BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 71
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They really stopped kimi 2 -3 laps too late.

Look how LONG bottas ran his soft ! 40laps !
View Quote

Yep. Kimi comes in 2 laps earlier he probably would have won
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Ricardo done blowed up!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't like that guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me emphasis :

Had they stopped kimi 3 laps earlier as I wanted, he would have won the race

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Both merc BBW fail at the same?  Something fishy there.....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Let me emphasis :

View Quote

I don't think Ferrari thought they could catch LH. I think they were really just aiming for NR, and wanted to solidify 3rd.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Very exciting race, through and through. Awesome to see Kimi back on the podium. If Seb didn't make those three mistakes, it would've probably been Ferrari P2 & P3. Even still only three seconds back. Last year the Mercs were like 40+ seconds ahead in most of the races. Things are getting good!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice drive by Bottas!  I wish those Williams cars were just a bit faster in the turns.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Ferrari is certainly putting the pressure on Mercedes. Nice to see Kimi back on the podium. Seems to be some real synergy within the team.

Mercedes have some real issues with their brakes. They don't seem to be getting a handle on it either. Their brake by wire system appears to have some bugs in the system plus they have a heat problem. Can't imagine they aren't going to DNF because of it at some point.

Sad to see Button not even start the race.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think Ferrari thought they could catch LH. I think they were really just aiming for NR, and wanted to solidify 3rd.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me emphasis :

Same deal.. In those 3 extra laps, Kimi ' gave ' both Mercedes drivers more than 7sec....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 3:29:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

This

Come on Ron.  Light that candle!
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Will Buxton stated that they could have started JB but they knew that he would not have been competitive and would have been out within the first 10 laps because they had not fixed the problem...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Not bad Ferrari, not bad.  I'm usually bored as shit with the first four fly-away races, but two of them have been damn good.  

Now then, let's see what updates everyone brings to Spain and we'll see how the rest of the year will pan out.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Great to see Kimi on the podium!  

It seemed like his attitude irritated Jackie a bit, but hey, that's Kimi.  If he doesn't win, don't expect him to be giddy.  Shit, even when he wins he doesn't get giddy.  Only when he's drunk, does he get giddy.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:51:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Very happy for Kimi.  Looking good for the F-cars too.  I don't know that Seb made mistakes when Rosberg passed him, I think Rosberg was just faster at that point in time during the race.  I think Seb ran off once later, which was a mistake, but it's late and my memory is fuzzing out a bit.  

Bummed for Massa, Williams was looking good for the weekend, and Bottas did well, but Massa just couldn't hang after his crappy start situation.  Don't know if it was him or his car.

FLH (but he's really doing a good job)
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Just finished the race, wow. Hamilton was dominant.

Rosberg drove the shit outta his car there passing Ferraris.

I have to say that when Hamilton came over the radio and said "BBW" I was thinking Big Beautiful Women, then realized it was brakes and my hears started racing wondering if Kimi would get him.

Maldonado was showing some raw, nasty, hot-ass speed early on which was neat.

Too bad for Massa's grid issues or he would have had quite the race for sure.

Ricciardo really KB'd that engine which confuse me as I wondered for a second if a firework went off on the main straight.

Sucks for JB to not make the grid, but Alonso beat some speed into that McLaren dog.

Great to see Ferrari and Mercedes going at it. The race wasn't as crazy as last year but it was still interesting.

Next race is May 10 in Spain. It's going to be a long break.

P.S. Night race + Sparks = Bad Ass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:58:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Did Maldondo crash again?

How many engines does Ric have left?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:11:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did Maldondo crash again?
View Quote

Check it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

One engine left. Three engines in four races. Things are not going well at Renault...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-bull-face-engines-limit-crisis-193608567--f1.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It seemed like his attitude irritated Jackie a bit, but hey, that's Kimi.  If he doesn't win, don't expect him to be giddy.  Shit, even when he wins he doesn't get giddy.  Only when he's drunk, does he get giddy.  
View Quote

Kimi:  in Finland, all there is is fishing and fucking.  And in the winter, the fishing is bad.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:16:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
One engine left. Three engines in four races. Things are not going well at Renault...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/red-bull-face-engines-limit-crisis-193608567--f1.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What happens when he runs out?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

10 place grid penalty for each replacement.  Knowing the FIA, they might start passing out fines too after a certain number.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:41:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Damn good race.  Bahrain always seem to make for an exciting weekend.

