Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/21/2014 6:46:29 PM EDT
What's the fascination people have with this place?My daughter wanted a hot cocoa and I a coffee.
   The location near us is a good sized one, and the parking lot is always so full you'd think they were
   handing out 100- dollar bills...After close to a half hour we received our order.Coffee, coco and a cookie.
   Cookie was stale,coffee tasted like shit and the cocoa was basically brown water!!!They gave me a refund  
   for the cookie,gave my daughter a second cocoa that  had a "little" more chocolate flavor. So my question  
   is,why is the place so popular???
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What's the fascination people have with this place?My daughter wanted a hot cocoa and I a coffee.
   The location near us is a good sized one, and the parking lot is always so full you'd think they were
   handing out 100- dollar bills...After close to a half hour we received our order.Coffee, coco and a cookie.
   Cookie was stale,coffee tasted like shit and the cocoa was basically brown water!!!They gave me a refund  
   for the cookie,gave my daughter a second cocoa that  had a "little" more chocolate flavor. So my question  
View Quote

Marketing....

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You can open carry there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Marketing....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Marketing....

Yup, and name (Brand) recognition...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Had my G19 concealed,maybe try again with my SLR107 across my back?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Frappacino
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Eff Starbucks, Coffe Bean kicks ass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
But, but, but....
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because it's still better than the dirty burnt water you get from Dunkin Donuts
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I go there every chance I get.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Got a drive-thru one by me. Quite convenient.
Stop by maybe twice a week for some sort of a latte.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:56:39 PM EDT
[#11]
You've really never been to a Starbucks before?  Wow.  Hmm.  Not judging.

I was always a Dunkin fan, until I moved from the Northeast.  The Dunkin elsewhere in the country is terrible to me.  I have found some stuff that I really like at Starbucks.

A grande blonde red-eye in a venti cup is my go-to now.  Fill the cup rest of the larger cup with whole milk.  No sweetener.  Boom.  Tasty goodness.  Wiiiide awake for hours.

Starbucks is located just about everywhere I work, so I'm almost forced to them if I want coffee.  Got their gold card since I'm gonna drink it anyway, might as well get some freebees.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:56:40 PM EDT
[#12]

If you ain't had one of their eggnog lattes you ain't living right.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

And every DD I have ever been into is absolutely painful to place an order.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Their coffee is ass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#15]
The bacon gouda breakfast sandwiches kick ass
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I was always a Dunkin fan, until I moved from the Northeast.  The Dunkin elsewhere in the country is terrible to me.  I have found some stuff that I really like at Starbucks.

A grande blonde red-eye in a venti cup is my go-to now.  Fill the cup rest of the larger cup with whole milk.  No sweetener.  Boom.  Tasty goodness.  Wiiiide awake for hours.

Starbucks is located just about everywhere I work, so I'm almost forced to them if I want coffee.  Got their gold card since I'm gonna drink it anyway, might as well get some freebees.
View Quote

Stuff does have some caffeine in it, but it is some of the worst tasting coffee I've ever drank.  Normally I drink coffee med-strong black, can't drink that crap black.  Not only does it taste bad, it irritates my stomach.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#17]
when i was single, chicks in yoga pants now good coffee and i am friends with the baristas
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:02:59 PM EDT
[#18]
DD in my AO is GTG.

KK as well.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol Jesus why do write like that?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I went in there once and asked for a regular coffee, they looked at me like I was from Mars. What I was given was a poor excuse for coffee and I have never returned.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Frappacino Fappacino
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate Starbucks with a passion. People feel trendy and hip when they spend their 7.50 on a coffee then sit there with their fucking MacBook.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hate Starbucks with a passion. People feel trendy and hip when they spend their 7.50 on a coffee then sit there with their fucking MacBook.
View Quote

actually, i pay like 2 dollars for a venti blonde roast and when i get a latte, it's about 3.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Stuff does have some caffeine in it, but it is some of the worst tasting coffee I've ever drank.  Normally I drink coffee med-strong black, can't drink that crap black.  Not only does it taste bad, it irritates my stomach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tough to try and respond here.

Sbux sells Single Origin coffees from almost every region across the world for CPG.. . . they sell Reserve coffees which are made by some of the best farmers on the planet and only produced seasonally in small batches. . . and they sell various types of blondes, darks, and breakfast blends.

The Espresso machines are sourced from Switzerland and the Brewers are from Bunn. Please tell me what you'd do differently?

