Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Book Stannis is a man who is truly trying to do what is right by the law and morally just. Hell, he even expresses guilt over having to kill Renly.

Show Stannis is a pussy-wiped fanatic brainwashed by a religious zealot with fantastic tits!

FIFY

IMO, she has the best body on the show.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_142/1468098_Sexy_Women_of__Game_of_Thrones_.html&page=4#i40135356

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The non-bootlegged trailer for season 5:

Link Posted: 2/1/2015 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant wait

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Sand Snakes are coming.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fire and Blood.  

<a href="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/happycynic/media/Targaryen_zpsqidprhjy.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/happycynic/Targaryen_zpsqidprhjy.jpg</a>

https://40.media.tumblr.com/fa1d65ba92deaaee4506d0cbde12f508/tumblr_n9whewLcua1sjeo6vo1_500.jpg

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Well, since there are no Russians in the show that means Stannis is fucked.  

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
1. Infant Dragons, who'd be more akin to flies before the likes of Belarion.

2. Unlike her ancestor Aegon, she has neither the will nor the ability to control them.

3. Do you honestly think that the people of Westeros are going to welcome back the daughter of the Mad King with songs of praise and adoration, after all the fucked up shit that went on during his reign, and the atrocities committed by several kings before even him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, and just for clarification.

http://f.ptcdn.info/644/019/000/1401689749-Wrnp8KD-o.jpg

Fuck. The. Targaryens.

They tried, and failed.  And now this Targaryen has dragons.  

<a href="http://s48.photobucket.com/user/happycynic/media/DragonsFlyingDragonsGoT_zpsa2k0kaui.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f210/happycynic/DragonsFlyingDragonsGoT_zpsa2k0kaui.jpg</a>

1. Infant Dragons, who'd be more akin to flies before the likes of Belarion.

2. Unlike her ancestor Aegon, she has neither the will nor the ability to control them.

3. Do you honestly think that the people of Westeros are going to welcome back the daughter of the Mad King with songs of praise and adoration, after all the fucked up shit that went on during his reign, and the atrocities committed by several kings before even him?

Yeah well my prediction is

Click To View SpoilerThis will never make it into the tv show though.

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 1:35:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#11]
So um... The ms. just surprised me with tickets to see the last two episodes in IMAX tonight at 7pm...

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:21:57 AM EDT
[#12]
The actor that plays Ser Gregor Clegane broke a 1,000 year old strongman record:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1714910__Game_of_Thrones__actor_breaks_1_000_year_old_strongman_record.html

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes.  Once Stannis takes King's Landing from the Lannisters . . . oh wait.  

View All Quotes

Oh don't worry, once Daenerys takes back the Iron Throne with her husband's army at her back...oh wait.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:09:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I just finished A Storm of Swords.  The way the Hound dies in the book is completely different than on the show.  I don't see the point of how they did it in the show.  Brienne doesn't travel on with Arya, from what I remember.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just finished A Storm of Swords.  The way the Hound dies in the book is completely different than on the show.  I don't see the point of how they did it in the show.  Brienne doesn't travel on with Arya, from what I remember.
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:03:02 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Book Stannis is a man who is truly trying to do what is right by the law and morally just. Hell, he even expresses guilt over having to kill Renly.

Show Stannis is a pussy-wiped fanatic brainwashed by a religious zealot with fantastic tits!

FIFY

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_142/1468098_Sexy_Women_of__Game_of_Thrones_.html&page=4#i40135356

Disagree. Ros and a lot of the other prostitutes have better bodies.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Show isn't till April and we have a thread already?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIFY

I was referring to actual characters.  Not extras.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Doreah has the best body in the show.

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:23:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Thankfully, by the time her character died Sansa became of age.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:37:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Saw the last two episodes in IMAX last night. Man... what a difference the big screen made!  Damn scene with John and Ygritte hit me right in the feels again, as well as the scene where Daenerys chained up Rhaegal and Viserion.

It was funny watching all the people in the theater on the edge of their seats when next season's trailer played
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Saw the last two episodes in IMAX last night. Man... what a difference the big screen made!  Damn scene with John and Ygritte hit me right in the feels again, as well as the scene where Daenerys chained up Rhaegal and Viserion.

It was funny watching all the people in the theater on the edge of their seats when next season's trailer played
View Quote

Why?  It's been out for days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

IMO, this was nothing more than the deliberate fuckery we have seen with other characters, to twist them outside the way they were depicted in the book to the whim of the directors. They wanted to elevate Brienne to a force to be reckoned with, so they had her defeat the Hound. It's the same as making Jaime a kinslayer and  a rapist. It's dumbing down of complex characters. They wanted to debase the morally ambiguous characters, and elevate the one who fit the PC mold.

Don't get me wrong. I love Brienne. But she would not have beaten the Hound. It was a deus ex machina to appease the PC gods, nothing more.

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

IMO, this was nothing more than the deliberate fuckery we have seen with other characters, to twist them outside the way they were depicted in the book to the whim of the directors. They wanted to elevate Brienne to a force to be reckoned with, so they had her defeat the Hound. It's the same as making Jaime a kinslayer and  a rapist. It's dumbing down of complex characters. They wanted to debase the morally ambiguous characters, and elevate the one who fit the PC mold.

