Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/20/2014 9:45:29 PM EDT
No battlestar galactica (the newer one). No 24. No harry potter. No Lord of the rings?no game of trhones. hunger games ? not a lot of recent movies.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They have Team America: World Police.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Do you mean for streaming or renting?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you mean for streaming or renting?
View Quote

streaming
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I just noticed a few that I'd missed in theaters recently and added to my list. I mostly only watch the shows though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Out of the furnace, and lawless.  Don't remember seeing reviews but info remember wanting to see them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#6]
In my house Netflix is used solely for kid shows.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Out of the furnace, and lawless.  Don't remember seeing reviews but info remember wanting to see them.
View Quote

Both are snooze fests.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

In my house Netflix is used solely for kid shows.
View Quote

That's at least 80% of our Netflix use.

OP is right...we just have the streaming and the selection for movies isn't that great for streaming...at least new wise. TV show wise isn't bad...but movies..eh.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#9]
They removed Battlestar Galactica?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They removed Battlestar Galactica?
View Quote

yea i googled, apparently was removed in Oct. no idea why?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#11]
$8/mo
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#12]
get a roku, enjoy all kinds of shit free channels
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]
You realize Netflix doesn't own much of its content right?  They own their original shows and older stuff they have bought the rights to and that is it.  Netflix leases most of its content and those content providers say you can have X piece of content for X amount of time and Netflix pays a bulk rate.  Once the time is up, the content goes off.  All of those movies you listed have been on Netflix and the content lease expired.  Netflix isn't a service where you can access everything ever made and if you think that it what you paid for, you should cancel your membership because you do not understand what you are paying for.  You should also expect not to see a 'new' movies until at least 6 months after the DVD release.

The first Hunger games was on there for like a year and then it went off (except for game of thrones, HBO will not lease to netflix).  The second Hunger games is available right now though.  

Also the Wolf on Wall Street is pretty new and is a highly entertaining movie.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Wish they would add more classic movies and sci-fi.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:21:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You realize Netflix doesn't own much of its content right?  They own their original shows and older stuff they have bought the rights to and that is it.  Netflix leases most of its content and those content providers say you can have X piece of content for X amount of time and Netflix pays a bulk rate.  Once the time is up, the content goes off.  All of those movies you listed have been on Netflix and the content lease expired.  Netflix isn't a service where you can access everything ever made and if you think that it what you paid for, you should cancel your membership because you do not understand what you are paying for.  You should also expect not to see a 'new' movies until at least 6 months after the DVD release.

The first Hunger games was on there for like a year and then it went off (except for game of thrones, HBO will not lease to netflix).  The second Hunger games is available right now though.  

View Quote

What service has the most movies?  Amazon Prime?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#17]
L
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

none of them are going to have a bunch of new release stuff out, they would have to charge too much to be able to afford the rights. I have prime, Netflix and HBOgo and HBOgo has by far the most new (popular) movie content, it's also twice the cost of the other two (granted it comes with the HBO cable package at roughly $15 a month) which prob allows HBO to spread the cost out more.

As far as Netflix/prime I use netflix much more as I prefer their interface on the devices I use the most (iPad/ brp) and the selection is very similar
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:47:11 PM EDT
[#18]
There might be something called Popcorn Time that you should look into.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

When South Park went away a little part of me died inside.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I haven't seen a lot of new stuff coming to Netflix or Amazon Prime lately.  When new stuff comes it usually goes to both.  If it wasn't for the kids I'd probably just cancel Netflix a this point.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They have Team America: World Police.
View Quote

Fuck yeah!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

You do know that you can watch every episode on South Park's website right?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Amazon is all-in with their Fire TV box and new Fire TV Stick.  This is going to help competitors (like Netflix) have to up their game.

These streaming companies don't have movies for perpetuity.  They are constantly negotiated and only last for a certain term.  That being said, I think Netflix, being the most popular and first to market will have to continue to add to their library and bring more/better content.  

You just have to understand it's a constant revolving door.  Content in/content out as the contracts are inked.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:51:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a 4 1/2 year old. She seems to think there is plenty to watch.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#25]
They don't even have Nickelodeon content anymore.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No battlestar galactica (the newer one). No 24. No harry potter. No Lord of the rings?no game of trhones. hunger games ? not a lot of recent movies.
View Quote

Do they have them in the dvd rental? I had Netflix and found some titles on DVDs I was looking for.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:09:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I did not.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:56:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Wolf of Wall Street
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#29]
So what's better? Amazon? Hulu sucked.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:18:57 AM EDT
[#30]
I've always been able to find what I want to watch with
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:24:58 AM EDT
[#31]
The Netflix original Tv shows are where it's at.

With that being said, there are a lot of hidden gems.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#32]
They had the new BSG for YEARS. You missed the boat on that.

The others are hardly surprising. I'd imagine HBO would rather you use HBO Go to see GoT and, were I them, considering selling Go as a stand-alone service, I'd be damned if I'd license it to Netflix.

You can get LotR at Walmart for $4/DVD right now. What would be the sense, for moves EVERYONE has seen? They might get a few views, but hardly enough to justify the licensing.

The same applies for Potter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:57:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have a 4 1/2 year old. She seems to think there is plenty to watch.
View Quote

I have a 33 year old wife and a 12 year old daughter. Neither bitches about selection. Hell, I can find plenty to watch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Movie night at our home goes something like this.

Let's get a movie from redbox.
All the movies we want are out of stock.
Let's check HBO, Cinemax
Seen all those 100 times
Check Netflix
Nothing but junk that went straight to Cinemax late night.
Screw it let's go to bed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#35]
I browsed TWC's movies on demand last night for the first time in years. It was quite possibly the most miserable assemblage of movies I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

All of those suck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Free EPIX HD streaming until March - no credit card needed

http://slickdeals.net/f/7533718-free-epix-until-march-6
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Both are worth a watch. Thur no "Team 'Murica" or Pacific Rim, but they are pretty good.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:29:40 PM EDT
[#39]
I have spent so much time on Netflix, I am scraping the bottom of the barrel.  I have to wait for new arrivals on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Old news is old
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#41]
This one looks interesting
9th company

I've watched these in last couple months:
Marco Polo
the Wipers Times
Korengal
Cleanskin
Killing Them Softly
Red Dawn
The Rocketeer
Fortress
The Veteran
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There might be something called Popcorn Time that you should look into.
View Quote

A friend introduced me to this software. I will agree that it rocks. Can't wait for Interstellar to get on there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Yep, streaming movie selection sucks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

chek vudu.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#45]

you are awesome!
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#46]
They have always been lacking IMO. Only reason why I still have a subscription is for the kids.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#47]
i watch one movie per weekend so i just use Google Play. Much better selection than Netflix.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#48]
I just finished watching Peaky Blinders <-worth watching, however short.
I binge watched Hell on Wheels and The Walking Dead...
but then I turned my Dish account off over six years ago so I'm a bit behind...lol
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#49]
A bunch of classic 007 movies are up
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#50]
I have hundreds of hours of TV shows in my queue.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top