- yet, any compensation will never cover what they went through

PSU:
- fined $60-million plus what they paid out in legal suits
- humiliated/vilified
- various sanctions levied

Sandusky:
- in jail for the rest of his life
- punished financially

OK, now lets get on with the legal proceedings against Spanier, Curley and Schultz.

Who knew what when and why did they proceed as they did ......................... including Paterno?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:28:01 AM EDT
[#1]
That breaks my heart.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
should publicly execute that piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:41:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That breaks my heart.
View Quote

It pisses me the fuck off.

I was wearing a Pedo State T-shirt in Pittsburgh shortly after it broke and someone came up to me and told me what a great guy Papa Joe was and how Penn State yada yada yada.

"OK, YOU turn YOUR son over to Sandusky and YOU let that monster sodomize him and when YOUR SON cries out in the night YOU comfort him by saying that it's so important we win the Big Game Saturday and that he's doing his part, Mister Big Football fan."

His wife had the decency to be embarrassed.

Pittsburgh has a very real football problem.

Back when the Steelers threatened to leave if they didn't get a new stadium, my answer was don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#4]
If I went to jail I would lose my Mil retirement so good

POS needs to suffer
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#5]
In before the faithful show up to defend PSU.

And life in prison is a gift to that filthy piece of shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:49:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I was wearing a Pedo State T-shirt in Pittsburgh shortly after it broke and someone came up to me and told me what a great guy Papa Joe was and how Penn State yada yada yada.

"OK, YOU turn YOUR son over to Sandusky and YOU let that monster sodomize him and when YOUR SON cries out in the night YOU comfort him by saying that it's so important we win the Big Game Saturday and that he's doing his part, Mister Big Football fan."

Back when the Steelers threatened to leave if they didn't get a new stadium, my answer was don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That breaks my heart.

I went to WVU, but I am a PA guy and always had a high opinion of Joe, until this broke.

He was a POS for letting this go on.

There is a "knew or should have known" standard at work here.  He knew or should have known.  Either way, he was culpable. (as were others).

He did not start out in his career as a POS.

But he ended up as one.

IMO, anyone who argues different puts football above rape victims.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I was a Penn State and Paterno fan until all I this came out and it really kind of killed college football for me. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a game.

I hope he gets raped to death in prison!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#8]
No pension?  Good!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#9]
not a football fan at all so no dog in that fight...

I do have an issue with perverts...

cost me my career in the military as I caught one evil SOB one fine evening diddling a 10yr old boy and beat the shit out if his double butter bar ass
I hate perverts...kiddy diddlers and rapists of all bents...

that said..

lets put this old pervert in a barren cell with nothing but 12' of rope with a noose, a few hundred razor blades, and a tub of water and a toaster...let him figure it out..

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was a Penn State and Paterno fan until all I this came out and it really kind of killed college football for me. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched a game.

I hope he gets raped to death in prison!
View Quote

He's under protected supervision.

At least he's locked up 23hr/day.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll bet that pisses his money grubbing wife off. Too bad, your hubby was a pedo,  you supported him, now you pay too.   LOL  Karama
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Should read

"Sanduskys grave will be unmarked"
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Should read

"Sanduskys grave will be unmarked"
View Quote

How will I know where to piss?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That breaks my heart.

The entire country has the problem.  Central PA is horrible with the PSU love.  I say this as a PSU grad.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Where he is, he doesn't need it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is a "knew or should have known" standard at work here.  He knew or should have known.  Either way, he was culpable. (as were others).  
View Quote
This is the problem with having a protected predator minority employed.
If he had fired him, the long knives would have come out that he was homophobic and would have been fired himself.
Welcome to the new Amerika.
Hope you enjoy it and keep on blasting those in the Republican Party for running on social issues.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:21:51 PM EDT
[#18]
why she isn't in jail is shocking all the screams from the perv's cellar
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I've seen sandusky's wife on talk shows in a state of complete denial saying what a fine man he is.

I wouldn't be sorry  to see her living in a urine stained cardboard box under a bridge.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In before the faithful show up to defend PSU.

And life in prison is a gift to that filthy piece of shit.
View Quote

General pop. will give a gift if they get to him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

i have no problem with this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've seen sandusky's wife on talk shows in a state of complete denial saying what a fine man he is.

I wouldn't be sorry  to see her living in a urine stained cardboard box under a bridge.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Pervert doesn't deserve to be alive.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pervert doesn't deserve to be alive.
View Quote

hopefully he is getting his anus worked out on a daily basis. Hopefully he is the cell block pass around bitch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!!!

No way.  That's the easy way out.  They need to put him in general population and let bubba have at him.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:17:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No way.  That's the easy way out.  They need to put him in general population and let bubba have at him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!!!

Hopefully he gets the bottom bunk and two cell mates named T-Bone and A-Rod.

Someone send him a "Pepper My Angus" t-shirt so he has something to wear in the rec yard.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#28]
These threads are always bait for the reactionary retards.

Facts be damned, first, last, and always. That's GD's motto.

I'd be willing not one of you is even the least bit educated on the reality of the situation.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'd be willing not one of you is even the least bit educated on the reality of the situation.
View Quote

He fucked a bunch of little boys.  That's all I need to know.  If you are saying that there is some other "reality" that makes that ok then you are pretty sick.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:33:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Penn State alum checking in?

