BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 158
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Howdy all.  Well I signed up for HBONow a few weeks ago and marathon'd GOT.  Going to finish up and watch s05e02 later today.  So much craziness.

I was without words after the "The Lannister's send their regards" episode.  Holy shit.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Howdy all.  Well I signed up for HBONow a few weeks ago and marathon'd GOT.  Going to finish up and watch s05e02 later today.  So much craziness.

I was without words after the "The Lannister's send their regards" episode.  Holy shit.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya'll were right.  Don't get too attached to your favorite character.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Kingsguard serve for life (except for Selmy, who was dismissed)

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

gold will be their crowns and gold will be their shrouds.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 7:26:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ya'll were right.  Don't get too attached to your favorite character.  
View Quote

Rip tywin  

Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Couple speculations:

I don't know if it will happen, but I sure hope that show Cersei descends into madness. That would make for some great drama.

Also, I think Jon Snow's arc is going to be moving forward pretty quickly this season. I am not sure how Samwell's arc is going to shape up, I honestly don't see him going anywhere.

They said this season there is going to be like 5 major character deaths. I don't know what they consider a major character. Here's my guesses:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

correction:
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 11:10:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

correction:
Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Click To View Spoiler

correction:
Click To View Spoiler

tommen has to die for myrcella to be crowned. so i doubt "the age of eighty with a belly full of wine and a maiden's mouth around [his] cock," is an option.  dying and killing cersei to save dany could bring jaime full circle, but i can't picture cersei trying to kill anyone with her own hands...she'd be more likely to pull hair and try to scratch her eyes out.  she fancies herself a puppeteer pulling the strings, not someone who wields the knife herself.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 2:34:44 PM EDT
[#9]
No way
Click To View Spoiler

I am excited for tonight! Our first episode with Lord Commander Jon Snow.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No way
Click To View Spoiler

I am excited for tonight! Our first episode with Lord Commander Jon Snow.
View Quote

i've considered that too.  it could set up a "Dance of the Lions" scenario similar to the Targaryen Dance of the Dragons...either way, the prophecy seem to indicate both will die.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:11:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't know if this has been posted yet but it's worth checking out.

http://youtu.be/kPI_xA1SoRg

Just encase you get the strange blank embed bug here is a link
View Quote

Are there any spoilers in this past the current episode or does it just give us more info on what we already know?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Are there any spoilers in this past the current episode or does it just give us more info on what we already know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The latter.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The latter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The latter.

Appreciate it.  Just wanted to be sure not to stumble on anything.  I like to avoid spoilers for my favorite TV shows and just wait it out each week.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Appreciate it.  Just wanted to be sure not to stumble on anything.  I like to avoid spoilers for my favorite TV shows and just wait it out each week.  
View Quote

To a non-book reader there will definitely be some stuff there you aren't familiar with, but there won't be any spoilers.  It's all about what happened in the past and present.  It's a special feature for each season in the blu ray box set.  My personal favorite, but the commentaries are a close second.

Though be warned: the comment section for youtube videos are dark and full of spoilers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

To a non-book reader there will definitely be some stuff there you aren't familiar with, but there won't be any spoilers.  It's all about what happened in the past and present.  It's a special feature for each season in the blu ray box set.  My personal favorite, but the commentaries are a close second.

Though be warned: the comment section for youtube videos are dark and full of spoilers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As stated earlier I blasted through all past episodes pretty quick since I was so hooked.  Kinda catching up on everything else now.  I had to read the wiki plot synopsis after each episode because I was having a hard time connecting who was family with who, rivals, allies, etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

he could re-enter the book storyline at some point, but so far he appears to be living happily ever after with lollys' gold.  do you really think jaime won't come back from dorne?
View Quote

Jamie's problem is Cersi. In the book at this point, as you know, he's already really questioning his relationship to his sister (Moonboy and all that).  Jamie is learning in the book that he's not his Dad and having this kind of crisis personally about what kind of role he should play with regards to the Lannisters.

All Jamie ever wanted to be was a Kings Guard. With Danny he has no shot at ever serving under her having been the man actually responsible for killing her dad.  I'd like to see him get an honorable death against the White Walkers, but that's not how GRRM roles.  Chances are he's going to be killed in the books and probably will be killed in the show. Tragic character
View Quote

I seem to recall that the only real reason Jaime became a Kings Guard was to be close to Cersi.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As stated earlier I blasted through all past episodes pretty quick since I was so hooked.  Kinda catching up on everything else now.  I had to read the wiki plot synopsis after each episode because I was having a hard time connecting who was family with who, rivals, allies, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One of the great features of the blu rays for non-book readers was every time a character was on screen there was an option to push a button and get a non-spoiler background on them.  Who they were, what house they were affiliated with, etc.  They also had the same thing for places, houses, organizations, etc.  Non-book reading friends that have borrowed my blu rays said it helped immensely.