Don't get me wrong. I love Brienne. But she would not have beaten the Hound. It was a deus ex machina to appease the PC gods, nothing more.

View Quote
I don't see any conspiracy.  They just wanted to tighten up the universe of characters.  Brienne did beat Loras and that's from the books ,and Loras is regarded as one of the better swordsmen in Westeros.  

Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Brienne couldn't even beat a starving, chained up Jaime and Jaime questions whether or not he could beat the Hound and I think he leaned toward no.  It's not just that I'm a book snob.  I understand things need to be changed for the screen sometimes due to time constraints but it seems that they make changes for no reason that would easily translate directly from the book to the show.  The LOTR movies were really terrible in this regard also.

As for the PC thing HBO did the exact same thing with True Blood.  Everyone knows Lafayette but in the books he was an ancillary character that died at the end of book one.  Of course HBO can't kill off a gay AND black character so he becomes a semi major part of the story as does Tara (who is a white nobody in the books) and this forces them to have to ignore all of the major plots and the whole point of the stories.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:22:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, a few days? I can't imagine how they must have felt watching two episodes that have been out for over 7 months
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Damn, a few days? I can't imagine how they must have felt watching two episodes that have been out for over 7 months
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You posted "on the edge of their seats" just for the trailer.  If you said the entire show I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

I would have assumed anyone paying money to see a recent tv show on the big screen would be a pretty big fan of the show.  Thus, they would have almost certainly already seen the trailer for the new season multiple times.  But hey, maybe that's just me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I bet the costume designers make a fucking mint off the show.
View Quote

They should.   They do a damn good job.  Set designers as well.  

I think HBO is one of the networks that learned to make a good show by giving people what they need to accomplish it.

Not like those jerk offs at AMC trying to shoot a cash cow in the foot by cutting their budget.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

You posted "on the edge of their seats" just for the trailer.  If you said the entire show I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

I would have assumed anyone paying money to see a recent tv show on the big screen would be a pretty big fan of the show.  Thus, they would have almost certainly already seen the trailer for the new season multiple times.  But hey, maybe that's just me.
View Quote

I'm a huge fan of the show/books.   I never watch any trailers before the season comes on.  I don't ever even watch sneak peaks for the next episode at the end of the current episode.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Not really a spoiler, but....

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:46:56 PM EDT
[#34]
A deleted scene from S4.  It's not from an "official" source so it might not be up for long.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Another one:

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 11:12:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Another one:

http://youtu.be/BPH8Qtj9P-k
View Quote

It was said that Aerys didn't really become insane until after the multiple betrayals at Duskendale (the revolt of the Darklyns and the believed deliberate slowness of Tywin)
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:53:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:35:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

Of all the scenes from the book they cut, that was easily the most important.  The knowledge that conversion provided was incredibly important for both Tyrion and Jaime going forward.  Why they cut it, I have no idea.

Not to mention, leaving it out lessened Tyrion's motivation to pull the trigger.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 11:32:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Dragons:

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#43]
If you're a big fan of the show you'll probably enjoy this.

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Just finished A Feast for Crows.  Cersei is a biatch, I get the point.  Don't need half the book to be her chapters.  Anyway.  Going to start A Dance With Dragons tonight.

Link Posted: 2/14/2015 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just finished A Feast for Crows.  Cersei is a biatch, I get the point.  Don't need half the book to be her chapters.  Anyway.  Going to start A Dance With Dragons tonight.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:49:12 PM EDT
[#47]
This season will be a chance for us to see if the show actually gives a shit about character development for Stannis, because so far they've made him pretty unlikeable and by this point in the book I find Stannis wins a lot of people over.  Leaving things out like the peach and the story about his brothers and his hawks growing up have, in my opinion, damaged his character development. Now there are some key and cool things that Stannis does coming up, some great conversations, and if HBO doesn't show them than they really don't give a shit about good character development the way that they claim too.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#48]

I'm starting to suspect Dany is actually going to turn out to be a villain. She make think she's acting good and righteous but it will bring nothing but death and destruction. I could be wrong...
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Having read the books and watched all four seasons so far my question is "What the hell are the White Walkers Doing?"

Are the Whites just not getting their shit together or what?

We really haven't seen them in force yet other than their undead army lead by a couple of their guys when they hit the Nights Watch once. No assault on the wall yet and they had a chance to pin to Mance's army of 100,000 against the Wall and take them all.  Are the White Walkers just too few in number right now?

Martin has two books left and I don't know how he's going to develop the White Walkers into anything more than just a one dimensional enemy.  I have no clue what their motivation is or who or what is leading them.

Link Posted: 2/15/2015 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Having read the books and watched all four seasons so far my question is "What the hell are the White Walkers Doing?"

Are the Whites just not getting their shit together or what?

We really haven't seen them in force yet other than their undead army lead by a couple of their guys when they hit the Nights Watch once. No assault on the wall yet and they had a chance to pin to Mance's army of 100,000 against the Wall and take them all.  Are the White Walkers just too few in number right now?

Martin has two books left and I don't know how he's going to develop the White Walkers into anything more than just a one dimensional enemy.  I have no clue what their motivation is or who or what is leading them.

View Quote

It's not really winter yet.
The walkers will come when it's winter, and Martin and the show's producers have given us a few clues in the show and in the books as to what's coming.  Hell, the name of the series should make it clear enough...
Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top