User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Been quite a few years, but several reasons.

1)  Sold an imported firearm as a "bring back" to a member.  Difference between values is thousands of dollars.  Member posts thread asking about import marks, members tell him he needs to get his money back.  "Man of ammo" posts on arfcom that the buyer can fuck off, talks about all the money he's made.  Members point out that the douche has committed fraud.  Douche says he doesn't care.

2) Members who weren't paying attention, continue to buy ammo from douche.  Members discover that the ammo received isn't what they purchased.  Members post on arfcom about it.  Douche comes back to arfcom, tells the buyers that they too can fuck off.  Douche again brags about all the money he makes from being a douche.  

Basically, he knowingly ripped people off through outright fraud and then gloated about it.  Hence is permanent removal from the site.

There are much better and cheaper places to buy ammo from.  His prices suck after factoring in shipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not privy as to why he is not to be supported here on Arfcom, though. That is what I would like to know.

Been quite a few years, but several reasons.

1)  Sold an imported firearm as a "bring back" to a member.  Difference between values is thousands of dollars.  Member posts thread asking about import marks, members tell him he needs to get his money back.  "Man of ammo" posts on arfcom that the buyer can fuck off, talks about all the money he's made.  Members point out that the douche has committed fraud.  Douche says he doesn't care.

2) Members who weren't paying attention, continue to buy ammo from douche.  Members discover that the ammo received isn't what they purchased.  Members post on arfcom about it.  Douche comes back to arfcom, tells the buyers that they too can fuck off.  Douche again brags about all the money he makes from being a douche.  

Basically, he knowingly ripped people off through outright fraud and then gloated about it.  Hence is permanent removal from the site.

There are much better and cheaper places to buy ammo from.  His prices suck after factoring in shipping.

good to know. fuck the man of ammo. i like to support the companies who support the gun community and boycott the ones who fuck us like troy, dicks, and now man of ammo
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
SGAmmo
View Quote

This or palmetto state has the independence rebranded Imi for prteety cheap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
IMI

I haven't bought ammo in a while, if I was buying I'd be all over this.
View Quote

Wideners lost all my business during the panic.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:16:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm not privy as to why he is not to be supported here on Arfcom, though. That is what I would like to know.
View Quote

He sold a sks to a member claiming it was a war bring back.  It was not.  He refused to make it right.  Among other issues.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Is Wolf stuff g2g?
I heard it wasn't very good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is Wolf stuff g2g?

View Quote

It is not great, but for practice ammo it is fine. I had some wolf brass that one lot from 2006 was slightly oversized to they would not feed, and certainly would not extract reliably.  I separated those few boxes and only ran those through my junk ARs.  The other lots that I have run fine.

Steel cased stuff is fine so long as you do not leave a round in a hot chamber.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The Armory, 1000rds of Wolf Gold with an ammo can for $275.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

i agree now is a terrible time to get into reloading. you can find everything you need except powder. powder has been unavailable for almost 2 years. yeah i can find some here or there and usually its my third or forth choice of powder. it should get better soon but i have been saying that for 2 years. if you do want to get into reloading now i guess you can buy a manual, press, bullets and primers and put a backorder in on powder. i have had hp38 on backorder with grafs for 10 months now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spend money on reloading equipment instead. THEN...you get to siphon small amounts at a time out of the bank acount to pay for components. $40 for 500 bullets here, $25 for a pound of powder there, $20 for 500 primers the next week. Before you know it you've got 500 rounds and the wife never noticed the missing money!

Well, works for me..

Good luck *consistently* finding rifle powder in the current market...

It has been two years since Midway has had *any* 1680 or 2230...

Seriously...

I am not trying to discourage reloading... It is just that given the market conditions right now... With components as difficult to get... Might be a bad time to *encourage* someone to enter reloading.

I enjoy it, it is a fun hobby... I can't wait for things to get more-available... But components are simply hard-to-get right now... No 2230 or 1680 on midway, none on Brownells, none on Cabelas... None in any of the local stores...

i agree now is a terrible time to get into reloading. you can find everything you need except powder. powder has been unavailable for almost 2 years. yeah i can find some here or there and usually its my third or forth choice of powder. it should get better soon but i have been saying that for 2 years. if you do want to get into reloading now i guess you can buy a manual, press, bullets and primers and put a backorder in on powder. i have had hp38 on backorder with grafs for 10 months now.

Except for match ammo. I save 30-50 CPR on my match loads vs factory match ammo.  For bulk, yes bad time to reload.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is Wolf stuff g2g?
View Quote

For plinking it is great
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Armory, 1000rds of Wolf Gold with an ammo can for $275.
View Quote

Yeah, that's the one I slept on and subsequently missed, as it went OOS the other day.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#11]
My mind says "BUY!"  My wallet says " Don't even think about it."  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#12]
This is a bit more expensive but I've had good luck. Link

PSA did have independence on sale for 5.79/box.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:31:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

That SS109 looks like a better deal than Widener's IMI. Price per round comes out to nearly the same with shipping for Wideners.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:34:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been using this too. I'm a fan.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Which should mean manufactures will slow their powder consumption and that availability should start hitting the market in the next few months. Hopefully barring another run on everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would only add one thing to my post... Common ball powder rifle powder is hard to get...

But the shelves are full of ~$9.00-$12.00/20 boxes of 5.56/.223 of every variety.... Hardly any empty shelf space at all when it comes to off the shelf ammo...

Which should mean manufactures will slow their powder consumption and that availability should start hitting the market in the next few months. Hopefully barring another run on everything.

Gunbot shows plenty of 223/5.56 powder available. LGS has it too.

Made this yesterday.

Untitled by zweitakt250, on Flickr

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:08:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Watch Cabelas. Several of us got Federal XM193 for .26 a round last week. There are always deal threads posted on this site.

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

IMI

What happened with Wideners during panic (other than the credit card breach issue)?

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What happened with Wideners during panic (other than the credit card breach issue)?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMI

they jacked up prices like a lot of folks did. ever since whoever bought them did so, they have sucked. their prices suck pretty much on an ongoing basis. they used to be the go to people for a lot of cheap stuff and surplus type items. they have really sucked ass in the last 3-4 years. i dont/wont buy anything from them anymore. that and their website is probably one of the worst in the firearms industry... or internet period.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:35:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Seems most missed out on the 26.2 per round shipped from Cabelas, of the Federal XM193.
View Quote

unh unh I didn't miss it
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's nice and all but I'm wanting to order 4000rds or so and don't feel like messing around with a bunch of smaller packages. Didn't you also have to make separate orders for each 320rd box?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems most missed out on the 26.2 per round shipped from Cabelas, of the Federal XM193.

Nope! I scored 1280 rounds shipped to my door for 27.3 cpr after state taxes since Cabalas' has a business presence in Missouri.

That's nice and all but I'm wanting to order 4000rds or so and don't feel like messing around with a bunch of smaller packages. Didn't you also have to make separate orders for each 320rd box?

Really wasn't that much to making my 9 orders bout 2700 rds  prob took all of 10 minutes
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top