I have to say, I'm pretty surprised you managed to spend the past two years or so without running into a Red Wedding spoiler.  After it happened it was EVERYWHERE as it was, arguably, the most shocking tv show scene in history.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I seem to recall that the only real reason Jaime became a Kings Guard was to be close to Cersi.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

he could re-enter the book storyline at some point, but so far he appears to be living happily ever after with lollys' gold.  do you really think jaime won't come back from dorne?

Jamie's problem is Cersi. In the book at this point, as you know, he's already really questioning his relationship to his sister (Moonboy and all that).  Jamie is learning in the book that he's not his Dad and having this kind of crisis personally about what kind of role he should play with regards to the Lannisters.

All Jamie ever wanted to be was a Kings Guard. With Danny he has no shot at ever serving under her having been the man actually responsible for killing her dad.  I'd like to see him get an honorable death against the White Walkers, but that's not how GRRM roles.  Chances are he's going to be killed in the books and probably will be killed in the show. Tragic character

True.  If not for that he probably would have ended up marrying Lysa Tully.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:11:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

One of the great features of the blu rays for non-book readers was every time a character was on screen there was an option to push a button and get a non-spoiler background on them.  Who they were, what house they were affiliated with, etc.  They also had the same thing for places, houses, organizations, etc.  Non-book reading friends that have borrowed my blu rays said it helped immensely.

I have to say, I'm pretty surprised you managed to spend the past two years or so without running into a Red Wedding spoiler.  After it happened it was EVERYWHERE as it was, arguably, the most shocking tv show scene in history.
View Quote

I will want to watch the show again so I think I'll look for the blu-ray set when they start to go on sale.  I'm pretty surprised I didn't stumble upon spoilers as well.  I had seen "The Lannister's send their regards" mentioned here and there on the net, but I never saw anything past that.  That being said, since I am so "anti-spoiler" if I know I might watch a particular show in the future, I usually just avoid reading anything about it even if it's just a headline.  I did the same with Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that was his plan, along with thinking she'd be married to rhaegar.  aerys' plan seems to have been to deprive tywin of his heir in a way that made it look like an honor instead of a slap in the face.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:24:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

they've chopped that story line up enough that it's anyone's guess
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:53:58 PM EDT
[#24]
off with his head!
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
off with his head!
View Quote

i cheered when i read that scene in the book
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:01:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Poor Sansa.

Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It looks like before he died Tywin had that birds and the bees talk with Tommen.  He definitely looks like he knows what's coming up later that night.

Lucky bastard.

http://watchersonthewall.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/GOT503_081314_HS_DSC_3248.jpg

View Quote

Yup.

"This is all I want to do all day every day, for the rest of my life."

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#28]
"I wish we had some wine for you.  It's a bit early in the day for us."

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Good swipe.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

According to the book.......
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Easily the best episode of the season thus far, IMO.

And it's probably not a coincidence that it's the first episode without Daenerys (at least the real one).

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:38:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I think we may have found the Hound.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, but think back on the last episode of season 4.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aerys made Jaime a Kingsguard to get one over on Tywin. People said that Tywin was the real person running the show (he pretty much was) and Aerys got pissed about it and decided to screw him over by taking away his heir.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Aerys made Jaime a Kingsguard to get one over on Tywin. People said that Tywin was the real person running the show (he pretty much was) and Aerys got pissed about it and decided to screw him over by taking away his heir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not necessarily wrong, but the original comment is more correct.  Jaime requested to be in the Kingsguard so he would be close to Cersei -- Aerys accepted, but for the reasons you point out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#37]
I wish I was Tommen

Looks like a lot happening in next week's episode.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's not necessarily wrong, but the original comment is more correct.  Jaime requested to be in the Kingsguard so he would be close to Cersei -- Aerys accepted, but for the reasons you point out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

good mix of both, with an additional "fuck you" thrown in when he told tywin that princes don't wed servants' daughters
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:17:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He didn't have a choice.  King Aries made him kg to put twin in his place

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:21:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did I miss something in this episode?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't say, but it does appear that Gopher might have.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

I get increasing everybody's age....in the books  Margera is playing with Tommen ' kitten instead of him playing with her kitty...but I'm wondering if HBO knows something we dont....like GRRM has no intention of finishing up the story

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:29:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't have a choice but Cersi planted the seed so Jamie could be close to her.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

I think.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Understood.

I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

I think.

"The process may change him...somewhat."
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Understood.

I think.

"Will it make him... weaker?"
"Oh no."
"Carry on then"

something like that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Maybe it's just me, but Ayra's new assassin buddy looked kind of like a short haired aged up Lizzie from 'The Walking Dead.'

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:39:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Watching the Tommen/Margaery scene I was reminded of a quote from 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off.'

...he's gonna marry the first girl he lays, and she's gonna treat him like shit, because she will have given him what he has built up in his mind as the end-all, be-all of human existence. She won't respect him, 'cause you can't respect somebody who kisses your ass. It just doesn't work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:20:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 1:23:34 AM EDT
[#50]
I've been impressed with Maisie Williams ever since the first season where she was just a little girl with no acting experience holding her own in scenes with Sean Bean.  Without saying a word, I think she did a marvelous job in the scene where Arya is throwing away her things, but can't part with needle.

Page / 158
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top