BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 71
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:44:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great news--team stability is good when success is there!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...Kimi stays at Ferrari.

Boring, but I guess that is what they are looking for at this point.

Here`s SkyF1`s announcement of that fact

I wonder if the upcoming HaasF1 driver announcement had any weight in Ferrari's decision.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are just trying to concentrate on the success part at this point, i.e., it's easier to concentrate on the big picture (catching Mercedes) with an old goat rather than a young tiger.

I don't disagree with their decision in that regard, it just rather boring from a fans perspective.

Protip: Now that I have said that, Kimi will win at Spa.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems I can't post without doubling recently...
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 2:16:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I still like Kimi. He CAN drive like a man possessed.... when he WANTS to? I dunno. I'd like to see more consistency out of him. Seb's got him beat in that department this season.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:22:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Kimi has 4 wins at Spa

I like Kimi and I love Spa

If Mercedes flubs the start (new start rules in affect now) things will get really exciting.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they are just trying to concentrate on the success part at this point, i.e., it's easier to concentrate on the big picture (catching Mercedes) with an old goat rather than a young tiger.

I don't disagree with their decision in that regard, it just rather boring from a fans perspective.

Protip: Now that I have said that, Kimi will win at Spa.

Kimi has 4 wins at Spa

Daniil Kvyat. "It’s really long, really challenging, there are some proper fast sections and some properly balls out corners.”

If Mercedes flubs the start (new start rules in affect now) things will get really exciting.

say what?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The teams can no longer spoon feed their drivers information about what setting changes to make for the start.  No more changing the clutch bite point based on what the engineers see from an array of sensors.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kimi has 4 wins at Spa

Daniil Kvyat. "It’s really long, really challenging, there are some proper fast sections and some properly balls out corners.”

say what?

The teams can no longer spoon feed their drivers information about what setting changes to make for the start.  No more changing the clutch bite point based on what the engineers see from an array of sensors.  

New restrictions will prevent teams from instructing their drivers via the radio on which settings to select to optimise their starts.

Interesting - I missed that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I still like Kimi. He CAN drive like a man possessed.... when he WANTS to? I dunno. I'd like to see more consistency out of him. Seb's got him beat in that department this season.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Consistency is there, look what he did for Lotus when he came back.  I dunno know what happened to him after the engine swap, but he has improved greatly from last year, so there IS that.  Keeping him and Seb together will definitely cut down on the driver drama that Ferrari have to deal with, which is a godsend in and of itself.  

I mean think about it... had Kimi's car not shat itself in Hungary, it would have been a Ferrari 1-2.... when is the last time THAT happened?  Hokenheim 2010.  

Now Merc needs to continue to fall apart, and the bozo brothers need to continue with the stupid mistakes.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 12:34:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Spa 2014

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kimi has 4 wins at Spa

<snip>

say what?

New restrictions will prevent teams from instructing their drivers via the radio on which settings to select to optimise their starts.

This is going to be a game changer. The guys with an inherent feel for the car are going to benefit greatly from this. I expect to see a couple of stalls and several bad starts at Spa. Qualifying position just became even more important as you really don't want to get caught behind the start snafus.

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:14:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Consistency is there, look what he did for Lotus when he came back.  I dunno know what happened to him after the engine swap, but he has improved greatly from last year, so there IS that.  Keeping him and Seb together will definitely cut down on the driver drama that Ferrari have to deal with, which is a godsend in and of itself.  

I mean think about it... had Kimi's car not shat itself in Hungary, it would have been a Ferrari 1-2.... when is the last time THAT happened?  Hokenheim 2010.  

Now Merc needs to continue to fall apart, and the bozo brothers need to continue with the stupid mistakes.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do agree with all of this. But imagine the results at Ferrari if it was a Seb / Fernando ticket this year? I still feel bad for Alonzo. Drove his ass off last year, and trying this year. Which proves that if your tools aren't up to the task -- doesn't matter how much talent, drive, and work ethic you have.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Sauber's Monster Monkey

Mercedes Spoooooooon

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 6:08:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[snip]

Mercedes Spoooooooon
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM4LMj6WUAAV0wn.jpg
View Quote

The F#CK is that??? MLD? (Maximum Labia Downforce)
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad to see Kimi with Ferrari for another year. I think he'll do well this weekend but he won't win. Even though the Ferraris are good in a straight, but I don't think they're good enough to challenge the Mercs in a track that's like 75% WOT.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:56:53 PM EDT
[#16]
McLaren is getting smaller...

Red Bull Spa wing

Christian Bale to star in Michael Mann's Ferrari film.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:31:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

[snip]

Mercedes Spoooooooon

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM4LMj6WUAAV0wn.jpg

I THINK it is an area where the airflow meets.  So, to take advantage of that they twisted the center of the wing downward.

ETA: looks like i was mostly wrong.  They use the dip to direct air away from the edges of the wing to cut down the tip vorticies.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Not sure if everyone knew or if ppl stop caring about pastor but he did it again in fp1 crashing causing a red flag
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Its nice to see the cars running again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I THINK it is an area where the airflow meets.  So, to take advantage of that they twisted the center of the wing downward.

http://img2.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Mercedes-Formel-1-GP-Belgien-Spa-Francorchamps-20-August-2015-fotoshowImage-a658dc43-889711.jpg

ETA: looks like i was mostly wrong.  They use the dip to direct air away from the edges of the wing to cut down the tip vorticies.

