Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You've gotta be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else. Jumping into relationships just out of fear of being alone is incredibly unhealthy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You have to tweak your profile and unlimited your display preferences.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
35, single, unhappy.

Females don't want a nice guy and I can't be an asshole towards females.

Oh and I fail at tinder, not a match in almost two months.

Lol, dude, do you really think that matters?

The better question isn't the two months he's been on tinder , it's HOW MANY women have rejected him.

If it's 12 in two months then yea maybe widen the circle.

But if it's been hundreds , widening the circle will just increase the number of rejections .

Ask me how I know
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been single my whole life. I'm quite content.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:12:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A point that is lost on many. Glad you could put it in words.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GL8QXYUKatA/T3ORe07boBI/AAAAAAAAA3g/WbX4xEzYmig/s320/the-rock-clapping.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on an IPos so I can't highlight it, I read that last sentence all the fucking time.

"It's hard to love someone if you can't love yourself "

I'm not saying it's untrue, just.......misleading.

Making yourself a good person, being a good person , knowing your a good person . Doing good, being honest,  having character . All good qualities......

Now let's say you are that guy. You know you would be "good bf/husband material.  

You've built yourself a nice little life , now you say, hey, I want to share it with someone.

You then spend years getting told no, ewww, and various other ways of getting shot down.....

You then start reading GD dating threads and read the following.....

"If you keep having bad relationships and bad women, there is one thing in common with all those different relationships........

YOU......

You then extrapolate that out to, well hell I'm being told no all the time, because there is something wrong with yourself.

Run that out for a few years and let's see how much you "love yourself"

Your self esteem will go into the shitter OR, like so many men in GD, your "self love " is still there , you just KNOW , you're a good person and don't deserve to be shot down hundreds of times in a row, so now you might get a bit bitter.

And whoa unto to the stupid fuck who gets bitter in GD

But wanna know a secret? Some of those bitter people who get lots of shit in GD, are the same ones who would answer "yes I love myself "

A point that is lost on many. Glad you could put it in words.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-GL8QXYUKatA/T3ORe07boBI/AAAAAAAAA3g/WbX4xEzYmig/s320/the-rock-clapping.gif

Just don't turn out to be a woman hater for Christs sake, those guys do piss  me off .
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm single with a very cool girlfriend.  I'm very happy.  It's a lot better than being married

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:26:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There are times I wish I had someone to share experiences with, but I need only think about my last ex and I'm instantly happy I'm single.

Someday I may be interested in dating, but that day is not today.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm single with a very cool girlfriend.  I'm very happy. It's a lot better than being married

View Quote

Yes... yes, it is!
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
11 years single. I do what I want within reason, no one to argue with me about it. Life is good.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:13:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I do not know how some of you guys on here do not date, yeah it sucks but it can be a ton of fun

I am with a different woman every week if not more

Tinder can be a ton of fun. trust me get this and you will revamp how many dates you get/ laid

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice
#2 get a decent hair cut
#3 get good shoes
#4 lose the damn extra weight
#5 have a good job
#6 make time, consider it a second job in order to find a good woman. there are tons of women out there
#7 be picky somewhat. Have your must haves and have nots
#8 age does not matter( well sort of) never date younger than 21 never older than 48
#9 always have brians over beauty
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I used to work with a guy like that.  Started dating his current girlfriend (they never got married, but they have two kids together and have been together ever since) when they were 15, and at the time he was just about to turn 30.  He had spent literally half of his life with the same person by the time he was 30, I always thought that was pretty cool.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm 36, the last time I was single was age age 15. Been with the same woman the whole time

I used to work with a guy like that.  Started dating his current girlfriend (they never got married, but they have two kids together and have been together ever since) when they were 15, and at the time he was just about to turn 30.  He had spent literally half of his life with the same person by the time he was 30, I always thought that was pretty cool.

My best friend in school was like that, but I saw him flirt with a few other women.

I think you need to play the field just a bit before you tie yourself down. Otherwise, temptation will get you at some point.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I do not know how some of you guys on here do not date, yeah it sucks but it can be a ton of fun

Tinder can be a ton of fun. trust me get this and you will revamp how many dates you get/ laid

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice
#2 get a decent hair cut
#3 get good shoes
#5 have a good job
#6 make time, consider it a second job in order to find a good woman. there are tons of women out there
#8 age does not matter( well sort of) never date younger than 21 never older than 48
View Quote

No Facebook, no Tinder.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#13]
FFS, I want to blow my brains out.
GOOD luck guys!

