Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$12 for three years here ... $50 fine if caught without one.

I have an indoor dog I pay it and they record the bitches chip in their database.
View Quote

I think I pay $20 a year.  Something like that.

Have to pay up again in January.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can keep these problems at bay for $5 or $10, and you choose to have these problems ...
The problem is you.

When you live in an area that passes ordinances for dog licenses, you are behind enemy lines, and should simply pay to stay below the radar.

Get wise, sukkah.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:46:34 PM EDT
[#7]
You should find a new vet. My dog's vet told me know they were required but most people don't buy them. I never had a problem
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You should find a new vet. My dog's vet told me know they were required but most people don't buy them. I never had a problem
View Quote

as was stated earlier the vet has no choice they have to report it to the state and the sate maintains the data.  It is up to your county to enforce it or not of they have the ordinance on the books.  some counties don't care others want every dime they can get to subsidize the shitty dog owners and the services that have to be provided to them for their loose or vicious dogs.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
got a letter from the county warning me about not buying a dog license vet turned us in, they are required by the county if you get a rabies shot.we had this dog 10 years and never bought a licensee, has always been a house dog. this is ridiculous.
View Quote

Don't you just love how free we are in this country?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Yay!! More government!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
A dog license?

Does the county have dog detector vans?  No?  If they come to the house, go put the dog up in another room with a nice bone or something to chew on and say "what dog?" when they ask.

Seriously tho, fuck em.  Stop taking your dog to that vet and tell the vet exactly why you no longer use his services.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

as was stated earlier the vet has no choice they have to report it to the state and the sate maintains the data.  It is up to your county to enforce it or not of they have the ordinance on the books.  some counties don't care others want every dime they can get to subsidize the shitty dog owners and the services that have to be provided to them for their loose or vicious dogs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everyone always has a choice.

He has a choice of whether or not to comply with retarded shit and the customer has a choice of which vet he takes his animal to.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

He has a choice of whether or not to comply with retarded shit and the customer has a choice of which vet he takes his animal to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately they don't because they have this thing called a license to practice veterinary medicine that is issued by the state.  Don't follow the rules the state yanks their license.  No license, no livelihood.

Funny how that works.  Keep thinking we're all free to do what ever we want though.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:55:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I keep my dogs like my guns, unregistered.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unfortunately they don't because they have this thing called a license to practice veterinary medicine that is issued by the state.  Don't follow the rules the state yanks their license.  No license, no livelihood.

Funny how that works.  Keep thinking we're all free to do what ever we want though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Feel free to break the law.  I honestly don't give a flying fuck.  I would take great pleasure in acquitting or no billing someone charged with breaking a retarded statute like that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:57:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I got no dog anymore, he ran away with the bitch down the street.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:58:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still a choice.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:59:33 PM EDT
[#18]
In this county, if your dog isn't licensed you have a very, very short time to retrieve them from the pound before they either get adopted out or are put to sleep and they don't put a ton of effort into finding you.
If they're licensed & chipped, you're given much more leeway, they go to great lengths to contact you and make sure you get your dog back.

Every dog escapes at some point, better to know that if yours gets out while you're at work, they'll be safe at the pound until you have a chance to realize they're missing...

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:05:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

never heard of a fucking dog license. wtf.
View Quote

Either had I until I moved here...few weeks after first vet visit...Boom! get a bill from the city.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#21]
we haven't had a license for any of our dogs in decades. First thing you need to do is to get a new Vet from outside your county
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
In this county, if your dog isn't licensed you have a very, very short time to retrieve them from the pound before they either get adopted out or are put to sleep and they don't put a ton of effort into finding you.
If they're licensed & chipped, you're given much more leeway, they go to great lengths to contact you and make sure you get your dog back.

Every dog escapes at some point, better to know that if yours gets out while you're at work, they'll be safe at the pound until you have a chance to realize they're missing...

Kharn
View Quote

Um,  no. all the dogs that I had as a kid or since I've been on my own, more than a dozen, we had one that used to like to run and finally after years got picked up by animal control. The other 11 have never even left the property.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Wait. What happens if you don't get one?

If they catch your pet dogging, what's the penalty?

Can he just pretend he never knew how to dog in the first place?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:23:09 PM EDT
[#24]
My dogs an outlaw.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Unregistered

and on the lam

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Will not comply
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm a VA guy, I just don't pay it.  The county treasurer is a friend of mine and I told her she is nuts if she thinks I'm going to pay a license for a dog.  I hope they don't reposes my dog.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Seems like a way to justify a "Dog Warden" truck and employee to drive around and fine people who don't have a dog license.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's the states way of getting responsible dog owners to foot the bill for the irresponsible ones.

Seems like a way to justify a "Dog Warden" truck and employee to drive around and fine people who don't have a dog license.

Bingo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:12:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Is he licensed to drive just my vehicles or what?

What does a class a with endorsements run for him, or her?