Not everybody is willing to contort their thinking into providing a dubious alibi for Joe.

The criminal investigation and subsequent prosecution probably cost Corbett the election up here, and you know what?  I'm sure his conscience is clear.

Mine would be.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Don't hold back, share your knowledge. come on, share it with us. defend the adult who was using his own charity to groom and sexually abuse kids.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not defending Sandusky.

I'm questioning the mentality that calls for the lynching of the three remaining living men when there does not exist a shred of evidence that they voluntarily covered up for a child molester.

Even the most basic of logic tells you they didn't cover up anything. Who would say that a cover-up consists of three university administrators talking in open and traceable mediums and bringing in additional people non-stop?

Use your fucking heads. It isn't that hard.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why would he lose his pension?
View Quote

The article in the link sort of explains it.

Part of the PA State Employees Retirement System's "Pension Forfeiture Act" that was expanded in 2004 to add sexual offenses to the crimes that trigger forfeiture of pension.

Sandusky claimed he was not an employee of the state when he first got caught didling in 1999.

State does not agree.

Therefore no pension.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Double tap .....................
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm questioning the mentality that calls for the lynching of the three remaining living men when there does not exist a shred of evidence that they voluntarily covered up for a child molester.

Even the most basic of logic tells you they didn't cover up anything. Who would say that a cover-up consists of three university administrators talking in open and traceable mediums and bringing in additional people non-stop?

View Quote

I'm not saying they did any thing wrong.

The Freeh report (which PSU asked for, paid for, and signed-off on) points to these three (and Paterno) as being the key players and therefore a good starting point for an investigation.

Let the story come out and let the legal system decide.

Many just want to know who knew what when and what decisions were made and why.

Let's bring things out in the open and see what really went on.

Put the true story on the record once and for all.

What's your problem with that?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Once again the law is the law....no if's, ands, or butts.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#40]
PSU, should have had a football death penalty, no football ever again would be my choice.

to appease the masses I would be willing to go 20 years.

Paterno and the top assholes at the school knew, fuck them.

where are the charges against those assholes who covered it up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I went to WVU, but I am a PA guy and always had a high opinion of Joe, until this broke.

But he ended up as one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That breaks my heart.  

But he ended up as one.

I lost most of my respect for JoPa when he did not kick the QB off the team for assaulting the off-duty NYC cop in the face at that bar in NYC (or was it NJ?).  Young black athlete, angry that young black woman didn't go "pants fall off" over him and lost it when her white boyfriend came into the picture and attacked the guy as the couple left the bar.

And Paterno did a "Boys will be boys.  No big deal." act over the incident.  Meanwhile the cop was in a hospital for a broken face while Penn State was working to avoid charges being filed.  Football uber alles, ya know.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#42]
OK, now lets get on with the legal proceedings against Spanier, Curley and Schultz.

Who knew what when and why did they proceed as they did ......................... including Paterno?
View Quote

How could they not know?  If they did not know then they were willfully blind to what Sandusky was.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like a perfect opportunity.  Educate us.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:30:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Freeh report (which PSU asked for, paid for, and signed-off on) points to these three (and Paterno) as being the key players and therefore a good starting point for an investigation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is nothing whatsoever wrong with that. In fact, I support that wholeheartedly. You do seem to insinuate that the Freeh Report has any real basis in fact. It doesn't. Freeh's conclusions are wholly unsupported by the facts in his own report and the methodologies are suspect. Freeh's conclusions were essentially bought and paid for because the PSU Board of Trustees wanted them. They wanted and needed a scapegoat (or scapegoats, as it were).

It's telling that it's been over three years and the three "key players" haven't even gone to trial. They likely won't because there's no real case against them. We may never get the real story about the "other" key players like Corbett, Gricar, and so on. That's life. Paterno especially I believe was scapegoated.

Whatever the case may be, I have a problem with reactionaries deciding that the know "the true story" when that supposed story is completely out of touch with reality. It's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 3:16:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

enlighten me, please
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:57:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If he had fired him, the long knives would have come out that he was homophobic and would have been fired himself.
Hope you enjoy it and keep on blasting those in the Republican Party for running on social issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shut the fuck up
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
not a football fan at all so no dog in that fight...

I do have an issue with perverts...

cost me my career in the military as I caught one evil SOB one fine evening diddling a 10yr old boy and beat the shit out if his double butter bar ass
I hate perverts...kiddy diddlers and rapists of all bents...

that said..

lets put this old pervert in a barren cell with nothing but 12' of rope with a noose, a few hundred razor blades, and a tub of water and a toaster...let him figure it out..

View Quote

Details on that ass beating?
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:36:31 AM EDT
[#48]
I couldn't care less if he loses his pension.  I think he knew good and well what he was doing, and he was coming up with some very creative ways to keep young boys in his life.
I also suspect his wife had some inkling at least of what was going on.

What is going on with Bill Cosby mirrors this a lot.  I could understand it if it was just one or two accusations, but when you get so many boys with the same story and it's being told over and over again I'm far more likely to believe it.
Where there is smoke, there's usually fire.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I haven't seen anyone advocating lynching of anyone but Sandusky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top