<--- married and happy
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice

#2 get a decent hair cut

#3 get good shoes

#5 have a good job

View Quote
I have 1-5 covered. It's what comes after that I struggle with. I got on Tinder a couple months ago hoping it would be easier for me to initiate contact with women, but the same insecurities and confidence issues still come through. I can usually get 1 or 2 matches a day, but I'll either be unable to start a conversation or don't know how to keep it going, or if she is really responsive I get anxious and stop replying.

I've gotten to the point where it's really pathetic to be me. I'm 25 and have never had a girlfriend and never even fucking kissed a girl. I'm close to giving up and coming to terms with being alone.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Woah...... 25 and never kissed a girl? Seriously this is an issue with being shy.

I don't know what you look like, but even ugly people get laid. Do you have friends that go out on the town?

Time to party a little bit.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm single with a very cool girlfriend.  I'm very happy.  It's a lot better than being married

View Quote

For this thread, having a girlfriend doesn't mean being single.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Me and my girlfriend are back and forth for the past 3 years. Right now, as of sunday, we're single again. She's nuts. But I must be just as crazy because I continue to do it with her.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Woah...... 25 and never kissed a girl? Seriously this is an issue with being shy.

View Quote

I don't know what you look like, but even ugly people get laid. Do you have friends that go out on the town?

I don't have any friends. My brother is 1.5 years younger than me and he's tried to get me to go with him and his friends a few times to help me out. But I'm really awkward trying to make small talk with people, and don't really have anything in common with them to relate to, and I've stopped accepting his invites.

I wouldn't say I'm terrible looking, I run and work out everyday, have a good job, and drive a nicer car. I just have no sociability, and total lack of confidence and self esteem.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The better question isn't the two months he's been on tinder , it's HOW MANY women have rejected him.

But if it's been hundreds , widening the circle will just increase the number of rejections .

Ask me how I know
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

35, single, unhappy.

Females don't want a nice guy and I can't be an asshole towards females.

Oh and I fail at tinder, not a match in almost two months.

Ask me how I know
You have to use vague words in your Tinder profile. Keep it short too. My most successful profile said "28, successful, never married, no kids, looking for partner in crime." But the key here is to refuse to tell them what you do for a living... bitches can't stand that shit and it makes them curious. The word successful is so open to interpretation that it's misleading.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice

#2 get a decent hair cut

#3 get good shoes

#5 have a good job

View Quote
I plan on subscribing to your newsletter sometime in the future

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:03:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice

#2 get a decent hair cut

#3 get good shoes

#5 have a good job

View Quote
BTDT...After my 2nd divorce, I dated a LOT.  Honestly, it ceased to be fun after a couple of years.  Now, all my free time is spent with my teenager and his travel hockey.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:16:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have 1-5 covered. It's what comes after that I struggle with. I got on Tinder a couple months ago hoping it would be easier for me to initiate contact with women, but the same insecurities and confidence issues still come through. I can usually get 1 or 2 matches a day, but I'll either be unable to start a conversation or don't know how to keep it going, or if she is really responsive I get anxious and stop replying.  

I've gotten to the point where it's really pathetic to be me. I'm 25 and have never had a girlfriend and never even fucking kissed a girl. I'm close to giving up and coming to terms with being alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice
#2 get a decent hair cut
#3 get good shoes
#5 have a good job

This man needs help...

Lets help him. This can not be tolerated.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 1:24:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Me and my girlfriend are back and forth for the past 3 years. Right now, as of sunday, we're single again. She's nuts. But I must be just as crazy because I continue to do it with her.
View Quote

Cut off all contact with her.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say I'm terrible looking, I run and work out everyday, have a good job, and drive a nicer car. I just have no sociability, and total lack of confidence and self esteem.
View Quote

I lurk here pretty often and just made this account when I saw your post. I'm the same age as you and in exactly the same situation as you are. It's interesting as I was beginning to wonder if I was the only person to ever be in this situation. I suppose the odds were against it

More or less at this point I just figure I'm so far out of knowing what to do socially I'm better off just giving up. Don't think I've ever held a conversation longer than  a minute or two with a girl on somehting non-work related LOL, certainly never had any physical contact outside of a handshake for work. I always feel like I suck at picking up social cues and fitting in as well. I think this is mainly because I was super focused on doing well in school and teaching myself so that I could get a decent job, which paid off but at the expense of not having much social contact at all. I also don't feel like I have any useful skills that would attract anyone. I have gotten into a bunch of hobbies outside of work such as firearms, cars, and amateur radio, but I see all these people on here who are younger than me and have rebuilt and engine or know how to machine things and I feel useless. I do keep trying to learn which at least keeps me entertained of nothing else. I tend to kind of suck at stuff though so I figure a relationship would be a complete disaster. Oh well, I'm generally happy for now.

