in the 2nd half...

Obviously it wasn't the balls that made the difference.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I gotta go with who gives a shit on this one. Everyone sets the ball the way they want to. We did it in highschool, everyone does it in college, and everyone most likely does it in the pros. Shit, kickers and quarterbacks even set balls different than eachother on the same team. I mean even kickers set balls different in different situations; some guys will change balls depending on a kick off or a field goal.  I'm not a pats fan, but if this was any other team this wouldn't even be in the news and nobody would give a shit.

Go Niners by the way.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nobody cares.   Nobody will hold cheaters responsible.
View Quote

yeap. last i heard their super bowl "victories" hadn't been vacated.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:58:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think Luck only becomes a great QB during a full moon.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:58:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody cares.   Nobody will hold cheaters responsible.

Last I heard, they made it to the superbowl twice after that...but no one cares. lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:59:46 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's one of those stupid rules no one gives a shit about (unless it's the pats). Look at all the rules about the ball in the MLB. You think the pitchers give a shit? Everyone knows they do it too and nobody cares.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

Stupid or not, it is a rule nonetheless. If they knowingly broke it, they deserve to be punished for it.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This thread needs more Smokey Yunick..

Reading Between the Lines
Smokey Yunick, owner of Daytona's Best Damn Garage in Town, was a perpetual thorn in the side of NASCAR in general, and Bill France in particular. The self-taught engineer was a genius at aerodynamics, and his tricks to make a car's body slip through the air were far ahead of his time. But Yunick was perhaps best known for interpreting what the rule book said—or, perhaps, didn't say. For example: In 1968, he said NASCAR specified how big a fuel tank could be, but he noticed no one said how big the fuel line could be. Instead of a half-inch fuel line, Yunick created a two-inch fuel line that was 11 feet long, and held five gallons of gas. Cheating? Not really, since nowhere did it say you couldn't do that.
View Quote

As soon as I read what they'd done, I thought: "Sounds like NASCAR".
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:02:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Stupid or not, it is a rule nonetheless. If they knowingly broke it, they deserve to be punished for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

They'll pay their fines and that'll be it. And thats all it should be. Removing them from the superbowl, vacating wins, suspensions, or any of the other silly things I've heard (not from you) would be taking it too far.
Page / 29
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top