Is insurance cheaper on the bitch since they are supposed to make better choices?

If fixed, does that change insurance?

If pure bred and already papered, do they need a learners permit before the license?

Mine won't act their paw size, no way do they need a license.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:31:36 AM EDT
[#30]
In North Carolina most animal control officers are Law Enforcement Officers.  They even have blue lights on their trucks.  Lying to them about your pet license would result in additional charges.  

It is my understanding that all vets here in NC are required to report what animals they give shots to.  Next month (Jan 2015) we will be taking our two new young full time house cats for their first rabies shots and to be spaded. Not sure what this will mean for our future bills.

I would consider driving across the state line to keep this data from the government but there is probably a federal law against doing that!  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
got a letter from the county warning me about not buying a dog license vet turned us in, they are required by the county if you get a rabies shot.we had this dog 10 years and never bought a licensee, has always been a house dog. this is ridiculous.
View Quote

required here to, put it off for the last 6 months, got the shot, did the paperwork and delayed sending it in until this month it was only past due since June.  They send threatening letters like all of those stupid agencies do, I shred them.  Only thing I don't shred is envelopes with checks in them or ones that look really important. The penalty is $2 a month for not filling in the lines and returning it. We used the money to buy food. The County doesn't care what hard times you have.  I don't much care what the county wants or requires, I will have food on the table first.  They can wait.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:16:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No joke indeed, they're probably basing it off Maryland's rain tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
-
More and more counties are requiring the vets to report this when your dog get the rabies vaccination. My county sent me a notice too and I just ignored it and that was the last I heard about it. Same thing with my sprinkler backflow preventer. They want yearly inspections to be performed by 3rd party inspectors. I've never done that either. They are just looking for ways to get more of your money. Wait till they start charging you for rain runoff.

It's no joke. I work in IT for a neighboring county, and they are already writing the code for runoff. They will determine how many sq. ft of impervious surface area you have (roof, driveway, etc) and charge you a runoff fee based on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_tax

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 1:24:01 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

vets are required to turn in the information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell the dog police that your old dog died.  

When they point out your old dog, you tell them thats the new dog, repeat as necessary.

Go to a vet that isn't so enamored with government.

vets are required to turn in the information.
doesn't say shit, we have 4 dogs and never bought a license out here in the boonies

Our vet

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#34]
Actually reminds me of this:
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 4:08:02 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
-
More and more counties are requiring the vets to report this when your dog get the rabies vaccination. My county sent me a notice too and I just ignored it and that was the last I heard about it. Same thing with my sprinkler backflow preventer. They want yearly inspections to be performed by 3rd party inspectors. I've never done that either. They are just looking for ways to get more of your money. Wait till they start charging you for rain runoff.

It's no joke. I work in IT for a neighboring county, and they are already writing the code for runoff. They will determine how many sq. ft of impervious surface area you have (roof, driveway, etc) and charge you a runoff fee based on that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_tax

cities in TX are starting to impose those.  The way some of them are structured they're designed to go after non profits that don't pay property taxes and own lots of land.  At least that's what Addison was up to.  

PDF Link

oh yeah...Fuck dog license fees.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#37]
dog license = revenueing.  

they are bullshit.  utter fucking bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#38]
My dog doesn't drive so she doesn't need a license.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:36:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Cold dead paws ....................................
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

That seems to be the new thing.   I had Maricopa county hounding me (pun not intended) when I lived there, to register my Mom's dog.   My mom lived on the other side of the country, but had taken her dog to the vet when she came to visit one time.

Big data.   Gotta love it.   And the more pervasive it gets, the more they believe in the infallibility of their systems.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#41]
so, on a related issue - if a cop shoots your dog, do you get a pro-rated refund of the licensing fee?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#42]
My dog doesn't drive, (nor my cats), I'm not getting them a license.

Try and take me coppers
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If you can keep these problems at bay for $5 or $10, and you choose to have these problems ...
The problem is you.

When you live in an area that passes ordinances for dog licenses, you are behind enemy lines, and should simply pay to stay below the radar.

Get wise, sukkah.

View Quote

how do those boots taste slave????????????

Seriously STOP PUTTING UP WITH THIS SHIT

stop feeding the beast.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Sounds like a great way to reduce the number of rabies vaccinated dogs. There's no way in hell I would pay for a dog license.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:53:22 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
tell em your dog died and find a new vet who's not a commie.
View Quote

its required to notify the county when they give out a rabies tag.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:58:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sounds like a great way to reduce the number of rabies vaccinated dogs. There's no way in hell I would pay for a dog license.
View Quote

Fighting rabies isn't the objective.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dog license?

Yeah, get right on that
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Before I opened...thought...man..he must be in VA..

Yup.

$5 around here...for a "license."

Fuckin Stasi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before I opened...thought...man..he must be in VA..

Yup.

$5 around here...for a "license."

Fuckin Stasi.

$5 ? must be nice they are $50 yr here .
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top