Link Posted: 12/24/2014 8:55:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice
#2 get a decent hair cut
#3 get good shoes
#5 have a good job

Dear lord, brother. What are your interests?

In terms of talking to women do this:
Ask her what her interests are and what she likes to do and then take her answer and ask more questions from it (also good to share stories on how you can relate).
Ask her what her life plan is, what she wants to do with her career, traveling plans, dreams, and ambitions.
Ask her what her favorite movies and books are and if you are not familiar ask her to explain the story and premise.

That will take at least 20 minutes to explain and then go from there.
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I don't have any friends. My brother is 1.5 years younger than me and he's tried to get me to go with him and his friends a few times to help me out. But I'm really awkward trying to make small talk with people, and don't really have anything in common with them to relate to, and I've stopped accepting his invites.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hookers & Blow..........HOOKERS & BLOW...

Just Sayin...
Link Posted: 12/24/2014 5:02:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice
#2 get a decent hair cut
#3 get good shoes
#5 have a good job
View Quote

Freudian slip?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:19:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Ask her what her interests are and what she likes to do and then take her answer and ask more questions from it (also good to share stories on how you can relate).

Ask her what her life plan is, what she wants to do with her career, traveling plans, dreams, and ambitions.

Ask her what her favorite movies and books are and if you are not familiar ask her to explain the story and premise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice

#2 get a decent hair cut

#3 get good shoes

#5 have a good job

My only real hobbies are guns and solo backpacking trips.

It's more than just talking to girls it's people in general, particularly my own age, that I struggle with. My brother is a year younger than me and has a ton a friends, and they've invited me with them a few times but now matter how hard I try I just don't really fit in with them. They're all a good group of guys, but all they care about is Seahawks and getting drunk on shitty beer, neither of which interest me much.

A big problem that I recognize in myself is my lack of confidence. I tend to see myself as inferior to other people in various ways, and it definitely holds be back from trying new things or meeting people. If I don't like myself or don't think I'm good enough, how can I expect other people to? What makes it frustrating is people give me advice like, "if you want to be confident , you just have to do it". Well then how do I overcome my mental block that won't allow me "to just do it"?
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice

#2 get a decent hair cut

#3 get good shoes

#5 have a good job

It's more than just talking to girls it's people in general, particularly my own age, that I struggle with. My brother is a year younger than me and has a ton a friends, and they've invited me with them a few times but now matter how hard I try I just don't really fit in with them. They're all a good group of guys, but all they care about is Seahawks and getting drunk on shitty beer, neither of which interest me much.

A big problem that I recognize in myself is my lack of confidence. I tend to see myself as inferior to other people in various ways, and it definitely holds be back from trying new things or meeting people. If I don't like myself or don't think I'm good enough, how can I expect other people to? What makes it frustrating is people give me advice like, "if you want to be confident , you just have to do it". Well then how do I overcome my mental block that won't allow me "to just do it"?
I've been in your shoes buddy. My first taste of success was at age 27. I've always been shy and quiet, I'm an engineer, so no girls in my classes at college, and few at work, and few where I live. Find something you're good at and freaking crush it, 3 gun for me went a long way into turning me into a badass. If you're not confident, fake it. Act like you're Tom Cruise until you've got a handle on your situation. Success does not come overnight, you have to make a commitment to improve yourself. Buy the book Models on Amazon and read that shit.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 12:59:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice
#2 get a decent hair cut
#3 get good shoes
#5 have a good job

My story is similar to yours. Didn't kiss a girl till 20 and didn't get laid till 25. I'm an Engineer and generally am not good in social situations. Find the one that's in the same things your into. It's a law of numbers. There has to be someone in your area on these dating sites that is compatible with you. Before you were limited to who you knew or happened to stumble upon. I'm definitely not one to help with your game, but I've come to realize you can't be afraid to just smile and talk to women. Even just some small talk.

Online dating is awesome and is more socially acceptable than it was just a few years ago. Found my wife on Eharmony.

Now with tinder you can get laid more frequently but still look for the better quality women on the pay online dating sites.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:11:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Single. I get lonely ever so often but life is easier right now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:17:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Single-ish.

Good with it 98% of the time; every now and then I get this ridiculous idea that I should get married and have kids.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 1:50:13 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Online dating is awesome and is more socially acceptable than it was just a few years ago. Found my wife on Eharmony.
Now with tinder you can get laid more frequently but still look for the better quality women on the pay online dating sites.

