Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 12/20/2014 6:57:24 PM EDT
link

FOX NEWS INSIDER - The widow of "American Sniper" Chris Kyle pushed back against Jesse Ventura, telling Gretchen Carlson that she will have to pay out of her own pocket after Ventura won a defamation lawsuit against her late husband.
Since Kyle's death, many have criticized Ventura for continuing with the lawsuit, but he has maintained that insurance companies would pay the award, not the Kyle family.
In an exclusive sit-down on "The Real Story," Taya Kyle said despite what Ventura claims, she will indeed have to pay a portion of the $1.8 million verdict.

"Absolutely. ... I think insurance is responsible for $500,000 because of the way the law is written," she said.

I did a search and found nothing.  I'm surprised ArfCom hasn't dogpiled this to death.

Karma can't get here fast enough for Jesse....fucking asshole

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
JesseVentura--douchebag fraud extrodinare.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to see a piano fall on Ventura's head.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#3]
He's going after the publisher of the book now.  Just read that in the newspaper recently.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I would start a kickstarter campaign to buy a bull hippo to ass rape Jesse Ventura.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
while it's sitting inside of a semi truck...

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the whole thing is stupid. What evidence is there that Chris Kyle lied or didn't lie? Did he really use the Ventura barfight thing as a sales pitch for his book?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's the estate, not her personally. Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a feeling between the movie, books, speaking tours, and store along with whatever other profitable ventures I'm sure she could excel at that the Kyle family will not be destitute or poor any time soon.

I think she's an amazing wife and mother. I don't know what to think about Chris, but his wife is certainly devoted to him and her family.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How much did the movie and book make? Kyle said that stuff pimping the book
View Quote

I'm surprised any of it was found to be defamatory.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
didnt they raise a million or so selling the T-shirt to pay this?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny how 99% of the this site was clamoring for the loser in civil suits to pay all the fees in a recent thread. Now, because a dipwad won, many of those same posters want it the other way.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Semantics. Who is the beneficiary of the Estate?  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Chris's wife and the estate are the same thing. All assets and liabilities go right to her.

FUCK JESSE VENTURA, HE'S THE DAMN LIAR!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:24:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Jessie needs to get a haircut then FOAD!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its a shame he died but that doesnt give the beneficiaries of his estate a free pass to benefit from the defamation of someone elses character.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

What the penguin said.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I wouldn't feel bad if something terrible happened to Jesse Ventura.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Its a shame he died but that doesnt give the beneficiaries of his estate a free pass to benefit from the defamation of someone elses character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What precisely was the defamation?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:31:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Irony is using the name Jesse Ventura and character in the same sentence..i
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Play stupid games and your family may win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:37:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

JV said he wasn't pissed about Chris saying he knocked him out he was mad because Chris said JV stated that "the seals deserved to loose a few guys" of something like that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:38:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

One must have character before it can be defamed.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:39:31 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I wouldn't feel bad if something terrible happened to Jesse Ventura.
View Quote
Then he would be yet another loudmouth SEAL struck down by fame and fate.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:40:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

JV said he wasn't pissed about Chris saying he knocked him out he was mad because Chris said JV stated that "the seals deserved to loose a few guys" of something like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even if untrue (JV never said it) I still don't see how that is defamatory.  Defamation isn't just saying someone said something they didn't. There is more to the claim than that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. When you take emotion out of it Jesse Ventura was the one who was slandered by Chris Kyle.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View Quote
A flaming piano launched from a trebuchet.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:45:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Was it all made up and a complete fabrication or was it just that he misrepresented what happened at this particular wake? I have never understood that part of it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.
View Quote

I agree dude was a certified bad ass and a national hero. He muddy his creditability a bit with the fabrications about Ventura and the gang bangers.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

This. When you take emotion out of it Jesse Ventura was the one who was slandered by Chris Kyle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesse may be an asshole but he was legally in the right. Both men built businesses around their personas and have to defend themselves against slander. Happens every day. He's not taking food out of Kyle's family's mouths. I think Kyle had big plans for himself in the entertainment world and was trying to build a legend of himself roaming around doing badass shit. If he were alive he may very well be portraying himself instead of Bradley Cooper in the movie. I'll still be there opening day.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:47:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He claimed Jesse said "the SEALs deserved to lose a few guys" and that he decked him because of it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:49:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Fuck Jesse Ventura.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Did I make it in before Mr.Woodsy ruins this thread?

I'm embarrassed to be in the same state as him.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:56:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would prefer to see one shoved up his ass!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:56:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Fuck Jesse Ventura.
View Quote

with an aids infected, scabbed up dick.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are we going to beat this dead whore some more, the ESTATE is for all intents and reality the family. You can lawyer it anyway you want it but that is who loses out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:08:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen!  Problem is a bunch of the leg humping gear queers here believe anything when it comes to one of their blessed specops guys.
Truth has come out that Kyle was full of shit and lied so fuck'em, let his estate pay for his stupidity.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 This, I don't subscribe to all the hate against the victim in this matter.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Funny how 99% of the this site was clamoring for the loser in civil suits to pay all the fees in a recent thread. Now, because a dipwad won, many of those same posters want it the other way.
View Quote

So, Chris Kyle's estate was suing Jesse Ventura? Because that is the comparison you are making.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:14:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Being a liar has consequences no matter what your service record has in it.
View Quote

Never cared for Ventura. But zero fucks given for Kyle or his estate, either.

Sounds like two douchebaggy drama queens collided with each other.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Even if untrue (JV never said it) I still don't see how that is defamatory.  Defamation isn't just saying someone said something they didn't. There is more to the claim than that.

You don't think less of someone who says that our military deserves to lose a few guys?  I think that easily damages a reputation, especially if your major credential is being part of the unit you said deserved to lose a few guys.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:16:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ventura says crap like that all of the time with his conspiracy theory nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I agree dude was a certified bad ass and a national hero. He muddy his creditability a bit with the fabrications about Ventura and the gang bangers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I watched that video when it was first aired and believed every word of it.

It paints a completely different picture of Chris Kyle when you know every word is a fabrication.

I own the book and will most likely go see the movie, but my opinion of him is quite a bit different than before. He didn't need to make that shit up to sell that book.

The trouble is that I'm not convinced this was the case. Credible witnesses came out on both sides of the issue and some one Ventura's "witnesses" were not even present at the alleged place at the alleged time. I'm actually aghast he won that case.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top