Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#1]
This day and age, I'd give Century the benefit of the doubt.  Yeah, they've had their issues but it appears they have come a long way.  

The C308 looks like it will be a good thing.  They have added the rail for optics, used HK parts for the operating portion of the rifle, the cetme rear sight for simplicity, and their own 18in barrel.  I like it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If CAI farms the build out (like they're been doing allot recently) it will probably be good. If it's in house...
View Quote

They fucked me. Not one more dime, and I'll do what I can to share my experience.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Find me some evidence of properly assembled Century gun.  Just find me one gun.  Just one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Run.  Just Run.  Century guns are assembled by drunken idiots.

Can I borrow the broad brush when you are done with it.

Find me some evidence of properly assembled Century gun.  Just find me one gun.  Just one.

I've had 3 Century marked guns, only one needed any work.  The WASR needed to have the canted front sight fixed, and I corrected that myself.  The 20" A2 AR had no issues at all (I regretted selling that one).  The final one was only Century marked but no assembled.  It was a S&W 13-3 that was sold the the RCMP, then imported back the states by Century.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#4]
So they build shit, make tons of cash off good shooters like myself, then decide to do a better job and not look back??

Shitty business model.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got my Cetme on a trade.  Traded a S&W 22a and a 420 round can of M855 for it.  

I have had no problems with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

when they first had those cetmes for sale,I got one,would not work.

sent it back,came back working,now it just sits in the rack.

can`t get rid of it.

I got my Cetme on a trade.  Traded a S&W 22a and a 420 round can of M855 for it.  

I have had no problems with it.

good deal,I don`t trust mine,put a couple mags through it, but I don`t trust it.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Century doing HK?

"Because we suck, and you hate us."

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Century doing HK?

"Because we suck, and you hate us."

View Quote

lol. That was good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:53:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Instead of making a abortion of a build(Mix of Cetme and HK parts) How about just make a HK91 clone
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Since the action is basically identical to the Cetme, I wonder how many of them will have the bolts ground?
View Quote

They did that with the CETMEs because they were too lazy/cheap to reset the trunnioned Spanish barrels. To be fair, that probably won't be the case since they are using new barrels with these. They might do something equally as stupid like use an unfluted chamber to save a few bucks, though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I said it in the G3 thread and I'll say it again here: Why gamble with Century, when you can get a JLD for ~$200 more?

These MIGHT be built right and the one you get MIGHT run right, but the JLD WILL run right.

Both my remaining Century guns have issues, even though they do run OK.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Any company that puts 5.56 barrels on 5.45 guns and then tells customers "you should try using different ammo" instead of fixing the problem deserves the cold shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#12]
If you aren't a good gunsmith, HK rifles aren't for you. Unfortunately, Century is filled with not so good gunsmiths and yet again are going to churn out G3 clones at such a robust price point.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you do pick one up make sure to:
Measure the bolt gap
Ensure that everything locks up correctly(that the charging handle assembly has some movement when in battery)
Look for canted sights and charging tube
Inspect the barrel to make sure the chamber is fluted

For those unaware of Century's past screw-ups:
They've installed barreled trunnions without properly resetting barrel depth
Ground bolt bodies to attempt to remedy headspace issues
Used 5.56 bore barrels on 5.45 guns
Canted sights, gas blocks, trunnions, charging tubes
Weak/improper weld joints

View Quote

To be honest, I've seen arsenals, Npaps, and other Factory AK's with canted fsb's. As long as the AK can be sighted in i believe they consider it In spec.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Had it not been for CAI agressively importing and promoting milsurps over the years, I strongly believe that we would have had many fewer units and selections available to us.

I ask the haters this:  Who else has brought in more firearms from all over the world?  Once Interarms shut down, we needed a new source.

Some of their builds have been poor.  Most have been fine.

But CAI has been a great resource over the past few decades.
View Quote

+1

Love em or hate em, few if any other entities have given us a broader selection of milsurp firearms over the years.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Any company that puts 5.56 barrels on 5.45 guns and then tells customers "you should try using different ammo" instead of fixing the problem deserves the cold shoulder.
View Quote

Then acts surprised to hear of this!!

Then blames some never heard of barrel maker. Not us.

Then SELLS you a barrel to fix issue. Why would we give you one??

Then denies its the caliber of barrel. Maybe headspace? Maybe chamber issues? Maybe throat issue? Did you drop it? Did you disassemble?

Assholes. All of them. How anyone can support a company like this is sickening. But, their next gun is a cool knock off and looks great!! (And I heard they're better!! )

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:30:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

+1

Love em or hate em, few if any other entities have given us a broader selection of milsurp firearms over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had it not been for CAI agressively importing and promoting milsurps over the years, I strongly believe that we would have had many fewer units and selections available to us.

I ask the haters this:  Who else has brought in more firearms from all over the world?  Once Interarms shut down, we needed a new source.

+1

And, thus, a license to fuck the customer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're giving a bad name to the run of the mill drunken idiot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#18]
nvm
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

SKS was imported, the CETME was assembled in the US. As far as I know, Century contracts their builds out. Sometimes they use monkeys, sometimes gunsmiths.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I keep hearing this.  I have two Century labeled guns.  One Cetme and one SKS.  Both have worked flawlessly and have been more accurate than me.  

SKS was imported, the CETME was assembled in the US. As far as I know, Century contracts their builds out. Sometimes they use monkeys, sometimes gunsmiths.