Now, the $87,000 question, which way is Nico's head gonna go after this race?  He nutted up and drove the wheels off passing Ferraris, but then either was let down by the brakes or screwed up (we'll likely never know which for sure) and gave 2nd back to Kimi.  Hopefully he'll "takeaway" the good part of his race and start to mount a real challenge to Hamilton.  

Ferrari continues to impress... awesome to see Kimi on the podium again.  Kudos to Vettel, I was watching an interview where the interviewer (Will Buxton maybe, I don't remember), gave him an "out" for his costly trip off track that screwed up his front wing (and cost him a podium at least), asked if there was a problem with the wing that caused the off instead of vice-versa, and Sebastian bluntly stood up and admitted that the car was fine, he just drove too hard into the corner and fucked up.  That's how you get a team behind you.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
He nutted up and drove the wheels off passing Ferraris, but then either was let down by the brakes or screwed up (we'll likely never know which for sure)
View Quote

Team radio revealed that the brake by wire system failed on both cars.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He nutted up and drove the wheels off passing Ferraris, but then either was let down by the brakes or screwed up (we'll likely never know which for sure)

What is that, the second (or third) time an electrical system has failed on both cars simultaneously?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were Ham's messed up, too? Or was the team just conveying to Ham that Nico's were failing? If Ham's were truly messed up, one more lap and Kimi would have probably won the race.

I do echo some of the others' statements, they should have pitted Kimi a couple laps earlier. After Ham passed him like it was sitting still and even Alonso passed him, it was too late. I can only assume they [Ferrari] were affraid that the yellows would be basically dead come the last lap or two, but he was struggling with the whites so much at that point what difference would it make?

Anyway, hindsight and all that...
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:52:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Were Ham's messed up, too? Or was the team just conveying to Ham that Nico's were failing? If Ham's were truly messed up, one more lap and Kimi would have probably won the race.

I do echo some of the others' statements, they should have pitted Kimi a couple laps earlier. After Ham passed him like it was sitting still and even Alonso passed him, it was too late. I can only assume they [Ferrari] were affraid that the yellows would be basically dead come the last lap or two, but he was struggling with the whites so much at that point what difference would it make?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hamilton was the one who called the BBW fault on the radio. Nico's problems basically came up during the podium interview.

Not the first time Mercedes has had brake problems. Last year they switched to Brembos on Hamilton's car at one point to fix the issues he was having. Remember brakes put him into the barrier at Germany last year. Seems like they have major cooling issues or can't get the right compound. This time around it seems to have been some kind of electronic issue. I don't really understand the move to an electronic brake system. Not like you get any feedback from the pedal plus it seems like its really easy to lock up in the corners. Sure seem to be seeing a lot more smoking fronts in the corners. On all the cars. Seems like an answer to a problem that didn't really exist.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Hamilton was the one who called the BBW fault on the radio. Nico's problems basically came up during the podium interview.

Not the first time Mercedes has had brake problems. Last year they switched to Brembos on Hamilton's car at one point to fix the issues he was having. Remember brakes put him into the barrier at Germany last year. Seems like they have major cooling issues or can't get the right compound. This time around it seems to have been some kind of electronic issue. I don't really understand the move to an electronic brake system. Not like you get any feedback from the pedal plus it seems like its really easy to lock up in the corners. Sure seem to be seeing a lot more smoking fronts in the corners. On all the cars. Seems like an answer to a problem that didn't really exist.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would assume that the inclusion of the regenerative system that provides braking forced the use of electronic braking (for better system integration and control during combined use).
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:30:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Constant Braking issues--remember Canada last year? God I hope for a repeat this year. That was an amazing race!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Kimi:  in Finland, all there is is fishing and fucking.  And in the winter, the fishing is bad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That used to be my sigline on here.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:15:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I would assume that the inclusion of the regenerative system that provides braking forced the use of electronic braking (for better system integration and control during combined use).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

winner

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

winner

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

winner

Yep, silly me, forgetting all about the KERS stuff. I keep thinking race car and not transplanted prius technology.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hrmm, that quote seems familier
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#35]