Personally I think it's more trendy and hipsterish to hate on Starbucks than actually go there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#26]
people don't go there for hot chocolate

they go there for double espresso half caff whip crème triple berry chocolate caramel nutmeg with 1/4 crème and a cherry on top
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The bacon gouda breakfast sandwiches kick ass
View Quote

Made properly it would, but the bacon-flavored paper on that sandwich leaves much to be desired.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Pike place roast, black, is still better than gas station coffee.  Dunkin donut coffee is watered down shit too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:21:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
people don't go there for hot chocolate

they go there for double espresso half caff whip crème triple berry chocolate caramel nutmeg with 1/4 crème and a cherry on top
View Quote

I go for their hot chocolate. Yum! Makes McD's taste like something powdered.

That being said, I don't like Starbuck's coffee. Or I should say, my stomach doesn't like it. I can take McD's coffee.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#30]
So you say it's always busy eh ?
They're always busy around here too
Apparently all those people are wrong.

I happen to love it !!
Vanilla latte- hot or iced, Pike's place, breakfast blend etc etc
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:31:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sbux sells Single Origin coffees from almost every region across the world for CPG.. . . they sell Reserve coffees which are made by some of the best farmers on the planet and only produced seasonally in small batches. . . and they sell various types of blondes, darks, and breakfast blends.

The Espresso machines are sourced from Switzerland and the Brewers are from Bunn. Please tell me what you'd do differently?

Personally I think it's more trendy and hipsterish to hate on Starbucks than actually go there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should be using Sham Wows from Germany.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

actually, i pay like 2 dollars for a venti blonde roast and when i get a latte, it's about 3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK I'm a hick, never been to Starbucks. What the hell is a latte?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I went in there once and asked for a regular coffee, they looked at me like I was from Mars. What I was given was a poor excuse for coffee and I have never returned.
View Quote

Same here the faggy guy behind the counter wouldn't give me any coffee unless I said venti or whatever the stupid code word they use the cup size.

I don't want an Italian lesson, I just wanted a cup of coffee.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:37:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

frothed milk, espresso and flavor of your choice. get a carmel or a vanilla machiatto (spelling). i am surviving christmas because of starbucks
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:38:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Espresso with milk.
A mocha is a chocolate latte.

Of course, I don't know what espresso is, aside from strong coffee like beverage. I like a mocha now and then.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#36]
triple espresso. end of order..
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Go to Panera for great cocoa.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#38]
They actually put out pretty decent coffee IMO.  I don't know what the cafes are doing, I just buy coffee beans.  

I'm guessing that a lot of their coffee drinks are just carriers for flavored sugar syrup.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#39]
You don't like it. Doesn't mean the rest of us have to hate it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Because the coffee actually tastes like coffee and has caffeine in it.  It may never be the best coffee you get but it's the same every time.  You can't really judge it during the holiday rush anyways.  I've never had to stand in lone for a half hour.  Plus for the price of a cup of coffee and free refills you can play online for free.  You can probably do that at home, but on rainy or cold winter days it's nice to get out and about and have a change of scenery. That's why I like it,
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#41]
FPNI
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Startbucks coffee is ok, its a step up from wa-wa or dunkin donuts.

there are many other roasters out there that have coffee that is far, far better..

two of my favorite new ones are "Kick Ass Dark" from kicking horse coffee company and Death Wish Coffees..
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Starbucks is over priced gas station coffee.

Peet's is the place to go.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:47:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Starbucks is over priced gas station coffee.

Peet's is the place to go.
View Quote

I think you may be on to something here, but I can't recall ever seeing one

ETA: Peet's is probably the best coffee that I know of, but I'm fairly unsophisticated
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Down here, we have CC's (Community Coffee).  It's a coffee shop based upon a very popular coffee in south Louisiana.  They branched into coffee shops, but Starbucks are putting the hurt on their shops.  But, their bagged coffee is still THE coffee down here.  Their coffee shops do not have the Starbucks "we are better than you because we appreciate good coffee" vibe.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I do miss the DD's of the Northeast...They're few and far between here, and they sure do suck balls compared to the ones I'm used to as well.Best coffee I've had down here's come from a Golden Pantry gas station believe or not .
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So my question  
View Quote

Conspicuous consumption.  It's sort of the white girl equivalent of bling rims for your car and gold chains and crap like that.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think they reneged on that.

The liberals heaped so much crap on them for supporting OC that they changed their position.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Not my first choice if I want coffee.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top