Here, drink this.  Sometimes it's wine, sometimes it's sewage.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:34:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Show us on the doll where Century touched you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assholes. All of them. How anyone can support a company like this is sickening. But, their next gun is a cool knock off and looks great!! (And I heard they're better!! )

They touched my wallet and shoved a barrel up my ass.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#21]
nvm
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:35:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Holds up wallet*

If fucking over customers with shit product and shit service was all it took to go out of business, Century would be closed by now many times over.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#23]
After reading all the Century customer service horror stories in this thread, I'll have to pass on this gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Century is to gunmaking as Bill Cosby is to lovemaking.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

At Buck Angel's place lol.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Then denies its the caliber of barrel. Maybe headspace? Maybe chamber issues? Maybe throat issue? Did you drop it? Did you disassemble?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did something similar with the SAR3.  They didn't feed properly with the bodge-job AK74 mags they sold with them but, instead of just admitting this and selling them with the correct Weiger mag (or for that matter, just informing people of the existence of a better mag) they flat-out denied the problem.

They also fucked up a bunch of perfectly fine MAS49/56s and MAS36s with poorly conceived conversions to 7.62 NATO.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:01:20 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll buy one when it comes out. I'm still waiting on a Sten parts kit I had to send back to them to further demill after I had bought it from a third party vendor and demilled myself. It's been almost five months.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Doesn't Century now sub contract out its builds to other firearm builders?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks like a hodge-podge of CETME and G-3 parts with a plastic lower.

And the video was mostly CAI employees talking about it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Really, that is what you comprehended?  Public school much?  I didn't hold CAI blameless.  I said that overall CAI has been very good for the gunowners in this country.  

If we are going to hate every company that puts out bad products from time to time, we will have to hate them all.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Really, that is what you comprehended?  Public school much?  I didn't hold CAI blameless.  I said that overall CAI has been very good for the gunowners in this country.  

If we are going to hate every company that puts out bad products from time to time, we will have to hate them all.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

The stories of bad customer service and not standing behind the product is what concerns me. Every company has some lemons slip out into the market. How the situation is handled separates good from bad companies.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:39:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Jeff Quinn needs to revisit his rifle hold...sheesh...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:47:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Should be more like $599 MSRP
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

I noticed that as well. Looked like it was tenderizing his shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Regardless, I'm sure he loved it...just like every single other gun he ever reviewed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:02:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

What a retarded comment. Public school much?? Whatever, smart guy....

They were good to gun owners who DIDNT BUY THEIR SHIT PRODUCT.

So they got a license and imported. That's great. I would too. But when their new shit fell apart or failed to function, and they shit on those who chose their product, they negated that for me.

Would you buy a new Tantal for $650-700 today? Why not?

From time to time??? That's just denial.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#38]
meh !!! might want to go with a Yugo M77 its cheaper and made at ZASTAVA ..
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Look at all the shit on the chest of that guy in the video. How the fuck does that setup even work? It's like he has sternum cancer. How do you get prone?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The VZ2008s are pretty nice. The receivers are very well done.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

That license must've expired or something, because the century FAL, PSL, and numerous other milsurps of mine they simply imported all work great at a decent price.

Obviously you got burned and thats a bummer, but the fact remains that they have arguably done more than any other company to make worldwide surplus firearms widely accessible to Americans. If century didn't exist, would another company have done the same thing but better? Would they have cost twice as much then?Maybe, but who knows...it's simply conjecture. They practically created the affordable AK market here in the US, and a lot of stuff is almost impossible to find outside of century imports.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Outsourced AFAIK
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That license must've expired or something, because the century FAL, PSL, and numerous other milsurps of mine they simply imported all work great at a decent price.

Obviously you got burned and thats a bummer, but the fact remains that they have arguably done more than any other company to make worldwide surplus firearms widely accessible to Americans. If century didn't exist, would another company have done the same thing but better? Would they have cost twice as much then?Maybe, but who knows...it's simply conjecture. They practically created the affordable AK market here in the US, and a lot of stuff is almost impossible to find outside of century imports.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

Hell, my Mosin is a Century import. Great rifle.

Like I said, imports are great, and I wish I had done it and worked that hard to get those guns into the U.S.  Agree, that's great.

But to treat me like they did, deny, sell the fix to their issue, blame others, and not even offer to help with pressing the new barrel, really showed a classless and dirty company at heart. How many shitty guns went to guys who don't have the skills or cash many here have? If they had even helped in some way to make it right, I'd feel a lot better. Love the gun now, great fit & finish after sending it to a AK builder / shop in IL somewhere. They were almost there and it was almost a great gun out of the box.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s868.photobucket.com/user/Timcohydronics/media/DSC02192.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab250/Timcohydronics/DSC02192.jpg</a>
View Quote

You're not suppose to throw the bullets at the paper silly man!

Edit:  I remember that debacle when the wrong barrel was used in their 74 rifle builds.

However, my SAR-1 and M70AB2 were really nice rifles.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:53:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s868.photobucket.com/user/Timcohydronics/media/DSC02192.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i868.photobucket.com/albums/ab250/Timcohydronics/DSC02192.jpg</a>

I threw them just right to all point the same way! Looks like a naval fleet.

You could hear them hum down range!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sunk my battleship!
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#47]

I had a new C93.  Field stripped it for the first time, rollers fell out onto the floor.  I fixed that.

Chamber was rough, wouldn't extract.  Polished it manually, and gradually the failures lessened to "occasional".

Wouldn't zero windage unless sight was fully slid over to one side.  I ditched it.

Maybe they changed, but it'll take a few years to make everyone forget things like these.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]
HA! Good luck with that. Shot a friends and the recoil impulse was harsh. He also had issues with the bolt and crooked sights. He is a big gun guy and never sells weapons. His is up for sale.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Ok, I can live with that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They touched my wallet and shoved a barrel up my ass.

Ok, I can live with that

Sideways...like the Tantal bullets hit
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 11:20:05 PM EDT
[#50]
I've been happy with my c93 and vz2008. If I find one of these cheap $550 or less, I'll give it a go
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top