The artice about the new tracks really speaks to me. There is something really special about the flow of the old tracks that just speaks to people. They provide us viewers with a sense of speed that we can relate to as the trees or buildings in the background fly by. During the Bahrain GP I thought to myself a few times that a car broke down because they were shown coming around a corner and it looked like they had slowed. Of course they hadn't but I had no visual reference on screen.

With these big, flat, technical tracks F1 can at times look like an autocross in big parking lot rather than a race.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
With these big, flat, technical tracks F1 can at times look like an autocross in big parking lot rather than a race.
View Quote

I'm concur. And there's talk of dropping Monza.

I miss this:

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Say what you want Nico Ferrari smoked your lap times

<colgroup><col width="64" span="6" style="width:48pt"></col> </colgroup>                                                            
1Kimi  Raikkonen Ferrari 1’36.311 42
2Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1’36.624 0.31338
3Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’37.326 1.01536
4Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Mercedes 1’37.665 1.35443
5Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1’37.857 1.54638

Rumor has it Ferrari is bringing 20-30 more HP to Canada

The Brake by wire failure wasn't a failure, the whole shebang got too hot and defaulted to just conventional brakes.  Merc sacrificed brake cooling for performance to try and deal with Ferrari being able to make long runs on their tiresand in traffic it bit them in the ass when they had to play in traffic it sent the brake temps through the roof.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Say what you want Nico Ferrari smoked your lap times

<colgroup><col width="64" span="6" style="width:48pt"></col> </colgroup>                                                            
1Kimi  Raikkonen Ferrari 1’36.311 42
2Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1’36.624 0.31338
3Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1’37.326 1.01536
4Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Mercedes 1’37.665 1.35443
5Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 1’37.857 1.54638

Rumor has it Ferrari is bringing 20-30 more HP to Canada

The Brake by wire failure wasn't a failure, the whole shebang got too hot and defaulted to just conventional brakes.  Merc sacrificed brake cooling for performance to try and deal with Ferrari being able to make long runs on their tiresand in traffic it bit them in the ass when they had to play in traffic it sent the brake temps through the roof.

"We saw very hot brakes on Nico’s car in traffic, following Kimi and Sebastian first, and then lots of fighting and hard braking. So we monitored that. Then at the end with the backmarkers and lapping cars those brake temperatures went through the roof, and we had a brake by wire failure on both cars, in the same corner. It was on the hard braking on the straight, the temperatures went sky high, and when that happens the brake by wire switches into the conventional system, and then you are without weapons to defend with.

"You can’t do anything if the brake-by-wire collapses or fails and it goes to coventional, the pedal becomes long and the car doesn’t stop any more. This what happens to Nico.

I think every team is turning the engine down to whatever level they think they can win/finish with in the name of conserving their engines and not shredding the tires.

If a team thinks they can shrink brake cooling and in turn crank down the engine performance but not lose any lap time they're going to do it so they're not in the situation that McLaren-Honda or Renault are in.

Ferrari now have a reliable engine they can turn up to run with Mercedes, and Mercedes is looking for a way to not turn up the engine and still lead. Ferrari have proven they are the main competitor to Mercedes this year, but I think they'd even agree that based solely on the mechanical side they are behind the Silver Arrows.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:51:31 PM EDT
[#41]
You think Ros had the "more power" button turned up with Kimi was catching him at 1+ sec per lap?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:12:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You think Ros had the "more power" button turned up with Kimi was catching him at 1+ sec per lap?
View Quote

I think that Rosberg was on old mediums and Raikkonen was on newer softs. The Mercs were also burning up brakes due to insufficient cooling.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:25:53 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Fuck Bernie right up the ass with the 2008 Honda RA108for his threats against Monza.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm concur. And there's talk of dropping Monza.

