Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2014 1:05:26 PM EDT
I can't decide if I am going to lower the one of my cars and add Bilstein shocks or pick up the 64" Samsung plasma I want while I still can. Also thought about maybe just waiting for the 4K TV prices to come down instead. I don't need either. My 50" Samsung plasma is great. I just want bigger.

I could also get the BNR Stage 2 or 3 turbo I want for the car, but then it would just sit for who knows how long as I need to upgrade the HPFP, DP, etc before it gets installed.

Or maybe do something else to the car or something non-car related that I haven't even thought of yet.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I can't decide if I am going to lower the one of my cars and add Bilstein shocks or pick up the 64" Samsung plasma I want while I still can. Also thought about maybe just waiting for the 4K TV prices to come down instead. I don't need either. My 50" Samsung plasma is great. I just want bigger.

I could also get the BNR Stage 2 or 3 turbo I want for the car, but then it would just sit for who knows how long as I need to upgrade the HPFP, DP, etc before it gets installed.

Or maybe do something else to the car or something non-car related that I haven't even thought of yet.
View Quote

... if you don't mind me asking, how much do you have saved?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#2]
So before I give any advice on how to spend your money, I hope you have the proper emergency funds and retirement savings
ETa:  five second rule first post is a tie.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd go for the supercharger.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Op's screen name is ironic.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Got all the suppressors you want?  NFA toys?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:51:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The TV is $1,300...
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just looking at that exact same TV and lusting over replacing my 4 year old 50" too!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
TV's tech and prices move so fast I never have worried about missing out on a deal.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
TV's tech and prices move so fast I never have worried about missing out on a deal.
View Quote

They do not make Plasmas anymore. That's the issue. get it now or never.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Get the big one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't do car or tv. I'd put it in something that would hold value. But to each their own. Out of your choices I'd do something to the car, I'd get more enjoyment out of driving a faster more sporty or whatever those mods make it then watching a larger tv.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Put it in the bank, and/or invest in an IRA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#13]
3 Bs (beans, boolits, bullion).
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have an IRA.

I appreciate the investment replies, but I'm going to buy myself something nice.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have an IRA.

I appreciate the investment replies, but I'm going to buy myself something nice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an IRA.

How about something nice that isn't a massively depreciating asset like a TV or car stuff? Need any more guns or optics?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#16]
TWO suppressors
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Did they really stop making plasmas or is the OP tarded?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Hookers and Blow
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:05:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How about something nice that isn't a massively depreciating asset like a TV or car stuff? Need any more guns or optics?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an IRA.

Nope, I'm actually selling some of my guns.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the troll. They are done.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Save it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It was an honest question but I see now from looking around that some of the major manufacturers are ceasing production on these.  I have one that is about 8 years old and it seems to be going strong.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top