[#1]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What do IT chumps look like?
View Quote

They drive Miatas for one.

I honestly have no idea what it takes to get pulled over here for a traffic violation.
Even 20 over the speed limit closing on an officer doing traffic enforcement will only get the lights flashed at you.

I've seen drivers popped for being assholes, but never for what looked like simple speeding.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was getting on the highway the other day and two vehicles zipped by me and through traffic at a high rate of speed, obviously "racing" each other.

Not more than 100 yards ahead, an unmarked police car that was just driving along lit up like a pinball machine and pulled in behind the one guy that was driving a VW Golf.  The officer rolled up beside that guy for a moment, then took off up ahead to catch the other driver, who happened to be in a boring Japanese sedan of some sort.  

As I approached, I saw that the state trooper was pulled in behind both vehicles in the emergency lane.  He pulled over two cars at the same time!

The two drivers looked like 20-something IT chumps.  Both had beet-red "oh shit this is going to suck" expressions on their faces.  

I chuckled as I drove by saying to myself "Ahhh, you dumbasses" with a feeling of vindication, even though I have been pulled over before and know how much of a bummer it is.   Kind of hypocritical don't you think?  

View Quote

Generally no, but like in your case sometimes people get exactly what they deserve.

ETA
On the old "hill side strangler" in Chicago east bound, I saw someone using the shoulder to get ahead in traffic.  A cop was blocking it doing something with another car.

I had a guy pass me here using the crosshatched area, we were both going west.  He may have saved me from a ticket.  

Sadly, this guy wasn't ticketed.  He was going relatively slow in the left lane, blocking me.  Then he decided passing another wide load (he has some sort of large steel frame) on a bridge was a good idea.  I backed way off when I saw what he was doing.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I hate workin traffic,unless they are really acting like an asshole but usually im im a f250 towing something. One time i was in a old unmarked f150 when two  idiots in really beat to shit cars were racing and ran me and a few other cars off the road.  Before i could find where the dash light ended up to try to stop one of them, they crashed into each other and piled up. i pulled up behind them as they threw beer cans,and tried to stuff bongs and shit into a culvert pipe. They had no idea i was a cop and before i got my badge out of my shirt they were trying to trade all kinds of awesome weed for a ride before the man showed up. When i told them who i was they were like .
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I hate workin traffic,unless they are really acting like an asshole but usually im im a f250 towing something. One time i was in a old unmarked f150 when two  idiots in really beat to shit cars were racing and ran me and a few other cars off the road.  Before i could find where the dash light ended up to try to stop one of them, they crashed into each other and piled up. i pulled up behind them as they threw beer cans,and tried to stuff bongs and shit into a culvert pipe. They had no idea i was a cop and before i got my badge out of my shirt they were trying to trade all kinds of awesome weed for a ride before the man showed up. When i told them who i was they were like .
View Quote

Shit like that must make up for a lot of not-so-much-fun stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol. I like how the whole world of drivers are angels and all the cops are JBT collecting taxes

Like the guy's going 90 and weaving in and out of traffic don't deserve to get stopped.

Around here you need to screw up to get a cop to stop you, and REALLY screw up before a ticket is issued.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No.

I see an out of control state generating revenue.
View Quote

I love this place!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]
If I saw someone do something very very stupid I'd rather enjoy watching them get pulled over.  But otherwise no, I feel bad for the person pulled over usually.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Another thing I'm conflicted on.

I'm not a fan of many of our traffic laws, as they really are aimed more at revenue than any actual statistical safety improvement of note.

However, I see so many horrible drivers on the road.  It really seems that the people that know the least and have the lowest skill are the ones going the fastest.  Unfortunately, you really don't understand how things work until you've had some crazy stuff happen.  Some people don't even learn when bad things happen too.  So, yeah, I'd like to see a lot more people pulled over.  For some of them, ticketing isn't enough, I'd be more than happy to look the other way while an office removes some of their teeth with a baton too.  Unfortunately, with all our safety equipment now, stupid people are surviving things they really shouldn't.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
No. I get no satisfaction from seeing anybody get pulled over.
View Quote

Nor do I. Except DUI.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Normal driving I could care less unless it's something particularly stupid.

In a work zone, lay the fine and points on double.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude went flying past me once, about rams me and a few other cars.  Doing twice the limit, at least (90 in a 45)

I think to myself "Where's a cop when you need one".

Instant that thought is done, Reds and Blues pull out and bust the guy.

Yeah, I was very, very happy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#14]
does the little fish smile as his mate is culled from the school by barracuda?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I see someone pulled over and im like

Then im like vroooom

Then im like fuuuuuu

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Nope. 99 times out of 100 it pisses me the fuck off.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:13:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like this guy who passed me in a construction zone, then passed the sheriffs deputy in front of me?  

He got lit up.

Click pic to see

<a href="http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TGrayman/Car%20Cam/passandstop_zpsawllyrab.mp4" target="_blank">http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg286/TGrayman/Car%20Cam/th_passandstop_zpsawllyrab.mp4</a>
View Quote

He also appears to have passed you on a solid yellow as well.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No.

I see an out of control state generating revenue.
View Quote

Harumph

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Better them than me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top