View Quote

Gotchya. Looks a little better from the front.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure if everyone knew or if ppl stop caring about pastor but he did it again in fp1 crashing causing a red flag
View Quote

So pathetic. Like having a "mentally challenged" guy on the starting lineup of your NFL team just because he's speshul. Who's gonna get killed or critically injured because the rich kid keep buying his way into the car?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:07:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Nico with a crazy delamination in FP2.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:28:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I do agree with all of this. But imagine the results at Ferrari if it was a Seb / Fernando ticket this year? I still feel bad for Alonzo. Drove his ass off last year, and trying this year. Which proves that if your tools aren't up to the task -- doesn't matter how much talent, drive, and work ethic you have.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm done feeling bad for Fernando... he could still be there, but he spent a lot of last year talking shit about Ferrari.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't get people's infatuation with Alonso.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gif of crash

maldonadopenaltycounter.com
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:26:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's a great driver who drove his ass off in an inferior car last year, and is doing it again this year`?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#27]
The Merc rear wing is so hawt
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

People tend to enjoy watching the greatest driver of their generation.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:39:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You could give him a tricycle, and he'd be competitive.

He's a really good driver. He's got personality. He's not German.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's not my favorite Driver, but to deny his Talent, Charisma, and Sportsmanship is to be incredibly ignorant.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Okay, what's Hamilton's ARFCOM user name?

(You seriously want to click that link)
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:35:22 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty much this, though I would argue that Seb has as much personality as he does.  

You really would have had to have watched him as a rookie and when he won his two championships to understand how good he is.  2005 was an impressive year to win a championship against Schumacher in his prime considering the fucked up rules (1 set of tires per WEEKEND, and really goofy qualifying).
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote
Hard not to like this guy....

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:59:34 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I wonder if the upcoming HaasF1 driver announcement had any weight in Ferrari's decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I seriously doubt a brand new team would have that sort of sway unless the 'technical' deal they have with Ferrari is much more interesting than first thought.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I seriously doubt a brand new team would have that sort of sway unless the 'technical' deal they have with Ferrari is much more interesting than first thought.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I had been up for like 40 hours when I thought about that and posted. I was just thinking that maybe one of the Ferrari young drivers would be going to Haas or something like that. Hard to remember exactly what I was thinking at that point.

I would be more inclined to guess that Williams wanted too much to buy out Bottas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:43:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm done feeling bad for Fernando... he could still be there, but he spent a lot of last year talking shit about Ferrari.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

amen
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
amen

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

amen

Ferrari was building shit cars :shrugs:  The idea that Ferrari or any car is somehow immune to criticism is hilarious.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

"living_effect: Not good... not cool... Did you ever think about being a rolemodel?"

LOL... what a total fag. "OMG... Ham shot A GUN!!! OMG!!!"
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 4:45:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

"living_effect: Not good... not cool... Did you ever think about being a rolemodel?"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some of the comments are pretty funny. I think one I saw that stood out was "Shoot love, not guns."

That's a DD V7, right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Some of the comments are pretty funny. I think one I saw that stood out was "Shoot love, not guns."

That's a DD V7, right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a DD V7, right?

I was somewhat meh about Hamilton, but i'm rather happy to see that.

Oh and Mr. living_effect can stuff it.  He's being a great role model. Learning to use and respect a firearm makes you less likely to be a typical "shoulder thing that goes up" irrational gun hater with no actual working knowledge of the capabilities (or lack there of in some cases) of a firearm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ferrari was building shit cars :shrugs:  The idea that Ferrari or any car is somehow immune to criticism is hilarious.

View Quote

Couldn't agree more. Alonso was frustrated with Ferrari's lack of competitiveness at the time. Don't blame him. At least he expected McLaren Honda to start-out hobbled this season. I like Ferrari, especially since Seb is now there. But have been critical of them before, can be critical now, and will continue to be critical of them in the future.

And this is coming from a guy who WORSHIPS their road cars. My dream car is just a "humble" 458 Spider in red (or maybe the F50 Spider if I'm REALLY dreaming! ). I've probably been in more of them than many of the blind Tifosi who cannot tolerate any acknowledgement of the emperor missing clothes at times. The Ferraris I've experienced in the past two years = 2010 458 Italia, 2014 458 Italia, 2015 F12 Berlinetta, 328 GTS and Testa Rossa. So I'm far from anti-Ferrari. They're like any other entity or person (albeit a truly legend...wait for it... dary entity). They ain't perfect...
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Makes me hate his whiny ass a tad less, a tad....
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:05:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:22:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I still hate him
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I still hate him

same here

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't hate Hamilton.  I might not want to be buds with him, but I sure would like to talk racing and learn from him.  It would be ridiculous to say that he sucks.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:51:01 AM EDT
[#47]
FP3 time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quali time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Mercedes must be glad to get back on a track so they don't have to hear about  the last race.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 8:24:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Mercedes must be glad to get back on a track so they don't have to hear about  the last race.
View Quote

Seeing as they are 1-2 in Q1 on MEDIUMS when everybody else ran softs, I'd say they're making a statement.
Page / 71
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top