Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Are you happy being alone, or are you struggling?
View Quote

An honest answer? both.
I would rather be alone that with the wrong person.
I do get lonely though.
And come here looking for males to hang out with...how sad is that?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
49 years old, 2 years divorced and having the time of my life.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:06:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.

I'm not going to say rock bottom... but yeah.

I kid I kid. Kind of.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:08:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.

we are the best catches in the universe
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.

Its ok pumpkin, we still love you
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Alone is all I've ever known. It begins to wear on one's psyche.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An honest answer? both.
I do get lonely though.

Are you kidding me? GD men are more eligible than the Bachelor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks to the generous person that bought me a Bronze subscription. I'm flattered and greatful. God Bless and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Eh...typical arfcommer I guess (well the stereotype, not how most of y'all are).

23, had two girlfriends, one for 6 months, one for a year and a half, neither one worked out.   Hard meeting people at all.     Liked having someone around to be around/connected to.     Would be nice to meet someone but after the last two super-burns I'm not in a rush I guess.

Rather be dating than single that's for sure, even the shitty times with someone were better than the shitty times without.  That said, I'd rather be without than choose a shitty one again.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eh...typical arfcommer I guess (well the stereotype, not how most of y'all are).

23, had two girlfriends, one for 6 months, one for a year and a half, neither one worked out.   Hard meeting people at all.     Liked having someone around to be around/connected to.     Would be nice to meet someone but after the last two super-burns I'm not in a rush I guess.

Rather be dating than single that's for sure, even the shitty times with someone were better than the shitty times without.  That said, I'd rather be without than choose a shitty one again.  

View Quote

I will have to respectfully disagree with you on that one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its the age.

Maybe at that age I thought the same. Not now at close to fifty. Aint no time for that shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:31:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm happy a lot of the time.  Sometimes it'd be nice to have someone to spend time with.

I'm 30, financially comfortable, and it's nice buying toys whenever I want and still saving plenty of money.  My bank account keeps growing, and so does my gun collection.  I have a truck, a classic car, and 3 motorcycles in my garage.  I live alone in a pretty nice house in a nice part of town.  And I can vacation wherever, whenever I want as long as my work schedule allows it.  I can get laid whenever I want (this wonderful thing called tinder makes it unbelievably easy!).  So all of that is pretty fuckin awesome.

But there are times I really miss having a good woman to come home to, and I'm old enough and financially secure enough now that I think I'd like to have a family.  I won't force anything, but I do hope it comes around in the next few years.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmm...... Slept with 6 different people, two ex-girlfriends, one of them being very recent as in last month...

I say life's pretty good. More time for me and me being able to do the kinda shit I like.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:53:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hmmm...... Slept with 6 different people, two ex-girlfriends, one of them being very recent as in last month...

I say life's pretty good. More time for me and me being able to do the kinda shit I like.
View Quote

Sounds like you're about 1 domestic violence charge away from losing your right to Keep & Bear.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:07:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Typical single male GD'er.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Been single 2 years. Dating sucks and women these days suck.
View Quote

Try Asian :)
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Being single had quite a lot of good points....being married with kids is the polar opposite but also has its good points.  I love my kids and my wife.  I do miss the freedom of being single.  Wouldnt trade what I have for anything however.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:39:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

its the age.

Maybe at that age I thought the same. Not now at close to fifty. Aint no time for that shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

its the age.

Agreed.  Thus the "would rather be without than have a shitty one now."  
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:39:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I get bummed once in awhile. But then I look at my pile of guns that I wouldn't be able to afford if I fished for women, and feel happy again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:40:42 AM EDT
[#20]

Seriously though I do think about getting back into dating but then seeing all the psychos around here makes me think otherwise.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:43:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah...very happy/content.

Too much to give up if got hitched.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sounds like you're about 1 domestic violence charge away from losing your right to Keep & Bear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nah, don't worry about me. I broke it off after she decided to shout at me and give me the silent treatment. I can go pretty far and escalate things.

If I'm right, she's probably feeling bad about herself for the past few weeks and would probably try to get back with me sometime in the near future.

Attempt #1 was a NSFW Snapchat pic of her sent to me. Wondering what Attempt #2 will be, and it ain't gonna be a pregnancy play for damn sure.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Dating is hit or miss for me.  I've been out with guys I liked but who aren't done skirt chasing.
I've also been out with guys who want to settle down but who brought little to the table, or guys who were needy and clingy to the point it was a complete turnoff.  
I wont settle.  I'd rather be single than settle.
View Quote

PICS?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:07:10 AM EDT
[#24]
28 this summer, single since 24. I have a career, house, cars, dog, and my guns. Barely have time for myself
It's been hard to meet a girl who works afternoons like myself, and has a decent career so i know shes not a gold digger.

Wife......meh maybe. All id want is a son with the right mother so i can pass on all my cool shit to when i die
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not so much as a kiss in over three years.

Life sucks.
View Quote

How is this possible?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:10:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Being a hopeless romantic fucking blows. Not to mention I'm attracted to edgy, sometimes very crazy women.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

How is this possible?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not so much as a kiss in over three years.

Life sucks.

How is this possible?

notsureifserious.jpg
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:59:48 AM EDT
[#28]
35, single, unhappy.

Females don't want a nice guy and I can't be an asshole towards females.

Oh and I fail at tinder, not a match in almost two months.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:09:11 AM EDT
[#29]
I've been single for over ten years now. It sucks not having someone to share life with, but I apparently don't have any value in the dating world so I keep to myself and look at funny pictures on the internet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Well this thread is sad AF!!!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:14:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Happily with some pony
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:18:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Being a hopeless romantic fucking blows. Not to mention I'm attracted to edgy, sometimes very crazy women.
View Quote

Brother?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:20:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Never been married, last long term relationship was 13 years ago.