View Quote

I'm almost ready to give up on dating sites(use only POF and zoosk "basic" versions). I've tired Eharmony or Match whichever one has the compatibility profiler thingy they always advertise on TV pretty much told me I was to fucked in the head to make comparisons to women in my area and left it at that. For shits and giggles I created a "female" profile to see what competition I had(Which is a lot being relatively close to a military base) with no pic and just the usual message of "Want to know more just message me" and I understand why women give up online dating cause not 24 hours later my other email account was full of "You have a message" & "Someone viewed you". Was on another one that you could pay for back in '07/'08 after I got back from AIT and started college and was talking with one from it and ended up ejecting after a text on break from class one night saying that her boyfriend found out and she was pregnant with his kid was the only reason why she was still with him. To long of a story to post when I'm limited to 2000 characters.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:04:30 AM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
11 years single. I do what I want within reason, no one to argue with me about it. Life is good.

http://i.imgur.com/QInviXg.gif

Off topic,  but that gif is awesome!!!!

I love that movie.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/QInviXg.gif

Off topic,  but that gif is awesome!!!!

I love that movie.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#36]

That.

I'll have a gf for a few months, and then say fuck it I'm going to Nevada, or Texas, or Montana etc. Come back, bust out a bunch of work then the cycle repeats.

Actually thought about hanging it up earlier this year, had a really cool chick. Decided against it though, I'm not the type to get married.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:11:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Single for all but 6 months of my life.  It fucking sucks 87% of the time.  I've worked 2nd/3rd shift since HS, so it's hard to meet new people....coupled with the fact that I am anti-social and am not good with words...and I'm fucking ugly

Like someone else said...dating is like having a second job.  I'd rather put the effort into my hobbies.  
In the past 4 years, I have watched all of my close friends get married and have kids.
The worst part is....I realized a few years ago that I want a kid of my own pretty bad.  It's also nearly impossible to buy a decent house on one income...
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:26:46 AM EDT
[#38]
ive been separated for the last year. divorce paperwork was filed in november. needless to say, i feel i am damaged goods at this point. this makes 2 divorces in 16 years. im pretty sure i am done with marriage.

i miss a lot of the little things that go along with a long term relationship. the way you develop a language between you. hand holding. hugs. but the idea of ever being that vulnerable again scares the hell out of me. ive stayed away from trying to get close because i really dont want to burn another persons dreams to the ground because of the screws loose in my head.

im not happy. im not dying. im just trying to get through today.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:27:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Single, you look at my thread in BOTD and tell me if I'm happy.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:35:12 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

ive been separated for the last year. divorce paperwork was filed in november. needless to say, i feel i am damaged goods at this point. this makes 2 divorces in 16 years. im pretty sure i am done with marriage.

i miss a lot of the little things that go along with a long term relationship. the way you develop a language between you. hand holding. hugs. but the idea of ever being that vulnerable again scares the hell out of me. ive stayed away from trying to get close because i really dont want to burn another persons dreams to the ground because of the screws loose in my head.

View Quote
If you want companionship, get a dog.  Seriously.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 3:36:13 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah that's what my ex did
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
My story is similar to yours. Didn't kiss a girl till 20 and didn't get laid till 25. I'm an Engineer and generally am not good in social situations. Find the one that's in the same things your into. It's a law of numbers. There has to be someone in your area on these dating sites that is compatible with you. Before you were limited to who you knew or happened to stumble upon. I'm definitely not one to help with your game, but I've come to realize you can't be afraid to just smile and talk to women. Even just some small talk.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Here are some hints:

#1 dress nice

#2 get a decent hair cut

#3 get good shoes

#5 have a good job

I've been using Tinder for about 3 months with no luck. I get a few matches but can't make anything happen with them.

Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Poll Fail:

Long time single, not "very happy", but not "unhappy" either.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#44]
It's been about 15 months since my ex wife and I split up. In that time period I dated someone fairly seriously (moved too fast, stupid on my part) and now I'm dating another girl but not all that seriously.

I enjoy lots of the benefits of being single. I buy the guns I want when I want to (as long as I have the money of course), I travel a good bit, overall I pretty much do whatever the hell I want to whenever the hell I want to do it.

I still have plenty of female companionship because we hang out most weekends.

Truely happy? I'm still up in the air. I'm not unhappy that's for sure, but I turn 30 next week and watching the majority of my friends who are married have children I do get anxious about the future. I'm in no rush to get remarried, but I don't want to end up that dude who looks around at 45 or 50 when all of my friends have teenage kids and I have nothing but a bunch of guns and a cool house.

In the meantime I going to keep enjoying life, building the business that I own, and getting more involved in my hobbies (which I already have too many of).  Getting my private pilots license is on my to do list this year, as is taking several offshore fishing trips in the US and abroad.  I might even try to take a trip to Asia later in the year as long as business stays good and I have the extra cash for it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:06:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Unhappy for a while. Found happiness though.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top