I miss this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC5953o0rrU

Fuck Bernie right up the ass with the 2008 Honda RA108for his threats against Monza.

This.  Monza, Spa, and Suzuka are fucking sacred ground.  You can take ANY of the other tracks off the calendar and I wouldn't give a damn, but don't touch those three.

I mean hell, it's ITALY!  You HAVE to have an Italian track.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The artice about the new tracks really speaks to me. There is something really special about the flow of the old tracks that just speaks to people. They provide us viewers with a sense of speed that we can relate to as the trees or buildings in the background fly by. During the Bahrain GP I thought to myself a few times that a car broke down because they were shown coming around a corner and it looked like they had slowed. Of course they hadn't but I had no visual reference on screen.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, I check The Judge every morning and I think that article best describes the problem with F1 over the last 10 years or so.  It's not the engines, it's not the drivers, it's not the tires.. it's the really crap tracks.  What they are doing to Mexico is a sin against all that is good in this world.  Tilke, you son of a bitch, I hope you die in a fire.

I mean hell, look at the response Austria generated from fans and drivers last year.. and that track is but a sick shadow of it's former self.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:08:18 PM EDT
[#45]
They should bring back the European Grand Prix and rotate between Imola, Hockenhiem, and Magny-Cours.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#46]
This can be fun, let's play a game.

Here is a list of FIA graded circuits. (.pdf warning) It is missing Sochi and COTA. Make a 19 or 20 race schedule in the order you would want them. Include any street race, too. If it's a track we don't see often or anymore try to comment why you'd like to see it.

Remember, you can only race at Grade 1 Circuits, although I believe there's some type of exception for temporary road/street courses. For fun and reference, here's a list of all of the F1 tracks ever used.

What can you come up with?
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 10:40:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
This can be fun, let's play a game.

Here is a list of FIA graded circuits. (.pdf warning) It is missing Sochi and COTA. Make a 19 or 20 race schedule in the order you would want them. Include any street race, too. If it's a track we don't see often or anymore try to comment why you'd like to see it.

Remember, you can only race at Grade 1 Circuits, although I believe there's some type of exception for temporary road/street courses. For fun and reference, here's a list of all of the F1 tracks ever used.

What can you come up with?
View Quote

These are in no order what so ever.

1. COTA
2. Albert Park
3. Imola
4. Magny-Cours
5. Monaco
6. Montreal
7. Monza
8. Silverstone
9. A1 Ring
10. Spa
11. Suzuka
12. Catalunya
13. Nurburgring
14. Interlagos
15. Sepang
16. Hockenheim
17. Hungaroring
18. Yas Marina
19. Elkart Lake Road America (It's grade 2... just a little work and it could happen!!! )
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:50:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:12:07 AM EDT
[#49]

This is from a Live 24 Racing app article on my phone. This is the last paragraph.

"The PDVSA-backed Lotus Driver, however, insists his reputation as a crasher is undeserved. "When Pastor crashes, it's big news," said Maldanad. "When the other people crash, there is no news. To find the limit, you need to cross the limit. I think I have the big balls to cross the limit every time." He is yet to score a point in 2015."

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

This is from a Live 24 Racing app article on my phone. This is the last paragraph.

"The PDVSA-backed Lotus Driver, however, insists his reputation as a crasher is undeserved. "When Pastor crashes, it's big news," said Maldanad. "When the other people crash, there is no news. To find the limit, you need to cross the limit. I think I have the big balls to cross the limit every time." He is yet to score a point in 2015."

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you really need your phone going bananas on race weekends?
I generally assume Pastor is going to hit something or someone every time he gets into a race car.
He should be in touring cars.  Those guys are supposed  to hit each other.

Bookmarking the app.  It's a neat idea.
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top