To be honest, I prefer being single.  Lots less drama, and it's really nice being able to do what I want when I want.

It'd be nice to find the right woman, but after trying the dating scene here for a couple of years, it's a lot easier to say the hell with it and do my own thing.

Too much crazy out there.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:24:45 AM EDT
[#34]
I just turned 53..been divorced for 10 years...havnt been with a female in 4 yrs..which is fine, since this wreck 21 months ago I am not physically or financially in a position to deal with a woman..which is fine, I enjoy my own company, have some great friends to hang with as well as my son and daughter living with me now(20 and 22 and they are taking care of me as I heal up from these surgeries...)..life is good, its too short to not enjoy every second of it and even with having to be a couch potato I still find things to make it worth being here...besides..this is alaska...most I could hope for is an alaskan 7 with daddy issues anyway...........
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:25:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

so the story goes.

like the yes song says. "there's no real reason to be lonely."

i guess that's true. hell, on this forum alone i've been told to get out more, change my lifestyle, ect. a million times. i appreciate the advice, but i just don't care enough to do any of that stuff.

i'm not me anymore. i'm someone else, who has been on autopilot for about a year and half. nothing really makes a difference to me anymore. it's all just a waste of time..

i'm just comforted in the knowledge that some good people here are having a happy, cheerful christmas season with their wonderful families. i wish them nothing but the best.

it's also my understanding that some users have experienced great loss this holiday season. i sincerely hope they find peace.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

so the story goes.

i guess that's true. hell, on this forum alone i've been told to get out more, change my lifestyle, ect. a million times. i appreciate the advice, but i just don't care enough to do any of that stuff.

i'm not me anymore. i'm someone else, who has been on autopilot for about a year and half. nothing really makes a difference to me anymore. it's all just a waste of time..

i'm just comforted in the knowledge that some good people here are having a happy, cheerful christmas season with their wonderful families. i wish them nothing but the best.

it's also my understanding that some users have experienced great loss this holiday season. i sincerely hope they find peace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so the story goes.

Holy shit, that made me super sad...

Loneliness sucks balls...

Question for you...Do you believe in prayer?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:47:14 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so the story goes.

i believe a hell of a lot of people pray. but i don't know if god listens.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#38]
I haven't had a girlfriend in 7 years.  Nor have I ever been great with the ladies.  I find a friend every now and then, but nothing ever comes of it.  I feel resigned to being alone.  It's not all bad, all the time.  It's nice being able to do whatever, whenever.  I do get lonely as fuck sometimes though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:49:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been single 2 years. Dating sucks and women these days suck.

I've never dated an Asian, but from what I have seen, most of them are like American girls that take it a little even further to the extreme.
They are sterotyped as being the most desirable women, so I think it is getting to their heads.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:51:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Single for a long time. I don't miss the bullshit or the emotional rollercoaster that relationships sometimes encounter.

All my money is mine. I can spend it how I please and do whatever I want.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:51:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Been single for a long time. Somewhere in the middle. I don't want a girlfriend right now, but I've certainly been happier.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:54:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Recently single but other than that girl mostly just banging girls off and on, not actually in relationships. Wouldn't mind finding someone but reference one of the many threads on what's wrong with women for a reason as to why that shit ain't gonna happen.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:55:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Alone?? I have so many unhappily married friends that come over to hang out that I am never alone!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alone?? I have so many unhappily married friends that come over to hang out that I am never alone!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 2:57:45 AM EDT
[#44]
I believe that assessing your own happiness is effeminate.  Did Patton or Rommel whine that they're "not haaaaaaapppppyyyy!!!" or did they concentrate on achieving their objectives?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:02:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am okay , somewhere in the middle , been single a while
View Quote

Same here.

I'm mostly happy being  single. Sometimes It'd be nice to have a relationship, other times I'm all; "Fuck that. I can do what I want, when I want." Provided I have the funds and time, that is.

Then there's other times where co workers say things like: "Man, don't you just hate when your old lady does / says / tells you that you can't / etc. etc."; and I just look at them and say, "I wouldn't know".
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:03:01 AM EDT
[#46]
49, 9 years divorced, and i am happier now than I have ever been in my life.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:04:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I believe that assessing your own happiness is effeminate.  Did Patton or Rommel whine that they're "not haaaaaaapppppyyyy!!!" or did they concentrate on achieving their objectives?

View Quote

Yeah, I bet if we just told that to the 22 veterans and however many regular folk that off themselves every day, they'd all have been better off.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:09:21 AM EDT
[#48]
Been single for over two years.

Unhappy.

I'd rather be employed than in a relationship right now, though.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:09:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

so the story goes.

Ok I am no bible beater...You can tell by how many cuss words I use on here *lol*

But I am going to tell you, he hears you and he answers prayers, I promise you.  He might not give you the answer you want, but he listens.

It's a whole bunch of horse poop when people say things like well if you are happy with yourself, then single life is awesome.  It is soooooooo not true.  You can be super happy with yourself, and when you crawl into bed at night, cuddling with yourself is pretty unhappy.  Going to the movies, I don't care how happy you are with yourself, sucks donkey testicles when you are by yourself.

Keep praying for God to send someone into your life.  I will be praying for ya.

It is not easy, but there has to be something around the corner.  Misery can't last forever...

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:11:09 AM EDT
[#50]
What is this crazy bravado?  Why would anyone want to be lonely?  It just doesn't make sense to me...

Yeah work, etc is cool, but damn...To have that void is the worst thing in the world...

Of course that is just my opinion...Please don't jump my shit..It's just how I feel...
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top